• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I have to admit this is rather entertaining to watch, if nothing else. I'm laughing my butt off at all of this. BTW, isn't there a Nintendo Direct happening very soon?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have to admit this is rather entertaining to watch, if nothing else. I'm laughing my butt off at all of this. BTW, isn't there a Nintendo Direct happening very soon?
I don't think that we've heard anything about a coming Nintendo Direct, but it can't be long before we get one.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I've said it on GameFAQs and now I'm saying it here: to me, the best way to look at all of these leaks and rumors is to consider them all false until proven true.

D

Deleted member

I was on a "wait and see" basis for this, however, I'm fully convinced now that this is false.

Did some history on the user, and he had apparently "leaked" some Brawl information shortly before Brawl's true leaks from Japan came in.

I can't give a direct link since the page apparently had been removed some time ago, but I can see what was said through caching the page on a Google search.

InfiniteGTX said:
So, let me get straight to the point: I have inside-information regarding Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, I will not reveal my source; even if that means instant nonbelievers. My source must remain hidden and unexposed. A lot of you will need proof; so let me say here and now, that Krystal will be the next newcomer announced on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! When it comes to that, then you will all realize that my information is accurate.
Most of you will be wanting to know the complete character roster; the truth is, I do not know the full roster. So, to keep myself going, I will be periodically revealing more and more information on the game, via this blog. Think of me as...thealmightygoat2-- only, not a false.

To start off, I'll tell a little bit about some of the unrevealed characters:
As I have said, Krystal is a playable character. She uses her staff for a minority of her moveset, and will be the next newcomer announced on the DOJO!! Ganondorf and Luigi are returning, and are both completely revamped. Ganondorf is even slower, but uses his sword. Luigi has a lot changed about him, however he still shows minor similarities to Mario's moveset. Luigi uses the Poltergust 3000, as predicted.
That is all for now.
Pretty sure Krystal wasn't in Brawl, Ganondorf doesn't use his sword, and Luigi doesn't use the Poltergust.

Since this guy is a known fraud, I'm leaning more towards this set of leaks from him are also bull****.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Ah, speculah. How I missed ye.

It's all vague enough that that this guy might actually get something right even though as the user said above, he's a BSer. It might be difficult for liars this time around, posting history hasn't been lost to the depths of time.

Groose

Smash Champion
I was on a "wait and see" basis for this, however, I'm fully convinced now that this is false.

Did some history on the user, and he had apparently "leaked" some Brawl information shortly before Brawl's true leaks from Japan came in.

I can't give a direct link since the page apparently had been removed some time ago, but I can see what was said through caching the page on a Google search.

Pretty sure Krystal wasn't in Brawl, Ganondorf doesn't use his sword, and Luigi doesn't use the Poltergust.

Since this guy is a known fraud, I'm leaning more towards this set of leaks from him are also bull****.

Thank you kindly. This "leak" wasn't bad... but it wasn't great, either.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace

InfiniteGTX:
It actually is. I was super confused at first, thinking it was a modern-day joke account created to mock me, but that's actually my account from back in 2008. I was able to find out which email I used, change my password, and log back in. So, yes, that's me.

Those blog posts weren't messages to the forums, though. I was actually keeping track of various rumors for my own sake. (I was very into these things back then. I was super, super excited for Brawl and wanted to show my high-school friends all the cool, new, leaked information I was learning.) I removed the blog posts to avoid further confusion.

If anyone's interested, they were false rumors about Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

D

Deleted member

.....so he admits they were false rumors and tries to cover them up.....

.....and expects for people to believe him now?
But since people are usually blissfully unaware about things like that (and I'm not meaning offense by that; I was that way too), it really isn't surprising if he expects that.

Groose

Smash Champion

But since people are usually blissfully unaware about things like that (and I'm not meaning offense by that; I was that way too), it really isn't surprising if he expects that.
Such a pity. He chose to use an existing account because it would give him more credibility than creating a new account. Sadly, it also drove the nail into his coffin. Irony... such bitter irony. He's my opposite in many ways.​
The guy whose credibility is now on the line has said the following:​
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.​
2) Series themed Break the Targets.​
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.​
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik​
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.​
6) Dixie Kong is playable.​
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.​
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.​

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Such a pity. He chose to use an existing account because it would give him more credibility than creating a new account. Sadly, it also drove the nail into his coffin. Irony... such bitter irony. He's my opposite in many ways.​
The guy whose credibility is now on the line has said the following:​
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.​
2) Series themed Break the Targets.​
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.​
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik​
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.​
6) Dixie Kong is playable.​
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.​
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.​
Reminder could be fake the only one that helps all of these rumors is this week or the next week if the next character revealed is a pokemon rep

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Parasol

Smash Cadet

He's saying that those blog posts were copies of various forum rumors that he kept for his own use and to share with friends. I guess that makes sense, as they were blog posts rather than forum posts. I find it more believable how he owned up to the account rather than acting like the other guy: "That's not me. Just an identical name. Created on the same day."

He's still a fraud, though. His firsts two posts are way, way, way too vague and Nostradamus-esque. Just sayin' you're reading that part wrong.

By the way, OP, why did you post the other leaker in this thread, anyway? It's like you knew that the first leaker would make comments on it sooner or later. Why hasn't InfiniteGTX commented on any of the other numerous rumor threads on FAQs? Could it be...?! Conspiracy! legasp

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Why do I feel like the only one who doesn't want Mii as a playable character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why do I feel like the only one who doesn't want Mii as a playable character.
Yeah, just you, me and the majority of the forum :p

Mii is for the most part a pretty despised idea around these parts.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Did anyone follow up on the guy who correctly guessed the newcomers revealed at E3?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did anyone follow up on the guy who correctly guessed the newcomers revealed at E3?
He didn't guess them himselves. He owns a news blog, and he got a reader's mail from an anonymous guy who claimed that Villager, Mega Man, WFT, Little Mac, Mii and Pac-Man were in, however, due to the reader not having a reliable source he just posted as a guess for fun on NeoGAF instead of posting it on his news blog.

Dont talk about Mii's or we are not friends no more.
Sorry, but sacrifices must be made to make people realize the horror of the Miis. It's my mission.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He didn't guess them himselves. He owns a news blog, and he got a reader's mail from an anonymous guy who claimed that Villager, Mega Man, WFT, Little Mac, Mii and Pac-Man were in, however, due to the reader not having a reliable source he just posted as a guess for fun on NeoGAF instead of posting it on his news blog.

Sorry, but sacrifices must be made to make people realize the horror of the Miis. It's my mission.
PeePz should already know what the horrors hold without demonstration its not hard.....

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah....these rumors are pretty fake.

The only reason the Ice Climbers are paired together is because they are essentially one character and NEED each other.

Chrom and Lucina are two completely different characters, with two completely different personalities and fan bases. There is no way in hell Sakurai is going to stick them on one trophy together.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Quick Question:
There has been a N Direct announced for Tommorrow reguarding 3DS & WiiU Games.

Is it just the dedicated Wonderful 101 Direct......or is it a new direct?

It did say upcoming games....the article is ob WiiU Daily.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Quick Question:
There has been a N Direct announced for Tommorrow reguarding 3DS & WiiU Games.

Is it just the dedicated Wonderful 101 Direct......or is it a new direct?

It did say upcoming games....the article is ob WiiU Daily.
It's only for games that come out this year, so don't expect anything Smash Bros related. I think it'd be a timely moment to announce a newcomer, but seems like Sakurai and Nintendo likes to keep us waiting.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's only for games that come out this year, so don't expect anything Smash Bros related. I think it'd be a timely moment to announce a newcomer, but seems like Sakurai and Nintendo likes to keep us waiting.
Hmmmmm.....yh pretty much a E3 short recap....
But they always save something remotely good at the end of the directs..u never know...

Ugh...seriously..just scrap the 8GB and bring the 32GB price down £30-50 pounds.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
He's saying that those blog posts were copies of various forum rumors that he kept for his own use and to share with friends. I guess that makes sense, as they were blog posts rather than forum posts. I find it more believable how he owned up to the account rather than acting like the other guy: "That's not me. Just an identical name. Created on the same day."

He's still a fraud, though. His firsts two posts are way, way, way too vague and Nostradamus-esque. Just sayin' you're reading that part wrong.

By the way, OP, why did you post the other leaker in this thread, anyway? It's like you knew that the first leaker would make comments on it sooner or later. Why hasn't InfiniteGTX commented on any of the other numerous rumor threads on FAQs? Could it be...?! Conspiracy! legasp

Haha, well I was thinking of creating another thread but decided to keep it in the same thread, I had no idea the first guy was going to comment on it. I'm not InfiniteGTX ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't care if this is fake or not I want a rumor about ROB
Really? It is so funny. My friend works at Nintendo (I can't say who or he would lose his job... not that he deserves it for violating an NDA or anything like that). He confirmed that ROB will be in the game. He is going to be revealed in December, right before Christmas! They already finalized his moves! Guess what? More Lasers!

Btw... this isn't 100% confirmed or anything. You can believe me if you want. It doesn't really matter... I know the truth. If you want proof? The next reveal will be a Kid Icarus Rep!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope the Mii rumor is not true.

PLEASE DONT BE TRUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom