• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
Here's a good proposition:

Let's just ignore all rumors from GameFAQs. Wait for a NeoGAF account to discuss possible rumors, since those accounts have more at risk in spreading lies and false rumors.

It's a fun pastime, I guess, but we don't need to be talking about every single rumor that TrollFAQs has to offer.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
If that last rumor is true, I would be content. Ridley and Mewtwo are on it and none of my favorites are cut.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I'd like to believe that rumor because I actually like that roster so much. (Why Dixie over K. Rool though :()

Too bad it seems like we will have no real way of confirming or de-confirming this rumor until either a character that is not in this leak is revealed or we have knowledge of the full roster through an official source.

43 character slots and 48/49 characters counting transformations, the roster itself pretty good roster if you ask me. Now the rumor, the rumor isn't that great, no way of ever evaluating it.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
That new GFaqs "Leak" is just the last few rumors put together...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How do we really know if that rumor orginated beforw Olimars reveal....all s_it aside that is one deep roster i really hope this is the truth.

RIDLEY & MEWTWO ,!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

I would hate that roster for one reason and one reason only.
Krystal replaces Wolf.

Now, I'm fine with Krystal being a 4th SF character (or not at all), but take out Falco or Wolf for her, and that's crossing the line.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Krystal replaces Wolf.

Now, I'm fine with Krystal being a 4th SF character (or not at all), but take out Falco or Wolf for her, and that's crossing the line.
What? That doesnt even make any sense......

PS:Throw Slippy & Peppy in there and you gotta deal 4 Reps for SF is under appreciated it needs 6.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Krystal replaces Wolf.

Even though I prefer Wolf to both Falco and Krystal and even though I would actually prefer for Wolf to stay over Krystal, I find that that change would not be that big of a deal for me. But I do think Wolf is much better as a smash character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't mind if Falco flew the coop. He was a boring clone compared to Wolf.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Yeah. We should add Andross, Slippy, Peppy, Kystal, Leon, Pigma, Panther, and every single being from Starfox in Smash. In fact, let's rename this game Super Starfox Brothers.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
TBQH, I would be quite satisfied with the roster from the latest "leak/rumor" but until concrete proof presents itself, I'm gonna consider it false; just like all the others.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeeeeaaahhh. No.

The roster hasn't been finalized yet, they're trying to implement as many characters as possibly currently, so since the roster hasn't been finalized it'd be impossible to "leak" the full roster by now. Just some guy who wants to cause commotion by setting up a big scene with a story behind it, claiming he's from a gaming website. It's still scarily close to my prediction roster though, and I wouldn't mind it if that'd be the roster (it has Ridley, so of course I'd be satisfied), even though I'd be bummed with the exclusion of K. Rool.

Still, I appreciate all the rumors and "leaks" shared, they're always interesting to read, so I'm not trying to sound ungrateful.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Yeeeeaaahhh. No.

The roster hasn't been finalized yet, they're trying to implement as many characters as possibly currently, so since the roster hasn't been finalized it'd be impossible to "leak" the full roster by now. Just some guy who wants to cause commotion by setting up a big scene with a story behind it, claiming he's from a gaming website. It's still scarily close to my prediction roster though, and I wouldn't mind it if that'd be the roster (it has Ridley, so of course I'd be satisfied), even though I'd be bummed with the exclusion of K. Rool.

Still, I appreciate all the rumors and "leaks" shared, they're always interesting to read, so I'm not trying to sound ungrateful.
Sakurai confirmed in an interview that the roster HAS been finalized, not all characters have been programmed though

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeeeeaaahhh. No.

Agreed too soon to expose I mean we could get another unexpected character like the wii fit trainer

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would honestly hate if that last rumor was actually the roster but the Chrom/Lucina duo very much sounds like this is InfiniteGTX or whatever his/her name was in an alt account trying to redeem themselves after their last leak failed.

But hey, that's just me.

UPDATE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66926474

Troll regrets trolling, posts as fan roster instead.
Uh, that troll was me, I posted it as a regular roster to see if the mods would take it down as quickly as they took down the original leak thread, which was posted by someone else.

That said, one troll posted that exact roster sans Ridley in increments a day before, under the guise of answering questions about the gaime using five words per post. He gave himself away by accidentally posting as his main account in his alt's thread.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai confirmed in an interview that the roster HAS been finalized, not all characters have been programmed though
The list of characters he plans to include has been finalized, however, they're not gonna get to make them all because of time constraints. That's why he said that no characters have been cut yet, but expect there to be cuts anyways.

Also, just noticed that Snake is cut on there. And while it's not unlikely it'd still suck majorly.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The list of characters he plans to include has been finalized, however, they're not gonna get to make them all because of time constraints. That's why he said that no characters have been cut yet, but expect there to be cuts anyways.

Also, just noticed that Snake is cut on there. And while it's not unlikely it'd still suck majorly.
Well Snake only got in cuz of Kojima begging :p Plus Kojima is only making MGSV for Microsoft and Sony but NOT Nintendo

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well Snake only got in cuz of Kojima begging :p Plus Kojima is only making MGSV for Microsoft and Sony but NOT Nintendo
Yeah, I know. Still, MGS is just as exclusive to Sony as it was pre-Brawl, it's even been widened to be included on the Xbox, though that doesn't matter much. As I said, it's not unlikely that he'll get cut, but he's just SO. MUCH. FUN. Plus, he's incredibly unique in his playstyle, it'd be a shame to let go of him since no one can replicate his playstyle. But that's talk for another thread, and this is mostly subjective on my side anyways.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Yeah, I know. Still, MGS is just as exclusive to Sony as it was pre-Brawl, it's even been widened to be included on the Xbox, though that doesn't matter much. As I said, it's not unlikely that he'll get cut, but he's just SO. MUCH. FUN. Plus, he's incredibly unique in his playstyle, it'd be a shame to let go of him since no one can replicate his playstyle. But that's talk for another thread, and this is mostly subjective on my side anyways.
Yeah I liked Snake too but his play style opened the doors for other characters to follow with similar but not identical moves, he'll leave a legacy behind him :)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Snake was a unique situation, normally a creator doesn't get enough control over their characters rights to make that kind of decision Kojima was able to make about Snake's inclusion in Brawl. It's why in general 3rd parties are generally so complicated because most IP rights are generally held by the Publishers which are generally harder to deal with.

Megaman on the other hand, Capcom seems to seldomly have issues with crossover type situations given how many crossover games they themeslves make, not all publishers are exactly on board for that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom