• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Mapquest isn't working at the moement. What's the general area you're in PCat?

Gimme landmarks.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Rhan exit 258A off 64 J Clyde Morris Blvd, take that to the end and make a right onto Warwick. Head down Warwick you'll pass CNU, then a Harris Teeter on your right, then a Bojangle's on your left and then you'll come up to a Mcdonald's on your left; that is Hidenwood Drive. Make that left and follow Hidenwood until you go over 3 speed bumps and see the signs for 300 on your left, park in the middle part of the lot and I'm in #B4.

I got landmarks all up in this *****.

Trey, make that 3pm instead of 2 I got some junx to do.

rhan

Smash Hero
Word. I'll be there. Always got my setup.

After you said Harris Teeter I knew where you're at. Use to live in that general area. How far away are you from Hidenwood Elm?

CStick

Smash Lord
Somebody teach me how to play Modern Warfare 2! I played one online match last night and got slaughtered. 11 kills and 17 deaths. I forget what stage it was. It was like, respawn->get shot. respawn->get knifed. respawn->claymore. Does this get better with time? gawd. And everyone was like rank 40 or so and I was rank 1.
I have a 1.45 kdr with a 1.26 w/l ratio, so I think I may be able to help.

first, learn how to shoot accurately and fast. Learn how to aim from the hip, learn how many bullets it will take to kill someone so you can stop shooting and save ammo, etc. Take your technical skill and speed and apply it to MW2

learn the stages inside and out so you can effectively use your radar and know where people usually run to and from, etc. Know good camping spots, good routes to the enemy spawn, etc.

have a good connection. One thing that really breaks this game is the host system; if you're playing on a console, and your connection is not good, then you will suffer inborn lag. A good example is when you get killed by a guy whom you swore you saw and shot at first way before he could have reacted. Watch the killcam and see what REALLY happened. If your connection is not stellar, then this kind of lag is something you'll have to come to accept.

camp, camp, camp - especially if the enemy has UAV up or a good killstreak. Just sit with your teammates and wait for people to come to you until you learn what you're doing.

Understand how the spawn system sucks major *** in the game. In CoD4, the spawn system was great. Sure, it allowed spawn-camping and pin-downs on certain maps, but you and enemies would always spawn away from each other. Now, you respawn wherever a teammate happens to be. It's stupid. You can either spawn into a deathtrap or get killed solely because an enemy spawned right behind you. You can even respawn in midair and fall to your death depending on the physics of your next spawn.

best guns to use = SCAR-H, TAR-21, FAMAS and M16, and the UMP.

SCAR = no recoil, good sights, and kills in two hits with stopping power
TAR = fast-firing but minimal recoil, and also kills in two hits with stopping power
FAMAS and M16 = burst-fire guns that, with stopping power, are broken. The M16 is still as broken as it was in CoD4; one pull of the trigger = three bullets into enemy easily with no recoil = instant +100. Same for the FAMAS, but it has a slightly slower reload speed and crappier sights.
the UMP is the new MP5, but was less recoil and a slightly slower fire rate. Also shares ammo with secondaries that use the same ammo (i.e. the H&K USP pistol)
Also, if you snipe, the intervention is the best sniper I've played with thus far. The RPD is still also the best LMG to use as well.

suck it up until you unlock cold-blooded, ninja and stinger missiles. Once you get cold-blooded and ninja, you can stop camping so much and run around with a ghost class (silenced weapon + cold-blooded + ninja = undetectable on enemy radar, heartbeat sensors, and once you level up ninja, your footsteps make no noise.) You'll love stinger missiles because they will destroy almost every vehicle killstreak in one hit. Until then, you're best off avoiding going outside during an active killstreak.

Emergency airdrop = best killstreak reward, because you can now hold onto multiple killstreaks, unlike other CoD games. You'll basically be allowed to grab four random killstreaks. Imagine getting a precision airstrike, EMP, an AC-130, and a pave-low all at once. But, of course, it's random - just like the care package. but you have such good odds of getting something ridiculous.

don't play FFA or any hardcore mode. Stick to Team Deathmatch, tactical if you get good enough, and flag/war/domination. Less camping and random shenanigans in those.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Jwolf and I have faced that power before!
DR.PP and lozr dont play son!
Edit: Man fudge that Im tired of "I lost cause I was drunk the night before" bullspit.
Ive heard that too many times. It pisses me off.
so does this mean dr pp is better then lozr?
pp is significantly better than lozr. every tournament i see them, pp spanks that really harshly. the sets usually arent even close.

i wasnt really making an argument for tiers breaking the game, but ur point is cool...

until u started talkin about ma man PP. that kind of mindset toward competitive play is exactly what keeps people from improving. several months ago, no one would have said that hbox had a chance at beating m2k but lo and behold...

the only thing i can be sure of is that U will never beat any of them in melee/brawl because u have said so yourself. I am not gonna go claim that i will someday beat those players u named but i will say that: 1) I carry the mindset that I someday will be able to and 2) PP **** sure WILL beat them in the NEAR future.
i DEFINITELY called this before rom2 results. someone get at me? lol!!!!!

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Who all is going? I'm trying to go if a lot of people are going!

And Ether, I just don't feel I'm as technical as others haha.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I'm really bored and don't know why I'm even posting here lol. Can't wait to play you all when I get back in Dec.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol. I heard the reason Mango lost wuz cuz he got drunk the night b4.
hahahhaahhaha dude it was MY hotel room he got completely trashed...TRASHED....TRAAAAAAAASSSSHHHEEEEDDD in. Seriously.

"Irresponsible" was said a lot by some. But then we saw teczeeroooo OMG...that's a whole other story.

Back to Mangeezy: this guy was literally rolling and stumbling around. Falling off of a bed he just sat down on. Still asking to take more shots. Calling us out on giving him a shot of water >_<

Mid-stumble he mused "...and I'm still gonna win this ****ing tournament tomorrow!"

And we all thought he was right, too :(

And then we moved him to the toilet where he sat indian-style on the floor while his forehead was on the rim of the toilet. He didn't actually puke, but we didn't move him from there for 2 hours.

Then we dragged him out and laid him down, covered him up a bit, and made sure he was alright [since all of us were going to sleep and didn't want him in that other position the whole night].

People need to get off of that John, though.

The 100% truth of the matter is:

He played the matchup incorrectly. He's not very good vs. a Ganon who knows his matchups VERY well [like Kage does].

In fact, Kage's good at all THREE of those matchups: Puff/Falco/Falcon. He beat ALL of those when Mango threw em at him.

That being said: Dr. Peepee ALSO knows the Ganon matchup extremely well and 3-0ed him XD

rhan

Smash Hero
Yesterday was fun. Sorry if I seemed like a tight *** at first. I felt like I had something to prove but then I started to loosen up a bit.

Schoolie: We need to play more. And I need to play more of that Jiggs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wow Toasty, that is crazy. Btw I heard drunken Tec0 is insane. I'm interested in hearing about this sometime. =p

Btw I didn't name-search. I just like seeing how the SoVA bros are doing. =p

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Bah.. didn't check the boards yesterday and couldn't make it to your fest PCat.

Whoa, Mango losing his first tourney for a couple of years? Pretty big news. His win streak may have gone on as long as Ken's did back in the day. LOL at your posts Toasty; I've done the indian style thing before and suffice to say it sucks.

2nd place GO Dr Pee Pee! Grats!

CStick

Smash Lord
Indian style? At least you were conscious, lol.

I had two nights where I felt like I would have rather had been hit by a car. I just woke up and knew that I would feel it for another day or so...:embarrass

no smashies thanksgiving, but next week is gonna be a three-day break. I would like to smash on at least one. I'll be sure to find a day that works best for peeps i.e. my place? smash? sounds good yes?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
smash at csticks...i accept

sman and rhan give up their seconds why?
and had fun playing everyone at pcats except ether....b/c i didn't get to play him =(.....maybe b/c of someone -cough-jwolf-cough- pcat tyvm for having me over
=P

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm never giving up Samus. But I rarely get to play her.... :( If Shaden drops Falco...... Then that's just one more Falco I won't have to worry about. :chuckle:

So it's less than 2 months until Pound 4.....

-Who's all going?
-When are peeps leaving?
-How long is people staying?
-Where are people staying?
-Who's got room for little old me??? :D

I got a court date the 15th of Jan. (Trying to get it moved). But if that happens I won't be going to school. So I could possibly be able to leave that day. Halp a nigg out. :)

JWolf

Smash Cadet
smash at csticks...i accept

sman and rhan give up their seconds why?
and had fun playing everyone at pcats except ether....b/c i didn't get to play him =(.....maybe b/c of someone -cough-jwolf-cough- pcat tyvm for having me over
=P

You could have if you accepted my front seat money match. But someone was a bit scared O.o

The_Doug

Smash Ace
no smashies thanksgiving, but next week is gonna be a three-day break. I would like to smash on at least one. I'll be sure to find a day that works best for peeps i.e. my place? smash? sounds good yes?
Yes. Most days are good for me; let us know the day asap.

Top Bottom