• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That brings up an interesting point regarding that rumor.

Why is R.O.B. THAT low on the priority list?

I mean Sakurai wants him in. Same with Roy. They'd probably be out due to time. So why would R.O.B be that low?
Let's say that rumor is legit. It is impossible to tell what Sakurai things and all that. ^^ I mean, he first said the Villager couldn't be in Smash, but now he is. It is possible he didn't care enough for ROB to make him a high priority (aww), but decided to make DLC for him since that way, people would get him back, AND it wouldn't take up dev time on all the things he prefered to work on during Smash 4's development.

Either way, ROB better be in. And I almost wants a Mr. Tetris character, just because. XD

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
also I think there need's to be an exception for the leaks that said diddy will be the next character shown. it is possible that they only knew of characters that be shown on the site. directs are largely unpredictable to predict and it could have thrown the date off.

Let's say that rumor is legit. It is impossible to tell what Sakurai things and all that. ^^ I mean, he first said the Villager couldn't be in Smash, but now he is. It is possible he didn't care enough for ROB to make him a high priority (aww), but decided to make DLC for him since that way, people would get him back, AND it wouldn't take up dev time on all the things he prefered to work on during Smash 4's development.

Either way, ROB better be in. And I almost wants a Mr. Tetris character, just because. XD
if the game is to come out as late as the leaker claims no character should be cut right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
With all these crazy rumors making up characters based on Nintendo's past (Ms. Tetris, Hanafuda, Diskun) I'm really surprised there hasn't been a rumor mentioning the Game Boy.
Oh my god, it's perfect. He would be all light green, move erratically, and use attacks from, say, Mole Mania, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Super Mario Land, etc.

Chase

Smash Ace
The GaeozHero leak has been disproven. Febuary is over and Little Mac does not use Tetris blocks to fight.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The GaeozHero leak has been disproven. Febuary is over and Little Mac does not use Tetris blocks to fight.
Wait...there was a leak that said Little Mac used Tetris Blocks to fight? Man, the drugs on the streets are getting more and more trippy if someone came up with that bull****.

Chase

Smash Ace
Wait...there was a leak that said Little Mac used Tetris Blocks to fight? Man, the drugs on the streets are getting more and more trippy if someone came up with that bull****.
The leak said that a newcomer revealed in February would use Tetris Blocks.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
The leak said that a newcomer revealed in February would use Tetris Blocks.
I believe they were referring to Professor Layton. There was an incident where a twitter account that made tweets about him in "some fighting tournament", or that he, hypothetically, was in Smash Bros. He was updating with his experiences from the battles, and what he saw. Everyone thought this was advertisement for SSB WiiU/3DS before it was announced, but the account ended up being fan made despite being convincing. It was believed that he would use puzzle elements to fight. His announcement would've surely been aligned with his new game, PL:TAL that just released for the 3DS. There was no news of his debut, hence, that leak has been buried.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Oh my god, it's perfect. He would be all light green, move erratically, and use attacks from, say, Mole Mania, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Super Mario Land, etc.
Why does no one want the Virtual Boy :( I mean, at least that thing has legs.

bs957

Smash Rookie
Regarding the NES Remix 2 leak, I love how most people who commented on there were to busy raging over the unreleased pokebank then the leak itself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I belive both NES (or Famicom) remixes are releasing in Japan as a disc so that'd help the IC's case.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In simpler terms, this leak states:

Two AT's from Brawl have been made playable.
There is another Mario Newcomer, who will be unlockable.
No newcomers for Zelda - Tingle is an assist.
Ridley is playable. He was hard to design.
Palutena is an AT. She has a forcefield surrounding her that acts as a counter. When you hit her, she fires a beam at you.
Meta Knight and Wolf have been changed, and are very different.
There are no cut characters.
There are two Final Smashes for each character. A low percentage one and a high percentage one. Apparently we see evidence of this in Mega Man's trailer.
There will be costumes for certain characters.
There will be 5 Melee stages and 5 Brawl stages.
Stage Builder has a lot of new options such as texture.
There will be DLC for Stage Builder
Grima (FE:A) is an AT who works similar to Andross
Before E3 we'll get 2 veterans/newcomers per month.
Not much music has been composer for the game. The main theme is hidden in the E3 trailer.
We'll get two newcomers at E3
Hidden newcomers are to be revealed after launch.
We'll know the launch date within the next two months.
A second Mario newcomer who is unlockable? I wish that newcomer is Toad... and one of the Melee stages is Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)... this way, we can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad in a SMB2 stage.

Little Mac was an Assist Trophy who is now playable... who's the second one? I would laugh if the second AT-turned-newcomer turns out to be the Labrador Retriever... it would explain why the French Bulldog is the new Nintendogs Assist Trophy.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Yoshi eats people, then poops them out as a egg. Undigested, even!

However, Ridley eating people wouldn't make sense. What happens after he eats them? Would it be a 1 Hit Ko? Does that 'KO explosion' effects emerge from Ridley's jaws? :/ Him spitting them out would be extremely silly. No, Ridley wouldn't 'eat people' in a Smash game.

And after over half a year, I am even more sure he is finally playable. But that's for Another thread~

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68491891 Does it make sense I keep track of this one since it got the Nes Remix thing right? I mean, it gives it SOME credibility, right?
No, he already got one thing wrong in there: Lucario wasn't revealed to celebrate Pokemon Bank, he was revealed for Brawl's anniversary (which was specifically stated in the Miiverse update he was revealed in).

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Maybe he meant that Lucario was chooses for Brawl's Anniversary because they wanted to promote the Bank as well? I mean, or else they could have easily picked any other Brawl character, right?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No, he already got one thing wrong in there: Lucario wasn't revealed to celebrate Pokemon Bank, he was revealed for Brawl's anniversary (which was specifically stated in the Miiverse update he was revealed in).
To be fair it was never outright stated he was revealed for the anniversary, it was assumed that was the case because of the timing and the quote talking about his development. Reasonably it could've been the bank as the week before and after, Japan and the western world got access to it and it would explain why he was chosen over the other Brawl veterans.

Not saying we should believe the leak of course, but I don't think that little statement means much in the long run as we don't know for sure why Lucario was shown, we just have guesses.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
To be fair it was never outright stated he was revealed for the anniversary, it was assumed that was the case because of the timing and the quote talking about his development. Reasonably it could've been the bank as the week before and after, Japan and the western world got access to it and it would explain why he was chosen over the other Brawl veterans.

Not saying we should believe the leak of course, but I don't think that little statement means much in the long run as we don't know for sure why Lucario was shown, we just have guesses.
Sounds an awful lot like it's an anniversary reveal, to me. But he didn't say, "Here is Lucario because it is Brawl's anniversary."

Sakurai said:
  • Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Why are you all giving this credibility it doesn't deserve? When I hear "later this year", that means LATER, like a few months later, not 1 month later.

Plus, the quote basically confirms Lucario was revealed for Brawl and not Pokebank.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sounds an awful lot like it's an anniversary reveal, to me. But he didn't say, "Here is Lucario because it is Brawl's anniversary."
It doesn't fully state, which is all I'm saying. It's trivia related to it and we can assume that's the case, but it's not fully stated in its capacity and thus can be attributed to something else.

Plus it also ignores the possibility that he was revealed for both as I mentioned in the post, it would explain him being picked over someone like Ike or ROB.

Why are you all giving this credibility it doesn't deserve? When I hear "later this year", that means LATER, like a few months later, not 1 month later.

Plus, the quote basically confirms Lucario was revealed for Brawl and not Pokebank.
That's the type of thinking that got us in trouble with the Brawl leaks. We're not giving it more credibility, we're just not throwing it out completely as we don't know the full circumstances of the reveal. He could've been revealed for Pokebank, could've been for Brawl's anniversary, hell it could've been for both. We don't know and until we can either confirm or deconfirm his information we can't fully throw it out.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It doesn't fully state, which is all I'm saying. It's trivia related to it and we can assume that's the case, but it's not fully stated in its capacity and thus can be attributed to something else.

Plus it also ignores the possibility that he was revealed for both as I mentioned in the post, it would explain him being picked over someone like Ike or ROB.
Yes, I'm agreeing. Still, who the cares if a leak can predict a Veteran? We can to do that with some success so it doesn't mean **** if a leak gets it. Show me one that accurately predicts the next Newcomer, that will actually have some merit.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yes, I'm agreeing. Still, who the cares if a leak can predict a Veteran? We can to do that with some success so it doesn't mean **** if a leak gets it. Show me one that accurately predicts the next Newcomer, that will actually have some merit.
I'd put it down to a leak that can predict the next newcomer without being a week before a direct. Leaks that predict directs a day before come because persistence with finding unlisted versions of the recording on YT and they are just people finding the Urls before the stream occurs.

Dairz

Smash Ace

Palutena is an AT. She has a forcefield surrounding her that acts as a counter. When you hit her, she fires a beam at you.
There are two Final Smashes for each character. A low percentage one and a high percentage one. Apparently we see evidence of this in Mega Man's trailer.
Not much music has been composer for the game. The main theme is hidden in the E3 trailer.
I would actually be pretty happy if this was true. (C'mon Toad..)

I don't recall anything even remotely similar to a Final Smash in Mega Man's trailer... Maybe the CG part with him using flame burst was his low percentage FS, and it gets super strong or something, because they used CG instead of gameplay...? I have no idea.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'd put it down to a leak that can predict the next newcomer without being a week before a direct. Leaks that predict directs a day before come because persistence with finding unlisted versions of the recording on YT and they are just people finding the Urls before the stream occurs.
Yeah. I agree with that. If they can give us a newcomer before the direct is even revealed that would be ideal.

On a similar note the E3 leak that suggested Megaman, Wii Fit, Village, Pacman, Little Mac and Mii (that people refuse to give up hope on) fails to seem real to me for a similar reason. No one I've spoken to was aware of said leak prior to E3 and I can't seem to find the original post. Screams bull**** to me.

Last edited:

LazerRage

Smash Cadet

While I really don't hold stock in a lot of "leaks," I do suspect at LEAST one other Assist and/or boss from Brawl to become playable... I mean it would make sense since those characters were already considered worthy of being represented. Maybe AT's like Little Mac made it in because they've "worked hard" enough by being prominently featured in a game since the release of Brawl?

Please don't say "WALUIGI WAS IN GAMES SINCE THEN" because I will shut you down with this quote from the Waluigi Wikipedia page:
"He [Waluigi] is seen as less than legitimate by Nintendo internally. His first appearances were in the sports games made by Camelot, who thrust the half-baked villain on the world. [...] He has yet to appear in a core Mario game, and also never appears in his brother Wario's titles, perhaps because Nintendo thinks he’s not good enough for them." - GamesRadar

Have there been any others since then?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Fair enough, I do personally like to know which veterans are coming back as well (since it does mention cuts) but I can understand that it's not something that really catches interest.

Agreed, that would easily get us on board.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
That brings up an interesting point regarding that rumor.

Why is R.O.B. THAT low on the priority list?

I mean Sakurai wants him in. Same with Roy. They'd probably be out due to time. So why would R.O.B be that low?
This was obviously made by someone who didn't want R.O.B. in Smash.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
R.O.B. wasn't exactly a high priority newcomer in Brawl, looking at their listing in the files. Not to say I think these new leaks without him are legitimate, but it's not an impossible scenario that he'd be left out due to time limitations. It wouldn't be the first time a character everyone deemed 'safe' was left out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
R.O.B. wasn't exactly a high priority newcomer in Brawl, looking at their listing in the files. Not to say I think these new leaks without him are legitimate, but it's not an impossible scenario that he'd be left out due to time limitations. It wouldn't be the first time a character everyone deemed 'safe' was left out.
Then why was he so damn integral to the story of the SSE?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
But the only truly low-priority newcomers in Brawl were Toon Link and Wolf.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
But the only truly low-priority newcomers in Brawl were Toon Link and Wolf.
And Jigglypuff

All of the files except for the forbidden 7 and Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link were actually ordered in a specific way, so looking at their listing in the data would not allow you to determine anything about their priority.

The only characters that were not ordered were the 10 aforementioned and thus are the ones that can be considered to be "low priority".

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Then why was he so damn integral to the story of the SSE?
Seconded. If he was so unimprtant, why is he in the SSE as both an enemy and a character, and in the background of the F-Zero stage?

The only one's from Brawl that could be considered 'low-priority' are the "Forbidden 7".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All of the files except for the forbidden 7 and Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link were actually ordered in a specific way, so looking at their listing in the data would not allow you to determine anything about their priority.
What order were those 10 in anyway?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Seconded. If he was so unimprtant, why is he in the SSE as both an enemy and a character, and in the background of the F-Zero stage?

The only one's from Brawl that could be considered 'low-priority' are the "Forbidden 7".
I'm not really backing up the claim that he wasn't high priority, but they could've easily have had him all over the place and towards the end said "**** it might as well make him playable at this point". Just a thought

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

R.O.B. has always been on that stage, he wasn't just added in for Brawl's sake.

Its in F-Zero GX. Port Town stage was (ironically) ported from F-Zero GX to Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
A second Mario newcomer who is unlockable? I wish that newcomer is Toad... and one of the Melee stages is Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)... this way, we can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad in a SMB2 stage.

Little Mac was an Assist Trophy who is now playable... who's the second one? I would laugh if the second AT-turned-newcomer turns out to be the Labrador Retriever... it would explain why the French Bulldog is the new Nintendogs Assist Trophy.

I actually really like this leak. It's vague, but has some solid info in there that, if true, could potentially prove it to be accurate. Though honestly, this all sounds too good to be true. That's a LOT of content for the game.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Isaac comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom