• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There's a theory going around saying that Ridley and Yellow Devil are both playable...

Just in a different mode! It involves one player controlling the Wii U Gamepad controlling a boss character.

Then there are four other players playing regular characters trying to team up and beat you.
Get out.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
My response to a character getting in is always:
"That's cool." or "Interesting"

But if it was Masked Link...

what does people think of the gamestop leak, would they actually know before it was public knowledge? I hope not because a fall leak is pretty much q4 because winter really does not begin until dec 20 something
It wouldn't be good for me, cus Sept. is when i go back to college and I'd likely be distracted by the game. heh heh.Embarrass

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
EDIT: Also honestly at this point I feel like any leak without Palutena is BS. I mean, we already have a seemingly legitimate leak of her. Seriously, I think when a freaking visual leak goes this long without anyone being able to debunk it, we have a very probable legitimate leak on our hands.
Honestly, that doesn't mean crud.
Just because a pic kinda looks "legit" doesn't mean we should just throw any leak without Palutena out of the window.
It's still a leak, and all leaks are proven guilty until innocent. Even if it was "legit".
It's like if we all just threw Brawls leaks out cause they didn't have Mewtwo in them.

Have you guys heard about this? He said some guy that went to his school that works at Gamestop says gamestop got a fall release window for smash.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68698251
I went to Gamestop today to finish paying off my DS2 preorder and decided to preorder Mario Kart 8 too since it has a release date now.

Anyways when I asked to preorder MK8, the guy behind the counter turned out to be someone I knew from High School and said something like "Oh man good call, not enough people are preordering Wii U games. You gonna preorder Bayonetta 2 or Smash while you're at it?"

I said I wait until games get a confirmed release date to preorder them and he offhandedly replied with "well I don't know about Bayonetta 2, but I know we just got a Fall release window for Smash."

It's only Gamestop and just because I knew the guy doesn't really lend him anymore credibility, so take this as you will but take it with a grain of salt.

Personally I think it adds up what with Target already making preorder cards available and Wii online ending on May 20th despite Brawl's successor still not being released.
I dunno, do Gamestop employees even have that kind of access?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
You guys make me laugh whenever some of you tries to figure out what sakurai is thinking, nobody can do that lmao; just stop

Sakurai: *laughs*

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, do Gamestop employees even have that kind of access?
I'm not sure, maybe it has to do with where your gamestop is located. It's possible a rookie could have gotten some information, it happens in the music industry all the time. But this is the gaming industry...so it's very different. Someone said it's possible that because the guy said he only pre-orders games he knows are going to come out soon that the other guy was just doing whatever it takes to get him to possibly pre order the game.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Honestly, that doesn't mean crud.
Just because a pic kinda looks "legit" doesn't mean we should just throw any leak without Palutena out of the window.
It's still a leak, and all leaks are proven guilty until innocent. Even if it was "legit".
It's like if we all just threw Brawls leaks out cause they didn't have Mewtwo in them.
Of course I'm not saying actually consider them disproven. I'm saying that we have a lot of evidence towards Palutena being in, so we should probably take it into account when looking at leaks. Of course it shouldn't be definitive. Of course it shouldn't be the deciding factor. But the fact remains that we have what appears to be an actual leak towards her being in the game, one that's far more credible than any other leak made so far.

It also should be noted that Palutena was pretty much always included in leaks up until the event demo guy saying she was an assist trophy. The fact that almost literally overnight every leak suddenly started making her an assist trophy should really be kept in mind. It shows how so many of these 'leakers' are just jumping on the bandwagon.

D

Deleted member

We're still arguing about the Palutena leak? Christ how long has it been since we first found out about it?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
you sure? the jaggies look funny, and i see people passing it off as a leak lol. maybe i need to go play brawl again to see?
Edit: yeah, guess that shows how long it's been since I've played SSBB. carry on folks, nothing to see here lmao

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
lolgamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68699950
Anyone found this "leak" on 2chan as this guy states?
Note: His posted this already but said 4chan instead of 2chan in the title before it got deleted. Just something I noticed.
It's just a list of characters in the 2chan font.
Toad
Rosalina
Tetra
DixieKong
Ridley
MegaMewtwo
WiiFitTrainer
PikminBrittany
Villager
MegaMan
SMASH BROS CHALLENGER
LittleMac
ChromLucina
Shulk
PrinceFluff
Takamaru
Pacman
Mii
KalosRivalSerena
Palutena
---

Pit just looks off in the second pic.

He just looks more like his uprising model.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
lolgamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68699950
Note: His posted this already but said 4chan instead of 2chan in the title before it got deleted. Just something I noticed.
Toad
Rosalina
Tetra
DixieKong
Ridley
MegaMewtwo
WiiFitTrainer
PikminBrittany
Villager
MegaMan
SMASH BROS CHALLENGER
LittleMac
ChromLucina
Shulk
PrinceFluff
Takamaru
Pacman
Mii
KalosRivalSerena
Palutena
---
I don't get the Smash Bros Challenger part. Also I'm cool with this except for Toad, mii and Pikmin Britanny.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not sure, maybe it has to do with where your gamestop is located. It's possible a rookie could have gotten some information, it happens in the music industry all the time. But this is the gaming industry...so it's very different. Someone said it's possible that because the guy said he only pre-orders games he knows are going to come out soon that the other guy was just doing whatever it takes to get him to possibly pre order the game.
I dunno.
Maybe if it was a few weeks before release, I'd understand. But this seems a little far off.

Of course I'm not saying actually consider them disproven. I'm saying that we have a lot of evidence towards Palutena being in, so we should probably take it into account when looking at leaks. Of course it shouldn't be definitive. Of course it shouldn't be the deciding factor. But the fact remains that we have what appears to be an actual leak towards her being in the game, one that's far more credible than any other leak made so far.
Well, to our knowledge.
We can't just say it's legit cause "it looks like it" without anymore deciding factors.
For all we know, it could just be a decent looking picture. Unless Sakurai comes out and says it's legit, it's still just a leak. Not a legit, or fake leak. Just, a leak...

And remember, we all thought when ROB was revealed to be an enemy all hope was lost.
No turning back, it's no use. Anyone else still hoping was just baseless. And look what happened.

It also should be noted that Palutena was pretty much always included in leaks up until the event demo guy saying she was an assist trophy. The fact that almost literally overnight every leak suddenly started making her an assist trophy should really be kept in mind. It shows how so many of these 'leakers' are just jumping on the bandwagon.
I guess "leakers" have their fads too.

I don't get the Smash Bros Challenger part. Also I'm cool with this except for Toad, mii and Pikmin Britanny.
IMO, the only Mario character that has a slight chance is Dr. Mario (cause veteran). I don't think Sakurai would over-saturate the game with Mario newcomers.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Toad
Rosalina
Tetra
DixieKong
Ridley
MegaMewtwo
WiiFitTrainer
PikminBrittany
Villager
MegaMan
SMASH BROS CHALLENGER
LittleMac
ChromLucina
Shulk
PrinceFluff
Takamaru
Pacman
Mii
KalosRivalSerena
Palutena
Who exactly is "SMASH BROS CHALLENGER"?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I like the roster, but that's a lot of newcomers. +1 than what brawl had. It would be nice if Sakurai was lying and we got a higher amount of newcomers this time, even if by just one. Princefluff seems like he'd be pretty unique too.

Who exactly is "SMASH BROS CHALLENGER"?
Not sure, maybe mewtwo?

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
SMASH BROS CHALLENGER....
!!!!!! COULD IT BE!?

NON-SPESCIFIC ACTION FIGURE!!!! :O

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29

MASTER LEAK!
I can believe this and it's reasoning. This roster sounds pretty good assuming there is no cuts (besides Snake, I'd understand if they didn't put him in again.)

EDIT: Could we get a link to this page? Thanks.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

MASTER LEAK!
You know, I'll say this right now.
A pet peeve of mine is whenever someone says "Mewtwo's a newcomer!"
Yeah well you can't be a newcomer when you've appeared in an existing game.

But on topic it's okay. Though it does sound more like a wishlist...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Has anyone noticed that, after scores of GameFAQs and Smashboards leaks were mowed down en masse by the one-two punch of Little Mac and Diddy, the leakers have started taking to 4chan, where they're harder to trace?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
24 newcomers? I wish, but I highly, highly doubt anything close to that will happen.
What I don't get is King Mii. Why him instead of just "Mii"?

Has anyone noticed that, after scores of GameFAQs and Smashboards leaks were mowed down en masse by the one-two punch of Little Mac and Diddy, the leakers have started taking to 4chan, where they're harder to trace?
The times they are a changin'.

Last edited:

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Well, I knew it was fake but I tried to entertain him by asking him what design does Ridley use...

and he answered me with this:

Well played, eniGma.4. Well played...

Here's the link to the thread if you're interested:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/233980481#p233984616

It redirects you to my post.
Looks like there's another guy posting with the same username as the original leaker.

D

Deleted member

So we got Palutena in the BG, and this stage doesn't look similar to Skyworld, but what is wrong with Pit's wings?

EDIT: Lol on closer inspection it's Brawl Pit, i think. Due to his feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Let's call this the 'Tim Leak' cause the "I hope you enjoyed your time at Nintendo, Tim" comment made me lol.

I realized that half of the posts under his name was not him so, I decided to dissect it for you guys.

Tim Leak:

Newcomers:
+Paper Mario
+Dixie Kong
+Vaati
+Mewtwo - Will play like the Melee Mewtwo
+Bandanna Dee
+Ridley - He states he uses the Other M Design
+Black Shadow
+Palutena
+Hades
+Shulk
+Isaac
+Chibi-Robo
+Chrom
+Takamaru
+Lip
+Prince Sable
+Donbe & Hikari
+King Mii
+Pac Man

-Snake is back.
-Claims the game was originally going to have only 12 newcomers.
-Saki was considered, didn't make the cut.
-The Hyrule Castle N64 stage is coming back, to be used for Ganondorf's reveal.
-Sakurai is aware of the Palutena leak because it is real.
-Ray MK is still a AT, Sakurai stated that he was too small to be playable.
-Lucas is back.
-Sakurai hates Project M.
-Might cut Ike.

Release date: December 2014 - Q1 2015

Will update as he posts, enjoy!

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
In response to why Ray (Custom Robo) isn't playable.

:/

EDIT: could be the guy toying with his name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom