• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

CStick

Smash Lord
lame...

I really wanna get some smash in. I'm already getting fed up with MW2's lagfest, and would like to play a game where the reason why I'm losing isn't because I don't have a T3 connection or am from Europe, where they magically suck away all the host capacity.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Super Serious Post. Really.

I have incredibly tragic news.

Doug/Caboose/Pcat...I think you guys were the only SoVa people who had the pleasure of maybe meeting NES n00b at Tipped Off 5 [he stayed at my house...amazing Captain Falcon player...amazing person...always smiling.]

He was killed in a car crash on Tuesday night because someone was driving the wrong way on the highway. It was a head-on collision.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256913

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
:(:(:(:(

NES Noob was probably my favorite new person that I met at Tipped Off 5. I Falcon dittoed him for an hour or so after doubles and have always remembered it fondly. He made me laugh a lot...had a really wacky sense of humor. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, always smiling and willing to bull**** around with anyone.

RIP NES Noob

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Of all the dry, smart-***, clever response in the world, none of them take away from the seriousness of that news.

I hope it was instant and over before any pain. RIP my unacquainted friend.

rhan

Smash Hero
After reading that article I feel like being silent for the rest of the day.... :(

I haven't met him but I have talked to him over these boards before about random stuff.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
::sigh::
im almost thankful i didnt get around to having a real chat with him. this one would be too painful

RIP NES noob. here's hoping 2009 will finally end quietly

rhan

Smash Hero
So........ About that fest CStick. Still going on? I can bring a car load of people. :)

Also just to reiterate:

So it's less than 2 months until Pound 4.....

-Who's all going?
-When are peeps leaving?
-How long is people staying?
-Where are people staying?
-Who's got room for little old me??? :D

I got a court date the 15th of Jan. (Trying to get it moved). But if that happens I won't be going to school. So I could possibly be able to leave that day. Halp a nigg out. :)

CStick

Smash Lord
well...here is the deal:

I want to smash. But, that means it'll probably be in my garage if more than three people show interest. It's starting to get cold out. I'm not sure how cold my garage gets, and I'll only have one big TV and two small ones unless Tech gives me back the one he borrowed thanks to him having ****ty TVs in his house, etc. I'll also need some cubes/setups, and possibly another TV or two (or three).

We can't blast heaters AND have smash going on since that'll trip the breakers, so if the weather is supposed to be balls cold, anyone who shows up will have to make due and wear smash mittens and a jacket.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
if i lived there and came i would definitely call temperature johns. My two handicaps for melee are cold hands and hunger. Both very much legit.

CStick

Smash Lord
very well. Smash hopefully at my place this Saturday. Be prepared for it to be below room temperature. I'll try and host early so you guys can smash a lot more before night falls and makes it colder.

I'll post details when I'm confirmed.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
We should def. have a crew battle recorded with Yuno and someone commentary.

Hilarity will ensue.

rhan

Smash Hero
well...here is the deal:

I want to smash. But, that means it'll probably be in my garage if more than three people show interest. It's starting to get cold out. I'm not sure how cold my garage gets, and I'll only have one big TV and two small ones unless Tech gives me back the one he borrowed thanks to him having ****ty TVs in his house, etc. I'll also need some cubes/setups, and possibly another TV or two (or three).

We can't blast heaters AND have smash going on since that'll trip the breakers, so if the weather is supposed to be balls cold, anyone who shows up will have to make due and wear smash mittens and a jacket.
I'm down. I'll bring a set up and a blanket. :)

And 4-5 other people!

Edit: Also if there is a sudden change. Either call/text/Aim me. Made that mistake going to Ether's once.... :chuckle: I can only check the boards at school now. And at other peeps houses.

AiM: LilRhan4
No.: 757-268-4585

Ether

Smash Ace
My eyes are killing me from playing too much MW2. CStick, your tips really helped! You're amazing for having a 1.45 kdr... I was getting creamed until recently, and I brought my kdr up from .60 to .88 and rising. Still have a long way to go...

I'm getting sick of knifing/shooting people only to have the Kill Cam show me that my attack never came out. Also, I suck at sniper rifles.

CStick, teach me more magic!

I'm at rank 43. The M16 with stopping power is helping out a lot. Ninja+Cold Blooded aren't helping out as much as I had hoped. It'd probably help more with a Bling sniper rifle with Thermal+Silencer.

rhan

Smash Hero
CNU vs. any crew
Cnu vs team sova?

For team richmond practice what?
I'm down for a crew battle. Too bad STARS is broken up at the moment.

Who would be apart of Team SoVA though?

cnu crew=joke crew

oh **** he went there
GHOHOHOHOHHHO

This guy has a sense of humor.

everybody come to duke this saturday sc and tn people are coming :)
If only Duke wasn't so far. Plus we already got Smash plans this Saturday. :/

Top Bottom