• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
No harm in a little fun every now and then, is there Jazz?
Maybe not, but it would be nice to have some standards.
From what i've seen people are eager to bad mouth you for wanting a certain character in, go incredibly off topic, and spam macro images and animated gifs out of the wazzoo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So basically, we should look at it like this:
Shoe-ins: :yoshi2::ness2::jigglypuff::falcon:
Melee Shoe-ins: :gw::popo::sheik::falco::ganondorf:
Then the almost definite Brawl vets: :warioc::metaknight::zerosuitsamus::diddy:
Then the risky Brawl vets::wolf::ike::rob::lucas::pt:

This really puts things into perspective.

This is a tad off topic, but it could be useful when analyzing leaks...
I'd move R.O.B. up to definite Brawl vets. No way he's cutting R.O.B. and an entire series along with him.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Falco is the current topic, but I believe I've proven it to be fake.

As for the Phoenix Wright one, I made that myself and specifically said it was fake. I made it to make a point. It is in no way meant to fool people realistically, just an example.
Mr. Hostile over here, trying to rustle some jimmies I see.

No harm in a little fun every now and then, is there Jazz?
Ahh. Nice photoshop skills by the way. :)

I don't see Falco really getting cut as Falco is already different from Fox and would more like "Fox's Luigi" if two things happen to his moveset: 1) He shoots with 2 blasters instead of one like he did in the SSE story mode and 2) He ditches that damn Landmaster for an Arwing or something.

So yeah. I think Smash info will be slow coming for a while now. My biggest worry is that with Lucario in and Sakurai giving so much faith to the Brawl team for making Lucario possible in the first place... will Mewtwo return? I know there is room for both in the Smash universe... but I'm not Sakurai and I cannot think like how that guy thinks. And since I considered Mewtwo to be a shoe in for Brawl and Smash 4... I'm bracing myself for him not to be in the latter like how he wasn't in the former. :(

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
From what i've seen people are eager to bad mouth you for wanting a certain character in, go incredibly off topic, and spam macro images and animated gifs out of the wazzoo.
Some people are ironically most on topic when the Phoenix Wright gifs come out. :laugh:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Judging from the amount of time you've actually been here, which has been a day. You literally know nothing about me and the things you've said are more applicable with much more users than myself. As for your mentioning of "standards" as long as I find my posts insightful in some way, I find the majority of the content I post meet to my personal standards. People seem to like a lot of my posts too anyways, so I have to be doing something right.
Rip and tear RIP AND TEAR IT APART!

I'm timing you babes.

Y'know guys, I'm pretty sure this Falco image is fake, I'm pretty sure even I could mock up something like that.
Do I win?

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Judging from the amount of time you've actually been here, which has been a day. You literally know nothing about me and the things you've said are more applicable with much more users than myself. As for your "standards" as long as I find my posts insightful in some way, I find the majority of the content I post meet to my personal standards.

Do I win?

I said I could, not I would.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I said I could, not I would.
Well, the quality of Lyn's model doesn't match Marth in the slightest. Which makes no sense since the Palutena leak matches Pit pretty well, as does the Falco "leak" to Fox.
The shade of green in the background is darker than Villager's and brighter than Bowser's. So the page shouldn't be any other character's but Lyn's.
It has the same arrow and column contradiction as the Falco "leak".
It was probably made by you.

Now do I win??

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Well, the quality of Lyn's model doesn't match Marth in the slightest. Which makes no sense since the Palutena leak matches Pit pretty well, as does the Falco "leak".
The shade of green in the background is darker than Villager's and brighter and Bowser's. So the page shouldn't be any other character's but Lyn's.
It has the same arrow and column contradiction as the Falco "leak".
It was probably made by you.

Now do I win??

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Did some dumb intern just start updating the Smash website prematurely by accident? Is that the story we're supposed to believe for all these convenient "leaks" popping up?

Anywho, I'm not sure about Falco, but Lyn's about as real as the 1 billion $ in my bank account.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Did some dumb intern just start updating the Smash website prematurely by accident? Is that the story we're supposed to believe for all these convenient "leaks" popping up?

Anywho, I'm not sure about Falco, but Lyn's about as real as the 1 billion $ in my bank account.
Well lightdasher just admitted to making the Lyn one so... As did I to Phoenix Wright, but that was never meant to fool anybody anyways.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

Yeah, that's pretty much what my thought process has been regarding the characters. If anything, it's worth considering.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

No Snake?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area.

Dott

Smash Ace

Well, clearly the leak, as well is declared as...

Fake

Oh come on, someone has to do it

But still, there are some things what doesn't fit, like Falco shirt is closer to the neck than other designs.

Last edited:

Doc Croca

Smash Rookie
Nick would be a pretty cool character in ssb, i think !

... wait i'm probably getting off topic.

That would be pretty stupid but actually believable
i mean, Falco announced as the next veteran would be catching us offguard (but well now we are kinda expecting that I think :p )

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Still don't know what to think about him. I (in particular) want him to stay, but my gut is telling me otherwise.
Dont listen to your gut, hes just hungry :p

Anyway i do think snake has a pretty good chance to return, yes im bias but sakurai and his team put a lot of time into him so i doubt he will let it go that easily. But among all the other veterans i dont think he should be placed with any them in a likelyhood scenario, since if he is in they will definitely put a third party as a top priority due to the effort that is needed for them.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Leak: Sakurai's coffee all over the computer during his shift, completely destroying his work on the game up to this point in time.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Shoe-ins: :yoshi2::ness2::falcon::warioc::diddy:
Then the almost definite Brawl vets: :metaknight::zerosuitsamus::lucas:
Then the risky Brawl vets::wolf::ike::rob::pt::jigglypuff:

Fixed.

Groose

Smash Champion
So many Wright-style arguments! I'm loving this!

Well, clearly the leak, as well is declared as...

Fake

Oh come on, someone has to do it

But still, there are some things what doesn't fit, like Falco shirt is closer to the neck than other designs.
Logged in to like this.

I'm not the only one that remembers Shad :o

B: Read
<B>: Walk out of the room so you can warp
Bv: Look at Map
B^: Hold cool weapon for a long time and never use it

Shad for Smash!
And to like this. If I make a Shad support thread, do I have your permission to use this?

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
Judging from the amount of time you've actually been here, which has been a day. You literally know nothing about me and the things you've said are more applicable with much more users than myself. As for your mentioning of "standards" as long as I find my posts insightful in some way, I find the majority of the content I post meet to my personal standards. People seem to like a lot of my posts too anyways, so I have to be doing something right.

Do I win?
The concept of lurking seems to be lost on you, and the things I said were for other users..

I came here to see what dumb leak of the week came out but this topic seems to have spiralled out of control.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So Falco was proven fake huh? Eh, was never interested in that leak to begin with since Falco is undoubtedly going to be in the game.

With Palutena though, she's a newcomer (and my most wanted one at that) plus there was a lot more to go on instead of a simple headshot. Not to mention the jury is still out for her case. :troll:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Every time I see a leak with Jigglypuff claimed being cut, I have hard to believe it (not that I believe in the others anyway). It's not that I main Jiggly., but because it being part of the original 12. The group that manage to return both times.
Jiggly has also always been unlockable; won't probably be announced before release either.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Every time I see a leak with Jigglypuff claimed being cut, I have hard to believe it (not that I believe in the others anyway). It's not that I main Jiggly., but because it being part of the original 12. The group that manage to return both times.
Jiggly has also always been unlockable; won't probably be announced before release either.
But an unlockable like :toonlink: has already been revealed early.
And there's nothing actually wrong with Jiggs being cut, because of her being low priority in Brawl probably indicates Sakurai could cut her soon. BUt that depends on the roster.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And there's nothing actually wrong with Jiggs being cut, because of her being low priority in Brawl probably indicates Sakurai could cut her soon. BUt that depends on the roster.
Where did Sakurai say that? I could never get this.
What? She didn't look as good? This is all just a baseless theory.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
The bolded is unlikely. You can't depend on past unlockable status to define whether or not they will be unlockable in the new Smash Bros. That also has no bearing on whether they will be announced before or after release.

Luigi > Unlockable in SSB64/Melee/Brawl
Marth > Unlockable in Melee/Brawl
Young Link/Toon Link > Unlockable in Melee/Brawl
Lucario > Unlockable in Brawl
Sonic > Unlockable in Brawl

All of these characters have already been revealed for the Wii U and these are the ones that are unlockables from past games. We know how much Sakurai hates spoilers. He insists on completely changing the Wii U's single player because people spoiled the SSE cinematic character intros. Also, if you remember all of these characters were shown on the DOJO but they were in a spoiler section with each character being named "hidden_XX in the URL. So it's quite clear Sakurai has taken a different route. There may not even be unlockable characters in Smash 4. At least not like we know. It's possible that this time around only retro newcomers are unlockables, or 3rd party newcomers. It would be a great way to surprise players.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I find it interesting that we're seeing characters that were unlockable in previous games. I'm just curious on why this is so.

Lets see, of the remaining unconfirmed veterans, there are 10 who have been starter, 12 who have been secret, and 2 who have been both starter & secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom