• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Obviously you don't know of the crazy amount of well... "adult content" some Star Fox fans have produced.
Obviously you don't know of the crazy amount of well... "adult content" some Pokemon fans have produced.
Obviously you don't know of the crazy amount of well... "adult content" some MARIO fans have produced.

it's not just KI.
Kid Icarus fans have produced more of that in the last 3 years than any of those fanbases. Star Fox's fanbase is dormant for the most part. Pokémon is so gigantic it is hard to keep things together (anime, manga, movies, card games, and especially the games with a thousand spin-offs. Mario is in a similar situation to Pokémon as well.

And if we're to do an accurate "fan to adult content" dealio, Kid Icarus wins by a lot.
It's on the OP.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did the original leaker say Palutena is an assist trophy? Can I have a link the original leak pleaseee
The original 4chan thread this was leaked in is loooong gone.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Yes.

Obviously you don't know of the crazy amount of well... "adult content" some Kid Icarus fans have produced.
I just searched up "Palutena" in google images and I already have seen Pit f***ing Palutena, at least 7 pictures of Palutena in a bikini, and.......oh god.......what is that.....

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
*cough*

it's really only the over-obsessed fans that are a problem. they are even a problem to the majority of the group, giving it a bad name. just a piece of my mind. dunno about homestuck tho
That's true. It's hard to like those things when the rest of the fanbase makes you look bad.

ON TOPIC NOW...

Fire Emblem may also help with either Lyn/Anna/Lucina.
We'll prolly get Chrom and only Chrom though.

Not to say it's impossible to not get like Chrom + Lucina or some other miracle like a dual character or like two separate characters one of which is a girl character or whatever.

Heck idk, we have enough women anyway.

EDIT: Oh, can someone tell me where on Battlefield the picture was supposedly taken?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know it's clearly off topic, but it's a subject I've wanted to put my 2 cents in for the longest, so I'm gonna be as brief as I can.

Street Fighter: Ryu and all "Shoto" clones.

Ken. Akuma. Dan. Allen. Kairi. Sean. All of them could be considered "Shoto clones", yet even as earlier as Super Street Fighter 2 did these kind of characters begin to exhibit attacks that differed considerably from the "original".

Focusing on Akuma, I'd still label him "Shoto clone". Not because he mirrors Ryu, but because his fighting style is ultimately a derivative of Ryu's style. Doesn't matter how many attacks he has that looks and behave like Ryu. It's all in the details, and not just purely visual details. There is a style, a certain combat approach that, despite looking different, feels very familiar between these fighters. If anything, above all the various and different ways these two fighters throw their fists and feet and special moves, you can always count on being able to throw a fireball, cut through the air with a spinning kick, and leap upwards with a fist grasping the sky. These are the cornerstones of the Street Fighter shoto style that these fighters base their combat techniques around.

And this is pretty much the relationship between Fox, Falco, and Wolf in Brawl. Wolf is effectively a derivative of Fox, moreso than Falco. Yes his normals look quite different, and his specials have a different flare to them. But it can't be denied there is a certain style and combative approach that remains very similar throughout.
False. Wolf is Feral, Fox is like kung-fu or something.

Wolf is slow and likes to fight with his claws and teeth and just get down right dirty.

Fox prefer Speed, range, and his legs.

They have 2 completely different play styles.

- The blaster
Wolf's still has different properties from Fox's. but sure that is 1.

- The reflector
Ok 2.

- The high-speed dash
Nope. Wolf's Dash attack is slow and awkward. Fox's isn't awkward and is fast.

- The aerial launch attack
Do you mean Usspecials? If so then that is 3.

- Side Smash: The straightforward hit. Quick and strong, focused directly in front of the characters, can't be angled
False. Wolf's is on the slow side, slides him considerably forward, and uses his claw, it's used as more of a surprise attack for Wolf as it is unreliably.

- Down Smash: The get off/clearing hit. Quickly targets both sides, pushes target away at a steep angle
False again. Wolf's Dsmash is his most reliable kill move, he prefers to use his reflector as his GTFO move.

- Up Smash: The launching kick attack. Sends targets straight up, sets up for aerial follow ups.q/quote]

Again false. While that is true for Wolf. Fox's Up Smash is his best kill move and is thus used accordingly.

Even then, those last 3 arguments can be made for many many different characters, not just Fox/Falco/Wolf.
If only the immediate visuals and attack effect is looked at, I can understand concluding that Wolf isn't any sort of clone or "luigification" of Fox. But that's not all one should look at. You have to actually play the characters, understand the basis of their fighting style. Wolf is pretty much to Fox what Akuma is to Ryu. Not visually equal, but counterparts in both personality and combat style.[/quote]

I have played Wolf and Fox. They have extremely different play styles. Hell even Falco in Brawl has a extremely different play style from Fox despite still being a semi-clone. Wolf's personality is feral and close and dirty. Fox is basically speed and legs.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Kid Icarus fans have produced more of that in the last 3 years than any of those fanbases. Star Fox's fanbase is dormant for the most part. Pokémon is so gigantic it is hard to keep things together (anime, manga, movies, card games, and especially the games with a thosaund spin-offs. Mario is in a similar situation to Pokémon as well.
how do you know all this exactly?

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus fans have produced more of that in the last 3 years than any of those fanbases. Star Fox's fanbase is dormant for the most part. Pokémon is so gigantic it is hard to keep things together (anime, manga, movies, card games, and especially the games with a thousand spin-offs. Mario is in a similar situation to Pokémon as well.

And if we're to do an accurate "fan to adult content" dealio, Kid Icarus wins by a lot.

It's on the OP.
Well You gotta realize that rule 34 is impossible to avoid regardless of the fanbase.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do we want all our female reps to be elegant, pretty, gals in dresses? (Besides samus)
Well, I mean I wouldn't particularly call Dixie elegant or pretty? I mean when was the last time you called a monkey with a blonde ponytail those things?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I swear this thread is on fire. I was gone for a few hours and at least 7 pages were created. Anyone else hoping for a Nintendo Direct this weekend?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you can go to rule 34 and it tells you the number of pics :facepalm:
well, that, but I was wondering why he knew there was more KI stuff than everything else. like was she(?) looking at them or something?

yeah, I'm done with this.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The only thing bothering me on those leaks is the fact that in the screenshot with Mario, the orb on her staff isn't outlined

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, if this is real, I'm cursed.

For a period of about a week, I had Rosalina on my roster following her playability in SM3DW, then took her off when the release went by with no confirmation. Two or so weeks later...BAM. Confirmed.

About a week and a half ago, I took Palutena off my roster due to me doubting her for whatever reason, and now this happens.

Well, time to take K. Rool, Little Mac, Chrom and Ridley off my roster. :troll:
For the love of God, please, take off K. Rool and Ridley from your roster.

I swear to God I'll shave my head again for our Cunning God of Death Ridley again... :(

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
how do you know all this exactly?
I have seen the "light" and "non-graphic" versions of such artwork and stuff. I've also heard things, and I know several Kid Icarus fans are kinda like that who have come and gone through SWF and other sites I've visited through the years.

The official online anime dealio apparently having Palutena in a hot tub scene didn't help either.
I just searched up "Palutena" in google images and I already have seen Pit f***ing Palutena, at least 7 pictures of Palutena in a bikini, and.......oh god.......what is that.....
I can't tell you how much I laughed at that. Seriously, why did you look that up=??? Also, was it Safe Search=???

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If we have a Direct this week, I will bet money on Palutena's reveal.
Not a lot though, because you know. You never know what'll happen.
It could also be Little Mac, Miis, or Diddy and Dixie teaming, but if we do get a Direct this week with a newcomer, well... Palutena makes the most sense.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Ive said this before and HOLY SMOKES DO YOU OWN A DEDEDOLL?!
Read my newest profile status and you'll find out.

To go along with this, I direct your attention to this official screenshot of Marth in the 3DS version.
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/marth/screen-10.jpg
His sword isn't outlined in the slightest. Not hard evidence, but helps support that not everything is outlined.
It would seem as if thought only the actual characters are outlined?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I will give the leaker of this credit. If fake. The fact that he/she isn't saying anything? They're either a god/goddess of leaks or cackling like the master mother****ing troll that he/she is.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
maybe the fact that the orb isn't highlighted is another point for the real category, I know probably anyone who would be faking it would probably outline it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just thought of something that may help either argument. I dunno.

The second picture of Lady Palutena.

Look at how she's holding the staff. Now, if this was legit, the argument could be it was an oversight on Sakurai's part. Because if this was fake, I'd think the person who made it would've had Lady Palutena's whole hand wrapped around the staff. I dunno, just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom