• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ Actually hoping for that as well. I'd like to read it myself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Putting it simply: we don't know if it's real or fake, but it's very convincing, so there's a chance it may be real. Of course, it could be a very elaborate fake.

Killamari

Smash Rookie
I wish someone would post a link to that thread. I can't seem to find it.
^ Actually hoping for that as well. I'd like to read it myself.
The thread is long gone, tried finding it a few of hours ago when I woke up. The thread might be on an archive somewhere. As far as I know though all that was said by the OP was that she's an assist.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And that's what I'm talking about.

****ing 4chan. Hopefully there's an archive. God damn this is going to bother me.

Edit: I mean for **** sake, someone could post a picture of playable Little Mac, K. Rool or Ridley standing still and say "Oh, it's an Assist Trophy."

And we might not know for quite a while. Gah.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thread is long gone, tried finding it a few of hours ago when I woke up. The thread might be on an archive somewhere. As far as I know though all that was said by the OP was that she's an assist.
See there's two things going around. That the OP said she's an assist, but why would an assist be highlighted like a playable.

And then there's that apparently the assist thing came from a user here joking about her being one by saying ''FYI, she's an assist" and not the OP who posted the pictures of her.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See there's two things going around. That the OP said she's an assist, but why would an assist be highlighted like a playable.

And then there's that apparently the assist thing came from a user here joking about her being one by saying ''FYI, she's an assist" and not the OP who posted the pictures of her.
Hopefully we'll learn the truth soon, and it'll be the latter. I just hope that isn't just people being hopeful.

She's not my "most wanted" newcomer, but it'd be a shame for her to be given the AT treatment, especially when she's so highly requested.

D

Deleted member

I'm not believing these leaks until I see them officially. Though, it's rather odd that she would be an Assist Trophy…

I dunno. I feel like someone took an image of her or created a model of her and Photoshopped her in. That must have taken a lot of work…

Hong

The Strongest
I was asked to comment on this.

I won't say to buy it, but I will say there is more reason to give it further speculation then there is reason to write it off.

Something as simple as model distortion and lighting are easy work for Photoshop, but even the furthest ridges of the scanlines are pixel perfect.

Of course motive is one thing to consider. The poster exposed this work and was either removed or fled. The former is unlikely on 4chan, while the latter would be a result of fear of being traced for breaching an NDA. As for why they would post it, normally people who post these things want attention given to them, even if they won't say it. This individual isn't around to really relish on it. It is just as well possible that they would post it just or kicks, and enjoy observing the chaos that ensues.

To those who have gone through the media thus far in attempt to invalidate this, good on them. That narrows down a lot of possibility.

It is possible that this is legitimate, though. No doubt the big man himself will see it as a result of Internet buzz, though I would say there is merit in sending him the images to get a reaction.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If that's a fake it's a very convincing one. If you fell for this I don't think you could really be blamed.

If she is an assist trophy, that would skewer some of the more prominent rumours.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Earlier in this thread I stated that the leaker stated she was an AT - now, however, I feel that I made a mistake. I did happen to read the 4chan thread where the images appeared, but I think I confused who posted what, as there was madness afterwards. I'm pretty sure the guy who posted the images had nothing to say afterwards.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
What bothers me with this leak isn't that there's Paletuna , but I feel hyped because if that's true , somebody is enjoying the new game and I'm jealous of this person .

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Earlier in this thread I stated that the leaker stated she was an AT - now, however, I feel that I made a mistake. I did happen to read the 4chan thread where the images appeared, but I think I confused who posted what, as there was madness afterwards. I'm pretty sure the guy who posted the images had nothing to say afterwards.
This is a big relief.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also, the thread has 404'd, but there's still a huge discussion going on. Nothing new yet though, just the usually 4chan stuff. I'll keep reading though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If this Palutena picture is real, she may be a playable character. Why? Because of the outlines. Unless Assist Trophies are also outlined like playable characters, I think the fact she has the outline means she's a newcomer. The problem is that we haven't seen Assist Trophies on the 3DS, but, so far, only playable characters seem to have them.

Please look at those images:
[collapse="Characters summoned by playable characters don't have outlines"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Stage characters don't have them either..."]
[/collapse]

Considering the purpose of the outlines, which is to make the playable characters easier to see in the small 3DS screen so it is easier for the player to not get lost in the chaotic action of the game, it wouldn't make sense for Assist Trophies to have them.

What do you think?

Hong

The Strongest
This is good information. Thanks for bringing it up. Was a bit skeptical.

As far as graphic quality and implementation go, she certainly could be a playable character. Not saying she is, but she is above the threshold of detail and modifiers needed (poly scaling, outline, etc.). It won't narrow down possibilities, so much as keeps options open. We have seen stage assets and moves on the 3DS screen, but have we seen Assist Trophies? From a design standpoint, there is little reason to give ATs an outline. In fact, with some of the ATs like Excite Bike or Famicom Wars, it could be detrimental to the processing.

Logically I would think she is playable unless they had a very good idea for Pit's Final Smash, which is quite possible with all the goodies they added to the franchise in Uprising.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I don't really want Palutena playable so I'm going to continue my non belief until it's verified

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
If this Palutena picture is real, she may be a playable character. Why? Because of the outlines. Unless Assist Trophies are also outlined like playable characters, I think the fact she has the outline means she's a newcomer. The problem is that we haven't seen Assist Trophies on the 3DS, but, so far, only playable characters seem to have them.

Please look at those images:

Characters summoned by playable characters don't have outlines.

Stage characters don't have them either...

Considering the purpose of the outlines, which is to make the playable characters easier to see in the small 3DS screen so it is easier for the player to not get lost in the chaotic action of the game, it wouldn't make sense for Assist Trophies to have them.

What do you think?
Good point, I don't think she's an AT, It wouldn't make any sense to remove her from Pit's FS just for that.
If the pictures were from the Wii U version it would have been even more convincing. Well, I hope this isn't a fake.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyway, if the pictures are legit, it is safe to assume Pit will get a new Final Smash. It could either be the Three Sacred Treasures from the first Kid Icarus game and Uprising (I think this one is more iconic and likelier) or the Great Sacred Treasure from Uprising (this one would be incredibly awesome).

Palutena could inherit Pit's Final Smash, the Centurion Army, with a twist: adding the new Centurion types introduced in Uprising.

(I'm getting off-topic, aren't I? :p)

Hong

The Strongest
Since hundreds of people will see this post:

I would recommend sharing this image on online communities you regular with people who are interested in Smash Bros. Ensure that these images come to Nintendo's attention. Depending on how they respond, it could give them a reason to expose her on the SmashBros website as a playable character or Assist Trophy sooner than later. They would likely intend to have shown her eventually, so at the very least maybe this will change their schedule.

Of course the wisest thing for them to do would be to completely ignore this. With how stubborn the company is, that is the most likely outcome. Still worth a shot.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
This isn't the original thread. She was 'leaked' initially in a 'Pic of the Day' thread, amidst a discussion of edge-guarding.
Oh i see, i apologize for the confusion then. I happened to find this thread and i assumed it was the one you guys were talking about. Looks like the true original post is long gone.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Since hundreds of people will see this post:

I would recommend sharing this image on online communities you regular with people who are interested in Smash Bros. Ensure that these images come to Nintendo's attention. Depending on how they respond, it could give them a reason to expose her on the SmashBros website as a playable character or Assist Trophy sooner than later. They would likely intend to have shown her eventually, so at the very least maybe this will change their schedule.

Of course the wisest thing for them to do would be to completely ignore this. With how stubborn the company is, that is the most likely outcome. Still worth a shot.
I was considering this tactic too. It's a risky game though. Sakurai hated that the SSE videos were put online. Imagine his reaction if this is true and it's been leaked before he can reveal her in a trailer. I'd imagine Nintendo will ignore it, make her an unlockable character and reveal her after the game is released.

Oh i see, i apologize for the confusion then. I happened to find this thread and i assumed it was the one you guys were talking about. Looks like the true original post is long gone.
Simple mistake, don't worry about it. I can't find the original anywhere, I don't think 4chan archive.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Oh man, I'm sure glad of that. I'm really hoping this is legit more than ever now. Especially because of the outlines, and the fact that no NPCs have them.

Oh man. My biggest question though, is that if this isn't a fake, how?

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
3 possibilities as to why Palutena was the only new element shown:

1 - Palutena will be revealed soon and this guy was given pictures of it somehow.

2 - This guy's got everything but wants to extend his 15 minutes as much as possible so we'll be getting periodic leaks from him.

3 - This is a very elaborate fake and making more models would have been way too time-consuming.

Regardless, I'm very much hoping that this is real and Palutena is in. ^_^

Hong

The Strongest
I was considering this tactic too. It's a risky game though. Sakurai hated that the SSE videos were put online. Imagine his reaction if this is true and it's been leaked before he can reveal her in a trailer. I'd imagine Nintendo will ignore it, make her an unlockable character and reveal her after the game is released.
If the character is playable, I don't think they are going to make any changes to the roster this late into development based on fan reactions to a potential leak.

At most we could influence the media side of things and hope to get an earlier exposition. On the surface, this is the fastest way to quell the buzz on the exposed screenshots. Though if they thought about it, it would also be an exposition of compromised security and bad contracts.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't know, it seems more real than that Ness/Jigglypuff leak.
What I don't understand is why these leaks are always on 3DS. Easier to forge? If I'd see a picture this clear from WiiU (not considering those ****ty blurry diagonal "pictures" like the Mewtwo Y one) I'd believe it right away.
Oh well.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I guess it's easier because the 3DS is portable , with a Wii U , you have to install it and stuff .
It's better if you don't want them to know about you and find where you are to claim the cartridge back . You can go anywhere with the 3DS version .

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't know, it seems more real than that Ness/Jigglypuff leak.
What I don't understand is why these leaks are always on 3DS. Easier to forge? If I'd see a picture this clear from WiiU (not considering those ****ty blurry diagonal "pictures" like the Mewtwo Y one) I'd believe it right away.
Oh well.
I guess if you want to take a picture in secret, and not have anyone see, it's easier to take on of a 3DS screen than a TV screen.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Does anyone think that it's a brawl mod shoved onto a 3ds? Like a picture. They could've taken part of Mario from a developer direct. They also could've morphed the background to look different and taken the pillar from another picture. Maybe that's how. The last two 3ds pics of pit look very similar to the leak. Simple editing could give enough variation to say its different. (or its a completely new pic)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I guess if you want to take a picture in secret, and not have anyone see, it's easier to take on of a 3DS screen than a TV screen.
I refuse to believe this picture, if real, was taken in secret. It's just something you don't even try to do. The only possibility is that this dude somehow managed to get his hands on this game and decided to leak it by himself. This isn't government secrets level stuff, it's videogames. No-one would risk his position or credibility to snap a photo inside a developing studio.
But again, this is Smash Bros. I myself care more about this game than my own government. So I guess that's a possibility.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it's real, I'm pretty sure she's playable. Check my post above for my reasoning.

If it's fake, it's a very elaborate one and took a lot of effort to make it seem real. And that is impressive.

For now, all we can do is wait for official information regarding Palutena. It could be wise to keep an eye out on this leaker, especially if Palutena happens to be confirmed.

splat

Smash Lord
I'm the guy who created the image that was often tossed around to debunk the Ness / Jigglypuff image, and I'm currently inclined to believe it's real.

I'll try and look at it a bit better later today, but at first glance it looks VERY convincing.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
The mario still is not the exact frame from the direct but its pretty close
So this neogaf guy discovered nothing then?

The details in the staffs upper half are also different in the rare card thing that he posted.

I really am believing this quite alot. Some because of what's been posted and no hard evidence that the images have been fabricated by some random guy on 4chan, but mostly because I don't see the logic in going to ridiculous lengths to create incredibly legitimate looking 3ds screens to tease people about (of all the characters they could of chosen. Not Ridley, not Little Mac, not Pac man) Palutena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom