• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Better question is why people make fake leaks and make them to be serious. It's easy to tell the simple leaks apart by classes or basic details:
-We've got your dream leaks, which are explosively large and feature characters with no real shot, even by Sakurai standards.
-There's the obvious point leaks, where people guess really safely and the roster is ending up being every safe option. Kind of not like Sakurai as well due to his nature on doing stuff where little people expect it (IE: Rosetta).
-We've got your stupidly exacting detail leaks, which attempt to guess everything from exact dates to playstyles.
-Then there's the bogus leaks, where people make them to pass the time.
-Then there's the un-Sakurai leaks, where the character selection is heavily imbalanced. Similar to dream leaks.
-May think of more, but there's a serious formula to it.
We're forgetting the "kinda unrealistic so I'll cut a bunch of characters to make it work".

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
Ehhh those aren't really good reasons to make a character, and by extension a leak more believable. Sounds more like a wish being used to justify adding more credibility. I think the game could use some more villain and female representation though.

Well, to be fair. It's not like Sakurai himself have given us good reasons for including / excluding characters before (or any reason). Like, his reasoning for giving us jigglypuff, his stated reason for including WFT, his reason for excluding villager from brawl, why did he Include ROB, his weird statements about ridley, or exclude little mac from brawl (,didn't he also say something weird about balloon fighter?). I'm sure he looks at many reasons for choosing characters, simply being a female or villian can be one of the many reasons for being chosen. The problem is that we don't know and something like that could POSSIBLY be the sole reason for certain characters. That and these "leaks" WILL us them to their advantage.

Either that or we as fans are looking at things too hard...... he's probably as petty as the worst of us.....

Though, it does seem weird that we are suddenly getting Rosalina, WFT, and possibly Palutena if that leak is to be believed. Before Rosalina and WFT, we as a collective only thought Palutena was likely, and maybe Dixie.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Better question is why people make fake leaks and make them to be serious. It's easy to tell the simple leaks apart by classes or basic details:
-We've got your dream leaks, which are explosively large and feature characters with no real shot, even by Sakurai standards.
-There's the obvious point leaks, where people guess really safely and the roster is ending up being every safe option. Kind of not like Sakurai as well due to his nature on doing stuff where little people expect it (IE: Rosetta).
-We've got your stupidly exacting detail leaks, which attempt to guess everything from exact dates to playstyles.
-Then there's the bogus leaks, where people make them to pass the time.
-Then there's the un-Sakurai leaks, where the character selection is heavily imbalanced. Similar to dream leaks.
-You can't forget the leaks that go cut happy, even where it makes no sense. IE: Cutting shoo-in characters like Yoshi (No, seriously, I saw a leak that said Yoshi was cut)
-May think of more, but there's a serious formula to it.
I don't really take leaks that reveal a ton of information and details seriously. It's easy to tell when a leaker is having too much fun making a leak too. I'm certain there is one real leak in the OP and that would be the brawl era leaker. It sounds the most believable (sadly on Ridley/K.Rools part) and least "attention seeking" if that makes any sense.

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
nvm... how do i delete a post?

You don't, its here forever.

... This site is evil.....

Someone should make a tree. A leak tree. With the names of leaks all pointing in different tree families. That'd be pretty cool. Like linking all of them together. We should see how many leaks at least try to piggy back on the Palutena leak.
I was actually in the process of doing something almost like this. I was going to make an image and have all the leaks on it (I thought that i't might be easier to read then the OP). I was going to colorcode all the information that was been revealed or shown to not be true, rate their credibility based on a percentage on what they have right/ wrong/ potential, as well as number each bullet point on what they have in common with another leak. I stopped working on it because i'm lazy.... But, i will actually go through with it.... but probably slowly >.>

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you guys remember that Wii U screenshot of Sonic laying down with Peach on a parasol, where did it come from anyways. Somebody said these were given to certain people like Serebii.

Here's the screenshot of them:

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I don't really take leaks that reveal a ton of information and details seriously. It's easy to tell when a leaker is having too much fun making a leak too. I'm certain there is one real leak in the OP and that would be the brawl era leaker. It sounds the most believable (sadly on Ridley/K.Rools part) and least "attention seeking" if that makes any sense.
Natch on that "attention seeking". If anything, if PoR is the one in the know of it, *spite* is a believable reason to seek attention. PoR took a lot of hate, and someone who wanted to spite the fanbase would definitely pass that on in revenge.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys remember that Wii U screenshot of Sonic laying down with Peach on a parasol, where did it come from anyways. Somebody said these were given to certain people like Serebii.
I think you just about summed it up. Wasn't it from some sort of "developers room"? I can't remember, but there was some post explaining it. Serebii posted it on NeoGaf as well I think.

Natch on that "attention seeking". If anything, if PoR is the one in the know of it, *spite* is a believable reason to seek attention. PoR took a lot of hate, and someone who wanted to spite the fanbase would definitely pass that on in revenge.
Positively agree with this. It would makes sense depending on who got the most negative attention, in contrast to the more sarcastic/passive aggressive replies the leaks of this era are getting.
I don't think I've viewed PoR's leaks before, but I've seen some of the nasty replies some leakers like shadow(?) and Nya got. Although they were on smashboards.

For some reason, I was under the impression that in this day and age, we would be getting leaks on this game a lot more easily. Does anybody have any idea how people get leaks anyways? Especially English speakers of all people? I remember Chaos_Zero saying that he only had information that time around because he knew someone working on the game, but wouldn't the majority of the people working on the game reside in Japan? I'm not sure how development of a game really works, so there's that. Not that I'd be expecting real leaks until at least after e3 anyways.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Also I found another leak we may not have found earlier:
http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/232371437/#232387816
rosalina, wii fit trainer, takamaru, ridley, little mac, prince sable, mach rider, mewtwo, masked man, villager, tom nook, megaman are the newcomer characters

on screen goes left side mario, luigi, peach, bowser, rosalina, next donkey, diddy with dixie, yoshi with baby mario, wario, wii fit trainer, next link, zelda, ganondorf, toon link, takamaru, next samus, ridley, pit, little mac, ice climbers, next kirby, meta knight, king dedede, olimar, prince sable, next fox, falco, wolf, captain falcon, mach rider, next pikachu, pokemon trainer female, lucario, jigglypuff, mewtwo, next marth, ike, ness, lucas, masked man, next villager, nook, robot, mr game and watch, random character. sonic is left side with mario and luigi, megaman is right side with villager and tom nook. we have left spaces on sides for more characters. we can make all assist trophy characters with the assets and models if we have time. isaac, palutena, krystal, impa and sylveon are top priority if time allows. release date is holidays 2014 but there will be delays. we have issues with things. ice climbers and rosalina were slow fps on the 3ds game but we have nearly fixed that issue. falco is causing crashes with certain characters.
There's alot of answering questions by the leaker too. If you really care to read.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Positively agree with this. It would makes sense depending on who got the most negative attention, in contrast to the more sarcastic/passive aggressive replies the leaks of this era are getting.
I don't think I've viewed PoR's leaks before, but I've seen some of the nasty replies some leakers like shadow(?) and Nya got. Although they were on smashboards.
From what I've heard she got treated far worse then any of the other leakers, even getting to the point that she refused to come back on GameFAQs. So provided it is her, there is that possibility that she did it out of spite though we won't know for sure until release.

There's alot of answering questions by the leaker too. If you really care to read.
I can't say I believe it, though I would like some of those choices.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Not only do I don't believe that list of newcomers but he's WAAAAAY too exact on details on what going to be seen (which is where the "leaker" is bascially shooting himself in the foot. DO NOT GO INTO VERY SENSITIVE/SPECIFIC DETAILS WHEN MAKING A LEAK).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Also interesting to how you get these results when searching Prince Sable:
http://archive.foolz.us/v/search/text/prince sable/
Sorry, had to put the cat out. I'm here now so hopefully I can reply faster!

>>232354285
What's the matter here?

>>232354151
Some of the newcomers I've seen are
Prince Sable
Palutena
Pac-Man
Shulk
Mii
Little Mac
Mewtwo (not technically new but yknow)
Slime
Monster Hunter
Mega Man
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Mii
Shulk
Lady Palutena
Takamaru
Prince Sable
Monster Hunter
Pac-Man
Slime

Screencap this
- Rhythm Heaven girl assist
- Ike is back
- ROB is back
- Mr. Game & Watch is back
- Snake is gone

Newcomers:
- Prince Sable
- Palutena
- Pac-Man
- Shulk
- Mii
- Mewtwo (not technically new but yknow)
- Slime
- Monster Hunter

- No Ridley
- No Isaac

Every online fight you complete will give you Smash Points (SP) which are essentially EXP. You reach rank 5 for instance, and you earn a trophy. It's stuff like that. You can't lose SP, but if you come say, 4th in a four player FFA, you won't earn very many compared to whoever came 1st.

Ranking Up is also an additional way of unlocking additional characters and stages.

Also, stickers you unlock can be used for your Smash ID, which is basically a little avatar icon that other players online will see. There are hundreds of stickers.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Monster hunter and slime = not real. The online thing makes sense. But it would only be for the 3ds version. I think they are doing something different with leveling up characters. It been talked about that something like this would happen but only in the 3ds version.

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Can we also put a moratorium on posting leaks with Diddy/Dixie? I know we're desperate for more leaks, but posting already debunked ones only wastes everyone's time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I don't understand why they'd suggest Slime to appear. Doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Monster Hunter and Slime aren't impossible and doesn't make the leak fake, though their chances are really low, I would be oh so curious as to why Sakurai picked them in the first, assuming this is real of course. :p

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I like these newcomers but am kind of surprised there is no palutena.
He says Palutena's an Assist Trophy (quite a few leaks have been saying this recently). BTW, wasn't Tom Nook already seen in Villager's reveal trailer? If he is playable (which I seriously doubt), it makes no sense for him to be seen in another character's trailer before his own.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery

Hmm..so this kinda makes rumours more likely because some professional websites might have information we have yet to find out about on Smash 4

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Pretty bold leak including Tom Nook and Masked Man (who a lot of people expected to be in brawl). I don't buy it though with him answering questions and all. It seems like he was answering question until he got too bored and just left. Were all those "leaks" with slime from different people?

And um... what is this? http://umsauthorlava.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=1
-= DKC event Beta Testers =-

- Testers were not allowed to take photos or videos.
- Testers were picked randomly at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, during the Donkey Kong event.

- Veterans include Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and Mewtwo.
- Newcomers include Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, Palutena, and Hades.
- Mega Man's Final Smash uses the Rush Armor upgrade.
- Villager's Final Smash summons bees.
- Assist Trophies will not have outlines like the playables do.
- Assist Trophies include Waluigi, Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter. and Eggplant Wizard.
- Skull Kid attacks by bringing the moon down, almost like how Snorlax works.
- There was conflicting points about Palutena being an Assist Trophy. It wasn't stated which was true.
- There will be a new Donkey Kong Country stage, as well as the Underworld from Kid Icarus.

= MY DOUBTS =
- Roy, as well as the bit about not being able to decide if Palutena is a playable or an AT.

= TRUST KILLERS =
- Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and/or Mewtwo are not in.
- Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, and/or Hades are not in.
- Palutena is not in, neither as a playable or an Assist Trophy.
- Final Smashes for Mega Man and/or Villager are different.
- Assist Trophies have outlines.
- Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter, and/or Eggplant Wizard are not included in Assist Trophies.
- Skull Kid does not bring down the moon.
- There is no Donkey Kong Country stage or an Underworld stage.

This guy has some sort of blog where he keeps track of leaks, or get's sent them? I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, I believe another DKC beta tester leaked information to him and it listed some newcomers as well, which is what we haven't seen from a leak. I feel like we've seen this leak before but I can't really remember...
Edit: "Rumor 2" sounds like the guy who was here a while ago who's friend supposedly had information but was just pulling his tail in the end. I'm still a bit confused as to if this is just a compilation or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Came from a press site iirc.
Serebii (Joe) said he found them on a press site, i think.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pretty bold leak including Tom Nook and Masked Man (who a lot of people expected to be in brawl). I don't buy it though with him answering questions and all. It seems like he was answering question until he got too bored and just left. Were all those "leaks" with slime from different people?

And um... what is this? http://umsauthorlava.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=1
-= DKC event Beta Testers =-

- Testers were not allowed to take photos or videos.
- Testers were picked randomly at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, during the Donkey Kong event.

- Veterans include Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and Mewtwo.
- Newcomers include Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, Palutena, and Hades.
- Mega Man's Final Smash uses the Rush Armor upgrade.
- Villager's Final Smash summons bees.
- Assist Trophies will not have outlines like the playables do.
- Assist Trophies include Waluigi, Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter. and Eggplant Wizard.
- Skull Kid attacks by bringing the moon down, almost like how Snorlax works.
- There was conflicting points about Palutena being an Assist Trophy. It wasn't stated which was true.
- There will be a new Donkey Kong Country stage, as well as the Underworld from Kid Icarus.

= MY DOUBTS =
- Roy, as well as the bit about not being able to decide if Palutena is a playable or an AT.

= TRUST KILLERS =
- Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and/or Mewtwo are not in.
- Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, and/or Hades are not in.
- Palutena is not in, neither as a playable or an Assist Trophy.
- Final Smashes for Mega Man and/or Villager are different.
- Assist Trophies have outlines.
- Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter, and/or Eggplant Wizard are not included in Assist Trophies.
- Skull Kid does not bring down the moon.
- There is no Donkey Kong Country stage or an Underworld stage.

This guy has some sort of blog where he keeps track of leaks, or get's sent them? I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, I believe another DKC beta tester leaked information to him and it listed some newcomers as well, which is what we haven't seen from a leak. I feel like we've seen this leak before but I can't really remember...
Interesting. I'd like to know if this demo thing was real or not. But our only Toronto, Canadian has been AWAL for a while now. I'm sure N3ON would've said something if she knew though. Maybe... Man I'd like to know this guys source. Maybe its ErenJager. It further expounds on his leak. It even says that there have been conflicting things on Palutena like he said. Hmmm. The FS's line up too. Someone needs to ask if he Rosalina and Lucario weren't playable. Thats what ErenJager said. So if they conflict on this point then we know that at least one of them is lying..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He says Palutena's an Assist Trophy (quite a few leaks have been saying this recently). BTW, wasn't Tom Nook already seen in Villager's reveal trailer? If he is playable (which I seriously doubt), it makes no sense for him to be seen in another character's trailer before his own.
That's what sparked his playability in this one. As he sees and reads the letter yet he isn't in the stage so he is either an assist trophy or playable.( hoping for playable). As for masked man it's not out of the possibility. I know palutena is listed as an AT lately but sakurai has teased us to much to make her one, but if we get hades that wouldn't be bad for a second rep. Plus with nook it would be the perfect disguise, he is there but it's so obvious no one expects it.

As for that new leak I am very confused by it.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys heard about this? He said some guy that went to his school that works at Gamestop says gamestop got a fall release window for smash.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68698251
I went to Gamestop today to finish paying off my DS2 preorder and decided to preorder Mario Kart 8 too since it has a release date now.

Anyways when I asked to preorder MK8, the guy behind the counter turned out to be someone I knew from High School and said something like "Oh man good call, not enough people are preordering Wii U games. You gonna preorder Bayonetta 2 or Smash while you're at it?"

I said I wait until games get a confirmed release date to preorder them and he offhandedly replied with "well I don't know about Bayonetta 2, but I know we just got a Fall release window for Smash."

It's only Gamestop and just because I knew the guy doesn't really lend him anymore credibility, so take this as you will but take it with a grain of salt.

Personally I think it adds up what with Target already making preorder cards available and Wii online ending on May 20th despite Brawl's successor still not being released.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Someone came in here and posted under an alt. account about those five newcomers from the demo being the last five newcomers left to be unveiled. That person also happens to be a fan of Ghirahim and Hades. I would take that with a major, major grain of salt.

Also, "a Donkey Kong Country stage" could be literally anything from five different games.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Someone came in here and posted under an alt. account about those five newcomers from the demo being the last five newcomers left to be unveiled. That person also happens to be a fan of Ghirahim and Hades. I would take that with a major, major grain of salt.

Also, "a Donkey Kong Country stage" could be literally anything from five different games.
Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. He keeps track of a lot of rumors (some which originate from here) so that would make sense. I guess he kind of just compiled the information into one.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I'm gonna go ahead and say that the "DK Demo" leaks are fake. I'm saying this because last week, Dinoman96 PM'd CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (also known as "Ryce" on NeoGAF and also the guy who first explained the E3 leak in detail) and he has called BS on the leak and he tends to be quite credible so like I said before, I'm gonna take his word on this.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Has Diddy with Dixie in the list.
...and? I'm serious, does that negate it? We haven't seen Sheik, so Sheik must not be in this one. Same goes for Zero Suit Samus. Yet we see a lot of lists with them on it that are seen as "legitimate."

Let me be clear. I don't think Diddy + Dixie in 1 slot is legitimate either, but it doesn't negate it.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and say that the "DK Demo" leaks are fake. I'm saying this because last week, Dinoman96 PM'd CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (also known as "Ryce" on NeoGAF and also the guy who first explained the E3 leak in detail) and he has called BS on the leak and he tends to be quite credible so like I said before, I'm gonna take his word on this.
I agree with the sentiment, but don't forget that CAW does not have any information, he's just really smart and resourceful on things like this. But I take his word on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom