• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It was mostly made so competitive discussion could stop being unfocused as it is given the game has been out for a year+. It was delayed a few weeks for Genesis 3, Corrinetta came out way earlier than anyone expected.

I did have Mewtwo ranked higher, through the use of an in-between bracket. But that's all I'll say on the matter.

Tier lists are usually yearly right? And the next one is probably going to come out in the fall.
Would guess the next one will be after EVO. There's been no announcement just yet, but Corrinetta's release would make sense.

"they have never made a top 8 or 32..."
Hold up. Gunblade's Marth consistently gets Top 32s at regionals in Jersey. Ganondorf is the only one that needs to prove himself.

Reposting tier list under spoiler. My own tier list, which is rather close, is below that.
S::4sheik::4zss::rosalina:

High
A::4ryu::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
B::4villager::4cloud::4ness:

Middle
C::4falcon::4yoshi:
D::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
E::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:

Low
F::4feroy::4kirby::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit:
G::4shulk::4marth::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4drmario:

Bottom
H::4dedede::4lucina:
I::4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
J::4samus::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Only look at it if you're not willing to judge. Please, nobody wants a flame war. Eh, it'll be obsolete in 2 days anyway. (lol "corrinetta" is too perfect)
Top II :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4sonic::4ryu:
Top :4pikachu::4mario::4villager::4ness::4fox::4diddy::4metaknight::4cloud:
High :4megaman::4yoshi::4falcon::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4tlink::4rob:
High Mid :4wario::4lucas::4pacman::4myfriends::4bowserjr::4feroy::4dk::4olimar:
Mid :4mewtwo::4greninja::4bowser::4robinm::4shulk::4peach::4kirby::4lucario:
Low Mid :4link::4gaw::4samus::4falco::4dedede::4wiifit::4marth::4duckhunt:
Low :4drmario::4littlemac::4palutena::4charizard::4ganondorf::4zelda::4lucina::4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I feel like the tier list is more of a 1.1.2 tier list than a 1.1.3 tier list. Mewtwo as upper low tier doesn't feel too surprising, though if you look at the amount of deviation there were some huge disagreements as to where Mewtwo should be. Heck, if you look at the Japanese 1.1.3 tier lists from various top players, they almost all put him into mid tier.

The way I feel about Mewtwo is that before 1.1.3 I considered Mewtwo to not be quite as good as Mega Man, who I saw as solid mid tier or so. After the patch? Mewtwo feels stronger than Mega Man.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
"they have never made a top 8 or 32..."
Hold up. Gunblade's Marth consistently gets Top 32s at regionals in Jersey. Ganondorf is the only one that needs to prove himself.

Reposting tier list under spoiler. My own tier list, which is rather close, is below that.
S::4sheik::4zss::rosalina:

High
A::4ryu::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
B::4villager::4cloud::4ness:

Middle
C::4falcon::4yoshi:
D::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
E::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:

Low
F::4feroy::4kirby::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit:
G::4shulk::4marth::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4drmario:

Bottom
H::4dedede::4lucina:
I::4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
J::4samus::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Only look at it if you're not willing to judge. Please, nobody wants a flame war. Eh, it'll be obsolete in 2 days anyway. (lol "corrinetta" is too perfect)
Top II :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4sonic::4ryu:
Top :4pikachu::4mario::4villager::4ness::4fox::4diddy::4metaknight::4cloud:
High :4megaman::4yoshi::4falcon::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4tlink::4rob:
High Mid :4wario::4lucas::4pacman::4myfriends::4bowserjr::4feroy::4dk::4olimar:
Mid :4mewtwo::4greninja::4bowser::4robinm::4shulk::4peach::4kirby::4lucario:
Low Mid :4link::4gaw::4samus::4falco::4dedede::4wiifit::4marth::4duckhunt:
Low :4drmario::4littlemac::4palutena::4charizard::4ganondorf::4zelda::4lucina::4jigglypuff:
Those are regionals. Top 8/4 regional is a good placement.
Top 16 at a national is a good placement
Top 16 at a Major is a really good placement (SSC)
top 32 at a supermajor is a really good placement (EVO, G3)

The corrinetta patch isn't going to completely upset the list, and this tier list was supposed to come out last month, but they postponed it for G3. Think of it as a 2015 tier list.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Another large post incoming. I'll start with the tier list, since I can get that over with quickly.

First of all, here is the standard deviation:

You will notice that characters with large, black, vertical lines are the ones people disagreed on. No surprise, Mewtwo was a very contentious vote, with Kirby being the most controversial. When you consider the deviation for Pit, and Dark Pit's rock-solid placement... things really start looking questionable. And no offense to Tail Lover, but then there's the matter of Yoshi still being overrated. And on and on.

Do I agree with this tier list? Not entirely. I try not to get upset about Mewtwo because he's only been coming into his own since 1.1.3, coming up from low or bottom before then... as such, gaining support in the community of Smashers has been a slow climb. Changing hearts and minds with our tournament results will not be easy, but we must.

No more hiding Mewtwo's power level. Now it's time for the veil to come off.

Oh yeah, this place exists *sees feels* Er...What happened while I was gone?
You can blame me. I started it. I got to feeling depressed after reminiscing about my childhood (we were discussing Melee), started rambling. Then other people opened up about their lives.

I don't regret it. I have nothing to hide. Game forum or people on the street -- I try to treat everyone with the same respect. If people want to talk about life and love, I'm okay with that.

My reply got deleted... So much for 20 minutes worth of typing...

My heart breaks for you, man. I'd give you a hug if I could.

"I wish my dad would make me do chores." Ah man, I know this feeling all too well. Part of that might just be your typical lazy-ass teenager phase, but if anything like me at all, part of that is your deep longing for your father's love and affection.

My father didn't show me affection from about 10 years old until I was maybe 27 or so, and only because I finally got him to listen and have a heart-to-heart. Even today, though, he's more concerned with bossing me around and "fixing" me than... more important things.

Divorce is something that sticks with you forever, like a death. It's a wound that can be continually opened up, year after year. Don't blame yourself. Your parent's decisions are not your fault.

I'd advise you to seek out a mentor: a loving man with a good family who is willing to meet you every week or so and just talk, or do activities, or teach you things. If that's your dad, perfect. If it's a coach, or an uncle, a pastor, a teacher, or just someone who signed up to be a mentor... I can't recommend it enough.

I wish you luck. I'm always around, and my inbox is always open if you want someone to listen, etc.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Guys im so sorry i was unable to get on smashboards earlier today. But i have started streaming and i want all of you to be apart of it as we represent the rise of mewtwo! My twitch is www.twitch.tv/victoryroad_blue
So i hope to see you guys soon and tomorrow i will be attending the break weekly again. By 8wayrun. So yea i already streamed today and hopefully i will stream tomorrow as well :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Guys im so sorry i was unable to get on smashboards earlier today. But i have started streaming and i want all of you to be apart of it as we represent the rise of mewtwo! My twitch is www.twitch.tv/victoryroad_blue
So i hope to see you guys soon and tomorrow i will be attending the break weekly again. By 8wayrun. So yea i already streamed today and hopefully i will stream tomorrow as well :)
Good luck at Break tomorrow! Take out Chaos and Keitaro and show 'em who's boss (if they show up)!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why be apart of it when we can be a part of it? :p

Yeah, that's one of the most common grammatical errors I've seen by everyone...Hopefully I can watch your stream.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I may the be only person who is totally fine with not having much of a "social life"....
I don't need to have many friends, I have only two real friends that I barely saw irl ever since I moved to another State 7 years ago and I'm totally fine with that. I'm not the outgoing kind....
And Samus is super underrated again, so is Mewtwo, but not that much. Out of S tier I see mistakes everywhere in the list actually but.... *sigh* what is a tier list even doing here now? It triggers me that version 1.0 doesn't even have all the characters even though the last ones were announced enough time ago for the backroom to be prepared for it.
I dislike Twich and wonder why nobody on the Smash community uses YTG.... it's sad.
But I will try to watch it when I can. And break some legs tomor.... today?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I honestly don't think it's that bad of an idea to have a tier list at the moment. Not that I agree or disagree with it or anything, but it's something cool to look at a few years from now.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
D

Deleted member

If anything, this tier list will hopefully shut up people about Mewtwo being bottom 10 or bottom 5.

Him being below Roy feels like an insult, though.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
If anything, this tier list will hopefully shut up people about Mewtwo being bottom 10 or bottom 5.

That general feeling about him was shut down with the patch that "made him good", though.... so the tier list didn't do nothing to help the case, just followed the new general feeling.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So Pokemon Valentine's cards were posted on the facebook page. There's one of Mewtwo!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just want to say btw that Victory Road is a winning name....
Unless you're talking about SM3DW's Victory Road, that one still brings me nightmares.
And you have a nice song selection too :b:
It's called Champion's Road, actually.

So Pokemon Valentine's cards were posted on the facebook page. There's one of Mewtwo!
Mewtwo be all like "WUT".

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
How is the hell am I supposed to beat MetaKnight? Did they just make this character broken again?! He has like zero end lag on his moves and he is ungimpable

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Not Gamefaqs though...lol

So, think changes will come to M2 again? Just fixing the teleport glitch alone would make me a happy camper. And maybe make it so people like Sheik can't fair me while doing confusion. I shouldn't get punished for hitting that move

Good luck Blue, represent Mewtwo well! I'd ditto you on stream, but I've got a seriously busy week and I can't afford to waste much time, and with :4corrinf: coming out tomorrow, I'll be spending my spare time labbing her so I can get a head start on the character! She looks stunningly fast for a swordfighter, and I really like that.
How to beat Meta Knight? It's mostly up to Teleport, Disable, and Shadow Ball to break his flow. Meta Knight seems like he's on the nerf list anyway, especially after Abadango's sweeping performance at Niconico. But then we'd also be getting a ZSS nerf as well, since about 3 of the 7 players used her.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Good luck Blue, represent Mewtwo well! I'd ditto you on stream, but I've got a seriously busy week and I can't afford to waste much time, and with :4corrinf: coming out tomorrow, I'll be spending my spare time labbing her so I can get a head start on the character! She looks stunningly fast for a swordfighter, and I really like that.
How to beat Meta Knight? It's mostly up to Teleport, Disable, and Shadow Ball to break his flow. Meta Knight seems like he's on the nerf list anyway, especially after Abadango's sweeping performance at Niconico. But then we'd also be getting a ZSS nerf as well, since about 3 of the 7 players used her.
They had the 1.1.4 build before Sakurai even saw that tournament. A bit too late for mega ZSS/Meta Knight nerfs in that case.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Everyone hated Corrin when she was revealed so I thought I was gonna go hipster and dual main her.

No. No Mur. Just no. She is the new Roy. Bayo-who?!

Totally kidding but everyone pulled a 180 with her. It's pretty funny to me.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Welp, the tier list is out. We got 37. At least everyone will shut up about Mewtwo being "the worst in the game" >__>

Aww I didn't read the last pages in time D: The feels, God D: I know the topic is already over but I feel like sharing my story now.

I have nothing to complain about, honestly. I was blessed with the best set of parents and sisters anyone could ask for. We're all very close and have no problems when it comes to our relationships.

I've always been a shy guy, and somewhat insecure. However, that has never stopped me from getting friends. I actually have a decent amount of them. It isn't hard for me to socialize either; I'm a nice guy and people usually like me when they meet me.

... However, lately, out of the blue, and I really don't know why, I've started to become a little angry at... the world? I don't know. For the last two months I haven't really wanted to do anything with anyone. It's like I want to lock myself away and shut everyone out (except for my family). I don't do anything on the weekends. My friends always invite me to hang out somewhere but I just don't feel like seeing them. Actually last weekend they all went camping and they invited me but I just didn't want to go.

I do feel very disappointed by two of my best friends. One of my flaws is that I'm very intolerant and tend to judge people easily, but I'm really trying to change that. The decisions my friends have made affect me in no way whatsoever but I just feel so let down by them. One of them was this nice "daddy's princess" and all of a sudden she became a party girl, drinker, smoker and whatnot, and has new friends that I don't like at all. The other one has a girlfriend but he always cheats on her. It's disappointing because his girlfriend is a really nice girl and I just imagine how she would feel if she knew what her boyfriend does. He always makes up excuses to try and justify his actions: "I was drunk", "It was nothing serious", "She means nothing to me", etc. But in the end, he's just betraying his girlfriend's trust, and that just saddens me and angers me. I'm a very fair person, and I don't think he's doing the right thing. So, while any of them is not harming me, their attitudes just bother me.

When it comes to my dreams, I have to admit that I'm a very selfish guy, because my ultimate dream is to become rich. I want to have so much money that I can do literally whatever I want. Buy everything I want, go anywhere I want. There's a background for this very materialistic way of thinking, so bear with me...

I grew up in Venezuela, a very poor country (well, it's actually very rich but our governors are stealing everything, but that's a topic for another day). Things don't work here at all, many people are poor and we are one of the third-world countries with the worst life quality. Thankfully and luckily I come from a family that, while not rich, has more economical freedom than the average Venezuelan. But I grew up wanting to live in a civilized country with economical opportunities. Do you guys know that the minimum wage in Venezuela is a pathetic 10 DOLLARS? When the equivalent to buy the basic food basket is worth $ 66? Not only that, but the crime rate is insanely high (out capital, Caracas, is the second most dangerous city in the world, for God's sake! Other cities in the country are also included in the top 10).

Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. I just want to live a good life and move the hell out of Venezuela, which I'm doing soon, hopefully. I'm a month and a half away from graduating from college and will try to move to a different country. Staying there legally, wherever it is, is a challenge, though. But I'm willing to try it. I mean, I think it's bull**** that money doesn't buy happiness. OF COURSE it buys happiness. Not all of it, but come on, if you are a person who gets happy when you buy stuff or when you travel, how can you tell me money doesn't give you happiness?

I'd also love to be a dad someday. I'd like having four or five kids (I grew up in a huge family and I loved it, and I want it to stay that way). But, I'm not going to have kids if I can't provide for them and give them the lifestyle I have (which is pretty good) or an even better one.

So my head is a mess right now, because I don't want to see people, I don't want to meet new people, I want to live in a different country but moving abroad is really hard and stressful, I'm also a month away from presenting my thesis to finally graduate from college, and so on. I have many things in my head right now. I've been told I'm going through the 20s crisis, because I feel this anxiety of just thinking "What now?". I've been a student my entire life and lived with my parents but that's about to change, and it's pretty scary. It's time for me to start building my life, my space, my own identity, and it just feels too soon. I'm only 23, for God's sake! I just hope I can sort things out soon and have my mind at peace.

And for anyone going through a difficult time, always feel free to talk to me if you need help. I love listening to other people's stories :)

P.S: sorry for double posting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Figured I'd say something here since I moderate/own both the Mewtwo Discords I can safely assure you that they aren't too dead and you can feel free to join should you wish to.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, the tier list is out. We got 37. At least everyone will shut up about Mewtwo being "the worst in the game" >__>

Aww I didn't read the last pages in time D: The feels, God D: I know the topic is already over but I feel like sharing my story now.

I have nothing to complain about, honestly. I was blessed with the best set of parents and sisters anyone could ask for. We're all very close and have no problems when it comes to our relationships.

I've always been a shy guy, and somewhat insecure. However, that has never stopped me from getting friends. I actually have a decent amount of them. It isn't hard for me to socialize either; I'm a nice guy and people usually like me when they meet me.

... However, lately, out of the blue, and I really don't know why, I've started to become a little angry at... the world? I don't know. For the last two months I haven't really wanted to do anything with anyone. It's like I want to lock myself away and shut everyone out (except for my family). I don't do anything on the weekends. My friends always invite me to hang out somewhere but I just don't feel like seeing them. Actually last weekend they all went camping and they invited me but I just didn't want to go.

I do feel very disappointed by two of my best friends. One of my flaws is that I'm very intolerant and tend to judge people easily, but I'm really trying to change that. The decisions my friends have made affect me in no way whatsoever but I just feel so let down by them. One of them was this nice "daddy's princess" and all of a sudden she became a party girl, drinker, smoker and whatnot, and has new friends that I don't like at all. The other one has a girlfriend but he always cheats on her. It's disappointing because his girlfriend is a really nice girl and I just imagine how she would feel if she knew what her boyfriend does. He always makes up excuses to try and justify his actions: "I was drunk", "It was nothing serious", "She means nothing to me", etc. But in the end, he's just betraying his girlfriend's trust, and that just saddens me and angers me. I'm a very fair person, and I don't think he's doing the right thing. So, while any of them is not harming me, their attitudes just bother me.

When it comes to my dreams, I have to admit that I'm a very selfish guy, because my ultimate dream is to become rich. I want to have so much money that I can do literally whatever I want. Buy everything I want, go anywhere I want. There's a background for this very materialistic way of thinking, so bear with me...

I grew up in Venezuela, a very poor country (well, it's actually very rich but our governors are stealing everything, but that's a topic for another day). Things don't work here at all, many people are poor and we are one of the third-world countries with the worst life quality. Thankfully and luckily I come from a family that, while not rich, has more economical freedom than the average Venezuelan. But I grew up wanting to live in a civilized country with economical opportunities. Do you guys know that the minimum wage in Venezuela is a pathetic 10 DOLLARS? When the equivalent to buy the basic food basket is worth $ 66? Not only that, but the crime rate is insanely high (out capital, Caracas, is the second most dangerous city in the world, for God's sake! Other cities in the country are also included in the top 10).

Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. I just want to live a good life and move the hell out of Venezuela, which I'm doing soon, hopefully. I'm a month and a half away from graduating from college and will try to move to a different country. Staying there legally, wherever it is, is a challenge, though. But I'm willing to try it. I mean, I think it's bull**** that money doesn't buy happiness. OF COURSE it buys happiness. Not all of it, but come on, if you are a person who gets happy when you buy stuff or when you travel, how can you tell me money doesn't give you happiness?

I'd also love to be a dad someday. I'd like having four or five kids (I grew up in a huge family and I loved it, and I want it to stay that way). But, I'm not going to have kids if I can't provide for them and give them the lifestyle I have (which is pretty good) or an even better one.

So my head is a mess right now, because I don't want to see people, I don't want to meet new people, I want to live in a different country but moving abroad is really hard and stressful, I'm also a month away from presenting my thesis to finally graduate from college, and so on. I have many things in my head right now. I've been told I'm going through the 20s crisis, because I feel this anxiety of just thinking "What now?". I've been a student my entire life and lived with my parents but that's about to change, and it's pretty scary. It's time for me to start building my life, my space, my own identity, and it just feels too soon. I'm only 23, for God's sake! I just hope I can sort things out soon and have my mind at peace.

And for anyone going through a difficult time, always feel free to talk to me if you need help. I love listening to other people's stories :)

P.S: sorry for double posting!
I've met some people from Colombia and Argentina, but never Venezuela. You guys have a notoriously corrupt government...

My best advice to you is this: bad friends corrupt good character. It's better to be alone than to hang out with bad people. A wise man once said, choose your friends wisely; be picky.

I hope you get a Visa and move to a better country. I wish you success in your life. I'd love to see you with 5 kids, sure. That sounds like a wonderful family plan.

Money can buy you happiness, despite what people say, but it's fleeting. They always poll people, from poor to billionaires, and they always say they are depressed that they don't have more. Money cannot buy you contentment. That's the thing. Now, joy? How does one have joy? Hope? For whether you die a beggar or a billionaire, you take nothing with you. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul? Something to think about.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I don't really care were Mewtwo falls he will always have potential to win a tournament

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So i made a Combo Video before the patch ruined my life check it out and let me know what you guys think!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rIQWdaHd0Q
Excellent! Personally, I'm not a fan of the music stopping with just the in-game sounds and no editing in the middle. That style always goes nicely right at the beginning or the end. In the middle, it breaks the flow a bit.

The part where you comboed Falco, though, was better, because you had the static and rewind effects to spice it up.

Just my 2¢.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Overtired from work and staying up till dlc is out and cousin comes over so this post could very well be all over the place.

First thing I'ma mention is that C3CC C3CC mentioned minimum wage where he is being $10 but I'm guessing that's in the currency of his country. Canada's highest is $11 in Ontario iirc and it isn't much better. Far as I've heard, the US can have it as low as $7? Don't live there or know anyone personally who works there so not 100% sure on that. Bottom line is that minimum wage sucks no matter where you are though I'm not trying to diminish the significance of C3CC's post. Just a thing I felt like bringing up.

Second thing, I personally believe money brings happiness seeing as how I'm an odd case of living proof of it. I never knew this part of me existed as a teen since I never had money and had a very selfish outlook on life but once I got a job and started getting pay cheques, I realized that I love spending on others. Sure I spend on myself too but nowhere near as much. I've bought my sister around 20 amiibo ($20 each) over the course of a year, have spent a bit on my cousin and mother and have most likely spent over or close to $1000 on a girl I like in another country. And before anyone brings it up, no, she's not using me. She actually says no to a lot of my gifts but I'm a persistent little **** about it and she eventually accepts. Call her weak-willed or whatever if ya want but I'm the one spending and bringing up gifts all the time in the first place. I just get a huge amount of happiness when I see/hear the reactions from giving gifts, moreso than from anything else I've ever done. Could probably call it an addiction given how much it empties my wallet. I am improving on it though, saving up for a car and my g2 (second portion of a Canadian drivers license) so I can go see the girl I mentioned before and for just the benefits driving brings (hate the city I live in so going anywhere else even for just a trip would be wonderful).

Third thing and actually Smash related. Mewtwo's tier placement is a bit low for my taste but it hardly matters. If we believe he's higher up then we prove it. Mewtwo got some amazing buffs and may even get more today and it's up to us to prove that he's better than what that list says. The only hindrance that tier placement causes is people hoping to get into the Sm4sh scene and wanting a viable character to use probably won't go straight to Mewtwo.

TL;DR third paragraph (if the first sentence isn't considered one) is my thoughts on Mewtwo's tier placement. Other two paragraphs are just there if you wanna get to know me a bit better since two things C3CC mentioned got me wanting to talk about stuff. Welcome to being tired~

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be so sure about Roy....
Roy has done literally nothing noteworthy outside of locals, while players like Blue, Mewsquared and Reflex are all putting in work with Mewtwo and doing very well with him. At least Mewtwo can actually finish a stock off unlike Roy and isn't doomed as soon as he's sent offstage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Roy has done literally nothing noteworthy outside of locals, while players like Blue, Mewsquared and Reflex are all putting in work with Mewtwo and doing very well with him. At least Mewtwo can actually finish a stock off unlike Roy and isn't doomed as soon as he's sent offstage.
If you want to compare like that, so Roy can finish a stock just as fine if not better.... he has a lot of kill power, and he isn't doomed as soon as he reaches 80%.
And honestly, who exactly has done anything noteworthy with Mewtwo outside of locals? I still want to see Mewtwo in, heck, in a Top 32 in a national! Did it happen and I miss that? If it didn't, so Roy and Mewtwo are on the same boat, pal....
Unless some Roy reached Top 32 and Mewtwo didn't, which I wouldn't know since I don't follow or care for the Roy scene.

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt Roy being higher than Mewtwo was a little odd. I've hardly seen him in action since his DLC release. I suppose with all the Fire Emblem characters that he was a tad forgotten.

Top Bottom