• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Are we really still talking about this? How does that not help to serve my argument pertaining to Isaac? Isaac was an item based NPC in Brawl. So I've stated he has a shot, notably because the series has had item based NPCs become characters (Charizard).

To either of you, I never once stated they would absolutely become a character. I've said if it follows the same fashion, we could see a playable Isaac.

Him arguing that just because a character is in a past game doesn't mean they'll be playable goes without being said. But I'm arguing that some can be, and Charizard is a prime example of my light hearted theory. you're reading way too much between 3 posts.

But still, nice to have an intelligent conversation with someone on here once in awhile.
Alright. I see your point, and I apologize for bringing it up again. Let's just drop it, alright? Like N3ON said, we're getting off-topic here.

Also, I agree. I've never really had an intelligent conversation with anyone on any forum, period.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm sure the current discussion isn't what this thread is for. Please get back on topic.

And to those needlessly discriminating and affronting others over something completely and utterly irrelevant to the intended topic, I'd suggest dropping it right away and refraining from picking it back up in the future.
Thank you.

N3ON, what do you think of the majority of the leaks, and who do you think will be likely newcomers?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N3ON, what do you think of the majority of the leaks, and who do you think will be likely newcomers?
To be honest I'm not up on all the leaks. That said, I have trouble believing the validity of any of them if just due to the fact that 99.9% of them will turn out to be bogus, and it's just safer to assume they're fake until proven otherwise. Though obviously I'm all for keeping a record of them, as chances are even if we haven't seen any valid ones yet (which I personally don't think we have) eventually we probably will get a real leak.

As for the leaks themselves, I think some are well done and some are pretty horrible, but most have at least a few questionable elements. And not in the good way.

And likely newcomers?
Well I think Little Mac, Takamaru, and a DK newcomer (Dixie or K. Rool) stand above the rest, but Palutena, Pac-Man, and Chrom are pretty likely picks as well, though personally I think we'll get a different FE newcomer. Choices like Mii, Shulk, Isaac, a Zelda newcomer, and a second DK newcomer wouldn't surprise me either, though they're a bit more up in the air imo. Chances are we'll end up getting at least one more surprise as well. I've totally stopped trying to gauge or predict Ridley's chances in any way, I'm just waiting to see what happens there.

And I'd say Mewtwo is pretty close to being a lock, but I don't count him as a newcomer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Thank you N3ON.

Becase god forbid someone have a favorite character and name themselves after her.

Anyways, I want something good to come tonight to either bring a close to some leaks or point us in the direction of a correct one like everyone assumes Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman to be.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
To be honest I'm not up on all the leaks. That said, I have trouble believing the validity of any of them if just due to the fact that 99.9% of them will turn out to be bogus, and it's just safer to assume they're fake until proven otherwise. Though obviously I'm all for keeping a record of them, as chances are even if we haven't seen any valid ones yet (which I personally don't think we have) eventually we probably will get a real leak.

As for the leaks themselves, I think some are well done and some are pretty horrible, but most have at least a few questionable elements. And not in the good way.

And likely newcomers?
Well I think Little Mac, Takamaru, and a DK newcomer (Dixie or K. Rool) stand above the rest, but Palutena, Pac-Man, and Chrom are pretty safe picks as well, though personally I think we'll get a different FE newcomer. Choices like Mii, Shulk, Isaac, a Zelda newcomer, and a second DK newcomer wouldn't surprise me either, though they're a bit more up in the air imo. Chances are we'll end up getting at least one more surprise as well. I've totally stopped trying to gauge or predict Ridley's chances in any way, I'm just waiting to see what happens there.

And I'd say Mewtwo is pretty close to being a lock, but I don't count him as a newcomer.
See, I don't believe the majority of leaks, either. I just feel they're educated guesses made to make the poster somehow credible if they are correct, when the good ones are just common sense posts and they truly had no idea.

Also, I don't see how Takumaru would fit. Honestly I've never even heard of him. But yes, Isaac, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo are the only others I can think of. I am hoping for more surprises. I think when I get my hands on my smash copies, I'm going to swear off the internet for awhile. Melee and 64 were fun because I had no idea how to unlock secret characters. I feel like that's a huge part of a game is unlocking content. You feel so much more accomplished and appreciative of certain characters that way. When you've earned them.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think there are quite a few of us who haven't heard of Takamaru. However, I'm sure there are a good number of people who do. But, then again, obscurity doesn't matter on how characters are chosen. Common examples are Ice Climbers (not as obscure), Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B.

I don't really have any newcomers I think are likely, but characters I'd like to see are Little Mac, since I think he'd be an interesting character, Chrom, because I think he'd bring something more to the table, despite being another swordsman, and Lady Palutena, since she basically has most of her moveset planned out for her, and she'd be another female character, which sakurai said he wanted more of. I think.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Dont you dare do this to me. Just NOOO come on!! Nooooo please jut stop!!! STOP IT!! It looks too real!!! Like. I can't even handle this right now!! "FYI she's an assist trophy." AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! But it could be a photoshop of her idol from kid icarus uprising. Show wii u pics or it didn't happen. But holy shmoly please be real.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Dont you dare do this to me. Just NOOO come on!! Nooooo please jut stop!!! STOP IT!! It looks too real!!! Like. I can't even handle this right now!! "FYI she's an assist trophy." AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! But it could be a photoshop of her idol from kid icarus uprising. Show wii u pics or it didn't happen. But holy shmoly please be real.
the person who said she was an assist isnt the same person who posted

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is funny that her leak would be on 3DS. If she's an assist trophy I will shot your cat Sakurai.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hm, interesting. Actually look good. But does Palutena have a model this in uprising? I always though she was just a codec character.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i might not be an expert but the paluteana were seeing here has darker hair than in uprising

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
the person who said she was an assist isnt the same person who posted
I actually didn't see that post until after I finished typing. I can just feel the assist thing happening only because if I keep my expectations low then nothing bad happens. Haha.

So the Idol from KI:U actually looks a bit different the most notable thing is the staff being shorter here and the face being a little different. I'd hate to say that a leak is real but this one has plenty of things going for it. 1 it looks real 2 I want it to be real. 3 FYI I hope it's not an assist trophy. Now someone must look for those Mario pics.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is the first leak in quite a while that wasn't torn apart immediately. People want to believe (and so do I.)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah compared to this

She has different features about her - her eyes are brighter, and bigger in the 'leaked' pictures. But maybe somebody who has played the game can offer come incite.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This was leaked on 4chan, and the guy who said it also said she was an assist trophy.

I've play KI:U, and the model fits pretty well.

Yeah compared to this

She has different features about her - her eyes are brighter, and bigger in the 'leaked' pictures. But maybe somebody who has played the game can offer come incite.
The only one I can think of is the AR cards that came with the game, but I would assume they used the same model.

If this is fake someone put a lot of work into it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something still seems off to me. We don't know if assist trophies have outlines the the 3DS version or not for sure though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Would Sakurai really mess up and change Pit's Final Smash just to make Palutena an assist trophy.

But then I answer this question with ''Of course he might. There's an item that appears to be the smaller version of Olimar's FS now."

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I've totally stopped trying to gauge or predict Ridley's chances in any way, I'm just waiting to see what happens there.
The more I've thought about it, I think the simple fact that we don't know yet makes Ridley one of the most likely newcomers. Sakurai has always made things extremely clear with reveals to avoid people getting their hopes up only to be disappointed. Skull Kid and Ashley got little "This is an assist trophy" messages, he had an interview really early on saying their would be no subspace emissary and still felt the need to add that to Monday's pic of the day, he had another interview saying characters could be cut from previous smashes if time doesn't allow, etc. He has always been upfront and very cut and dry with bad news. That said, all we got for Ridley was an intentionally vague statement that is open to interpretation. Considering his popularity, I feel like if Ridley would be anything but playable he would have said it immediately to avoid confusion. If he really is a stage hazard/assist trophy it feels uncharacteristic compared to how he handles everything else. Granted this could just be me being hopeful, I could be very wrong haha

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This was leaked on 4chan, and the guy who said it also said she was an assist trophy.

I've play KI:U, and the model fits pretty well.
Link.

NOW.

One guy went and joked about it here, but this is the first I've heard about the leaker saying this.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yeah compared to this

This is actually different than the idol but then againI only looked at the idol. The boss fight model could look completely different.

Hmmm an assist trophy huh? I've decided I don't care anymore. Ill just go back to maining Diddy or Falco *sobs. It's not worth it to be upset its only a video game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If she were an assist trophy why is she just staring at Mario in the first picture?

God damn it. I can't take this. She's one of my main wants. Something happennnnnnn to confirm or deny this.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
The leak has the gameplay screen as the top screen, meanwhile its already been confirmed that all gameplay will be on the bottom scren for the 3DS version.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom