• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
I've compiled the following list of all of the leakers known to me. Feel free to continue to update it or add it to the OP. I think it's a nifty little summary.

1) Neogaf E3 Leaker
Claims: Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Animal Crossing Guy, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
Credibility: Obviously, this takes a hit in that we only saw three E3 characters. He also didn't refer to Villager by his canon name. Still... he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.
Other: Interestingly enough, he's only made that one leak. He isn't like the others in that he hasn't made any other claims.

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.
2) Series themed Break the Targets.
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.
6) Dixie Kong is playable.
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.

Credibilty: Pre-Brawl, the same fellow leaked playable Krystal, decloned Ganondorf, and Poltergust Luigi.
Other: He deleted all of his pre-Brawl "leaks" as soon as they were discovered and claims that he has a new source now.

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
1. Dixie is the only forbiddenseven character planned.
2. Yellow Devil is a stage hazard only.
3. Mac is in and was nearly an E3 reveal. King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
4. Slight character customization is available. For example, Fox's blaster may change speeds and power.
5. Adventure Mode between Melee and Brawl.
6. Bosses are chosen with respect to playable characters---no Jr. because Bowser wouldn't fight him.
7. Mewtwo on the shortlist---near definite return.
8. No DLC of any sort.
9. King K. Rool is low-priority. He doesn't add much uniqueness is the reason.
10. Duck Hunt Dog is a playable character
11. No Ridley. No Jigglypuff. No Snake.
12. Paper Mario is in.

Credibility: He had previously revealed that Wii Sports U was a pack-in title for the Wii U and that Pikmin 3 would be called Pikmin Universe.
Other: His threads have since been deleted. Whether or not he has admitted that it was false is currently unknown to me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't think that there are many rumors to create around R.O.B, considering he's more or less expected to appear in the new game. Don't you worry about him.
Question is can Retro chars be scrapped? Or they super glued into Smash like they are with History?

Because if you think about it we hsve alot now expecially if they add 1 or 2 more they have cemented there own group in Smash

IC
G&W
R.O.B
????
????

Its one of the things i have been thinking about quite the thing to specuale on....do you know what i mean?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Question is can Retro chars be scrapped? Or they super glued into Smash like they are with History?

Because if you think about it we hsve alot now expecially if they add 1 or 2 more they have cemented there own group in Smash

IC
G&W
R.O.B
????
????

Its one of the things i have been thinking about quite the thing to specuale on....do you know what i mean?
I think that ICs, G&W and R.O.B are at least safe, not necessarily because they're retro characters, but because they're unique and well received characters that are a great part of Nintendo's history.

Not a single series has been cut from Smash Bros entirely thus far either. I'm not sure whether that's an indication of anything, but it helps the retro-cause since they're all from independant single character series.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I aint gonna lie i would be very upset if G&W left...you know those chars that you either dont play as at all or rarely play as but when ever you see em it puts a smile on your face and when you see em on the roster screen it makes you smile your happy that they are in.

I feel this way about Sonic but mainly G&W & JigglyP.

G&W is jokes i love him.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I've compiled the following list of all of the leakers known to me. Feel free to continue to update it or add it to the OP. I think it's a nifty little summary.

1) Neogaf E3 Leaker
Claims: Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Animal Crossing Guy, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
Credibility: Obviously, this takes a hit in that we only saw three E3 characters. He also didn't refer to Villager by his canon name. Still... he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.
Other: Interestingly enough, he's only made that one leak. He isn't like the others in that he hasn't made any other claims.

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.

Credibilty: Pre-Brawl, the same fellow leaked playable Krystal, decloned Ganondorf, and Poltergust Luigi.
Other: He deleted all of his pre-Brawl "leaks" as soon as they were discovered and claims that he has a new source now.

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
4. Slight character customization is available. For example, Fox's blaster may change speeds and power.
6. Bosses are chosen with respect to playable characters---no Jr. because Bowser wouldn't fight him.
8. No DLC of any sort.
12. Paper Mario is in.

Credibility: He had previously revealed that Wii Sports U was a pack-in title for the Wii U and that Pikmin 3 would be called Pikmin Universe.
Other: His threads have since been deleted. Whether or not he has admitted that it was false is currently unknown to me.

Great idea, I'm going to include it in the OP excluding the credibility part since that's subjective

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I aint gonna lie i would be very upset if G&W left...you know those chars that you either dont play as at all or rarely play as but when ever you see em it puts a smile on your face and when you see em on the roster screen it makes you smile your happy that they are in.

I feel this way about Sonic but mainly G&W & JigglyP.

G&W is jokes i love him.
Yeah, I absolutely despise playing G&W and R.O.B, but I think both of their inclusions added something great to the roster each. I also felt this way about Mewtwo in Melee and about Sonic in Brawl, I can't play them at all, but they're still great inclusions. The biggest one in this department would be Dedede though, I think he's one of the most deserving and one of the best character choices on the roster, I was absolutely overjoyed by his reveal on the Dojo, but he's my worst character by a long stretch.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont even play Kirby but i agree he was deserving and is a great char defentely unique also lmfaooo the big gay dance has to return RealTalk.

Screenshot_2013-08-06-18-50-13.png

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He'll no on the part of only one forbidden seven member planned 2 characters are better

Mewtwo and Dixie and I'm not worried about rob I'm just wondering if there were any rumors about him for the next one

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Really? It is so funny. My friend works at Nintendo (I can't say who or he would lose his job... not that he deserves it for violating an NDA or anything like that). He confirmed that ROB will be in the game. He is going to be revealed in December, right before Christmas! They already finalized his moves! Guess what? More Lasers!

Btw... this isn't 100% confirmed or anything. You can believe me if you want. It doesn't really matter... I know the truth. If you want proof? The next reveal will be a Kid Icarus Rep!
Really that's good news if your friend really does work for nintendo

Add that to the rumor sheet ROB will be revealed a few days before christmas

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not Really..... We could get a char reveal on Friday or Monday.
Yep your right no new character today but maybe Friday or monday

But good news about picture of the day clearly olimar has Ben resized he's taller than kirby witch hints Ridley because Ridley can be resize

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Groose compiled the following list. I'm going to color green the things that have been proven true and red the false leaks.

1) Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker
Claims:
  • Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, "Animal Crossing Guy", Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
His leak is half-correct since the Villager, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer were shown at E3 2013.

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:
1st Post:
  • Little Mac will be a playable character
  • Break the Targets courses divided per franchise
  • Home-Run contest, Event Matches and Adventure Mode will return
  • Home-Run contest and Event Matches will stay relatively the same
  • Adventure Mode will lean closer to Melee's version
  • Adventure Mode will have a much heavier character involvement than Melee's
  • Adventure Mode will be more important on the 3DS
2nd Post:

• The dev team is working on Mewtwo
  • Psystrike will probably be Mewtwo's final smash
  • Mewtwo can change to his Awakened form during battle
  • Changing modes will alter Mewtwo's speed, weight, mobility and damage
  • Lucario will probably return
  • A Pokémon rep will be the next character update on the Smash Bros. website
3rd Post:

• Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the DK franchise
  • Dixie won't be paired with Diddy nor she will be a clone, she's a unique character
  • Dixie has a floating mechanic similar to Peach's
  • King K. Rool will be a boss in Adventure Mode
  • K. Rool will be encountered multiple times as his various personalities
  • K. Rool is treated as a "less serious boss"
  • Fire Emblem will have 3 character slots: Marth, Ike and the duo Chrom & Lucina
  • Chrom and Lucina have the most unique moveset out of any
  • Their specials will include each other but they have separate specials and a separate final smash
  • Roy won't be returning
  • Ice Climbers will stay
  • Board the Platforms will return and will be divided per franchise as Break the Targets
  • Stage Builder will return with huge upgrades, now you can edit the Z-plane
Notes: InfiniteGTX had an account on some forums with the same username where he created various blogs with pre-Brawl 2008 fake leaks. Among some other false things the leaks said that Krystal was going to be playable in Brawl and that Ganondorf will use his sword on his moveset. InfiniteGTX himself has confirmed that it is indeed his account but he said they were just blogs he saved from various popular rumors at the time to keep track of their validity.

This is an old GameFAQs account which I reactivated today. I don't believe I've posted often around here, but I want to clarify that I didn't just create this account all willy-nilly. I am close friends with a developer in Namco Bandai, the team which is helping develop the new Super Smash Bros. game to be released on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U next year. Super Smash Bros. has always held a special place in my heart for nostalgic reasons, so I made an effort to pry some information. Unfortunately, I don't have very much on characters, but what I was able to find out, I will share. Do not expect any form of validation or proof from my end, as that will put my friend's career at considerable risk.

I approached by asking if the wide-spread rumor regarding Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man was true; despite my repeated asking, he was only able to tell me that Little Mac is a definite playable character. He kept laughing and sighing when I asked about the other two. (This wasn't an in-person conversation, so I wasn't able to infer any non-verbal hints or clues.) Sorry, but I don't have any more on characters than that. I do, however, have a bit about some single player modes: Break the Targets will be making a comeback, and it will be handled in a compromised fashion to that of Brawl's style and its predecessors. What I mean by this is that the level designs will be broken up by franchise, and each character within that franchise will share that stage. He gave me the following example: "For instance, the Super Mario Bros. series might have a stage based on the Mushroom Kingdom, and both he and Bowser would share that stage." I asked him about characters who were stand-alone representatives for their games, and his only response was that he "couldn't say". I also asked if these stages would have varying levels of difficulty like in Brawl, to which he said, "At this point, there is only one difficulty setting."

Home-Run Contest, Event Matches, and Adventure Mode will also be returning. He had little to say about the first two (they will stay relatively the same as in previous installments), and he could not share much on Adventure Mode other than it leans closer to the style of Melee's version. Part of the reason he couldn't elaborate much on Adventure Mode--disregarding an obvious need for subtlety--is because the roster is "still being tweaked", implying much heavier character involvement as far as the story goes. Also, Adventure Mode will hold more importance on the 3DS version than on the home console. Not too sure what that entails, but I did get confirmation that it can still be accessed on both versions.

That's pretty much all the information I have. I don't have any confirmation on veteran characters, even the obvious ones. I asked him, "Why didn't they show Yoshi in the reveal trailer?" to which he only said, "I wonder!" Please keep in mind that my friend isn't exactly a high-up in the development team, but he's definitely in a position to where he'd be in the know. That said--judging from his tone of voice and scrupulous phrasing--I'd say there's still quite some bit that is unknown even to him. Take from that what you will. (I won't be making any replies, because I know how hectic topics like this can get. I'll post sometime later if I learn more, although that probably won't be for quite some time, if at all.)

19 July 2013

Previously, I made a post on this board containing some new information I learned from a close friend in the know: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66540992. (I am posting this here as to make it easier on you fellas to keep track of what's been said.) I promised that any new information I get I would share with you guys. Although I don't expect to be consistently fed information, as my friend and I rarely keep in touch, I managed to arrange a Skype call with him today, and I have some news.

Apparently the development team was just very recently given the go to start work on Mewtwo. Concept designs involve both his original and Awakened forms, the latter of which not being set as his Final Smash, contrary to popular speculation. (Right now, they are throwing around the idea of Psystrike being his Final Smash--a single-targeting attack.) Changing forms will not alter his moveset but rather his speed, weight, mobility, and damage. This concept is not finalized, as the development team is still seeking approval/counsel from GameFreak.

My friend finished our discussion on Mewtwo by saying, "His inclusion has nothing to do with Lucariobeing a playable character." I took that to mean thatLucario will be a returning character, despite both his and Mewtwo's neutral specials being the same. In hindsight, I probably should have nudged for some definite in-or-out clarification, but from the way things sound, Lucario will most likely stay for the new game.

Considering all of this, I asked if he could help me try and prove my credibility to you fellas. I thought a good way to do this would be for him to tell me the upcoming Miiverse photo to be revealed by Sakurai, but he said that Sakurai usually takes the photos the night before or the morning of, and so it usually cannot be predicted. Character updates, however, are all planned ahead of time: he said that a Pokemon representative would be the next character update on the Smash Bros. website. For some reason, he wouldn't tell me who, which leads me to believe that it is neither Lucario nor Mewtwo who will be the upcoming reveal. "Just wait and see!"

That's all that I have for the time being. As I mentioned beforehand, I'm not expecting to learn more on a frequent basis, but whenever I do manage to get a slice of information here and there, I will be sure to post. Like before, I will not be making any replies, because I know how posts like this are viewed in these kinds of communities.

4 August 2013
New information, new thread. To keep track of what's been said already, please read the previous two topics I've made on this board (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66776281). It just so happens that the day I come to make a new post, GameFAQs is having a field day with trolls and supposed prophets. Because of that, maybe this isn't the best time to make a thread, but I'll be driving to Washington for a week tomorrow evening, so I figured I'd just get this out of the way.

I'm going to make this cut and dry, for the most part. I'd like to preface by stating clearly that I don't know everything about the game. I get my information from casual conversations with a friend, and that's it. I'm saying this because I've been getting private messages requesting I "make a nudge for [X] as a playable character" and asking I spill the details on certain franchise representation. Absolutely everything that I know up until this point is shared in my threads. (That's part of the reason I won't be making replies--I quite seriously have no additional information to provide.) That said, let's cut to the chase.

Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the Donkey Kong franchise. She is not paired with Diddy Kong--nor is she a clone of him--but is her own, unique character. She has a jump mechanic similar to Peach's in that holding the jump button will cause her hair to twirl and will provide gradual vertical progression for a short time. From there you can keep holding the jump button to stall your fall time as you twirl. K. Rool is also in the game, but as a boss character. After being defeated the first time as King K. Rool, he returns a couple more times in Adventure mode as Kaptain K. Rool and then Baron K. Roolenstein. Despite how I feel about it, apparently he is treated as a less serious boss.

Fire Emblem will have not one, not two, but three individual character slots: Marth, Ike, and Chrom & Lucina. "There were less cuts than you think," is what I was told after hearing this. Regarding the latter, I was told that their moveset is "most unique out of any". Every time you use any one of your specials, that character will call upon the other, and the two will execute a simple combo; after the animation is done, the original character pulls back, and the supporter takes the reins. They both have their own separate set of standard moves, and they both have their own separate Final Smash. To clarify, their special moves are different from each other, but both will include the other in some way before switching them in. Further regarding the Fire Emblem franchise, I can--unfortunately--confirm that Roy will not be returning from Melee.

Now, I'm a big lurker, and I've also been reading the forums daily as the DOJO updates to see how the community responds. I noticed that a lot of you are concerned that Ice Climbers may be cut due to the expressed hardware limitations of the 3DS. Firstly, I'll just confirm for you that they're in. Secondly, I'd like to ease your mind with your concerns of the 3DS. The hardware isn't as limited as some people are making it out to be, and it has not had quite the dramatic effect on characters as some people are imagining. From what I've been told, the real and only true problem with the 3DS regarding characters is its small screens. Ice Climbers and Olimar, especially, have been tricky to handle due to how scrambled things appear on the screen with multiples of those characters. The game is still turning out fantastically, and any sort of character reduction will be mostly aesthetic.

Board the Platforms is returning, and precisely like how they've handled Break the Targets this time around, the levels will be divided per franchise. Stage Builderreturns from Brawl, too, with huge upgrades. You can now apparently place tiles in the Z-plane, not just the X- and Y-planes. There are three layers to the former plane, the furthest and nearest being purely anesthetic placements. These two layers will have their own set of tiles to choose from. The background can be changed, the tiles come in many different textures and shades, and the editor in a whole is "just a huge improvement all around." I'm still trying to learn more about other modes and features. That's all I have for the time being. If there's anything you'd like me to find out about, post about it in a reply and I'll try to bring it up next time I catch a conversation with my friend. See you around the boards.

Oh right, I almost forgot. Ridl--​

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
1st Post:
  • Dixie Kong would've been a Diddy Kong clone in Brawl
  • Toon Zelda and Tetra would've been a Zelda and Sheik clone in Brawl
  • Plusle and Minun would've been Ice Climbers clones in Brawl with electric-based attacks
  • The only character from the "Forbidden 7" that's been worked on is Dixie Kong
  • He bets she will be revealed during the release of DKC: Tropical Freeze (November 2013)
  • Yellow Devil will be a stage hazard on Dr. Wily's castle
  • Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between the creator of Wii Fit and Sakurai
  • Villager was requested to be the first character revealed at E3 in promotion of AC: New Leaf
  • The dev team wanted to reveal first Little Mac to showcase the game's speed
  • Little Mac's playstyle is very quick
  • The boxing ring stage is Little Mac's home stage
  • King Hippo from Punch-Out!! will be an assist trophy
  • The 3DS and Wii U versions will feature different assist trophies
  • There will be move customization where you can edit skills at the expense of other moves
  • The story mode will be halfway between Melee's mode and Brawl's Subspace Emissary
  • Each character does the same Adventure Mode
  • Bosses will return, Medusa from Kid Icarus will be a Boss
  • The game won't include any major DLC such as new characters and stages
  • There's a small chance Mewtwo won't make it into the game
2nd Post

• The roster is going to be around 40 characters not counting transformations unless they delay the game
  • There are veterans that have low priority on the character list and popular characters that aren't even included
  • People will be disappointed
3rd Post

• Ridley won't be playable again, too tough to balance, not even included in the initial list
  • King K. Rool is low priority among the newcomers, doesn't add anything unique
  • Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt) will be playable, you can't actually see the Hunter, he will attack with the zapper from the 4th wall
  • Paper Mario will be playable
  • Snake will be cut
  • Jigglypuff will be cut too
Notes: There was a guy on the IGN boards with the username that said the Wii U will come packed with Wii Sports U and Pikmin will be titled Pikmin: Universe HD, among other false stuff. This guy had the same username as this leaker (WiiLuvU) and registered the same day 1 year apart the GameFAQs guy did. WiiLuvU has said the they are not the same person. Additionaly, InfiniteGTX (another leaker), has said WiiLuvU is a false leaker.

You know, I've kept pretty quiet while waiting for this game. And honestly it's getting boring.

Where are the leaks? Where are the prophets? The trolls?

Even if they didn't turn out to be true, there were TONS during Brawl and it was always interesting to see who was right and who was wrong. It was especially fun for me because I knew a couple of things about the game and saw people who were blatantly lying. I didn't know everything though, and it was cool to see who was right and who was wrong.

Well. I'm in a position where I know a few things. And I'm thinking it's time I shook things up a bit. So, hey. It's my first day here. How's it going? Consider me the first real "leak" of Smash 4, commenting on some of the speculation I've seen. I'm totally a prophet. Totally a leaker. Here's what I know that they haven't told you yet about Smash Wii U/3DS:

First, there were absolutely plans to include the 'Forbidden Seven' in Brawl; however, they would have all ended up being clones with the exception of the Melee veterans. Under pressure from Nintendo, the team decided to include Sonic as opposed to including more characters around September/October 2007. Dixie Kong would have been a Diddy clone, Toon Zelda/Tetra a Zelda/Sheik clone, and Plusle/Minun an Ice Climbers clone. Wolf was originally part of this collective, but he was far along enough so that he was included anyways.

As far as I am aware, the only one of the above that will be appearing in Smash 4 as a playable character is Dixie Kong. I would bet money that she'll be revealed around the release of Tropical Freeze.

Yellow Devil in the Mega Man stage is actually one of the stage obstacles. He's not a boss, nor is he part of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer started as a joke between Hiroshi Matsunaga, Wii Fit creator, and Sakurai, discussing what it would be like if the next Smash Bros. was played using a Balance Board. That's how he got the idea of the trainer being a character.

Villager was requested to be the first character revealed at E3 in promotion of the new Animal Crossing. However, the team wanted to reveal another character first instead--Little Mac--to showcase the faster speed of the game. Little Mac's play style is very quick, focusing on many hits in short-range combat with few truly 'powerful' moves. He would have fit very well in Melee.

The boxing ring stage is--as you would have guessed--Little Mac's 'home stage.' King Hippo will also be an Assist Trophy. By the way, similarly to the stages, the 3DS and the Wii U versions will feature some different Assist Trophies.

On character customization: move sets. The moves stay fundamentally the same, but with different tweaks similarly to how Ness and Lucas had the same moves but with different styles of play. These moves do not vary in power, but add different advantages. Fox's laser blaster is a good example: you can make his blaster fire more quickly, in different directions, longer, etc., but at the expense of other skills.

On story mode: think halfway between Melee's Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary: each character does the same Adventure Mode. Bosses return, but one of the challenges has been picking bosses that each character would be okay with battling. In that vein, Medusa is a boss, but count out Bowser Jr as a boss since Bowser would never fight against him.

On DLC: the game will not include any major DLC content such as new characters or stages. The team intends to put out the game as close to finished as possible.

Finally, on Mewtwo: Mewtwo's on the short list. The way the roster works is they make an unrealistically long list of characters, then prioritize the ones they want in. The runoff usually make the next installment. For example, had there not been clones in Melee, Dedede would have been in. Mewtwo ranks pretty well, but there's still a small chance he won't make it.

That's all I got. (Raises shield)

Anyways, sorry, I was, as someone said, at dinner. I'm allowed to eat...does anyone want a picture of my dinner to confirm? :D

I'll comment on some other stuff--I know nothing about the website, so I can't tell you what's going to be revealed when. Also, you really want characters? I'd be careful. I can tell that they're not going for popularity/requests and more going for game balance.

I'll give you that crazy weird detail you wanted, but you're not going to like it...didn't want to share for a reason...

The roster is probably only going to be around 40 characters not counting transformations, maybe 1 or 2 more than that. I say this because it's not 100% who's made the cut and who hasn't yet--it all depends on how many are in before a hard deadline (unless they delay the game.) And there ARE some veterans who are pretty low priority. There are also a lot of characters that have strong followings that aren't even on the roster list, but I don't want to ruin anyone's good time this early before the game is released. People WILL be disappointed--it's a lot like how Sakurai said they're trying to keep as many veterans as they can but they just can't promise all of them.

So I can give characters, but you're not going to like it.

As for Plusle + Minun as Ice Climbers clones, I mean that in the sense that they had a very similar moveset, which could still be done without hammers. They were very light, some moves more powerful, others less powerful, and very fast. Any stunning moves were now electric-based and caused damage within their radius of attack. Think Pichu but actually usable and unable to damage itself.

Okay...at your own risk...

No Ridley again. Too tough to balance, not even listed.
K. Rool is pretty low priority. Doesn't add much unique.
Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt,) Paper Mario are in.
Snake is out. So is Jigglypuff.

InfiniteGTX's post about WiiLuvU

K. Rool is in the game as a boss character. The whole "low priority" side comment shows he's not aware how the character has already been used. To be honest, I actually logged on today to make another post, cause I've learned some new stuff. But when I logged on I saw all these leak threads and joke threads attributing them, and so I got kind of discouraged. When I read this guy's post, some parts of what he said were truth, which intrigued me. And to be completely honest, there's a lot about the game I don't know, so if I could validate his claims, then I could use him to fill some gaps in my own knowledge. That's what I was thinking.

I'll post later when things have simmered down on FAQs. Although I don't respond in my own threads, I do read every reply, and it's tiring to read the mockery. Seeing as there's several joke threads on "prophets" on the front page at this very moment, I think it's best I wait until tomorrow to post, or something.

Anyway, this guy's false. I'm not even going to comment on the "Dog & Hunter" thing.
Jigglypuff is one of the original 12. If they remove any of the original 12 that is going to piss people off.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Jigglypuff is one of the original 12. If they remove any of the original 12 that is going to piss people off.
Omg that makes 2 of use I use jiggly puff as a punching bag sometimes but not all of the time

And I think the incorrect thing so far is only 1 forbidden 7 member being made and that's Dixie kong whats mewtwo chopped liver unless he's a veteran and not a forbidden 7 memeber

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Omg that makes 2 of use I use jiggly puff as a punching bag sometimes but not all of the time

And I think the incorrect thing so far is only 1 forbidden 7 member being made and that's Dixie kong whats mewtwo chopped liver unless he's a veteran and not a forbidden 7 memeber
The original 12 should be a top priority to get in the game and balancing. I want to combo into Falcon's manly knee again.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

1) Neogaf E3 Leaker

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
8. No DLC of any sort.
12. Paper Mario is in.

Why do I feel like all these are ridiculous? Especially the not neogaf one?

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I think I can now say that InfiniteGTX's source has been discredited since Luigi will the next character update, not a Pokemon character.

edit: Ninja'd for the first time ^_^

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
This leak is debunked simply because Luigi just became the next CHARACTER UPDATE on the site. Not because he was announced next.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Really? It is so funny. My friend works at Nintendo (I can't say who or he would lose his job... not that he deserves it for violating an NDA or anything like that). He confirmed that ROB will be in the game. He is going to be revealed in December, right before Christmas! They already finalized his moves! Guess what? More Lasers!

Btw... this isn't 100% confirmed or anything. You can believe me if you want. It doesn't really matter... I know the truth. If you want proof? The next reveal will be a Kid Icarus Rep!
with luigi confirmed that helps this rumor the morbidaltruism mystery friend who works at Nintendo gave him
because luigi is probably going to be unlockable in wii u because in all 3 he has ben unlockable so despite being an unlockable character hes going to reveal all characters in random order

and for those playing at home the rumor is R.O.B will be confirmed in December not 100% though

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uhhh.... I think MorbidAltruism was being sarcastic when he made his "leak".

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was joking. XD
However, just because a character has been in since the first installment does not mean that character is safe from the "drop list".
Definitely not, but it does boost its chances, sure it doesn't become absolutely safe, but being a long time veteran does boost its chances. Jigglypuff has the new Fairy-type going for it, I'm betting that Jiggly will be revealed in October for X & Y's reveal if Mewtwo is an unlockable again.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Definitely not, but it does boost its chances, sure it doesn't become absolutely safe, but being a long time veteran does boost its chances. Jigglypuff has the new Fairy-type going for it, I'm betting that Jiggly will be revealed in October for X & Y's reveal if Mewtwo is an unlockable again.
That's what I was thinking. Its not like Jiggly is so "flashy" like Olimar or Ice Climbers that they have problems porting Jiggly onto the 3DS.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's going to be Mewtwo in his new X and Y form. There hasn't been a newcomer since E3, they're due to announce one next.
I think he will start in his normal form and then reveal the new one during the trailer I mean mewtwo kind of sticks with his normal form according to some watching on a YouTube video called mewtwo prologue

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm kinda expecting the Infinite guy to try to cover this up.

And some people will gullible enough to fall for it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm kinda expecting the Infinite guy to try to cover this up.

And some people will gullible enough to fall for it.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't try to cover it up, as of yet he's pulled many of the moves in the generic leaker's code, he just needs to make the final step in order to graduate now.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
  • Dixie Kong would've been a Diddy Kong clone in Brawl
  • The only character from the "Forbidden 7" that's been worked on is Dixie Kong
  • King K. Rool is low priority among the newcomers, doesn't add anything unique

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
ANother GFaqs "Leak"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66925944

Hey guys,

I'm a journalist who writes articles for a gaming website . As Super Smash Bros. nears closer and closer to its completion, we've been receiving more and more emails from various senders who claim to know this and claim to know that. For the most part, we tend to just ignore these types of letters, but one in particular has caught our eye. The sender challenged his validity by asking us to wait for two new reveals on our website: Olimar and Luigi. He nailed the reveal of Olimar to the day and mentioned that Luigi would be revealed in an upcoming Nintendo Direct. When I woke up this morning, I instantly thought of this supposed leaker.

Keep in mind, this is in no way definite, and two accurate guesses doesn't prove much of anything. It's for that very reason that I'm posting this on a disguised account on GameFAQs rather than writing an article on our website. (We go over our articles together, and we agreed it's best not to highlight this for now as caution in saving face.) Please take it with a grain of salt, and have fun with it. Here's the letter we received on July 7, 2013:

i got some info for you guys. i'm not working on the game or some sh*t, nor is my uncle sakurai or iwata or what have you. there's some stuff i know and that's that. how can you believe me? well in five days exactly on friday olimar is going to be shown on the smash bros. website in order to promote pikmin 3. it'll be that same very day. later in the summer luigi is going to be revealed in a nintendo direct proclaiming it's year of the luigi. when time has shown that i have some credibility you can come back to this email i suppose. i know the entire roster. i don't know any stages or game modes or sh*t like that cause i don't really care

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Mii
Random

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Ness
Lucas

Link
Zelda/Sheik

Ganondorf
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Chrom/Lucina
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Little Mac
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac-Man

it's in that exact order on the character roster, each section being a new row. there may be some wild claims in there, well whatever. maybe you'll pay attention to this sometime down the road. have fun with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom