• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
*Hopes that Rosalina and Yoshi don't get touched and that Palutena and Charizard are blessed with a wave of the magic Buff Wand*

... And Mewtwo and Lucas could also use a couple more buffs :p
I want Zelda and Jigglypuff to get the most buffs. Although I'm not exactly sure where I'd even start on Jigglypuff. Dedede could afford some as well, even if it's just getting his down throw follow ups back from 1.0.3.

I'm not much of a fan of nerfs, but I do think slight nerfs to Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Meta Knight would be healthy if they don't go overboard. Diddy was handled well IMO.

I also wonder if Cloud will be nerfed at all.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I want Zelda and Jigglypuff to get the most buffs. Although I'm not exactly sure where I'd even start on Jigglypuff. Dedede could afford some as well, even if it's just getting his down throw follow ups back from 1.0.3.

I'm not much of a fan of nerfs, but I do think slight nerfs to Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Meta Knight would be healthy if they don't go overboard. Diddy was handled well IMO.

I also wonder if Cloud will be nerfed at all.
Ganon needs more, he needs to lose 70 frames on all of his moves, and need Sheik-like landing lag. Then he can become middle-tier.
And if you want nefs, they should take all those frames and put at the end of every Sonic move, nobody deserves to have to deal with such safe annoying spam....

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Roy is underrated IMO. He's pretty quick and has good frame data. He also kills early, but his kills rely a bit on reads. I honestly think he's at least mid-low tier.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Could we just talk about Mewtwo's forward air and stuff?
Do some of you guys even know what that THING is capable of.
Mewtwo's forward air is like a jack of all trades, master of all.
Think about it.
Combos, frame 6, has high damage (13%), edge guards, kills... what else could you want? This move is plain overpowered.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Could we just talk about Mewtwo's forward air and stuff?
Do some of you guys even know what that THING is capable of.
Mewtwo's forward air is like a jack of all trades, master of all.
Think about it.
Combos, frame 6, has high damage (13%), edge guards, kills... what else could you want? This move is plain overpowered.
It has better range but it's not an overpowered move, in my opinion. Although I do love how if I get a F-Air to F-Air combo from the ledge on a lighter character, say, Pikachu, it winds up killing them <3

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
It has better range but it's not an overpowered move, in my opinion. Although I do love how if I get a F-Air to F-Air combo from the ledge on a lighter character, say, Pikachu, it winds up killing them <3
Eh, yeah, probably not overpowered but it is SOOOOOOOOO good. Easily top 5 f-airs in the game.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Yeah, it's not OP. The low range and small hitbox keep it in check from being too ridiculous. It's probably up there with down tilt and shadow ball in terms of his best moves though and it's definitely top 5 in the game.

If the forward air had a larger downward hitbox to hit more characters in a short hop, then I'd possibly consider the move to be a little OP.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What if the Pokemon Company decided to make his F-air into an actual Pokemon move and give it a name?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Yeah, it's not OP. The low range and small hitbox keep it in check from being too ridiculous. It's probably up there with down tilt and shadow ball in terms of his best moves though and it's definitely top 5 in the game.

If the forward air had a larger downward hitbox to hit more characters in a short hop, then I'd possibly consider the move to be a little OP.
The range doesn't really matter too much anyways since you're going to get a lot of down tilt into it. Also, phasing with fair. Just. Phasing with fair.

Currently I think it's his best move.

I missed a lot... I think Roy's spot is justified, but you all know what I think about Roy... (for those who weren't here I bashed Roy a couple pages back, in regards to why I'm fine playing Corrin)

That said, my personal tier list will be changing tonight anyway, so does it matter?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As long as it doesn't interfere with u tilt to u smash at all, I'm on board, that was the last broken hitbox I could think of.
Okay, so you know how Mewtwo's tail has 3 hitboxes, right? When you do Utilt it now extends out in front of you like Dtilt and arcs around to about 45° behind you, not quite a hitbox buff on the back end, but it hits way out in front, now.

Anyway, only the MIDDLE hitbox links to Usmash on Marth around 0-26% or so. I can't get it to true combo in training mode, though, even if it sets up for it perfectly, angle-wise... Maybe only on fastfallers/heavyweights?

If you hit with the tail tip, it sends them skidding along the ground in front of you quite a ways. I dunno... if this is good or really bad.

The sweetspot right next to Mewtwo has high knockback. I never tested what percent Utilt kills but it looks like it'd about kill Marth on Wii U FD at maybe 130-150%? In that range. Way too much knockback to combo into anything but a rising aerial at mid to high percents.

I don't remember Utilt's damage numbers but that would likely be the only move with damage changes, unless something got 0.5% or something.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I like to call forward air the psychic sumo slap

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Okay, so you know how Mewtwo's tail has 3 hitboxes, right? When you do Utilt it now extends out in front of you like Dtilt and arcs around to about 45° behind you, not quite a hitbox buff on the back end, but it hits way out in front, now.

Anyway, only the MIDDLE hitbox links to Usmash on Marth around 0-26% or so. I can't get it to true combo in training mode, though, even if it sets up for it perfectly, angle-wise... Maybe only on fastfallers/heavyweights?

If you hit with the tail tip, it sends them skidding along the ground in front of you quite a ways. I dunno... if this is good or really bad.

The sweetspot right next to Mewtwo has high knockback. I never tested what percent Utilt kills but it looks like it'd about kill Marth on Wii U FD at maybe 130-150%? In that range. Way too much knockback to combo into anything but a rising aerial at mid to high percents.

I don't remember Utilt's damage numbers but that would likely be the only move with damage changes, unless something got 0.5% or something.
Anyways, according to a twitter user data mining, might be placebo...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Anyways, according to a twitter user data mining, might be placebo...
I saw ShinyQuagsire's post.

People are reporting changes to Lucas Fair, Ganondorf Up B, and of course my observation.

Either his list is inconclusive or people (like me) are placeboing hard. I do NOT remember Utilt being like this, it matches the animation perfectly now.

Remember in 1.1.3 when we found the Shadow Ball change that their data mining missed? Don't count characters out just yet.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I saw ShinyQuagsire's post.

People are reporting changes to Lucas Fair, Ganondorf Up B, and of course my observation.

Either his list is inconclusive or people (like me) are placeboing hard. I do NOT remember Utilt being like this, it matches the animation perfectly now.

Remember in 1.1.3 when we found the Shadow Ball change that their data mining missed? Don't count characters out just yet.
Idk, it seems to still randomly whiff standing in its range with some characters, I tried it on Ness in training. One of us is placeboing, I hope yours is right though lol.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Idk, it seems to still randomly whiff standing in its range with some characters, I tried it on Ness in training. One of us is placeboing, I hope yours is right though lol.
The front-facing portion seems to have changed, not the rear so much. Which hitbox are you hitting with?

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
If Mewtwo gets not a single buff this patch I'll still be satisfied. Last patch was so good for team M2 that I can't complain.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I noticed up tilt being different too. Strange. Oh well, regardless, I'm satisfied at the moment with where Mewtwo is.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
looks like no Mewtwo changes, shame, he's so close to high/top tier now and a slight push is all he would have needed. That said he's very good now so no complaints.

Now that the patch is out I need to 100% solidify my mains, I currently have Cloud and Mewtwo, now I need to try Corrin and Bayonetta and see if they will add onto or replace anyone. Due to my love for tails though I will no drop Mewtwo, I NEED at least one tailed character in my arsenal.

D

Deleted member

Ey, everybody. Take a close look at my postbit.

I'M PART OF THE M E W T W O B O Y Z

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
On the bright side, any strings involving U-tilt don't have to be edited.

This patch seems to be all about the Fire Emblem characters.
The vanilla 3 got stronger aerials. Hate that Ike got a buff, he's an MU I struggle with as Bowser and I'm too nervous to use Mewtwo against him.

Roy got less landing lag.

Last edited by a moderator:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Been outta the Mewtwo game for ages and then I heard he was buffed a while ago, even though it wasn't in weight.

To celebrate Bayonetta coming in, we're gonna be comin' back to the Mewtwo hype train for real, fam. (Okay I was gonna do it regardless).

Right now it looks like this:

Main -> Sonic
Second -> Kirby
Tertiary -> Mewtwo

Research on the side -> Bayo

Last edited:
Top Bottom