• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25.

Anyway I can't believe how quickly Roy fell from the new favorite character to complete irrelevence. It's kinda sad really.

I do agree that Mewtwo is a better character than him. I feel like Mewtwo is going to be Smash 4's Melee Yoshi. Everyone underestimates the character for years and then one player is gonna blow everyone's mind.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Roy has done literally nothing noteworthy outside of locals, while players like Blue, Mewsquared and Reflex are all putting in work with Mewtwo and doing very well with him. At least Mewtwo can actually finish a stock off unlike Roy and isn't doomed as soon as he's sent offstage.
The irony is that Roy's recovery isn't exactly Little Mac awful. At least Roy's air speed is high, so even though Blazer lacks the travel distance, he can still get back onstage, as long as he doesn't get edge-guarded after using the mid-air jump.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I've met some people from Colombia and Argentina, but never Venezuela. You guys have a notoriously corrupt government...

My best advice to you is this: bad friends corrupt good character. It's better to be alone than to hang out with bad people. A wise man once said, choose your friends wisely; be picky.

I hope you get a Visa and move to a better country. I wish you success in your life. I'd love to see you with 5 kids, sure. That sounds like a wonderful family plan.

Money can buy you happiness, despite what people say, but it's fleeting. They always poll people, from poor to billionaires, and they always say they are depressed that they don't have more. Money cannot buy you contentment. That's the thing. Now, joy? How does one have joy? Hope? For whether you die a beggar or a billionaire, you take nothing with you. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul? Something to think about.
Thank you very much! I hope you have success in life too :) I'm saving that last paragraph. It was inspiring, haha.

Overtired from work and staying up till dlc is out and cousin comes over so this post could very well be all over the place.

First thing I'ma mention is that C3CC C3CC mentioned minimum wage where he is being $10 but I'm guessing that's in the currency of his country. Canada's highest is $11 in Ontario iirc and it isn't much better. Far as I've heard, the US can have it as low as $7? Don't live there or know anyone personally who works there so not 100% sure on that. Bottom line is that minimum wage sucks no matter where you are though I'm not trying to diminish the significance of C3CC's post. Just a thing I felt like bringing up.

Second thing, I personally believe money brings happiness seeing as how I'm an odd case of living proof of it. I never knew this part of me existed as a teen since I never had money and had a very selfish outlook on life but once I got a job and started getting pay cheques, I realized that I love spending on others. Sure I spend on myself too but nowhere near as much. I've bought my sister around 20 amiibo ($20 each) over the course of a year, have spent a bit on my cousin and mother and have most likely spent over or close to $1000 on a girl I like in another country. And before anyone brings it up, no, she's not using me. She actually says no to a lot of my gifts but I'm a persistent little **** about it and she eventually accepts. Call her weak-willed or whatever if ya want but I'm the one spending and bringing up gifts all the time in the first place. I just get a huge amount of happiness when I see/hear the reactions from giving gifts, moreso than from anything else I've ever done. Could probably call it an addiction given how much it empties my wallet. I am improving on it though, saving up for a car and my g2 (second portion of a Canadian drivers license) so I can go see the girl I mentioned before and for just the benefits driving brings (hate the city I live in so going anywhere else even for just a trip would be wonderful).

Third thing and actually Smash related. Mewtwo's tier placement is a bit low for my taste but it hardly matters. If we believe he's higher up then we prove it. Mewtwo got some amazing buffs and may even get more today and it's up to us to prove that he's better than what that list says. The only hindrance that tier placement causes is people hoping to get into the Sm4sh scene and wanting a viable character to use probably won't go straight to Mewtwo.

TL;DR third paragraph (if the first sentence isn't considered one) is my thoughts on Mewtwo's tier placement. Other two paragraphs are just there if you wanna get to know me a bit better since two things C3CC mentioned got me wanting to talk about stuff. Welcome to being tired~
Yeah, $10 in Bolivares, which is Venezuela's currency. The thing is that we get $10... A MONTH. Minimum wage here is 9.500 Bs and the basic food basket is worth 65.000 Bs... Can you believe that? In the US, for example, minimum wage is $7 an hour (although it depends on the state; some have it higher).

It's ok. If you want to call it an addiction, at least it's a great one. I also love giving stuff to people I care about, as you said, their faces when they receive their gifts are priceless. :)

So I don't know if you guys remember I told you about an upcoming tournament I have on February 20 and I didn't know whether choosing Rosalina or Mewtwo... I'm going with Rosalina =/ My game with her is much more solid... BUT I am picking Mewtwo for friendlies :) At least I can give him some representation, even if it's not a serious thing. At least that way no one will say "Absolutely no one cares about Mewtwo, no one chooses him".

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
If you want to compare like that, so Roy can finish a stock just as fine if not better.... he has a lot of kill power, and he isn't doomed as soon as he reaches 80%.
And honestly, who exactly has done anything noteworthy with Mewtwo outside of locals? I still want to see Mewtwo in, heck, in a Top 32 in a national! Did it happen and I miss that? If it didn't, so Roy and Mewtwo are on the same boat, pal....
Unless some Roy reached Top 32 and Mewtwo didn't, which I wouldn't know since I don't follow or care for the Roy scene.
Having a lot of kill power hardly equates to the overall viability of said character, and there's lot of evidence for that. DeDeDe, for example, has massive kill power, multiple jumps, a great vertical recovery and a semi-spammable projectile but is still considered lower tier than most of the cast, and is so slow that all of that hardly matters.

Kill percentage in the sense of U-Smash makes sense, but as a whole it does not. If Mewtwo is not KO'd from the side blast zones, his enormous recovery will almost ensure that he will make his way back.

Edited for typos.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Thank you very much! I hope you have success in life too :) I'm saving that last paragraph. It was inspiring, haha.

Yeah, $10 in Bolivares, which is Venezuela's currency. The thing is that we get $10... A MONTH. Minimum wage here is 9.500 Bs and the basic food basket is worth 65.000 Bs... Can you believe that? In the US, for example, minimum wage is $7 an hour (although it depends on the state; some have it higher).

It's ok. If you want to call it an addiction, at least it's a great one. I also love giving stuff to people I care about, as you said, their faces when they receive their gifts are priceless. :)

So I don't know if you guys remember I told you about an upcoming tournament I have on February 20 and I didn't know whether choosing Rosalina or Mewtwo... I'm going with Rosalina =/ My game with her is much more solid... BUT I am picking Mewtwo for friendlies :) At least I can give him some representation, even if it's not a serious thing. At least that way no one will say "Absolutely no one cares about Mewtwo, no one chooses him".
Didn't even think about the rate for the pay cheques, that is pretty crazy.

And addictions by their nature aren't good. Spending on others is considered 'good' since it's selfless and nice and whatnot but I'm only able to get away with it since I don't pay rent. Once I get my own place, I'll have to cut back or it'll come back to bite me. Gotta keep telling myself to cut back on spending.

And good luck with your tournament! Don't have to use Mewtwo in tournament to rep him. If you do use him in friendlies, you can show people what he's capable of.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I also think that Roy being above Mewtwo is just wrong. He should be in the same tier as Marth, IMO. I feel that Lucas is on par with Mewtwo unless future results prove me wrong there. I like Lucas's potential so far and I'm interested in seeing how far he can go.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Having a lot of kill power hardly equates to the overall viability of said character, and there's lot of evidence for that. DeDeDe, for example, has massive kill power, multiple jumps, a great vertical recovery and a semi-spammable projectile but is still considered lower tier than most of the cast, and is so slow that all of that hardly matters.

Kill percentage in the sense of U-Smash makes sense, but as a whole it does not. If Mewtwo is not KO'd from the side blast zones, his enormous recovery will almost ensure that he will make his way back.

Edited for typos.
Roy is not slow, though.... his frame data is fine, specially with a sword in his hand. He is not fast, which is what keeps him from being much higher, but he is definitely not slow, which is what keeps him from being Ganondorf or DDD.
Also, Mewtwo dies early as hell for stuff like Falcon's F-Smash near the edge, earlier than almost everybody. He is glass canon. His ability to survive is not as big as you think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What has Lucas done besides Pink Fresh doing stuff with him at Xanadu? Even Mekos, the best Brawl Lucas player, thinks he's bottom 10 in this game and Nakat's Lucas isn't very good either, but he only plays him as a secondary so I guess that figures. I don't agree with the sentiment myself, but it's pretty evident as to why Lucas has such low representation.

C3CC

Smash Lord
What has Lucas done besides Pink Fresh doing stuff with him at Xanadu? Even Mekos, the best Brawl Lucas player, thinks he's bottom 10 in this game and Nakat's Lucas isn't very good either, but he only plays him as a secondary so I guess that figures. I don't agree with the sentiment myself, but it's pretty evident as to why Lucas has such low representation.
What? No!! Lucas is just fine as he is right now. I think he got the right place in the tier list. There's no way he's botton 10, what is that guy talking about? Lucas can make some mad combos, but has unreliable recover.

Then again, I don't know tooooo much about the technical specs of the game, so I may be failing to see other facts. But come on, Lucas is definitely not a bad fighter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Roy is not slow, though.... his frame data is fine, specially with a sword in his hand. He is not fast, which is what keeps him from being much higher, but he is definitely not slow, which is what keeps him from being Ganondorf or DDD.
Also, Mewtwo dies early as hell for stuff like Falcon's F-Smash near the edge, earlier than almost everybody. He is glass canon. His ability to survive is not as big as you think.
This is further evidenced by my customization experiments. A +85 Attack Reverse Warlock Punch 1-hit KOs Mewtwo at the center of any Omega form stage, even if Mewtwo's defense value is set at +43. Whereas, Mr. Game & Watch is able to survive the 1-hit KO with a +43 defense value.

However, against Little Mac's +116 attack KO Uppercut, a +43 defense Mewtwo manages to survive the 1-hit KO, which is strengthened further by the Anchor Jump bonus effect.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
And Samus is still being much more underrated than all of those chars despite having done more than all of them!
Hello? Top 8? Took a game off of ZeRo?
And she too has a lot of potential still to be unveiled.... right now the Samus boards are cooking something theoretically big actually. But only time will tell.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I feel that bottom 10 is a stretch. He's way better than a lot of the bottom tier (I don't think Charizard belongs there but that's an argument for another time). Lucas doesn't have a particularly excellent tool that propels him to top tier or anything, but he has a lot of good tools that combine well to form a well-functioning character. He's got a good throw game, his grab isn't nearly as poor anymore, he has good specials overall, and pretty nice aerials. Lucas, like Mewtwo, was just buffed (although not as heavily), so it's pretty much wait and see at this point. In theory, he's a well built character. It'll just take some results to see if that theory can be backed up.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
This is further evidenced by my customization experiments. A +85 Attack Reverse Warlock Punch 1-hit KOs Mewtwo at the center of any Omega form stage, even if Mewtwo's defense value is set at +43. Whereas, Mr. Game & Watch is able to survive the 1-hit KO with a +43 defense value.

However, against Little Mac's +116 attack KO Uppercut, a +43 defense Mewtwo manages to survive the 1-hit KO, which is strengthened further by the Anchor Jump bonus effect.
I actually OHKO'ed a Falco near the edge with an aerial reverse Warlock Punch on For Glory once.... though that was a pretty bad DI for sure.

EDIT: Dang, I just re-watched to footage and the lightening appeared when I hit the move, so it was an OHKO o.o
He could probably (maybe) have survived if he had DI'ed the right way, but at least wrong DI wasn't the fault of the death....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel that bottom 10 is a stretch. He's way better than a lot of the bottom tier (I don't think Charizard belongs there but that's an argument for another time). Lucas doesn't have a particularly excellent tool that propels him to top tier or anything, but he has a lot of good tools that combine well to form a well-functioning character. He's got a good throw game, his grab isn't nearly as poor anymore, he has good specials overall, and pretty nice aerials. Lucas, like Mewtwo, was just buffed (although not as heavily), so it's pretty much wait and see at this point. In theory, he's a well built character. It'll just take some results to see if that theory can be backed up.
Fair points. I also agree about Zard not being in bottom tier. Why are Lucina and 1111 Mii Brawler higher than him? Legitimately a crime. I suppose it has to do with his lack of players and results, which is pretty sad considering Zard has a good amount of stuff going for him even though I feel like he's not consistently viable at top level.

Like Roy, Lucas' biggest problem is safely securing a stock. All his smashes are laggy and unsafe on shield (bar fsmash), and even though his grab is better now it still suffers from having short range and being more punishable than a regular grab on the account that it is a tether. I know his up throw kills and bthrow/fhrow do near the ledge, but still. His poor approach and subpar mobility also don't really help him.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Roy is not slow, though.... his frame data is fine, specially with a sword on his hand. He is not fast, which is what keeps him from being much higher, but he is definitely not slow, which is what keeps him from being Ganondorf or DDD.
I am aware of all of this. Roy isn't slow, but neither is Mewtwo. Both of these characters are glass cannons, but only one of them has a projectile. At the moment, both can kill well, have good combos and nice frame data. But just saying that 'Roy has a lot of kill power' isn't enough to justify that that's what puts him over Mewtwo, because if that was the case, Bowser would be a hard counter to Sheik. But he isn't. There are too many other variables to say that kill power gives the ultimate advantage. For example, when can Roy most often use his kill power to beat Mewtwo down? Mewtwo arguably has better spacing and could make it difficult for Roy to get many sweet spots.

Don't mistake the words 'ability to recover' with 'ability to survive.' We both know that Mewtwo has crap survivability and dies at early percentages, but the difference between the two is how much better the other can get back and safely should they survive in the first place. Mewtwo has much more going for him recovery wise than Roy, with an equally impressive, if not more so, double jump, the little boost gained from confusion and another major recovery move in Teleport. Roy has his double jump, a small boost from Blazer and his Up+B (can't remember the name), but ultimately suffers because he has faster falling speed.

I wanted to make a very brief note on your comment about the Roy scene in competitive - truth is, there sort-of isn't one. At least not anymore. Early on, Roy was considered a threat but nobody mains him anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually OHKO'ed a Falco near the edge with an aerial reverse Warlock Punch on For Glory once.... though that was a pretty bad DI for sure.
That's quite an interesting find. Anyway, the information that I brought up pretty much gives people an idea on how poor Mewtwo's horizontal endurance is. Most fighters can survive the +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch if their defense is set at +43 or better, but Mewtwo needs more defense than that.

Of course, the information ends up being moot when you consider that landing a hit with even the standard Warlock Punch is difficult; if you can't stop the super armor, just stay away from the attack's range until you can take advantage of the vulnerable frames.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
That's quite an interesting find. Anyway, the information that I brought up pretty much gives people an idea on how poor Mewtwo's horizontal endurance is. Most fighters can survive the +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch if their defense is set at +43 or better, but Mewtwo needs more defense than that.

Of course, the information ends up being moot when you consider that landing a hit with even the standard Warlock Punch is difficult; if you can't stop the super armor, just stay away from the attack's range until you can take advantage of the vulnerable frames.
That's rather interesting considering, as a light character, people would be inclined to launch Mewtwo towards the top blast zone than the sides. Maybe his vertical weight was buffed, but not his horizontal?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I am aware of all of this. Roy isn't slow, but neither is Mewtwo. Both of these characters are glass cannons, but only one of them has a projectile. At the moment, both can kill well, have good combos and nice frame data. But just saying that 'Roy has a lot of kill power' isn't enough to justify that that's what puts him over Mewtwo, because if that was the case, Bowser would be a hard counter to Sheik. But he isn't. There are too many other variables to say that kill power gives the ultimate advantage. For example, when can Roy most often use his kill power to beat Mewtwo down? Mewtwo arguably has better spacing and could make it difficult for Roy to get many sweet spots.

Don't mistake the words 'ability to recover' with 'ability to survive.' We both know that Mewtwo has crap survivability and dies at early percentages, but the difference between the two is how much better the other can get back and safely should they survive in the first place. Mewtwo has much more going for him recovery wise than Roy, with an equally impressive, if not more so, double jump, the little boost gained from confusion and another major recovery move in Teleport. Roy has his double jump, a small boost from Blazer and his Up+B (can't remember the name), but ultimately suffers because he has faster falling speed.

I wanted to make a very brief note on your comment about the Roy scene in competitive - truth is, there sort-of isn't one. At least not anymore. Early on, Roy was considered a threat but nobody mains him anymore.
The kill power was never said to put Roy over Mewtwo, but it was to counter the earlier made implication that Roy has trouble killing.... which he doesn't, at all.
I'm aware Mewtwo has a top 3 recovery in the game, but you were saying Mewtwo's weight was only a problem if he gets hit by an Up Smash, which is far from truth.

Just keep in mind, though, I hit an aerial reverse Warlock Punch, which is much stronger than a grounded one. And it was near the edge, not at the center.

EDIT: Eh, why not, you guys can see it by yourselves if you wish.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's rather interesting considering, as a light character, people would be inclined to launch Mewtwo towards the top blast zone than the sides. Maybe his vertical weight was buffed, but not his horizontal?
I have not received the newest update yet, so I can't say if Mewtwo received any changes. I will say though, that for a fighter who has the second lowest weight, Mewtwo isn't all that floaty with a 1.5 falling speed value.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
The kill power was never said to put Roy's over Mewtwo, but it was to counter the earlier made implication that Roy has trouble killing.... which he doesn't, at all.
I'm aware Mewtwo has a top 3 recovery in the game, but you were saying Mewtwo's weight was only a problem if he gets hit by an Up Smash, which is far from truth.
I didn't imply that Roy has trouble killing. I was implying that kill power on its own does not make a character better than another. Sorry for not clarifying that enough. EDIT: Did you mean somebody else implied that Roy has trouble killing?

The reason I emphasized Up-Smash over F-Smash or D-Smash is because Mewtwo's recovery loses a lot of utility when he is hit straight up. Again, sorry for not clarifying.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I didn't imply that Roy has trouble killing. I was implying that kill power on its own does not make a character better than another. Sorry for not clarifying that enough. EDIT: Did you mean somebody else implied that Roy has trouble killing?

The reason I emphasized Up-Smash over F-Smash or D-Smash is because Mewtwo's recovery loses a lot of utility when he is hit straight up. Again, sorry for not clarifying.
Yes, it was the guy that I replied earlier on that said something like "at least Mewtwo doesn't have trouble killing".... but it's all fine now :p

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
1. Roy is not a glass cannon at all. He is a fast faller and has some decent weight to him, making him somewhat resistant to vertical KOs.

2. Roy has above-average kill power on Usmash, Fsmash, and Ftilt at least. The problem becomes landing the sweetspots on these moves.

3. Mewtwo is getting top 8 or better in locals with increased frequency in strong regions. In Texas, Sethlon -- perhaps the very face of Roy -- has not made top 8 in recent memory. Mew² has made top 8 a couple times, same region. I've never seen a Roy in top 8. Ergo, I do not see how results point to Mewtwo being lower than Roy at all. I don't think Roy is garbage tier at all, but he just seems to be lacking for some reason.

4. Lucas has seen some success, but it is very mixed. I feel like the full potential of Lucas has not been fully realized. I do not feel comfortable making claims about his tier placement. I've seen Lucas get destroyed and I've seen Lucas destroy a Mewtwo player. Lucas is an enigma to me.

5. I do think Samus is underrated. Recently, Samus players have been doing some great things. I don't feel like a character that made top 8 at a decently large tournament can be called bottom tier. Zelda and Puff have less to show for themselves. Right now I'd put Samus above Ganondorf and Roy, somewhere, but I don't know how high I'd place her.Blue's Mewtwo right now has better consistency than any Samus player I'm aware of.

6. Foreign scenes. Japan we all know fairly well. Mexico? We're getting to know them pretty well. Canada? Several of their top players compete in the USA already. Australia is slowly gaining exposure but is not competing internationally much yet. Dubai has a Smash scene, but it's fairly insular for obvious reasons. Now...

The real enigma is the UK and greater EU. For whatever reason, this burgeoning scene is not only rather segmented, but also is not making any progress in America at all. Just yesterday I had someone arguing with me about Yoshi being overrated. I feel Yoshi is very much overrated based on results in regions Americans are familiar with. But because there's some mystery guy in Europe who's amazing with Yoshi, I was told, no, Yoshi does deserve to be next to Captain Falcon.

My response is this: there are a lot of European Smash fans. Get your matches online for scrutiny at the least if you want your character use to be seriously considered by the rest of the world, even if you can't fly to America for tournament play.

So, in closing, NONE of my character impressions ever include anyone from Europe, because I've perhaps never seen any European Smash 4 play at all.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I agree that Samus should move up. She's a prime example of tunnel vision, where people overlook the good characteristics of her and focus only on the bad.

And the Miis being ranked is honestly a joke. The arbitrary 1111 limits for them are stupid (but that's the fault of TOs that want to pander to tourneygoers that think that's a fair thing), and not nearly enough people play them because of these restrictions. They should honestly be kept out until further notice.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I agree that Samus should move up. She's a prime example of tunnel vision, where people overlook the good characteristics of her and focus only on the bad.

And the Miis being ranked is honestly a joke. The arbitrary 1111 limits for them are stupid (but that's the fault of TOs that want to pander to tourneygoers that think that's a fair thing), and not nearly enough people play them because of these restrictions. They should honestly be kept out until further notice.
I don't want to start that old discussion again, but if Miis should have customs, so should everybody else and every custom should be allowed including Cyclone Dong, Super Extreme Camper Edition Villager and Penetrating Needles.... that is what fairness is, all characters treated equally, without "special" benefits applied for only ones.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
1. Roy is not a glass cannon at all. He is a fast faller and has some decent weight to him, making him somewhat resistant to vertical KOs
A glass cannon doesn't have to be floaty, have low weight and be resistant to vertical KOs to be a glass cannon. Little Mac, anyone? A glass cannon is a character who follows a "high-risk, high reward" playstyle to some extent. Roy has good killing power but mediocre or even bad recovery. He is considered by some to be one the easiest fights to edge guard in the game.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Representation doesn't make a character; it supports their position on a tier list, but it doesn't define their place. It's the character's design and frame data. Otherwise Shulk would be bottom 10, but no one on the planet can say that properly.

Last edited:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Fantastic combo video.

The combos, music, and editing are all superb. Excellent work!!! :D
Man thank you so much I'm really glad you like it those are really kind words haha thanks again dude :)

When the combo/string are just right

Excellent job my friend, really, it was on point.
lmao that's dope thanks for the kind words man that picture is on point

Excellent! Personally, I'm not a fan of the music stopping with just the in-game sounds and no editing in the middle. That style always goes nicely right at the beginning or the end. In the middle, it breaks the flow a bit.

The part where you comboed Falco, though, was better, because you had the static and rewind effects to spice it up.

Just my 2¢.
I appreciate the input man and i do get what you are saying its something ill keep in mind for my future videos.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I consider Little Mac to be the biggest proponent of the glass cannon archetype in Smash instead of Mewtwo. Mewtwo has some characteristics of a glass cannon as well, but Little Mac seems a lot more built around it, especially around high level play.

Also, the Mii special moves are not custom moves. But I agree, let's save that argument for another thread and end that here.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
So the DLC is coming out at the worst possible time for the EU (3:30AM GMT or something stupid like that) which really puts a dampener on my hype. It's too late to stay up for and too early to get any meaningful rest before it drops.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I don't want to start that old discussion again,
Then why butt in with it? You just started it.

but if Miis should have customs, so should everybody else and every custom should be allowed including Cyclone Dong, Super Extreme Camper Edition Villager and Penetrating Needles.... that is what fairness is, all characters treated equally, without "special" benefits applied for only ones.
No. It's not the same. The game does NOT treat them the same. Mii characters do not exist until you make them. When you make them, you can choose any special. When customs are OFF, you can pick Miis, and they still use their player-chosen specials.

I don't care if Palutena has 500 special moves; when customs are off, she is stuck with Warp, Reflect, Counter, and Autoreticule. That's it.

If you're going to arbitrarily mandate 1111 Miis you may as well ban Miis... which is exactly what has ostensibly happened, because now NO ONE plays Miis seriously anymore. You want to ban Miis? You hate Miis and want to **** on them? Fine. But NEVER anyone pretend that allowing 1111 Miis is some kind of magnanimous olive branch.

So the DLC is coming out at the worst possible time for the EU (3:30AM GMT or something stupid like that) which really puts a dampener on my hype. It's too late to stay up for and too early to get any meaningful rest before it drops.
Just enjoy it when you next have a chance. I don't understand why so many people are dejected at having to wait, or it coming out at a bad hour. Just download it when you can and enjoy.

Is Bayonetta only going to last for an hour? Will Corrin be less fun on 2/4? No.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
No. It's not the same. The game does NOT treat them the same. Mii characters do not exist until you make them. When you make them, you can choose any special.
You know what? You are right, Miis are characters created by the players, and you know what no other fighting game allow on the competitive scene? Player created characters.
Ban Miis. Simple.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
There is an article on reddit showing that it could come out at 4 PST. The gist of it is, Nintendo announced early morning for Europe, morning for Japan and afternoon for US. If it came out after the maintenance, it would be Evening for U.S. and almost afternoon for Japan. Plus, we don't need server maintenance to play the new patch, just online. So corrinetta could come out before maintenance, but not be playable online til after.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You know what? You are right, Miis are characters created by the players, and you know what no other fighting game allow on the competitive scene? Player created characters.
Ban Miis. Simple.
I would rather Miis be banned than to be stuck with half a Mii. At least it is intellectually honest.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Just enjoy it when you next have a chance. I don't understand why so many people are dejected at having to wait, or it coming out at a bad hour. Just download it when you can and enjoy.

Is Bayonetta only going to last for an hour? Will Corrin be less fun on 2/4? No.
For me it has little to do with playing the game itself. The hype comes from watching the patch notes come in and seeing my favourite streamers play the new characters for the first time live. That may sound weird but it's something I've really begun to like as I've gotten older.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I consider Little Mac to be the biggest proponent of the glass cannon archetype in Smash instead of Mewtwo. Mewtwo has some characteristics of a glass cannon as well, but Little Mac seems a lot more built around it, especially around high level play.

Also, the Mii special moves are not custom moves. But I agree, let's save that argument for another thread and end that here.
The funny thing is, Little Mac is heavier than Mewtwo, but I guess when you consider how awful his air game and recovery are, I can probably see where Little Mac can be a glass cannon.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm uploading my replays now before they get deleted and after watching them, it's almost painful to see how poorly I played in some of them and how much worse my fundamentals were. Too many bad FG habits like excessive rolling or air dodging. After taking the initiative to improve on that kind of crap, I started to improve more, but it's still not at a level yet where I'm confident or satisfied with my skill level.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
There is an article on reddit showing that it could come out at 4 PST. The gist of it is, Nintendo announced early morning for Europe, morning for Japan and afternoon for US. If it came out after the maintenance, it would be Evening for U.S. and almost afternoon for Japan. Plus, we don't need server maintenance to play the new patch, just online. So corrinetta could come out before maintenance, but not be playable online til after.
It probably will; I managed to buy Cloud about an hour before the patch was released.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm uploading my replays now before they get deleted and after watching them, it's almost painful to see how poorly I played in some of them and how much worse my fundamentals were. Too many bad FG habits like excessive rolling or air dodging. After taking the initiative to improve on that kind of crap, I started to improve more, but it's still not at a level yet where I'm confident or satisfied with my skill level.
That rolling habit is so aweful. I haven't played online for months and I still do it occasionally. :l

C3CC

Smash Lord
*Hopes that Rosalina and Yoshi don't get touched and that Palutena and Charizard are blessed with a wave of the magic Buff Wand*

... And Mewtwo and Lucas could also use a couple more buffs :p

Top Bottom