• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they should just focus on Rage Peach...that or (0:17):

Well learned something new about my phone today thanks to this video: just because the ringer is off doesn't mean the video won't make sound. My phone just blasted the libary with Peach screaming "Uh-huh. Come on bring it." I haven't been this embarrassed in a long time. God only knows what they think I'm watching.

Last edited:

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Haha Sakurai isn't gonna cut Falco. We're gonna get force fed the same two characters in different slots and we're gonna like it.

*cries*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Foolish People foolishly thinking Falco would foolishly cut foolish-like before Wolf in the foolish event of a foolish smaller roster foolishly because of a foolish arguably of being less unique? Those fools.
Well, you know. There are people who think he's a downright clone...

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I would think if someone were to leak images of the website, they would leak the pictures of the game and not the bottom of the page. The person probably just showed the bottom to make it easier for them to edit the page while making it look believable.
where is that detailed falco image everyone was squawking about?
the 4chan link is dead

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Well, you know. There are people who think he's a downright clone...
Because he is. Same basic moveset, he handles pretty much exactly the same. Despite some of his moves functioning differently he still feels the same. At least Wolf is a bit more unique.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
where is that detailed falco image everyone was squawking about?
the 4chan link is dead

There you go

And here's a comparison by Natis

Although I take leaks very lightly, this Falco image seems like it could create good discussion.

There are some noticeable differences in the two images:

I've rotated the image to better compare it to the "leaked" Falco.
Clearly there are some differences like facial expression, lighting of the "headgear", and color scheme, but you can pick some smaller details out of the two. In the "leaked" image Falco has smaller pupils, less "eyeliner", he has more detailed feathers on the lower half of his head. Additionally, his neck area looks much better, and there are some jacket differences.

However, one of the things that to me raises some red flags is that the feathers on the upper half of his head looks to be the same shape, if not identical.

If it is fake, it was a smart move by the leaker because we can assume the SF reps will look similar to their Brawl counterparts. However, those little details within the image make me wonder... is it real? Or does this person just have some good photoshop skills to make me go... "hmmm..."
According to him

Everything's different on falco except the top of his head

Differences is the following

1. The leak picture i smiling the brawl model is not
  2. His pupils are smaller in the leak picture just like all of the other characters who got smaller pupils for higher emotions
  3. The lines that border his eyes are smaller than the brawl one (and makes his eyes look less girly)
  4. His headgear is less detailed (aka not as real world like just like sakurai did with Mario's pants)
  5. On the bottom of his head (not the top part) the feathers are much easier to notice than the brawl model
  6. The jacket on the leak and brawl models there is some difference
  7. The most obvious is his neck is much better than the brawl model (theres even a neck sleeve in his red shirt when the brawl one does not).
That what he caught that I can see anyway

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because he is. Same basic moveset, he handles pretty much exactly the same. Despite some of his moves functioning differently he still feels the same. At least Wolf is a bit more unique.
Falco's a semiclone.
From SmashWiki (yes I'm aware it's SmashWiki but currently I can't find a better explanation)...
SmashWiki said:
Falco now has a different dashing animation, neutral combo, up tilt, forward smash, neutral aerial, forward aerial, and up aerial, while Fox was given a different back aerial. Both Fox's and Falco's down throws were altered, where Fox's hits opponents far away diagonally, while Falco's hits opponents not far away horizontally. Falco was also given a new down special, where he uses Reflector differently (he kicks it forward where it hits weakly horizontally and can trip, instead of holding it). Additionally, Falco's physics were altered, where he falls slower with faster air speed and less gravity in comparison to Fox (though their physics are still similar). Other similarities and differences that existed in Melee not addressed here still apply in Brawl.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
@ Blaziken Blaziken That's a good point. But if you were to leak something wouldn't you want to make it ambiguous as possible to generate discussions and attention? Compared to simply showing everything, it seem more logical.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Falco's D-Air is literally one of my favorite moves in SSB of all time. Just love how you get an instant meteor Smash from it. I wouldn't mind if he was cut though, but the leak says otherwise.
Personally I prefer the air I think that most of Brawls characters will be back at this point, thanks to Toon Link and Lucario.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Me? huh.. i dont know what you are talking about!
Of course you do. Leaker!
It makes sense now. You posted that on 4Chan! And did it to steam us all up! But you had one fatal flaw. You had to include yourself in this argument! And it was all just a landslide from there...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This could easily be Brawl's model touched-up in Photoshop and I truly believe it is.
• Something to note here is Falco's pose. It looks very similar to a pose he's made in Brawl in numerous occasions (I believe this one is his air dodge specifically).
• Next to notice is where he is facing, away from the viewer. Others may not focus on the screen, but they are still partially looking at the screen. Falco seems to be entirely facing away from the viewer, he's not even looking at us. I'd imagine the trend to continue with other playable character renders.
• One final thing to note is that all other veterans are in positions that can not be taken from Brawl unless the character model is edited accordingly (as in, nobody can pose like their Smash 4 renders in Brawl). Like I said before, Falco's seems to be in a position he was shown in Brawl through various animations in the game. I find it unlikely for him to not have a new pose for him like the other characters do.

It's a nice looking one, but I'm very sure this is fake. But seeing Falco as this month's character would be an interesting turn of events, wouldn't it?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I don't think we really need to worry about Falco getting in. The interesting thing about this 'leak' is just how it would affect the other leaks if he were to be revealed before Diddy.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't think we really need to worry about Falco getting in. The interesting thing about this 'leak' is just how it would affect the other leaks if he were to be revealed before Diddy.
Over 90% of leaks would die out. A Falco confirmation would be the Nuke that the leaks never wanted

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

How can you guys be arguing Phoenix Wright style without using sprites of the man himself?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

because tright this isn't court, we've been only using music​
Well... It's still something that should be added for dramatic effect!

Also, I just noticed how low quality that model was. That's what you get for ripping sprites from the game that have a white background, I guess.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
@ AEMehr AEMehr There are a bunch of characters who aren't looking at the screen though. Mega Man, Luigi and Wii Fit Trainer (who is barely facing the screen) for example. And who's to say the position of the model is exactly in the same position as the Brawl model? Assuming something doesn't really make it fake (or less believable).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This could easily be Brawl's model touched-up in Photoshop and I truly believe it is.
• Something to note here is Falco's pose. It looks very similar to a pose he's made in Brawl in numerous occasions (I believe this one is his air dodge specifically).
• Next to notice is where he is facing, away from the viewer. Others may not focus on the screen, but they are still partially looking at the screen. Falco seems to be entirely facing away from the viewer, he's not even looking at us. I'd imagine the trend to continue with other playable character renders.
• One final thing to note is that all other veterans are in positions that can not be taken from Brawl unless the character model is edited accordingly (as in, nobody can pose like their Smash 4 renders in Brawl). Like I said before, Falco's seems to be in a position he was shown in Brawl through various animations in the game. I find it unlikely for him to not have a new pose for him like the other characters do.

It's a nice looking one, but I'm very sure this is fake. But seeing Falco as this month's character would be an interesting turn of events, wouldn't it?
Yea I agree but the only way. To proove its fake at this point is if falco is not next (in this case diddy kong)

But fake or not it will not hurt falcos chances at all if fake

Anyway did you look at Natis post on page 267 he clearly pointed out the it's looking like an excellent chance that's not the brawl model head (in other words looking as likely as the palutena leak right now at this point but if he's not next its dropped to zero)

In other words the rumor is morely like falco will be revealed next

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:squirtle::squirtle::squirtle:I HAVE LE LAWYER ULTIMATE ON MY SIDE! TAKE THAT!!!:squirtle::squirtle::squirtle:

off topic humongous
Ha! That thing can only say it's name. How is it a good lawyer?

Could be worse, you could be in the social thread. But yeah, this has ran it's course.
...But I'm still watching you, pal. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom