• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

You are completely wrong in your assumptions on the webpage. And I have evidence to prove it!

You see, your claims only work if the person who leaked this was on Falco's page on the website. However, it's entirely possible that they are not. I personally think this color of that page matches up with Fox's. Not exactly, but it's a very close match.

Tell me! Would your evidence on the contradictions in the webpage work if the person who leaked were on someone's else's part of the website, and simply saw Falco's character page shown on the bottom of the screen?
Close analysis of the page on my part reveals that the color does not match any other character. Closest is Fox.
Thank you for posting this and making my life easier.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
That's a valid point. I suppose we'll have to wait for Falco's official confirmation to completely debunk this. Although even if it is fake I don't expect Falco to not be in Smash 4.
Likewise, I just want Falco to be revealed already so my brother stops bothering me with questions regarding Falco already.
"Has Falco been shown yet?" "Could Falco get cut?" "When's Falco?"
Maybe then I could actually find out who he wants in the game other than Falco and Luigi.
I think people see unique renders/images and aren't sure what to make of them.
Just shows that people tend to actually try with fake leaks sometimes.
I agree, I definitely believe that every other image "leak" has been proven fake / given enough reasonable doubt to call them fake. But the Palutena leak still stands strong from what I can tell. No way to really shoot that one down, other than the halo. The Statue only helps her case from what I've seen and read.

You are completely wrong in your assumptions on the webpage. And I have evidence to prove it!

You see, your claims only work if the person who leaked this was on Falco's page on the website. However, it's entirely possible that they are not. I personally think this color of that page matches up with Fox's. Not exactly, but it's a very close match.

Tell me! Would your evidence on the contradictions in the webpage work if the person who leaked were on someone's else's part of the website, and simply saw Falco's character page shown on the bottom of the screen?

I suppose you have a point there, Hinata. However I have the evidence to backfire your claim right here!

This doesn't prove/disprove anything, but I noticed that the border at the top was a color not used for any other character on the official website. The closest one it comes to is Fox's (maybe a photoshopper would want to try to tie it in with Star Fox colors?), but even then it's still a darker blue.

This is a post by Sorasin, regarding the exact same situation you brought up with Fox's background color. As Sorasin mentions himself, this is the closest shade of blue found on all of the existing characters' pages. As you can clearly see, the shades of Blue are very visually different.

If this WAS shown on a separate character's page, tell me Hinata...

Which character has this exact shade of blue as their background color on the official website??

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario 3D World
Link Between Worlds
There are two big releases, they could have revealed characters pertaining to those releases.
Yes... November could have had Rosalina and Zelda instead of Marth...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I suppose you have a point there, Hinata. However I have the evidence to backfire your claim right here!

This is a post by Sorasin, regarding the exact same situation you brought up with Fox's background color. As Sorasin mentions himself, this is the closest shade of blue found on all of the existing characters' pages. As you can clearly see, the shades of Blue are very visually different.

If this WAS shown on a separate character's page, tell me Hinata...

Where can you find this exact shade of blue as a background for a character on the website?

I... I will concede. The shade of blue doesn't match any character on the website as of yet...

However! The mere presence of some simple color editing does not disprove a leak! Besides, do you see the character tiles on the screen? The ones showing headshots of all confirmed characters. They look completely like how they're supposed to. Meaning that this person would have had to put Falco over an existing character's headshot, edit the name underneath them, and then do the same with all other fighters on that screen all the while keeping them exactly consistent with how they're supposed to look.

Can you show me evidence that someone did just that?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Close analysis of the page on my part reveals that the color does not match any other character. Closest is Fox.
...Do you realize it only takes like five seconds to change the shade of color in any basic graphical manipulation software.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Do you realize it only takes like five seconds to change the shade of color in any basic graphical manipulation software.
Yes, but all in all, I certainly believe this one is now debunked. To me, at least. I was also referring to the theory of it being another character's page, not the leaker just changing it.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the color difference, perhaps the leaker felt it was necessary to change the color for it to seem more credible? I bet you all would have decided it was fake already if the color matched a previously announced character.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
In regards to the color difference, perhaps the leaker felt it was necessary to change the color for it to seem more credible? I bet you all would have decided it was fake already if the color matched a previously announced character.
If that was the case, changing the color so we wouldn't think it's fake, it really had the opposite effect, didn't it? The color is what's causing doubt. :laugh:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Clones aren't worth arguing over, let alone Falco, let's get some new character leaks pronto.
Thats the wrong answer. Falco is awesome and not a clone and this leak is worth talking about. Its not Palutena leak good but its still pretty good. I say we should discuss this leak. The less leaks the better. That way when a real one comes by it won't be stifled by "Smashbros Developer Fanfic Leaks"

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I... I will concede. The shade of blue doesn't match any character on the website as of yet...

However! The mere presence of some simple color editing does not disprove a leak! Besides, do you see the character tiles on the screen? The ones showing headshots of all confirmed characters. They look completely like how they're supposed to. Meaning that this person would have had to put Falco over an existing character's headshot, edit the name underneath them, and then do the same with all other fighters on that screen all the while keeping them exactly consistent with how they're supposed to look.

Can you show me evidence that someone did just that?

I'm sorry I'm interrupting our heated debate like this, but I just got this letter in the mail and...

Looks like I'm going to be in Smash now! Hahaha!

...No I'm lying. This isn't real at all, it's a fake created by none other than me!

More specifically Athena, I'm not entirely sure how computers work but...

More importantly, this should PROVE that even an amateur like Athena could create such an almost believable fake image!
Athena: AMATEUR?!
Widget: RUDE!

But can you deny that this image is roughly the same quality as this proposed "Leak"?

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Thats the wrong answer. Falco is awesome and not a clone and this leak is worth talking about. Its not Palutena leak good but its still pretty good. I say we should discuss this leak. The less leaks the better. That way when a real one comes by it won't be stifled by "Smashbros Developer Fanfic Leaks"
Fox's DNA is clearly seen in Falco. Unless he's pulling out a bazooka as his B-Down, summoning lightning as his A foward, he's a clone to me.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Goodness gracious!! I've never played a Pheonix Wright game before but these lawyer scenarios are really entertaining!!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

But could immediately disprove that this image was a fake at first glance if I hadn't told you otherwise?
The font seems to be a bit big... No, seriously. :drflip:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I'm sorry I'm interrupting our heated debate like this, but I just got this letter in the mail and...

...No I'm lying. This isn't real at all, it's a fake created by none other than me!

More importantly, this should PROVE that even an amateur like Athena could create such an almost believable fake image!
Athena: HEY!

But could you immediately disprove that this image was a fake at first glance if I hadn't told you otherwise?
Man, I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could be gumshoe.

Anyways, that pic is good, but the graphic style doesn't exactly fit. Its a good effort, but the falco one seems more legit.

I do get your point however, so I will give you credit for this one, wright.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why the **** is Phoenix Wright stuff plastered everywhere?
This is how I debate things!!
Don't judge me ;-;
The font seems to be a bit big... No, seriously. :drflip:
Okay so I couldn't get the font exactly right, but it's supposed to be an example of how easy it is to create a fake like that. It's not supposed to be an actual fake leak.
@ AEMehr AEMehr ...So you're saying because we didn't immediately disprove the Falco leak...it's more credible? :p
No, I was just saying that creating an image that could fool somebody for a moment is very easy. So the fact that someone with as minimal image editing talent as myself could just make a "leaked" image of the website.

Of course, in the Falco image's case extra detail was put into the Air Dodge / Back Air / whatever it is. But putting another character alongside the other fighters is incredibly easy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As if Falco's not going to be in the game anyway.

Seriously though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I pointed that out in my analysis.

I suppose this is partially true... But after looking at this again, I've found conclusive evidence that this is in fact a fake.
The problem isn't Falco, it's the webpage itself.

You can clearly see an arrow present at the top left of this image, normally you'd press this to move onto the next fighter. But in the same image, there is no arrow present next to Falco to proceed into the next batch of fighters. Also underneath the fighters, the three circles show how many character columns their currently are. If you were able to go forward, as the arrow at the top left suggests there would have to be a fourth batch of fighters for their to be a fourth column. This image does not show that either.
Now if you would go to Lucario's current character page...
http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/lucario.html
Lucario has no arrow next to the link that returns you back to the main page OR next to his image among the other fighters.

I'm 100% certain now that this is a fake. If this really was a screen cap of the actual website, this glaring contradiction wouldn't have existed in the first place.

What do you guys have to say to detest this?
Well played my man thats pretty good proof its fake

And to help you no one is i front of the rumored falco picture

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Athena: AMATEUR?!

But could you immediately disprove that this image was a fake at first glance if I hadn't told you otherwise?

The text under your name looks a bit odd compared to the others... But, if it wasn't for the blatantly obvious fact that your "headshot" is of a figurine, no, I don't think I'd be able to disprove it right off the bat.

So... I withdraw my argument.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
not going to lie i was going to post a professor layton gif but they were all to big

Tragic.​

The text under your name looks a bit odd compared to the others... But, if it wasn't for the blatantly obvious fact that your "headshot" is of a figurine, no, I don't think I'd be able to disprove it right off the bat.

So... I withdraw my argument.
Okay I'm done now.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
God this thread has blown up since I left. So apparently newest "leaks" are Falco and Phoenix Wright? Umm huh?

Falco is a reasonable one but Phoenix? I don't think so. Pretty sure Capcom owns Wright and they'd be the first company to get two reps instead of one. So that alone... is suspicious.

As for the Falco leak, is it as "well done" (or possible) as the Platuena leak or more along the lines of the Ness & Jigglypuff ones which were confirmed fake to begin with?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I've pretty much had a theory. Any character who got into Brawl after originating in Melee is a shoe-in. It's like you have the Original 12, but then you have a second tier of returning characters aka the Melee Vets.
So basically, we should look at it like this:
Shoe-ins: :yoshi2::ness2::jigglypuff::falcon:
Melee Shoe-ins: :gw::popo::sheik::falco::ganondorf:
Then the almost definite Brawl vets: :warioc::metaknight::zerosuitsamus::diddy:
Then the risky Brawl vets::wolf::ike::rob::lucas::pt:

This really puts things into perspective.

This is a tad off topic, but it could be useful when analyzing leaks...

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
Is Smashboards seriously filled with 9-year olds who can't reply to post without plastering images all over and trying to re-enact them?

It's not that hard to argue why a leak isn't credible or not without trying to roleplay.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Despite the fact that I lost, that debate was fun. :laugh:

Anyway, whether or not this leak is fake doesn't really matter. Falco's pretty much guaranteed to be in anyways.

EDIT:
God this thread has blown up since I left. So apparently newest "leaks" are Falco and Phoenix Wright? Umm huh?

Falco is a reasonable one but Phoenix? I don't think so. Pretty sure Capcom owns Wright and they'd be the first company to get two reps instead of one. So that alone... is suspicious.

As for the Falco leak, is it as "well done" (or possible) as the Platuena leak or more along the lines of the Ness & Jigglypuff ones which were confirmed fake to begin with?
The Phoenix one was made to make a point. It's not an actual leak.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Is Smashboards seriously filled with 9-year olds who can't reply to post without plastering images all over and trying to re-enact them?

It's not that hard to argue why a leak isn't credible or not without trying to roleplay.
Hey, relax. They're just having a little fun with it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I don't know why people are hating on Phoenix Wright debates. They do more in-depth analysis than any of us do and its entertaining.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Falco is the current topic, but I believe I've proven it to be fake.

As for the Phoenix Wright one, I made that myself and specifically said it was fake. I made it to make a point. It is in no way meant to fool people realistically, just an example.

Mr. Hostile over here, trying to rustle some jimmies I see.

No harm in a little fun every now and then, is there Jazz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom