• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Well. It's that time again. I'm still confident a Nintendo Direct should be coming this week yet. But just what will it contain? Well this guy claims it just might hold Smash Bros's release date.
That all sounds great, but most of that is like E3 caliber of an announcement. They wouldn't just randomly give all that up on short notice in an as of yet announced Direct.

RidiculousGuyWhoIsHere

Smash Rookie
Recently posted at GameFAQS, obviously no idea if true.
Hi everyone. I know I'm new here, but I'm not up for waiting for an account to get confirmed on NeoGAF to post this rumor so I'm here to bring you guys this rumor. I heard it from a close friend of mine who works at Namco. I will not disclose the name for their safety. I don't want them losing their job.
They didn't tell me much, but I thought you would all be interested.

Newcomers:
Ridley (Will be shown on Metroid's JP Anniversary)
Shulk (Will be shown at E3)
Little Mac (Will be shown at E3)
Pac-Man (Will be shown at E3)
Chrom (He wasn't even sure when he will be shown)

AT:
Epona - Runs across the screen trampling anyone in her path
Bulborb - Comes from the background and bites towards characters

Items:
Bell Power Up - From Super Mario 3D World, everyone gets a cat suit. Kirby's is apparently adorable
Darkhammer Chain & Ball - From Twilight Princess. Hits as hard as the hammer, lasts longer but is also slower, so therefore easier to dodge. Character can still be hit, but won't flinch.

Returning
Mewtwo
Everyone but Snake, Lucas and Ike will be returning from Brawl.

Alts:
Dr. Mario (same goes for Dr. Luigi)
Female Villager
Dark Samus
Dark Pit
Louie

This is all I was told, I'll see if I can get more out of them next time I hear from them.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That all sounds great, but most of that is like E3 caliber of an announcement. They wouldn't just randomly give all that up on short notice in an as of yet announced Direct.
Well it only says that the supposed Nintendo Direct is to contain these four things:

Mario Kart 8 Release Date
Smash Bros Release Date (hence it's discussion here)
a new game announcement
another new game announcement.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Really? Source?

Personally, if Nintendo asked me to do so, I'd playtest the game for free and gladly sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You can find articles/journals but for the most part its on glass door, which is fairly accurate. I've looked at it at places I've worked and a lot of my coworkers have reviewed it when looking for other jobs (office jobs). Nintendo apparently has fossils in the top of the US division that need to go, which I guess is why we aren't seeing much creativity in ads. All the young and talented people went elsewhere to stay competitive career wise. Very depressing honestly.

You can find articles/journals but for the most part its on glass door, which is fairly accurate. I've looked at it at places I've worked and a lot of my coworkers have reviewed it when looking for other jobs (office jobs). Nintendo apparently has fossils in the top of the US division that need to go, which I guess is why we aren't seeing much creativity in ads. All the young and talented people went elsewhere to stay competitive career wise. Very depressing honestly.
Thats really unfortunate. As a Business Administration major with a focus in Marketing I would love to work for Nintendo. Just need to get my portfolio up to date.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well. It's that time again. I'm still confident a Nintendo Direct should be coming this week yet. But just what will it contain? Well this guy claims it just might hold Smash Bros's release date.
I've heard the new nintendo ip before and im kinda hoping/expecting a release date for Mario Kart and Smash but 2 Zeldas this year? And a new Metroid? and some other thing!!?!?! thats just too much. also cheaper games? nah and a GRAND of salt? Twice? at the beginning and the end? now that de-confirms the whole thing. (notice my fragments ,lack of capital letters, and run-ons)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I've heard the new nintendo ip before and im kinda hoping/expecting a release date for Mario Kart and Smash but 2 Zeldas this year? And a new Metroid? and some other thing!!?!?! thats just too much. also cheaper games? nah and a GRAND of salt? Twice? at the beginning and the end? now that de-confirms the whole thing. (notice my fragments ,lack of capital letters, and run-ons)
Not trying to justify the leak, but just last year of 2013 we got two Zelda's and a big Mario game and two Pokemon games and a couple Pokemon spinoffs and a new Luigi's Mansion and a new Mario/Luigi RPG. Nintendo's just that kind of crazy once in a while. I don't know if we'll ever reach 2010 levels of crazy (new amazing Sonic, DKC's long awaited return, a new Kirby game, etc) but... I dunno, Nintendo's been known to be a bit crazy now and then.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nintendo is working for several years on a new system. Not just a gaming system.

Thats really unfortunate. As a Business Administration major with a focus in Marketing I would love to work for Nintendo. Just need to get my portfolio up to date.
Update that LinkedIn profile.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Sorry for making rational statements.

You've all agreed with the fact that it doesn't deserve 4 reps so quit crying about it

Also, KCCHEIFS97.

Nice butchering of the name
Ok, so you made your point. Most of us just wanted to point out that you were just being flat out rude about it.

And now in response to what I poster you're making fun of a typo I made? A ****ing typo? That's a bit childish, don't you think?

And to everyone else, I apologize for dragging out an argument this long. I kinda wanted to close by posting this.

Can we get back to leaks and stuff now?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

"Men that are trapped by the Chains of Maybe... can never reach their dreams."

Toad was a move in Melee. Toad was a move in Brawl. Toad is a move in SSB4. Although I do think Isaac has a good shot, please refrain from using roles in past games as your sole basis for an argument.
Please refrain? Oh, hello sweetheart. My name's ethanrodgers223, and I've been here for quite some time. So I think I'll say what I'd like and argue what I will, but thank you for the failed attempt at proving a point.

Also, no move in Smash Bros has been turned into a full on character. So yes, me saying an NPC from a Pokeball, that had no correlation or dependance upon another character's move set being turned into a playable character is indeed a good example and specific basis for an argument.

Stating that Toad was a move in melee and brawl is a completely different analysis. Charizard wasn't, and neither was Issac. It's not my sole reason for an argument, either. Just an observation.

You basically just compared apples to carrots.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Cool! It's been stickied!

I'm not going to be around as frequently, so if I miss an update, would the mods do it for me?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
"Hey can I be the OP please?!?!"

"Btw I'm not going to be active anymore"
I'd honestly explain every single stressful thing that's happened to me and how it's changed my entire life since a while after I became OP, but it's not worth it. I'm going through a lot right now, so I just need the mods to work if I'm unable to.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Maybe BKupa will volunteer to take over and the day will be saved? hint hint hint...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Please refrain? Oh, hello sweetheart. My name's ethanrodgers223, and I've been here for quite some time. So I think I'll say what I'd like and argue what I will, but thank you for the failed attempt at proving a point.

Also, no move in Smash Bros has been turned into a full on character. So yes, me saying an NPC from a Pokeball, that had no correlation or dependance upon another character's move set being turned into a playable character is indeed a good example and specific basis for an argument.

Stating that Toad was a move in melee and brawl is a completely different analysis. Charizard wasn't, and neither was Issac. It's not my sole reason for an argument, either. Just an observation.

You basically just compared apples to carrots.

hey, if someone else here gets to make a Phoenix Wright reference, then so do I

While your claim was indeed, different from what they argued, your counter-point has nothing to do with their argument. Your counter point was that you never argued about moves becoming characters. Or, at the very least, that was part of it. But they claimed that you shouldn't be using roles in past games, no matter how significant of insignificant they may be, to support your argument about characters being in future Smash Bros. games.

Also, this is just me adding to claims. I don't have very strong feelings on this argument.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Such sound logic though. Because indeed if you have a female in your avatar. That clearly means you have a thing for rods up your butt.

Because everyone knows females always lead to rods up your butt.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

hey, if someone else here gets to make a Phoenix Wright reference, then so do I

While your claim was indeed, different from what they argued, your counter-point has nothing to do with their argument. Your counter point was that you never argued about moves becoming characters. Or, at the very least, that was part of it. But they claimed that you shouldn't be using roles in past games, no matter how significant of insignificant they may be, to support your argument about characters being in future Smash Bros. games.

Also, this is just me adding to claims. I don't have very strong feelings on this argument.
Another new member? Ugh. Okay. Alright.

It doesn't matter what they claimed; my point is still a valid one in both posts. Its a fact that in smash brothers moves that are a Part of a characters move set have not been made into characters. Ever. I simply stated Isaac had a good chance, which led to him asking for me to refrain that point WITH a specific example of toad, which is indeed what I responded to.

And if you don't care about it, why waste time responding to it?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Maybe BKupa will volunteer to take over and the day will be saved? hint hint hint...
I'll still help compile the leaks, but I'd prefer someone else to take the actual job of the OP. I'm back at school now, and need to invest my time elsewhere for the most part.

Also, TewnLeenk, the rumor is posted just a few posts down on this page.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Another new member? Ugh. Okay. Alright.

It doesn't matter what they claimed; my point is still a valid one in both posts. Its a fact that in smash brothers moves that are a Part of a characters move set have not been made into characters. Ever. I simply stated Isaac had a good chance, which led to him asking for me to refrain that point WITH a specific example of toad, which is indeed what I responded to.

And if you don't care about it, why waste time responding to it?
Your clear modesty aside, I was simply trying to add to an argument I thought was interesting. I said I didn't have very strong feelings on it. That doesn't mean I'm not interested. And plus, again, that's not what he meant. He was simply trying to argue that just because a character has appeared in a past game in some fashion, doesn't mean that they're going to become a character. Toad was just a example used to show his point. The fact that Charizard was a Pokeball Pokemon in a past game, and a playable character in Brawl, are likely unrelated, and don't really serve to help your argument.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm sure the current discussion isn't what this thread is for. Please get back on topic.

And to those needlessly discriminating and affronting others over something completely and utterly irrelevant to the intended topic, I'd suggest dropping it right away and refraining from picking it back up in the future.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
because straight people dont like looking at women all day......
There's a difference between REAL girls and naming yourself Cosmo Queen after a childrens video game character and having her everywhere on your profile.

That being said, no further need to address me. I'm here for the leaks

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm sure the current discussion isn't what this thread is for. Please get back on topic.

And to those needlessly discriminating and affronting others over something completely and utterly irrelevant to the intended topic, I'd suggest dropping it right away and refraining from picking it back up in the future.
Alright then. If you say so. I will admit, I was off-topic.

And brought up a point that probably didn't need to be revived.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Your clear modesty aside, I was simply trying to add to an argument I thought was interesting. I said I didn't have very strong feelings on it. That doesn't mean I'm not interested. And plus, again, that's not what he meant. He was simply trying to argue that just because a character has appeared in a past game in some fashion, doesn't mean that they're going to become a character. Toad was just a example used to show his point. The fact that Charizard was a Pokeball Pokemon in a past game, and a playable character in Brawl, are likely unrelated, and don't really serve to help your argument.
Are we really still talking about this? How does that not help to serve my argument pertaining to Isaac? Isaac was an item based NPC in Brawl. So I've stated he has a shot, notably because the series has had item based NPCs become characters (Charizard).

To either of you, I never once stated they would absolutely become a character. I've said if it follows the same fashion, we could see a playable Isaac.

Him arguing that just because a character is in a past game doesn't mean they'll be playable goes without being said. But I'm arguing that some can be, and Charizard is a prime example of my light hearted theory. you're reading way too much between 3 posts.

But still, nice to have an intelligent conversation with someone on here once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom