• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry that sounds too fake

Some of the newcomers are rediculous

I mean monster hunter the slime that's just not even possible even though the slime was in the worlds first smash 4 rumor which was fake in a instant.
Even so we have a live rumor that wasn't killed by little mac with slime in it.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Have you guys heard about this? He said some guy that went to his school that works at Gamestop says gamestop got a fall release window for smash.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68698251
I went to Gamestop today to finish paying off my DS2 preorder and decided to preorder Mario Kart 8 too since it has a release date now.

Anyways when I asked to preorder MK8, the guy behind the counter turned out to be someone I knew from High School and said something like "Oh man good call, not enough people are preordering Wii U games. You gonna preorder Bayonetta 2 or Smash while you're at it?"

I said I wait until games get a confirmed release date to preorder them and he offhandedly replied with "well I don't know about Bayonetta 2, but I know we just got a Fall release window for Smash."

It's only Gamestop and just because I knew the guy doesn't really lend him anymore credibility, so take this as you will but take it with a grain of salt.

Personally I think it adds up what with Target already making preorder cards available and Wii online ending on May 20th despite Brawl's successor still not being released.
The user that posted it isn't a new account, so I guess that gives it some credibility, but its Gamestop..

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
AT upgraded to characters?
Saki, Issac, or Ray MKIII are the only ones I can see being in due to these ones being from games where they are in combat more often than the others, if they even are.

My two cents speculations on that leak.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Pfft am I stupid or does that 4chan guy say in his third post they have 13 people working on the game

EDIT: Also honestly at this point I feel like any leak without Palutena is BS. I mean, we already have a seemingly legitimate leak of her. Seriously, I think when a freaking visual leak goes this long without anyone being able to debunk it, we have a very probable legitimate leak on our hands.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Pfft am I stupid or does that 4chan guy say in his third post they have 13 people working on the game

EDIT: Also honestly at this point I feel like any leak without Palutena is BS. I mean, we already have a seemingly legitimate leak of her. Seriously, I think when a freaking visual leak goes this long without anyone being able to debunk it, we have a very probable legitimate leak on our hands.
Palutena hasn't official been confirmed so we can't debunk anything though it does look pretty legit

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

People don't include Lady Palutena in their leaks cuz they wanna be different! They don't conform to your expectations! They ain't a part of your system, man!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't discard a leak because it doesn't include a character I like. I discard it because it doesn't include an obvious choice.
Palutena is pretty much a shoo in at this point.
Little Mac is confirmed now, so I was right about that.
It's asinine not to include Mewtwo.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Honestly, anybody during pre-Brawl speculation would have said the same thing about any list with R.O.B. in it, and most without Mewtwo.

Don't bring your personal preferences into this unless you want to be disappointed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just don't see 3 Kid Icarus getting 3 reps, and there's much more likely characters for the 5th rep.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We hadn't seen Palutena's actual role though, the picture leak does not clarify if it's a character or AT.
Yes it does. Her fingers man. her fingers. Those are the fingers of a playable character. If she were an assist then her fingers would be glued.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I think he means 13 working on the localization of the game, which is really just translating the game's text.

Yeah she's pretty much in the game at this point.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yes it does. Her fingers man. her fingers. Those are the fingers of a playable character. If she were an assist then her fingers would be glued.
This means absolutely nothing. If we got an AT that actually used their fingers, their fingers would not be glued. Unglued fingers =/= playable character

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Pretty bold leak including Tom Nook and Masked Man (who a lot of people expected to be in brawl). I don't buy it though with him answering questions and all. It seems like he was answering question until he got too bored and just left. Were all those "leaks" with slime from different people?

And um... what is this? http://umsauthorlava.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=1
-= DKC event Beta Testers =-

- Testers were not allowed to take photos or videos.
- Testers were picked randomly at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, during the Donkey Kong event.

- Veterans include Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and Mewtwo.
- Newcomers include Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, Palutena, and Hades.
- Mega Man's Final Smash uses the Rush Armor upgrade.
- Villager's Final Smash summons bees.
- Assist Trophies will not have outlines like the playables do.
- Assist Trophies include Waluigi, Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter. and Eggplant Wizard.
- Skull Kid attacks by bringing the moon down, almost like how Snorlax works.
- There was conflicting points about Palutena being an Assist Trophy. It wasn't stated which was true.
- There will be a new Donkey Kong Country stage, as well as the Underworld from Kid Icarus.

= MY DOUBTS =
- Roy, as well as the bit about not being able to decide if Palutena is a playable or an AT.

= TRUST KILLERS =
- Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Roy, and/or Mewtwo are not in.
- Isaac, Takamaru, Ghirahim, and/or Hades are not in.
- Palutena is not in, neither as a playable or an Assist Trophy.
- Final Smashes for Mega Man and/or Villager are different.
- Assist Trophies have outlines.
- Kamek, King Hippo, Prince Sable, Duck Hunter, and/or Eggplant Wizard are not included in Assist Trophies.
- Skull Kid does not bring down the moon.
- There is no Donkey Kong Country stage or an Underworld stage.

This guy has some sort of blog where he keeps track of leaks, or get's sent them? I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, I believe another DKC beta tester leaked information to him and it listed some newcomers as well, which is what we haven't seen from a leak. I feel like we've seen this leak before but I can't really remember...
Edit: "Rumor 2" sounds like the guy who was here a while ago who's friend supposedly had information but was just pulling his tail in the end. I'm still a bit confused as to if this is just a compilation or not.

I dont get his "TRUST KILLERS" bits... he debunks these rumors as if he knows the actual roster. Is that right?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
While the Palutena leak is indeed convincing due to the failure of anyone to effectively debunk it, we can never rule out the possibility of a talented image editor/modeler investing a great deal of time in toying with the Smash community.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This means absolutely nothing. If we got an AT that actually used their fingers, their fingers would not be glued. Unglued fingers =/= playable character
I don't see how any AT would use their fingers specifically. But specifically what would Palutena use her fingers for? nothing... thats what. She would just hold her staff. Seeing as how the assist trophies for the Wii U (a more powerful and capable system than the 3ds) uses glued fingers for Waluigi (who holds a tennis racket) and Ashley (who holds a staff too) I don't think they would arbitrarily use a more complex model on an item for a system with a weaker power. Especially since there have been complications with actual characters like Ice Climbers. So all this to say the Palutena leak shows her as a character and not an assist trophy.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
He has a point, though. Even Waluigi's hands are glued together, and that's on the Wii U version. Same for both Ashley and Skull Kid, even though SK is in a position that would normally have fingers spread.

EDIT: Just went back and looked at those pics again, and she's more detailed than Waluigi's Wii U model. I think it's pretty safe to call her playable in them.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
3 KI characters is a possibility since there are very plausible candidates to choose from in Uprising, it's not impossible.

Still doesn't fully confirm her role.
3 Kid Icarus characters? I wish they are Pit, Palutena, and Medusa... the classic trio!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't think a series should get more reps then they have games.
Understandable, but technically speaking 3 KI characters is about as many KI games there are out there rather than more.

Also, as I mentioned before, if those images are indeed real and she ISN'T playable, I'll leave the Smashboards forever. You can count me on that

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's nice. Sit down.
Just wait till Hades appears again in the next KI game. :smirk:

While the Palutena leak is indeed convincing due to the failure of anyone to effectively debunk it, we can never rule out the possibility of a talented image editor/modeler investing a great deal of time in toying with the Smash community.
The guy must've taken 2 months to make that. :p
It's not that easy to make an original model for Palutena.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just wait till Hades appears again in the next KI game. :smirk:

The guy must've taken 2 months to make that. :p
It's not that easy to make an original model for Palutena.
If we ever get a new Kid Icarus game within the next 25 years. :troll:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I guarantee you, if Sakurai reveals Ridley as playable.

It might as well be the biggest sh*tstorm in video game history...

So many people are either TOTALLY for Ridley or aggressively against him in. All these fake leaks show their feelings towards him. I could actually imagine this going down in history for most hype/anti-hype for one game ever.

D

Deleted member

It won't be Tingle, he has a sizeable hatedom that I doubt Sakurai will go against. He'll almost certainly return as an assist though. (or a background stage character)

I really can't imagine F-Zero getting a second rep (considering how poorly Nintendo has treated the series as of late) especially one that just seems to wave a sword around.

Isaac vs Saki

That's what I'm thinking. Barbara and Ray are hard to judge, I wouldn't count them out completely.
-If Sakurai honestly gave a damn about the hatebase, Tingle wouldn't even be an Assist.

-Nintendo's "poor treatment" of a franchise or character is not reflective of what Sakurai will do. Ask any Mega Man fan about the way Capcom's been treating him as of late, and they'll tell you they've been treating him like ****. Didn't stop him from showing up in Smash.

-If F-Zero "being treated poorly" would prevent someone like Goroh, Nintendo's treatment of Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun damn well would prevent Isaac and Saki, both of which aren't protagonists in the latest games that received little "love" from the big N.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to come off as rude. I apologize if you take it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am neutral towards Ridley... so I would just shrug if I see Ridley confirmed... though I would be disappointed that I didn't get to witness the butthurt epidemic all over the Internet. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am neutral towards Ridley... so I would just shrug if I see Ridley confirmed... though I would be disappointed that I didn't get to witness the butthurt epidemic all over the Internet. :troll:
To be fair, that's why a lot of us are half-hoping he's in...

Gaxel

Smash Ace
It would be so 50/50 lel. You get rage either way.

I can't wait till Zoroark, Bandanna Dee, Geno and Toad get deconfirmed and not even mentioned in SSB.

Fact: Any leak that mentions any 4 of those as playable is 100% fake..

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I can't wait till Zoroark, Bandanna Dee, Geno and Toad get deconfirmed and not even mentioned in SSB.

Toad is already deconfirmed and he still appears in SSB4.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Except Sakurai hasn't flatted out stated it regarding 3 of those characters.
Also if were seriously dismissing Zoroark because his time has passed, that's honestly not a valid argument.. :facepalm:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Except Sakurai hasn't flatted out stated it regarding 3 of those characters.
Also if were seriously dismissing Zoroark because his time has passed, that's honestly not a valid argument.. :facepalm:
Zoroark will most likely not be playable in the next game because it is obvious that Mewtwo has a higher priority with his new mega evolutions.

I don't see it possible having Zoroark whatsoever in the game because he is last gen and if he's going to make someone playable that is not Mewtwo, it'll probably be an updated pokemon trainer with 6th gen starters or a psuedo legendary from 6th gen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Zoroark could still be playable. I mean it'snot likely but he could. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what does people think of the gamestop leak, would they actually know before it was public knowledge? I hope not because a fall leak is pretty much q4 because winter really does not begin until dec 20 something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom