• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This is the leak I was talking before, I finally went back and looked for it. This was copied from a post on page 170 (holy crap, I just realized how far the discussion has moved since January) if anybody wants to go back and look at it, though I don't think that was the original posting in this thread if I read foolssigma's comment correctly:

The only thing that gets a raised eyebrow from me is the mention of Proto Man, since Elec Man is the Mega Man AT (unless there's the possibility of getting two AT's per 3rd-Party series, which would explain the lack of Shadow or another Sonic character AT in the Direct?), but other than that (and the obvious demo stuff), there isn't really anything that I can immediately see that would suggest it's fake based on current confirmed info. I figured, if nothing else, it might be good to revisit an old one that didn't get any attention, as it came in the wake of the Palutena pictures, and everybody was so focused on proving or disproving them at the time that this basically got pushed to the wayside and forgotten without actually getting talked about and/or debunked.
Is there anything in here that was revealed afterwards? Like possibly Skull Kid, Ashley, male Wii Fit Trainer? Lyn has been confirmed, but that's not a very difficult guess at all. Same with Shulk, Palutena, Ridley.
And none of this tells us if characters are playable or assists or whatever. The only thing that could really deconfirm it is if some of these characters aren't in the game at all, like Wonder Red, Proto Man...

But I do hope this is true, because I fully support Cranky Kong playable.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think Ice Climbers, Meta Knight and Wario might happen. I'd be surprised if they aren't in the starting roster, at most I could see maybe Meta Knight being demoted to unlockable because we already have Kirby and Dedede. The rest is definitely stretching it though, yeah. I've got a feeling if Ike actually is in the game he's probably an unlockable at this point, and I'd assume if anything that Ness would be the starter and not Lucas this time. I probably don't expect Ness to get shown off unless Captain Falcon does however.

I think it made a lot of sense for Lucas and Ike to be starters in Brawl because they were new characters, but they're not anymore and Marth and Ness are staples to the series.
Maybe coming from me, but I don't mind if Meta Knight and Wario were switched to unlockables. After all, what's nice than having two more unlockables?

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Maybe coming from me, but I don't mind if Meta Knight and Wario were switched to unlockables. After all, what's nice than having two more unlockables?
I wouldn't mind Meta Knight being an unlockable, but Wario has had two ATs shown off so it'd be a bit weird for him to be one. Then again we had Goroh as an AT with Brawl and yet Falcon had to be unlocked, so who knows.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
True, I always enjoyed unlocking characters.

This is the leak I was talking before, I finally went back and looked for it. This was copied from a post on page 170 (holy crap, I just realized how far the discussion has moved since January) if anybody wants to go back and look at it, though I don't think that was the original posting in this thread if I read foolssigma's comment correctly:

The only thing that gets a raised eyebrow from me is the mention of Proto Man, since Elec Man is the Mega Man AT (unless there's the possibility of getting two AT's per 3rd-Party series, which would explain the lack of Shadow or another Sonic character AT in the Direct?), but other than that (and the obvious demo stuff), there isn't really anything that I can immediately see that would suggest it's fake based on current confirmed info. I figured, if nothing else, it might be good to revisit an old one that didn't get any attention, as it came in the wake of the Palutena pictures, and everybody was so focused on proving or disproving them at the time that this basically got pushed to the wayside and forgotten without actually getting talked about and/or debunked.
Hmm.. Interesting leak. I'd say it may be debunked because of Elec-Man showing, I just can't see Proto Man getting in as an AT now.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Double Post Warning Received
Just as certain as Toon Link, Lucario and Sonic?
Well said! We've already been surprised by some returning characters, assuming anyone is cut at this point is a little crazy.

My only beef with this is that with the Wii U version coming out in Winter it seems premature to have a playable demo in stores around April/May.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The leaker claims that Protoman is an alt. costume, though.
Actually, the leaker says that it COULD be, extrapolating from the "male Wii Fit Trainer" and "female Villager". They don't seem to know squat, which casts some doubt on their leak. Most legit leakers know what's up, and post the hard facts with no other flavor text. Though if they could only see resources, their leak could make some sense. We'll see. But the lack of Marshal/Chorus Kids or Greninja makes me doubt it on the spot.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the leaker says that it COULD be, extrapolating from the "male Wii Fit Trainer" and "female Villager". They don't seem to know squat, which casts some doubt on their leak. Most legit leakers know what's up, and post the hard facts with no other flavor text. Though if they could only see resources, their leak could make some sense. We'll see. But the lack of Marshal/Chorus Kids or Greninja makes me doubt it on the spot.
Yeah, that's fair enough.

I also agree with you, the lack of those characters, plus the lack of any content revealed in the Direct, like Assist Trophies, just makes it seem like the leaker made a bunch of predictions and was unlucky with them. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Hadn't seen this leak before. So this one claimed that there will be a Smash demo coming up. We'll wait and see whether any of this comes true within this month.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just as certain as Toon Link, Lucario and Sonic?
I never understood why people thought those 3 weren't returning. Toon Link is the alternate universe Link and the last 2 games had a second Link so I saw him coming. Lucario was really important in X/Y, and Sonic is Mario eternal rival. I don't see those 3 ever getting cut.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I never understood why people thought those 3 weren't returning. Toon Link is the alternate universe Link and the last 2 games had a second Link so I saw him coming. Lucario was really important in X/Y, and Sonic is Mario eternal rival. I don't see those 3 ever getting cut.
To be fair though, Toon Link was a low priority character, being one of the last ones added to Brawl. And as far as Sonic goes, the roster Sakurai initially created not plan for Sonic until the sudden amount of requests for him. Sonic was an incredibly late addition.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Actually, Cranky Kong has been kind of deconfirmed by the Jungle Japes stage, right? :/
"When Cranky's on the stage, Alfonzo watches his house on Jungle Japes!"

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

That's the only time I'll ever do that, I swear.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it's tin foil hat time! I've noticed on some forums that there's this weird theory going around about characters getting revealed before E3. The theory is that all the remaining starting roster characters from Brawl (:popo::ike::lucas::metaknight::wario:) will be revealed between now (April 15th) and E3 (June 10-12). Here's the theory:

April 18th, last update before Fire Emblem anniversary on the 20th :ike:
April 24th, Japanese release of NES Remix 1+2 :popo:

May 2nd, North American release of Kirby Triple Deluxe :metaknight:

May 9th, last update before "Mother's" Day :lucas:(a ginormous stretch but let's entertain the idea for the sake of argument)

May 29th, Japanese release of Mario Kart 8 :wario:

What do you all think? Absolutely nuts or do you think they might be onto something?
I don't think we'll see more than two veterans revealed in May, unless the game was coming out in July. However, I could see Ike getting revealed this week and all of these are possible reveals (although I think Ness is showing up before Lucas).

Then again, it isn't impossible for us to have all starters (barring possibly third-parties). Plus it's not like we haven't been wrong before (just look at what happened around Pokemon X & Y release, we all expected a Pokemon character and we didn't get one).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"When Cranky's on the stage, Alfonzo watches his house on Jungle Japes!"

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

That's the only time I'll ever do that, I swear.
Hey, It's all cool! Alfonzo jokes are funny. :laugh:

I was just wondering if Cranky was de-confirmed due to Jungle Japes. How many rumors had him??

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You're missing the point entirely. You keep insisting that I'm against you and that I'm being completely unfair but I feel this further proves my point. I'm sorry to break it to you but there is no grand conspiracy. The world isn't out to get you. You have complained not only in this thread but several others in the past week and I have taken notice. There was even one that you started that was ultimately locked because it got out of hand. Many of us here know how you feel because, quite frankly, you haven't let up on it for the past week. It's hardly esoteric.

You keep saying that "Sakurai is out of touch" but what do you really base this off of? The fact that Ridley MIGHT not make the cut. The fact that K. Rool MIGHT not get in. It's all conjecture. As others and myself have said, we don't know the final roster and, even with what we've seen so far, there have been fan favorites added. Lots of people wanted an Animal Crossing rep. A buttload of people wanted Little Mac and Megaman. Hell, even Rosalina and Greninja have received warm welcomes. Is he out of touch or do you simply imagine him as out of touch? I once made the exact same arguments about Sakurai when the Brawl roster was revealed because I didn't get Geno and Megaman despite, of my top ten list, I got Wario, Diddy, Dedede, Olimar, and Lucario. I too argued about the "travesty of how Sakurai didn't care about the fans" despite the fact that half my wish list had been met and how, aside from ROB and ZSS, nearly all the new additions had sizable fanbases that wanted them in. In the grand scheme of things, I was more upset at myself for wasting so much time speculating a video game than actually living my life. I acted like Sakurai had broken promises of the 5 characters who didn't make it (Geno, Megaman, Ridley, Vaati, and Krystal) despite the fact that no promises were ever made, just like now. Thems da breaks and that's the big risk tied to following any game. The final product might not be exactly what you want so it's smart not to get too emotionally attached to an impossible ideal or, realistically speaking, a game that revolves around cartoon characters kicking the crap out of each other.

So, word to wise, save your indigence for something that actually matters. Your "outrage" is hardly warranted because hardly anything is currently known. You're getting upset over a possibility, not a reality and, even then, it's just a game. Don't like it. Don't buy it. We personally can't change the game to meet your specifications. I'm sorry but that's simply the reality of things. I cringe at some of the crap I wrote back in 2008 and, honestly, I'm trying to spare you from making the same mistakes I did. As someone who was once in your shoes, don't be "that guy" and try to look at things from a different perspective.
They shouldnt be character support threads imo.

(no sarcasm)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey, It's all cool! Alfonzo jokes are funny. :laugh:

I was just wondering if Cranky was de-confirmed due to Jungle Japes. How many rumors had him??
Only ones made after Tropical Freeze. Bandwagoning is a transparent phenomenon.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GUYS!

I suddenly realize something how about the Sal Romano leak is legit and we only have those character but only for the 3DS and when the Wii U launches it will have three more characters as DLC? Ok, ok, I will explain myself and hope that the people understand what I´m saying lets say for example: the 3DS version launches in august ok then the Wii U version in november, that give us three months of updates for only the Wii U version about modes, levels and probably not much, I mean is not that I don´t like level updates and new ones but to be sincere I´m always waiting for characters to show up to get me hyped then with three months of nothing the hype could die a little right? Many of us probably will check the website once a week or even two weeks when the 3DS launches.

So what if in the middle of these months august, september and october, we receive three more characters and those are Mewtwo, Ridley and King K. Rool ready for the launch of Wii U and as a free DLC for the 3DS the same day? Those three characters will get the hype for the Wii U back as a launch title, the 3DS could still receive updates even after its release with images of those characters, how they look and finally still both versions will get the same number of characters at the same time without leaving none of them behind.

The media will still put attention to the game, it will get hyped with all this new content and the Smash community will be in uproar, Sakurai will troll saying something about how he could forgot such important characters and I think pretty much everyone will get a jaw open for all this awesomeness, like there is a saying "save for the last the best".

I don´t know if is something to consider, thats why we have hints with the Kremlings, the trolling of Sakurai about Ridley and the comment of Mewtwo that "We will think about it", is it me or that would be a great marketing strategy for both versions in the long term?

.n_n.
A great idea that would require Sakurai/the developers/Nintendo to get over the heebie-jeebies they probably have about "Oh, what if someone doesn't have those characters online?" or "How can we possibly release an incomplete product?" Not to mention not sticking those characters in insurmountably non-playable roles beforehand as well.

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it, Sakurai made the Brawl Roster look a lot cleaner then it's predecessors. What I mean is that Brawl lined the columns up nicely for the franchises. Because of this, I have to assume that we are getting either 49 characters or 54 characters. Of course we could also get a disappointing 44 as well but I wish to dream of more than that... Anyways I'm going by multiples of 5 due to Mario currently holding the largest amount of playable characters at 5 so I'll assume each column will have 5 characters. Now thinking about how Brawl's roster had all the "Mario" characters together which can assume we would get another DK or Warioware character to put in the column of DK, Diddy, Wario and Yoshi. Assuming Pokemon and Zelda cap off at 5 then Ganondorf and either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo would round those franchises out.

I'm not familiar with all the leaks that are still alive but how many empty slots would we have left if this ended up being the case?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Now that I think about it, Sakurai made the Brawl Roster look a lot cleaner then it's predecessors. What I mean is that Brawl lined the columns up nicely for the franchises. Because of this, I have to assume that we are getting either 49 characters or 54 characters. Of course we could also get a disappointing 44 as well but I wish to dream of more than that... Anyways I'm going by multiples of 5 due to Mario currently holding the largest amount of playable characters at 5 so I'll assume each column will have 5 characters. Now thinking about how Brawl's roster had all the "Mario" characters together which can assume we would get another DK or Warioware character to put in the column of DK, Diddy, Wario and Yoshi. Assuming Pokemon and Zelda cap off at 5 then Ganondorf and either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo would round those franchises out.

I'm not familiar with all the leaks that are still alive but how many empty slots would we have left if this ended up being the case?
or 50, with the random button to the side somewhere. also, wario will stay as just wario. like Yoshi. I do see dk getting one more character(hopefully its Dixie.).
I don't know how much that would lead us...........
but 10 of 5 columns would be perfect IMHO.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

I doubt roster "neatness" is reason to have a discrete number of characters.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
I doubt roster "neatness" is reason to have a discrete number of characters.
I'm simply pointing out something VERY noticeable from Brawl. I understand that many of you are clinging to the hopes that Mewtwo is returning so you desperately refuse to acknowledge this possibility because that would be like you saying Mewtwo has no chance. Now I don't know what Sakurai plans to do but I'm exploring one possibility based on how neat he made the roster look in the previous game. Geez

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well yeah, but I wasn't counting the random icon as a character. That's why I left it 1 away from the actual multiple of 5.
which is why I said or 50. with the actual random button out of the way, there is room for one more. (the ? button will still be there, just maybe not on the actual roster box.)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
GUYS!

I suddenly realize something how about the Sal Romano leak is legit and we only have those character but only for the 3DS and when the Wii U launches it will have three more characters as DLC? Ok, ok, I will explain myself and hope that the people understand what I´m saying lets say for example: the 3DS version launches in august ok then the Wii U version in november, that give us three months of updates for only the Wii U version about modes, levels and probably not much, I mean is not that I don´t like level updates and new ones but to be sincere I´m always waiting for characters to show up to get me hyped then with three months of nothing the hype could die a little right? Many of us probably will check the website once a week or even two weeks when the 3DS launches.

So what if in the middle of these months august, september and october, we receive three more characters and those are Mewtwo, Ridley and King K. Rool ready for the launch of Wii U and as a free DLC for the 3DS the same day? Those three characters will get the hype for the Wii U back as a launch title, the 3DS could still receive updates even after its release with images of those characters, how they look and finally still both versions will get the same number of characters at the same time without leaving none of them behind.

The media will still put attention to the game, it will get hyped with all this new content and the Smash community will be in uproar, Sakurai will troll saying something about how he could forgot such important characters and I think pretty much everyone will get a jaw open for all this awesomeness, like there is a saying "save for the last the best".

I don´t know if is something to consider, thats why we have hints with the Kremlings, the trolling of Sakurai about Ridley and the comment of Mewtwo that "We will think about it", is it me or that would be a great marketing strategy for both versions in the long term?

.n_n.
great if this dont happen im coming to your door.

Great...now if this dobt hap

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Alright, it's tin foil hat time! I've noticed on some forums that there's this weird theory going around about characters getting revealed before E3. The theory is that all the remaining starting roster characters from Brawl (:popo::ike::lucas::metaknight::wario:) will be revealed between now (April 15th) and E3 (June 10-12). Here's the theory:

April 18th, last update before Fire Emblem anniversary on the 20th :ike:
April 24th, Japanese release of NES Remix 1+2 :popo:

May 2nd, North American release of Kirby Triple Deluxe :metaknight:

May 9th, last update before "Mother's" Day :lucas:(a ginormous stretch but let's entertain the idea for the sake of argument)

May 29th, Japanese release of Mario Kart 8 :wario:

What do you all think? Absolutely nuts or do you think they might be onto something?

except Meta Knight isn't even in Triple Deluxe, so I'm not convinced he'll be revealed to go along with it.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
except Meta Knight isn't even in Triple Deluxe, so I'm not convinced he'll be revealed to go along with it.
Meta Knight does appear as a balloon so that technically counts...right?

Seriously, shut up. You have no place to talk if you can't even list reasons why Lucas should be cut
Okay, chill out. It's just an opinion, and let's not forget that their was no "reason" to cut Mewtwo or Roy but it happened so anyone not announced right now could get the boot.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, chill out. It's just an opinion, and let's not forget that their was no "reason" to cut Mewtwo or Roy but it happened so anyone not announced right now could get the boot.
be wary of double posting :)

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
be wary of double posting :)
Yeah I was thinking about that but I didn't know how to combine the two posts. I'm not that internet forum savvy yet. I'm just a Cadet. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
great if this dont happen im coming to your door.

Great...now if this dobt hap
This better happen one way or another. Also guys that time stamp error matches up withsals leak. He gave us 11. And then we got rosalina, which is 12. If there are 16 newcomers then that could leave sal to leak 4 more at e3. My bets would be k rool, Ridley, a retro, maybe balloon fighter, and possibly mewtwo or another newcomer. So I say e3 should be interesting.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, Mewtwo was time restraints. Roy, I dunno.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was thinking about that but I didn't know how to combine the two posts. I'm not that internet forum savvy yet. I'm just a Cadet. :sadeyes:
It's ok! I'm just trying to save you from the wrath of the mods. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom