• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Can we please name this one the Neato Fabulous leak?
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1393638211/1-40
It's starting to get hard to believe any rumor now. They might leak real info and I would still be suspicious.
I didn't know there was a Custom Robo coming out for 3DS. Neato. What makes this less believable is the fact that Ghirahim would need to use different weapons for those 3 costumes and I doubt Sakurai would make a character with THREE different forms, specially if they're not switchable. I'd like to see Ghirahim as a playable character though. That would be fabulous.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley eats people?

Just lol....

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I am fine with literally any leak that has Lady Palutena playable. Doesn't mean I believe them, but I'm fine with them. Anyway, I really don't believe any of the leaks recently posted here.

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
In simpler terms, this leak states:

Two AT's from Brawl have been made playable.
There is another Mario Newcomer, who will be unlockable.
No newcomers for Zelda - Tingle is an assist.
Ridley is playable. He was hard to design.
Palutena is an AT. She has a forcefield surrounding her that acts as a counter. When you hit her, she fires a beam at you.
Meta Knight and Wolf have been changed, and are very different.
There are no cut characters.
There are two Final Smashes for each character. A low percentage one and a high percentage one. Apparently we see evidence of this in Mega Man's trailer.
There will be costumes for certain characters.
There will be 5 Melee stages and 5 Brawl stages.
Stage Builder has a lot of new options such as texture.
There will be DLC for Stage Builder
Grima (FE:A) is an AT who works similar to Andross
Before E3 we'll get 2 veterans/newcomers per month.
Not much music has been composer for the game. The main theme is hidden in the E3 trailer.
We'll get two newcomers at E3
Hidden newcomers are to be revealed after launch.
We'll know the launch date within the next two months.
So this "leak" is killable by:
No AT from Brawl being playable aside from Little Mac
No other Mario newcomers.
Any newcomer for Zelda, such as Tingle and Ghirahim
Ridley not being playable
Palutena being playable or not in the game at all
Meta Knight and Wolf having the same moves
Any Brawl character being cut
A second Final Smash not being implemented when characters have higher damage
No alternate costumes
More or less than 5 stages from Melee and Brawl being back
No new features for Stage Builder, or no Stage Builder at all
Grima being anything else but an AT, or not in the game
Getting more or less than 2 veterans/newcomers per month until E3
A lot of original music or none at all
More or less than 2 newcomers being revealed in the E3 trailer
Hidden newcomers not getting revealed after launch or no hidden newcomers at all
Launch date not being revealed within the next 2 months

So if Wario, Yoshi and a newcomer are revealed this month this leak will be dead. Oh, Lady Palutena, save us!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Good news is sounds like the leaks lean more toward Ridley as a newcomer. Also this 2 AT became fighters leak is something to think about. Little Mac is obviously confirmed but that leaves another AT that got promoted....Jeff? Isaac? Saki? Dr.Wright? At lease its not Waluigi...
Def not Jeff and absolutely not Dr. Wright
Isaac is the only real viable option. Maybe Saki but he is probably a longshot.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
People need to stop saying they won't believe a leak if a certain character isn't on it. It's completely plausible that the character you want won't be added. Having Ridley, K.rool, or Pauletena does not make a leak any more credible, and nor does their absence. Same goes for those oddball characters most people haven't heard of. I will say though, I will die of laughter if any of the leaks about ridley or palutena being an assist come true.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
People need to stop saying they won't believe a leak if a certain character isn't on it. It's completely plausible that the character you want won't be added. Having Ridley, K.rool, or Pauletena does not make a leak any more credible, and nor does their absence. Same goes for those oddball characters most people haven't heard of. I will say though, I will die of laughter if any of the leaks about ridley or palutena being an assist come true.
I wouldn't believe a leak that said Mario was an assist trophy. But hey, thats just me. :p

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not saying I instantly believe any leak that has a character I want in it. I doubt everything. I'm just perfectly fine with the roster they propose if it has Lady Palutena in it.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
It would be pretty upsetting if Palutena just ends up as an AT. It would be a great way to have her as someone to represent both females a Kid Icarus. But we can all assume now that the pic is legit? At lease some sort of real Palu model does exist in this game.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
It would be pretty upsetting if Palutena just ends up as an AT. It would be a great way to have her as someone to represent both females a Kid Icarus. But we can all assume now that the pic is legit? At lease some sort of real Palu model does exist in this game.
Does anyone honestly think Kid goddamn Icarus deserves 2 reps though? I mean, I fully expect Palutena to be playable but only because of Sakurai's ties to the series. Objectively though, Kid Icarus playable representation should be Pit and Pit only.

Though clearly Earthbound shouldn't have 2 reps and Star Fox shouldn't have 3, so as we all know, smash bros has no rules.

Not saying I instantly believe any leak that has a character I want in it. I doubt everything. I'm just perfectly fine with the roster they propose if it has Lady Palutena in it.
He clearly meant unconfirmed characters. Even though you are joking

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
F-Zero has just one rep. Wario and Yoshi became franchises of their own. And Samus is still technically ONE character. We need more of their Franchises and less Pokémon. 3 Reps for each franchise would be perfect, maybe more for the popular ones.
And we're getting off topic.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
lol there are always exceptions I suppose. I'm just sick of seeing people let their wants and desires color their judgement.
Yea thats why I try to not be so attached to a character that I want. Even if its one character... No matter what a leak says they are all normally fake anyways. There are more reasons against a leak being real than the character I want not being playable. In fact a character that I want not being in it isn't a reason to disregard a leak at all. But if Palutena is said to not be playable in a leak it hurts just a little... I'd love to main a new character each game but the more newcomers that appear with this one the less likely i'll be able to do so.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Good news is sounds like the leaks lean more toward Ridley as a newcomer. Also this 2 AT became fighters leak is something to think about. Little Mac is obviously confirmed but that leaves another AT that got promoted....Jeff? Isaac? Saki? Dr.Wright? At lease its not Waluigi...
Andross
Barbara the Bat
Devil
Dr. Wright
Excitebike
Gray Fox
Hammer Bro.
Herilin
Infantry and Tanks
Isaac
Jill
Jeff Andonuts
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu
Lyn
Metroid
Mr. Resetti
Ray MK III
Samurai Goroh
Saki
Shadow the Hedgehog

If I were to bet, the "safe" choices are Isaac, Saki, Goroh or Ray. Any one of them would appeal to me.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is true...but not that it matters in this case. This 4chan leak is absolutely fake either way, just like 99% of the rumors posted on that site.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
F-Zero has just one rep. Wario and Yoshi became franchises of their own. And Samus is still technically ONE character. We need more of their Franchises and less Pokémon. 3 Reps for each franchise would be perfect, maybe more for the popular ones.
And we're getting off topic.
No, we do NOT need more F-Zero reps. What about that series warrants it getting more than one rep? The fact that you like it? With the newcomer count for this game probably being like 12 at most, the last thing we need is 3 F-Zero, Yoshi, and Wario reps. The focus should be on getting representation from new series not represented yet.

Though I agree with that fact that we don't need 57 pokemon reps

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
No, we do NOT need more F-Zero reps. What about that series warrants it getting more than one rep? The fact that you like it?
With the newcomer count for this game probably being like 12 at most, the last thing we need is 3 F-Zero, Yoshi, and Wario reps. The focus should be on getting representation from new series not represented yet.
Well I was just generalizing and did not think it through. I was thinking about all the franchises in general, but I had mostly Fire Emblem in my head at the moment. But I wouldn't mind a second character for Metroid and Kid Icarus, or third parties.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, we do NOT need more F-Zero reps. What about that series warrants it getting more than one rep? The fact that you like it? With the newcomer count for this game probably being like 12 at most, the last thing we need is 3 F-Zero, Yoshi, and Wario reps. The focus should be on getting representation from new series not represented yet.

Your right we need 150 instead :p. In all seriousness though i completely agree. Anyway i doubt that new ridley is an assist trophey, only because sakurai has gave us so many hints to him being playable, same with paultena.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If a second AT gets promoted to playable it's probably gonna be Isaac. Golden Sun totally deserves playable representation.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I'm really sick of Sakurai teasing Ridley, it's been six months now... He wouldn't hype him that much just to be a stage hazard...

He's getting more hype than Little Mac and Rosaluma combined.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The "leak" with the guy predicting NES Remix 2 is very interesting. Whether he's telling the truth or just got lucky is uncertain, but we'll find out when (or if) that new Game & Watch collection is announced.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
If I were to bet, the "safe" choices are Isaac, Saki, Goroh or Ray. Any one of them would appeal to me.
Actually, the second new character to upgrade from assist trophy is Bandana Hammer Bro.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope the leak that predicted nes remix 2 is fake, because if real a q4 seems likely :(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yoshi eats people, then poops them out as a egg. Undigested, even!

However, Ridley eating people wouldn't make sense. What happens after he eats them? Would it be a 1 Hit Ko? Does that 'KO explosion' effects emerge from Ridley's jaws? :/ Him spitting them out would be extremely silly. No, Ridley wouldn't 'eat people' in a Smash game.

And after over half a year, I am even more sure he is finally playable. But that's for Another thread~

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68491891 Does it make sense I keep track of this one since it got the Nes Remix thing right? I mean, it gives it SOME credibility, right?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Too many leaks. @_@

Yoshi eats people, then poops them out as a egg. Undigested, even!

However, Ridley eating people wouldn't make sense. What happens after he eats them? Would it be a 1 Hit Ko? Does that 'KO explosion' effects emerge from Ridley's jaws? :/ Him spitting them out would be extremely silly. No, Ridley wouldn't 'eat people' in a Smash game.

And after over half a year, I am even more sure he is finally playable. But that's for Another thread~

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68491891 Does it make sense I keep track of this one since it got the Nes Remix thing right? I mean, it gives it SOME credibility, right?
Brawl cuts aside from Snake, just seems fake to me. Most of the character's data can be imported to the new game from Brawl and save an immense amount of time that can be used to work on more newcomers to the series and for making balance tweaks.

But that's just based on my knowledge of video game development.
passed most of my classes in my first year, but still got academically suspended :facepalm::sadeyes:Embarrass

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Agreed that ROB being cut would be weird, but if this is true, it seems Sakurai wants him back, as he apparantly plans him for DLC. I could love with that. I would really hate seeing ROB out. I love that guy. Err, Robot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That brings up an interesting point regarding that rumor.

Why is R.O.B. THAT low on the priority list?

I mean Sakurai wants him in. Same with Roy. They'd probably be out due to time. So why would R.O.B be that low?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
There is another Mario Newcomer, who will be unlockable.
Eh, who would it be? Bowser Jr.? Paper Mario? I'm not against another Mario rep, but then again, I'm a die-hard Paper Mario fan soooooo :psycho:

Can we please name this one the Neato Fabulous leak?
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1393638211/1-40
Not sure how I feel about this. I'm not discrediting it due to Ridley being an Assist Trophy, but the way he described what he does. . .
Edit: Sorry for double post. I don't think I can delete this post and put it in the one above. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's a good manga!

Still, why would he do that as an AT?
Well, eating people is kinda his thing in terms of striking terror into the hearts of the ladies. At least that's what he said. I don't want Ridley to talk in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom