• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
Lucas Wolf Ivysaur Squirtle Jigglypuff Ike Snake should all be cut and be replaced with newcomers

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would cut Lucas.
He's unnecessary in my eyes. Ness represents the whole kid protagonist growing up and leading a crew and whatever that the Mother series has in every game.
Plus the whole custom moveset deal makes Lucas less unique than he is now. Give PK Pulse a freeze effect and badda bing.
I think the reason Lucas will stay is for Mother 3 content on 3DS. Otherwise, I don't even think Mother deserves two characters.
Although I definitely wouldn't complain about Porky.

Just don't make it like cutting Lucas is some forbidden and impossible thing.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Lucas Wolf Ivysaur Squirtle Jigglypuff Ike Snake should all be cut and be replaced with newcomers
There is NO WAY Jigglypuff is gonna get cut. Jiggly represents the BIGGEST change in the Pokemon franchise...Fairy types. Gamefreak won't allow Sakurai to cut Jiggly unless a different Fairy takes it's place and there's none that really standout enough. Plus Jiggly is an original 12 and I have to believe that makes them untouchable.

Last edited:

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
I would cut Lucas.
He's unnecessary in my eyes. Ness represents the whole kid protagonist growing up and leading a crew and whatever that the Mother series has in every game.
Plus the whole custom moveset deal makes Lucas less unique than he is now. Give PK Pulse a freeze effect and badda bing.
I think the reason Lucas will stay is for Mother 3 content on 3DS. Otherwise, I don't even think Mother deserves two characters.

Except almost all of Lucas' normals are different. It's not like PK Freeze is his only difference from Ness.

Plus from what we've seen characters are getting a lot of changes anyway, so Lucas would most likely be even more different.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I would cut Lucas.

PK Pulse? What on earth is that?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I just don't see why everyone defends Lucas as some over-the-top unique character.
Because he's not. At all.
He's not necessarily unique in terms of gameplay, but by that token, why aren't you asking for Falco, Wolf, or Ganondorf to get cut?

He's not getting cut because he's integral to his series, more so than Wolf, Ike, or most Pokemon are integral to their series, TBQH.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Keep your negative wishlist out of this thread please? ITT rumours and leaks.
You said it yourself "rumors and leaks." Sakurai said himself that not all characters are returning so the speculation of who those characters are can be considered "rumor."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is NO WAY Jigglypuff is gonna get cut. Jiggly represents the BIGGEST change in the Pokemon franchise...Fairy types. Gamefreak won't allow Sakurai to cut Jiggly unless a different Fairy takes it's place and there's none that really standout enough. Plus Jiggly is an original 12 and I have to believe that makes them untouchable.
Sylveon? :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All of you talking about how the roster is going to be arranged exactly like Brawl's, and that you can predict characters that way, don't hold your breath. The roster arrangement changes from game to game, and based on the past three titles, it's unlikely to stay the same this time around.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Nobody is untouchable. This is smash. There are no rules. No patterns. Just Sakurai.

And arguably the biggest change to the Pokemon franchise is Mega Evolutions and 2 are in Smash already.

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I would cut Lucas.

It's PK Flash not Pulse :dazwa:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mario and Luigi are untochable.
The only one of the Original 12 who is supposedly not untouchable is Jigglypuff. Which I don't get.

What makes Jigglypuff any different from the others?

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
The only one of the Original 12 who is supposedly not untouchable is Jigglypuff. Which I don't get.

Because some people just can't accept the thought of that cute pink puffball taking the spot away from their precious Mewtwo. Even as a hardcore Pokemon fan myself that wants Mewtwo back...I've accepted the fact that it's looking very unlikely that he'll return.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice

Jigglypuff is one of 719+

Where other franchises have a few dozen characters to choose from Pokemon has nearly a thousand. And since Sakurai admits to speaking with gamefreak about who the biggest pokemon are Jigglypuff hasn't been relevant since the last episode it drew on a sleeping person's face.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That's a bit excessive, don't you think? Pull it back a bit there.
Not to be mean, but no. I don't understand why White wants to randomly delete Lucas and he still does it on another site where many of us (some of us from this site knows) explain why. I'm not gonna get into a debate on why Lucas should be cut because I'd rather save myself from going ham lol

Anyway back to the rumors, I'm trying to understand what's up with Chrous Man randomly being on the list. Anyone fill me in on a possibility/ Makes a great wtf character, but I dunno how we would feel about it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because some people just can't accept the thought of that cute pink puffball taking the spot away from their precious Mewtwo. Even as a hardcore Pokemon fan myself that wants Mewtwo back...I've accepted the fact that it's looking very unlikely that he'll return.
Thinking about it especially after Greninja's reveal I don't actually want Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Let's see some of the reasons currently:
-Mewtwo will get the "last" Pokemon spot.
-low priority in Brawl.

That's all I can list really.

Mewtwo support died way too fast here, it's unbelievable.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Where other franchises have a few dozen characters to choose from Pokemon has nearly a thousand. And since Sakurai admits to speaking with gamefreak about who the biggest pokemon are Jigglypuff hasn't been relevant since the last episode it drew on a sleeping person's face.
So? Of the 721 Pokemon how many are actually suitable for inclusion in Smash?
Besides I don't see Jiggly being cut when it made it into Brawl, when Mewtwo a more important Pokemon was cut.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

But now Jigglypuff is at the peak of relevancy due to it being one of the first Fairy types revealed. If Gamefreak didn't want Jiggly cut back in Brawl, then why would they want Jiggly cut now?

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
So? Of the 721 Pokemon how many are actually suitable for inclusion in Smash?
Besides I don't see Jiggly being cut when it made it into Brawl, when Mewtwo a more important Pokemon was cut.

Like I said a few pages back. No rules. No patterns. Just Smash.

We're trying to make sense out of chaos with every post on these forums.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would've liked Gardevior for the fairy type representation. She could've been fun. Also with the mega evolution for a final smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But now Jigglypuff is at the peak of relevancy due to it being one of the first Fairy types revealed. If Gamefreak didn't want Jiggly cut back in Brawl, then why would they want Jiggly cut now?
Gamefreak didn't really say anything regarding Jigglypuff at all at the time of Brawl.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Jigglypuff wasn't on the original game literally everyone would be in agreement that she should go.
No, because I like Jigglypuff in Melee and Brawl, too.

Jigglypuff has quite a good number of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom