• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just for fun I decided to mix up the recent "leak" as a roster since he indicated the placement of all the characters and so on.

The placement of Mii and Random is pretty fishy if you ask me.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just for fun I decided to mix up the recent "leak" as a roster since he indicated the placement of all the characters and so on.

That looks pretty realistic too me but its not even close to release date and we can get another unexpected character like maybe the duck hunt dog (I don't want this character by the way) because of request and get in the same way as R.O.B get in (retro unique and this last one not rob got in but so the dog can final get a beating after all of these years of his Kerky laugh) so for this rumor to be false even 1 character that gets announce not on that roster it's false

Ps the second rumor about mewtwo its double false it's new form it's a mega evolution and its only active during battle and the mega form increases power so if mewtwo is confirmed his new form is going to be his final smash look up pokemon mega evolutions you will see what I mean

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeeeeaaahhh. No.

The roster hasn't been finalized yet, they're trying to implement as many characters as possibly currently, so since the roster hasn't been finalized it'd be impossible to "leak" the full roster by now. Just some guy who wants to cause commotion by setting up a big scene with a story behind it, claiming he's from a gaming website. It's still scarily close to my prediction roster though, and I wouldn't mind it if that'd be the roster (it has Ridley, so of course I'd be satisfied), even though I'd be bummed with the exclusion of K. Rool.

Still, I appreciate all the rumors and "leaks" shared, they're always interesting to read, so I'm not trying to sound ungrateful.
Do you mean the roster has been chosem but they havent created them all yet? Right? Because Sakurai said the roster is finalized.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That looks pretty realistic too me but its not even close to release date and we can get another unexpected character like maybe the duck hunt dog (I don't want this character by the way) because of request and get in the same way as R.O.B get in (retro unique and this last one not rob got in but so the dog can final get a beating after all of these years of his Kerky laugh) so for this rumor to be false even 1 character that gets announce not on that roster it's false

Ps the second rumor about mewtwo its double false it's new form it's a mega evolution and its only active during battle and the mega form increases power so if mewtwo is confirmed his new form is going to be his final smash look up pokemon mega evolutions you will see what I mean
Yeah, I've seen the Mega Evolutions, quite a shock to see more Pokémon than Mewtwo affected by it. Lucario has a Mega Evolution too, so I'm personally kind of expecting him now. But either way, yeah, Final Smashes and nothing more.

And yeah, not only haven't the roster been finalized as I pointed out earlier, they're currently working on getting in as many characters as possibly, trying to avoid cuts and all, but I HIGHLY doubt they'd even have the roster placements done by now. I'm not believing this, but it was fun setting up the roster image either way.

Do you mean the roster has been chosem but they havent created them all yet? Right? Because Sakurai said the roster is finalized.
They aren't taking anymore character requests, and all the characters they have plans on including are on the priority list currently. As of right now they're trying to get in as many characters as possibly, but what ones will be cut and all haven't been decided yet, as he himself says that no characters have been cut yet, but we should expect cuts either way. It heavily hints that they're doing it the Brawl way, just implementing as many characters as possible until the deadline has been reached, that's why we found files for Mewtwo, Dixie, Dr. Mario, Roy etc in the Brawl game files. I'm certain the deadline hasn't been reached yet.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Surely there is some sorta priority list of order of what chars get made before others right?

I mean leaving Ridley and Toon Link last and putting in Toon Link.....(0_*) !!!! WA DA FuQ !

I mean Newcomers take more time so would you assume they are made first?

Or keep the flow and add veterans first because its quicker and there for if theres not enough time to add sll the newcomers that they wanted he would never tell us who they were ever or untill the next smash is snnounced...badicly when no one gives a damn...

Errrr...i think its option #2 right?

I mean isnt that what Sakurai does?

Parasol

Smash Cadet
There's compelling reasoning which undeniably concludes that this new supposed roster is fake: Kirby isn't in the dead center of the roster. Check out the past few rosters and notice how Kirby is placed as close to the middle as possible. The way the slots are situated, I'd imagine Kirby would've been placed in either Meta Knight's spot or Marth's.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Huh. Just looking at it now, if that was the final roster I'd be disappointed.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
That roster set up is disgusting.

The roster seems likely though.

But Zelda only has 3 reps?
I'd be okay with replacing Krystal with a revamped Toon Link with Windwaker items in his arsenal.
Or at least find another place for the random slot. It's a wasted character selection spot.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what if the other 3 characters that the e3 leaked was meant to be next e3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's compelling reasoning which undeniably concludes that this new supposed roster is fake: Kirby isn't in the dead center of the roster. Check out the past few rosters and notice how Kirby is placed as close to the middle as possible. The way the slots are situated, I'd imagine Kirby would've been placed in either Meta Knight's spot or Marth's.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
Kirby is still near the center... just that it would look awkward if it was Meta Knight, then Kirby, then King Dedede... whereas all the other franchises with several characters start with the main character first, followed by supporting characters, then villains.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

The only thing I don't like about that roster is the fact that Zelda only has 3 reps. Other than that, I'd be content if that was the roster.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Why the hell would you be dissapointed in this roster? is it because it doesnt have 69 chars?.......

Because it's basically the Brawl roster, with a few characters slapped on there. Not enough new! And no, I'm fine with a 30-35 character roster, it's just these choices for characters are very underwhelming. When I look at this roster, no character jumps out to me like "Oh man I totally want to main as that one" or "Whoa no way! They have that guy in here?! Awesome!"

Also, it's extremely unrealistic. No new Mario rep and Zelda only has 3 characters? B*tch pleeasee...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Because it's basically the Brawl roster, with a few characters slapped on there. Not enough new! And no, I'm fine with a 30-35 character roster, it's just these choices for characters are very underwhelming. When I look at this roster, no character jumps out to me like "Oh man I totally want to main as that one" or "Whoa no way! They have that guy in here?! Awesome!"

Also, it's extremely unrealistic. No new Mario rep and Zelda only has 3 characters? B*tch pleeasee...
A Mario rep surely isn't given. I think there's a reason that there was even one cut off from Melee to Brawl. Sakurai has stated he's very careful about adding too many characters of one franchise, referring specifically to Mario iirc, I'll try and find the source if you'd like me to. I think the Mario series is complete, every other possibility is just a cherry on top. Just look at it, we have Bowser who kidnaps Peach, and Mario and Luigi goes to save her. The end, that's the majority of Mario games right there. Same for Zelda, I'm content with the Triforce trio, because it completes the series, an extra Link always just felt like extra material.

And don't expect too many new characters, else there'd have to be cuts to compensate, just like Toon Link, Snake, Wolf and Lucario were cut on this roster. I think the number of newcomers and the roster itself is pretty realistic (with the exception of Krystal replacing Wolf,) but I still don't believe that it's a legit leak.

My only quarrels with this roster is cutting Wolf for Krystal, cutting Snake, and Dixie getting in over K. Rool. Still, I'd be satisfied myself with Brawl's roster but just with Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man and Mewtwo on it, so I'm not super hard to please either way.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
A Mario rep surely isn't given. I think there's a reason that there was even one cut off from Melee to Brawl. Sakurai has stated he's very careful about adding too many characters of one franchise, referring specifically to Mario iirc, I'll try and find the source if you'd like me to. I think the Mario series is complete, every other possibility is just a cherry on top. Just look at it, we have Bowser who kidnaps Peach, and Mario and Luigi goes to save her. The end, that's the majority of Mario games right there. Same for Zelda, I'm content with the Triforce trio, because it completes the series, an extra Link always just felt like extra material.

And don't expect too many new characters, else there'd have to be cuts to compensate, just like Toon Link, Snake, Wolf and Lucario were cut on this roster. I think the number of newcomers and the roster itself is pretty realistic (with the exception of Krystal replacing Wolf,) but I still don't believe that it's a legit leak.

My only quarrels with this roster is cutting Wolf for Krystal, cutting Snake, and Dixie getting in over K. Rool. Still, I'd be satisfied myself with Brawl's roster but just with Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man and Mewtwo on it, so I'm not super hard to please either way.

No, I totally I agree with what you're saying (honestly I'm only really disappointed in this roster because Mario Sunshine is one of my all time favorite games and I want Bowser Jr as a character so badly hehe. For me personally, Bowser Jr and A Link Between Worlds/A Link to the Past Link is all that's missing.)

But yeah, it's totally fake anyway.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No, I totally I agree with what you're saying (honestly I'm only really disappointed in this roster because Mario Sunshine is one of my all time favorite games and I want Bowser Jr as a character so badly hehe. For me personally, Bowser Jr and A Link Between Worlds/A Link to the Past Link is all that's missing.)

But yeah, it's totally fake anyway.
I'm with you on Bowser Jr too (though my love for him comes from Galaxy,) would be a great addition. However, he's not too likely sadly, he feels like the kind of character who'd come in when we get the leftover characters from series. I don't know, maybe if DLC becomes a thing he'd be a very likely choice, but as of right now he's kind of on the edge sadly. He has become quite a big thing in the Mario universe lately though, it's usually him who kidnaps Peach these days, so it's not like he wouldn't have earned his spot either, but other series kind of need the representation more. I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Fox character cut for him though, but that's entirely subjective.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
I'm with you on Bowser Jr too (though my love for him comes from Galaxy,) would be a great addition. However, he's not too likely sadly, he feels like the kind of character who'd come in when we get the leftover characters from series. I don't know, maybe if DLC becomes a thing he'd be a very likely choice, but as of right now he's kind of on the edge sadly. He has become quite a big thing in the Mario universe lately though, it's usually him who kidnaps Peach these days, so it's not like he wouldn't have earned his spot either, but other series kind of need the representation more. I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Fox character cut for him though, but that's entirely subjective.

I agree. But I do think the Mario series is big enough for another rep. The most likely would be Paper Mario, I think. He has is own series within a series (series-ception?) and has starred in 4 games already that have all been great. Not to mention that he'd be incredibly easy to make a moveset for.

For me (personally, of course) I think the Star Fox series only needs 2 characters. Fox and Falco are enough to represent that series. As cool as it would be to see Krystal in the game, she wouldn't add the same kind of "WOW" factor that someone like King K. Rool or Ridley would. Also the fact that Star Fox got 3 reps and Metroid is still stuck with 1 (or 2 if you count ZSS) is ridiculous. That's just my opinion though, people may disagree.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

The absolute ONLY reason this roster seems fake to me, is because Dillon from his two Rolling Western games isn't on this list. Not because I want Dillon, but because he's the only totally new mascot-type Nintendo character. I remember Sakurai talking about how sad it seemed that the lineup shot in Brawl ended with Olimar, who was the last new Nintendo character (and he was already many years old when Brawl came out). Dillon is a classic kind of mascot, wholly Nintendo, with a very video game centric style. I don't believe Sakurai would resist adding him in, especially since they're making a 3DS version (and Dillon is popular on 3DS!).

I'd bet my boots that any roster without Dillon is fake.

Beyond that, I have a strong feeling that Maxwell will be in it. Nintendo and the Scribblenauts team have been very handsy. They've allowed freaking Mario into one of their games, my bet is that Maxwell will appear in this one

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The absolute ONLY reason this roster seems fake to me, is because Dillon from his two Rolling Western games isn't on this list. Not because I want Dillon, but because he's the only totally new mascot-type Nintendo character. I remember Sakurai talking about how sad it seemed that the lineup shot in Brawl ended with Olimar, who was the last new Nintendo character (and he was already many years old when Brawl came out). Dillon is a classic kind of mascot, wholly Nintendo, with a very video game centric style. I don't believe Sakurai would resist adding him in, especially since they're making a 3DS version (and Dillon is popular on 3DS!).

I'd bet my boots that any roster without Dillon is fake.

Beyond that, I have a strong feeling that Maxwell will be in it. Nintendo and the Scribblenauts team have been very handsy. They've allowed freaking Mario into one of their games, my bet is that Maxwell will appear in this one
Maxwell is 3rd party iirc, so he's pretty much out of question. 3rd Parties pretty much have to have a legendary status unless Kojima wants them in :p

As for Dillon, he's got a decent shot, but he's still nothing more than an eShop title, and he's no where a lock if you ask me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'm okay with this roster aside from the fact that it's kind of boring and predictable. There's really no curve balls and everyone here (aside from the Chrom/Lucina duo) is largely anticipated by a good chunk of the fans that actually follow Smash news. My only complaints would be the lack of Takamaru and maaaaaaaaaaybe K. Rool (as well as me seeing Pacman in Smash being as pleasant as a fart in the face) but beyond that I could live with this.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm okay with this roster aside from the fact that it's kind of boring and predictable. There's really no curve balls and everyone here (aside from the Chrom/Lucina duo) is largely anticipated by a good chunk of the fans that actually follow Smash news. My only complaints would be the lack of Takamaru and maaaaaaaaaaybe K. Rool (as well as me seeing Pacman in Smash being as pleasant as a fart in the face) but beyond that I could live with this.
I'm thinking that it's actually quite possible that Wii Fit Trainer is the only curveball character. I mean, sure Melee and Brawl had 2 curveball choices each being Ice Climbers + G&W, and Pkmn Trainer + R.O.B respectively. However, we're definitely not getting as many newcomers this time around, and it could be that Sakurai just dropped the ball early, leaving us with predictable choices. Though I do expect that Sakurai has something else planned, I'm just saying, that it's a possibility.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fatmanonice, that reminds me...Sakurai openly discussed trying to bring back old characters through Smash this game, and that because he's in this position, he's the luckiest man in the world. Unless he's counting Krystal or maybe classic Mega Man as old characters (both of whom sh*t all over "relevance," but aren't -that- old), the lack of a distinct retro character ought to render this leaked roster highly questionable, if not outright false for not having one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice, that reminds me...Sakurai openly discussed trying to bring back old characters through Smash this game, and that because he's in this position, he's the luckiest man in the world. Unless he's counting Krystal or maybe classic Mega Man as old characters (both of whom sh*t all over "relevance," but aren't -that- old), the lack of a distinct retro character ought to render this leaked roster highly questionable, if not outright false for not having one.
I agree. Even with the quirky aspects of Villager, WFT, and the inevitable Mii, it's widely apparent that Sakurai has a soft spot for retro characters and usually goes out of his way to make them the most unique characters in the game. It's more than evident that he put a lot of creative energy into Pit, ROB, GW, and the ICs and I don't see him losing his love of retro characters anytime soon.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Don't we already know that's false? I thought the way things played out confirmed that it was just someone taking stuff from other "leakers" and making stuff up.

Either way, it wouldn't be bad. The cuts would be Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, and Snake (ZSS being up in the air), and we get 11 newcomers. Those newcomers would be:

Dixie Kong
Ridley
Little Mac
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Chrom & Lucina
Krystal
Palutena
Mega Man
Pac-Man

That would be pretty good overall, and it would be about the amount of content we should expect. Krystal is the only character on there I find especially unlikely, but who knows? Brawl had 35 "slots"; this would be 43. Brawl had 4 "extra" characters in effect (Sheik, two extra Pokemon for PT, ZSS), and this preserves all of them (except maybe ZSS, not shown either way) so you would be looking at 47.

As per the retro character thing, I think Little Mac mostly qualifies. Sure he had Punch Out Wii, but mostly he's a retro guy. Villager has a Balloon Fight move, and we've already seen a SNES Pilotwings stage. Retro is getting plenty of love here.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
ZSS being up in the air
Zero Suit Samus is on the list, I just avoided putting her on the roster image since she isn't on there in Brawl.

Other than that I agree with the rest of the post. We've pretty much already decided it as a fake, we're more or less just discussing whether we'd be satisfied with the roster or not.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

....thats what its gonna be anyway....lol...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, and another thing, if Newtwo is supposed to be some ultimate new powered-up form for Mewtwo, wouldn't it be a bit bizarre for him to be a mere stance swap?

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Ok, the TC posted more info. This time revealing the characters, I personally don't believe this, maybe I'm denial... :p

-------------

Okay...at your own risk...

No Ridley again. Too tough to balance, not even listed.
K. Rool is pretty low priority. Doesn't add much unique.
Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt,) Paper Mario are in.
Snake is out. So is Jigglypuff.
no way he/she was in Ssb64 no adding out :jigglypuff:but yes to adding out :snake:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well that rumor roster is at cliff hanger at this poin't because of the mega evolutions in pokemon and lucario is one of them and one picture in the magazine shows mewtwo and lucario fighting each other so pokemon loves the rivalry of the 2

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, that's why I am always underwhelmed by these conservative fan rosters since they are usually just the Brawl roster plus Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, and Mega Man (43 character slots, 1 random slot, perfect 11 x 4 character select screen). That's why I am glad Sakurai pretty much forced the conservative fan rosters to add curveballs like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's why I am always underwhelmed by these conservative fan rosters since they are usually just the Brawl roster plus Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, and Mega Man (43 character slots, 1 random slot, perfect 11 x 4 character select screen). That's why I am glad Sakurai pretty much forced the conservative fan rosters to add curveballs like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.
Everyone just wants to play as there fav chars....is that such a crime....its been 3 smash games so far and some people still havent had the chance....

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
On one hand, I often want to play as my favorite characters (So when Ivysaur was shown I just about had to change underwear), and if I actually like to play as that character, that's freaking awesome. But...

A lot of it also has to do with which characters I actually enjoy playing as. So, while I loved Ivysaur anyway, I was happy to have enjoyed its playstyle. But even though I've never played Mother 3 or Fire Emblem, Lucas and Roy are probably my favorite other characters regardless of what game they're from. And I think that probably means that it doesn't always matter who the character is, though it might on occasion. If I legitimately hated a character, I'm not sure that I could bring myself to main them, even if I actually like their gameplay. Luckily I haven't had that problem yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Huh. Just looking at it now, if that was the final roster I'd be disappointed.
Well it's not likly because lucario got back on top of being one of the mega evolution pokemon in x and y

the duck hunt dog because of lots of request and retro and sakurai might think of it because of the interview of thinking and listen to the fans

wonderful Red because sakurai might MIGHT be interested in a platinum company character and this guy is the most likely because of being Nintendo and platinum and sakurai might help advertise his game by making him playable in super smash bros 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom