• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!
Something from Saki's page on the Brawl dojo. I guess it means Sakurai could consider Saki for playable status this time around. How has support for Saki changed since Brawl?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just because you can make a damn move set for someone doesn't mean they have a chance in hell
^^^^^^^This

It amazes me that people can believe leaks that have a character with a "unique moveset" stinkin Luma has a moveset! Literally any character can get a moveset. I'm sure theres a support thread somewhere (probably on GameFaqs) for Goomba giving him a moveset. If a character has a moveset that doesn't mean jack diddly SQUAT!(sorry for the foul language). Interesting characters don't make for a solid leak. Its all about relevance ( Jk not bringing that up again). Sakurai picks who sakurai picks. We can't really predict this crazy guy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Star Successor tanked how? Just in terms of sales? I thought the game was pretty damn solid & fun and I just checked it's reviews and it's got many 8/10+ 4/5+.
Yep, sales. Only about 400,000 world wide with only about 60,000 in Japan. Like the Legendary Starfy, it was in bargain bins within months of being released.

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
Just speculation on my part, but I think Sakurai would add Matthew and Isa Jo instead of their fathers.

D

Deleted member

Via VGCharts:
Sin & Punishment - 0.1 million
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - 0.4 million
Don't use VGChartz. They aren't reliable.

They have Wind Waker HD as .86mil, when its well known its sold over 1mil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yep, sales. Only about 400,000 world wide with only about 60,000 in Japan. Like the Legendary Starfy, it was in bargain bins within months of being released.
That's a shame... I got Starfy DS for $25 at the store I work at... this was back in December 2009. It was pretty good... maybe we need to show Nintendo our support for Starfy games when Starfy GBA games come out on Wii U eShop... assuming Nintendo localizes them...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How has support for Saki changed since Brawl?
Fairly certain it's gone down quite a bit. Didn't notice it much back in the day either, but these days he's like the oddball cousin of Shulk and Isaac.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Uh, this took like 5 seconds to find:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62304489#post62304489

The only thing that might be BS about it is that half of the characters weren't shown at E3, but I still personally believe the leak.
...You're kidding? This is what's caused the uproar? This can't really be it. I won't accept that.
THE GUY SAID MY UNLIKELY PREDICTIONS. That in no way implies a leak. He just predicted. Everyone is ******** if that's the case.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
...You're kidding? This is what's caused the uproar? This can't really be it. I won't accept that.
THE GUY SAID MY UNLIKELY PREDICTIONS. That in no way implies a leak. He just predicted. Everyone is ******** if that's the case.
shhh. Hush now. It'll be alright. Smash boards is just being smash boards.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Fairly certain it's gone down quite a bit. Didn't notice it much back in the day either, but these days he's like the oddball cousin of Shulk and Isaac.
It was kind of low back then and barely existent now. Even Isa Jo doesn't have that much support.
From what I understand, the only real Saki support came from Japan. Has it dropped there as well?

D

Deleted member

Can we not use this word, please?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Your kidding <controversial issue> is a controversial issue?! WHAT IDIOTS?! <side of controversial issue> is obviously correct!

-.- Because those forest fires really needed someone to fan the flames. If people believe, let them believe.

Anyway, it's hard to form much of an opinion of the leak involving the new "NES remix" as it was somewhat guessable but not that guessable. It's passable enough to keep an eye on. Though it does seem like Lucario was revealed for Brawl's anniversary.

Last edited:

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
You must have missed the part where the same guy posted an article regarding his post and that he had been tipped off about those newcomers before E3. Or something like that.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
He later said that he had actually received a tip off from someone else and he had called it a "prediction" because he wasn't sure of the legitimacy/was screwing around. You can believe or not believe that but it WAS claimed to be a leak by the poster, not just a prediction.

Edit: Ninjaed.

As far as Saki is concerned, I think his main chance is in the fact that judging from the dojo Sakurai really wants him in, and if Sakurai is keen enough on the idea he might put him in popularity be damned. Also pre-brawl popularity might be a bigger deal than people think, since it's possible that's where they're drawing from to look for characters for this game, with the exception of newer characters like Rosalina of course. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not the thread for it
Any scandalous developments on these leaks?
Zelda, Link, Peach and Mario fight each other while naked, in the new AO Rated Smash Brothers 4, Its being released at 2am in 3days.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I understand that people are tired of there being not much new developments, but this isn't the place to go off-topic, argue about sales/Assist Trophies, etc..

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There is a new leak when there is a new leak. Why don't you guys just discuss some other stuff in the other threads in the meantime and then check back later?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sometimes the best solution is the most straightforward solution my good man.

Better then derailing the thread even further with off topic stuff and annoying the mods even further.
Now, while I'm not defending off-topics. I will say it's inevitable.
Heck even with how the Miiverse, or even the character discussion thread is, there's still those moments (heck, I've seen mods mess up).
I don't think more rules will stop it completely.

I'm not blaming it on us, or even you guys. It's the community in general.
We all slip up. We can try, and trust me we have. But you can't blame a man for slipping up.
We're not perfect. We make errors. We slip up.

Now, I'm not saying a total anarchy, or that moderation is useless, and should be stopped.
But I think we may need a reconsideration. Obviously more rules doesn't stop it. Maybe something else.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Some people were talking about a Saki leak, but I don't have the source, and, let's face it, we need not discuss it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Now, while I'm not defending off-topics. I will say it's inevitable.
Heck even with how the Miiverse, or even the character discussion thread is, there's still those moments (heck, I've seen mods mess up).
I don't think more rules will stop it completely.

I'm not blaming it on us, or even you guys. It's the community in general.
We all slip up. We can try, and trust me we have. But you can't blame a man for slipping up.
We're not perfect. We make errors. We slip up.

Now, I'm not saying a total anarchy, or that moderation is useless, and should be stopped.
But I think we may need a reconsideration. Obviously more rules doesn't stop it. Maybe something else.
Well yeah, of course slipping up is inevitable, I'm not holding you guys out to that. Although if you do notice the thread getting a little too off track for its own good, do try to assist bringing it back on topic if you can, wether it's by bringing up something that brings the thread back on track or just suggesting everyone to get back on topic.

Anyway, this talk in itself is kinda getting off topic so we might as well get it back on the Rumours and Leaks again. Feel free to discuss this further with me through PM if you wish.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hm, Waluigi

Soon.
To be fair, he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl...

Anyway, this talk in itself is kinda getting off topic so we might as well get it back on the Rumours and Leaks again. Feel free to discuss this further with me through PM if you wish.
Eh, I don't mind.
Depends on you...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I understand that people are tired of there being not much new developments, but this isn't the place to go off-topic, argue about sales/Assist Trophies, etc..
Are we able to discuss sales and assist trophies if it pertains to credibility/likeliness of rumours/leaks? Sometimes just a little bit of discussion on those things help with determining the likeliness of rumours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are we able to discuss sales and assist trophies if it pertains to credibility/likeliness of rumours/leaks? Sometimes just a little bit of discussion on those things help with determining the likeliness of rumours.
Thats what I thought the point of discussing the S&P sales were for, to try to determine how likely Saki would be to become a character, but hey what do i know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hm, Waluigi

Soon.
I'm watching you, ya cocky liar. Waluigi was easy to predict as an AT. He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and I'm pretty sure no one saw him getting in as playable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Me, now: I think Brash the Bear would be a cool character.

*After E3, five years later*

Those in Denial: Brash the Bear was an unlikely guess, but still a possible one!

As a matter of fact, I've "talked about" Brash the Bear, a character from a series that is heavily focused-upon for Smash newcomers, twice now in a high-profile thread with hundreds of viewers each day. This is in comparison to one guy who "talked about" WFT once in a four-post topic that was buried and forgotten about until it was dug up by people who, in fact, were looking to fact-check the denier claims that people were "talking about" her, not those deniers themselves (this being indicative of them talking out of their arses as usual, of course).

Point being, Brash the Bear is officially now easier to guess than the Wii Fit Trainer was.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Going back to the 2 At leaks, if it is true, why has not one person given thought to Knuckle Joe? He's from one of Sakurai's series and is a "bigger" deal than a common enemy. He's also in the next Kirby game as-well.

However I doubt he'd get in.

Now, could a Nintendo announcement be classified as a leak? I'm sure you all know about the WFC being shut down May 20th and this implies to me a Smash release for Wii U in the summer since there's no chance Nintendo would leave the fans of Online Brawl in the dust (despite the completely bad connection it has).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom