• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Yunho

Smash Rookie
hey im 2-0 draf crew battle come see me and im dead last in singles and team come try take my spot haha happy turkey day

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Overrated? *sigh*

I think any holiday that doesn't quite appeal to a specific person or didn't play a large role in their lives/childhood can be described as overrated.

Some people don't give a **** about Mother's Day while others break their backs trying to make it a special day for their mothers [note: I'm not stating my own feelings regarding the holiday]. Then there are people whose mothers are dead or abusive. Either way, they might not want to be reminded of them.

Thanksgiving is no different.

Someone's parents could have been divorced over a fight that started at the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day. Others might be Native Americans (>_>).

Or, in my case, Thanksgiving could be the singular most wonderful holiday of the year. I've been blessed with an abnormally large family and the means to have been in their presence every year for this holiday. All the best stories among our cousins and most of our fondest memories stem from celebrating this holiday over the years.

This is the first time EVER in my entire life [and in the lives of my siblings who are 32 and 27] that I have not spent this holiday with my siblings, parents, and a large chunk of my extended family. I can't express the longing I'm feeling right now. I'm not asking for sympathy, either. When I said that growing up in those conditions was a blessing, I meant it to the very extent of its definition.

All I'm saying is:

This is the only thing that has ever managed to take the taste out of food for me.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Overrated? *sigh*

I think any holiday that doesn't quite appeal to a specific person or didn't play a large role in their lives/childhood can be described as overrated.

Some people don't give a **** about Mother's Day while others break their backs trying to make it a special day for their mothers [note: I'm not stating my own feelings regarding the holiday]. Then there are people whose mothers are dead or abusive. Either way, they might not want to be reminded of them.

Thanksgiving is no different.

Someone's parents could have been divorced over a fight that started at the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day. Others might be Native Americans (>_>).

Or, in my case, Thanksgiving could be the singular most wonderful holiday of the year. I've been blessed with an abnormally large family and the means to have been in their presence every year for this holiday. All the best stories among our cousins and most of our fondest memories stem from celebrating this holiday over the years.

This is the first time EVER in my entire life [and in the lives of my siblings who are 32 and 27] that I have not spent this holiday with my siblings, parents, and a large chunk of my extended family. I can't express the longing I'm feeling right now. I'm not asking for sympathy, either. When I said that growing up in those conditions was a blessing, I meant it to the very extent of its definition.

All I'm saying is:

This is the only thing that has ever managed to take the taste out of food for me.

thank you toasty for ruling out meaningless statements
either way i think he's just jealous

D0N

Smash Ace
I didn't realise Thanksgiving doesn't happen here until recently... hope you guys enjoy yours though

Ether

Smash Ace
Doug - Yep! I'd love any knowledge you wanna give.

I can't host sat. b/c I work 2-10...yeahhhh...But Sunday, yes?

I'll start on the essay, pcat, though you may be the only one interested.

Now, one last big thing. I can't go to Pound 4. On the job training is in Jan.

rhan

Smash Hero
**** you and your horrible hours Ether. >_>

I work 11 - 5 Sunday. And 4:45 - 10 on Saturday. Saturday would have been better. Plus Crystalnite has to leave Sunday anyway.

rhan

Smash Hero
I was thinking about it. But I'm not sure..... Cause then I'd have to leave around like 9 or 10....

I have no idea if my mom will believe I work a 9 hour day.... :(

I'm already "Working" now.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Doug - Yep! I'd love any knowledge you wanna give.

I can't host sat. b/c I work 2-10...yeahhhh...But Sunday, yes?

I'll start on the essay, pcat, though you may be the only one interested.

Now, one last big thing. I can't go to Pound 4. On the job training is in Jan.
I was just joking about that whole thing that no one cares.

Really I would read it and use it for my secondary of Marth definitely.

I just want you to go to P4 son!

And I will be there early on Sunday. We need more games ASAP!

and btw, I love my avatar, makes me want to play smash. But i used IV's suggestions as desktops so don't think that post went to waste =]

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Ah pretty disappointed to hear about your dropping out Ether, but I definitely understand it. Part of the reason why I dropped out of the smash scene a couple years ago was job related. When I had training at Cox it was 8-5 Monday to Friday back in early 2007. Guess they changed that now?

Now where the heck can I find a really good/fast Marth/Fox/Sheik to partner with x.X

Smash Sunday. Yes I likes.

CStick

Smash Lord
on Sunday...around 8pm. If you guys are smashing 'til like midnight I'll definitely come by. If not, then like I said I'll try to smash next week since I get three days off somehow.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Doug, clearly you should post in the Pound thread about needing a teammate =D

....or you could team with me roflllllll

oh D0N forgot to ask: about Australia having no Thanksgiving, are there any Australian holidays that aren't widely celebrated elsewhere? Noteworthy ones, anyway...

Top Bottom