• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
laugh agreed ^

Hey IV i would def want to play with you when you come into town hit me up if you are down to smash 757-202-4262

....is kp going to pound? and IV are you?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Rhan i won't lie that does show weak character from you, but like you said it is what ever....

and i def agree malco i do feel like i can beat some of those people higher then me on ethers list, so just to say to all you smashers higher then me on that list im coming for you =P

P.S: we should do a sova rankings...? =)
while i did mean to stir some heated conversation by asking for a list, i didnt mean for it to go that far. i stayed over at nc-echo's (host of billfests) for a night and in the morning bill, karn, and PP took like 2+ hours to discuss the brawl power rankings in nc. that kind of "official" declaration of "X-Player is better than Y-player" gets really tedious and controversial. on the flip side, it does invoke some competition which helps out the region as a whole. nc is definitely a strong melee community, but people ***** a lot about stuff including power rankings (as well as how broken sheik is; and how broken marth is; and how brooken falco is; and how broken jiggs is; and how broken fox is; etc u see where this is going).

These lists are tearing us apart!
my sentiments exaclty

laugh agreed ^

Hey IV i would def want to play with you when you come into town hit me up if you are down to smash 757-202-4262

....is kp going to pound? and IV are you?
i havent spoken to kp in a while...ima contact him. as for me, i really didnt want to, but i may end up shelling out the cash cuz the tournament's so close

The previous page reminds me of 12 year old girls.
are u staying in the news over thanksgiving?

rhan

Smash Hero
All I gotta say is, if I disrepected snyone with my list, my B. That's my honest observations.

and if you underestimate me, you better prepair yourself because I haven't unleashed the beast yet.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
*yawn* honestly its like whatever, if ether thinks something of you prove yourself to make him think otherwise. I honestly think I'm a little to high on the list so what I plan to do is play as if I were that high to really prove to him I'm that good. Everyone that feel's that they are lower should really think and just prove themselves and not go at the guy that said it.

I know this because someone I play a lot and I feel is a lot better than that list is oro?, but he may have posted and said it was disrespectful still has the mentality of going about and proving ether wrong by beating people in matches to prove everyone wrong.

If you have a discrepancy go out and prove it to someone, but if you feel you have to do that then you already lost. I personally feel if you are lower on the list than what you thought, you should take it as a blessing and be glad. I am higher than I feel I should be, and yes it does motivate me to play better, but it also puts a X on my chest as, "Oh, Ether thinks he's better than The Doug, if I beat him than I must be better than so so and so."

It's all someone's opinion and if it's that serious then prove them wrong. Don't take it out on that person like it's their fault thats how they see things. If I had an opinion about someone I would not take it as serious if they told me I was wrong and if they SHOWED me I was wrong.

I guess it's just my opinion and I just feel that people that cheated ether because of his list is wrong. Just prove it to him and maybe he will change his list. Everytime I am at one of his fests I always pull him aside and play him as many times as I can. If you want someone to notice how good you are that's a really good way. =]

Sorry for wall o text.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
*yawn* honestly its like whatever, if ether thinks something of you prove yourself to make him think otherwise. I honestly think I'm a little to high on the list so what I plan to do is play as if I were that high to really prove to him I'm that good. Everyone that feel's that they are lower should really think and just prove themselves and not go at the guy that said it.

I know this because someone I play a lot and I feel is a lot better than that list is oro?, but he may have posted and said it was disrespectful still has the mentality of going about and proving ether wrong by beating people in matches to prove everyone wrong.

If you have a discrepancy go out and prove it to someone, but if you feel you have to do that then you already lost. I personally feel if you are lower on the list than what you thought, you should take it as a blessing and be glad. I am higher than I feel I should be, and yes it does motivate me to play better, but it also puts a X on my chest as, "Oh, Ether thinks he's better than The Doug, if I beat him than I must be better than so so and so."

It's all someone's opinion and if it's that serious then prove them wrong. Don't take it out on that person like it's their fault thats how they see things. If I had an opinion about someone I would not take it as serious if they told me I was wrong and if they SHOWED me I was wrong.

I guess it's just my opinion and I just feel that people that cheated ether because of his list is wrong. Just prove it to him and maybe he will change his list. Everytime I am at one of his fests I always pull him aside and play him as many times as I can. If you want someone to notice how good you are that's a really good way. =]

Sorry for wall o text.
this man is **** right

Nah I'll be in Pennsylvania until Friday probably and then Richmond until classes start again. :psycho:

Boose: <3

Everyone: Please stop worrying if Ether thinks you're good and just play melee.
sad face (without the emoticon because actually saying sadface on the internet seems to be more effective for some reason)

Moneymatch?
LOOOLLLL

Ether

Smash Ace
Out of all the sets between JWolf and The Doug, I don't know if Doug won any. It always comes close, down to the last match, maybe last stock. But after every smashfest/tourney, Doug has a way of coming back with revamped strats and solid tech skill, so who knows.

Ether vs. JWolf is pretty even and terrifying on my end at least, probably frustrating for JWolf sometimes. I think it's 51/49 in my favor, but it's really even.

I'm sure I didn't give Oro enough credit, but that's cuz I never play him. Same for most everybody on the list. I think there are some players that stand out to me, and they are me, JWolf, Doug, Shaeman, SpeedYoshi, Crystalnite (in no particular order, u haterz). I think if we made a crew out of these 6, we'd fare well not only against Team Richmond but possibly even the likes of Jman, G$, Alu, Reno, and all those tri-stater's.

And that's what the focus should be on, everyone. I don't have to tell you how many times Tope has indirectly said I'm not good enough, but I keep getting better (Tope, mm?), and I know you all will, too. Also, if you've taken games off me, like Crystalnite, you know you're pretty ****. ;)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I try not to underestimate anyone.
Jeff sorry for not returning your call.
Last Night=Bad Night.
We need to talk teams. (
and other stuff
)
I think there is something missing.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Ether : What Doug said.

Doug: Some sets soon?(PS - use Sheik)

I'd love to. Just need a time and place!

Once our electrical issues are worked out at my place I may be able to start throwing a fest every other week instead of pressuring poor Ether/C-Stick all the time.

Ether if you host today I'll bring soda.. and doughnuts??

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
doug you live in ocean view? my boss is having the same problems so i feel for you =/

and i will contribute to some food if a site is provided =)

Schoolie hey man not trying to start anything what so ever your a great smasher but i am challenging you I know ether's list really doesn't mean anything except his opinion but it is a little self goal of mine to move to the top of it, so if you think we could schedule a date to play that would extrme'ly appricated......anyday any time just a few days notice would be nice =)

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
good **** jwolf.
ether, i like the idea, but i'm not so sure how it'd work out
we should play more.
i don't see anything wrong with it. we only have 4 members. 1 of which doesn't leave newport news. (did i mention he's 18?)
the other lives in north carolina.

then we have 2 others that always get in trouble.... *cough*

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Doug must be lonely to want to smash on Turkey Day, you would at least watch the Detroit Lions lose that day.

I'm good the day after, possibly the day before.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
GL! And WTF only go MARTH in teams! Marth in teams is really tough to play as and takes tons of practice. ROM2 will be great experience for ya Toast.
FML.

I wish I saw this post before the tournament.

:(

The day before I left for NY, I played a good bit against XIF. He made note of something that I should have kept in mind.

"You and SleepyK really need to have more confidence. You guys are good." [for the record, Sleepy's leagues ahead of me @_@]

But that's a MAJOR flaw for me when it comes to using my top tiers.

I'm also not used to the concept that I could even WIN important matches when it comes to Smash. So I find solace in having fun using characters I love with teammates I'll never/rarely team with again.

We had a stacked doubles pool [whether intentionally or accidentally, the TO decided to give himself a relatively easy pool with only 1 team out of 6 others to pose as anything close to a threat (though they weren't)...meanwhile we had three 1st seed teams in our pool [and only top 3 make it out of pools]

Kage + PKMvodka
Spawn + HomeMadeWaffles
Eggm + Swiftbass

double pika went pretty well, though, considering we've never teamed and I got train-***** HARD so I was 3 hours late to the tournament and had NO warmup ;__;

also, with regard to rankings:
1) lolllll

...that's all I got.

But really?

If you beat someone and can always beat someone...that's all it means. You can/do beat them.

I skimmed over the posts because lol12yearoldgirlstufflol.

But.

[my personal opinion]

Being "better" than someone means that you can/do beat the people that they lose to.

OHHMY****INGGODIFORGOT:

If people didn't know.

Mango did NOT win ROM2!!!!

Kage beat him 2-0, Ganon Vs. Falco/Falcon in Winners AND 2-1 Ganon Vs. Falco(win)/Puff(loss)/Puff(win) in Losers Semifinals.

Mango got 4th.

Kage got 3rd.

MAH ***** DR. PEEPEE GOT 2ND BECAUSE HE BEAT LUCKY/DARC/JMAN AMONG OTHERS GAWDDAAAAMMMMNNNNNNN

And...

Hungrybox got 1st and didn't lose a single set.

Sadface.

CStick

Smash Lord
so today was the worst work day in awhile.

I then get a 4-point ticket on the interstate.

I then get an unfixable flat tire ten minutes down the road.

Then I log onto SWF, look at this topic, and see this list of who the best in the HR are, and watch as the list gets horribly perverted as time goes by.

I'm gonna **** all of you for this. gg SoVA.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
I heard it was because NO JOHNS MANGO/MANGO FANBOYS

Im trying to host some melee today. Anyone interested? GTFO would have to be around midnight but I'm free starting about 2pm.

Ether

Smash Ace
I think I pissed a lot of people off with that list. >_>;

JWolf, do you really think you're too high on the list? How come?

Somebody teach me how to play Modern Warfare 2! I played one online match last night and got slaughtered. 11 kills and 17 deaths. I forget what stage it was. It was like, respawn->get shot. respawn->get knifed. respawn->claymore. Does this get better with time? gawd. And everyone was like rank 40 or so and I was rank 1. :(

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Ether don't worry about that list forreal, but honestly i wouldn't mind doing a real rankings so we can have a real list...even tho no one seems down for the idea but yea

rhan

Smash Hero
good **** jwolf.
ether, i like the idea, but i'm not so sure how it'd work out
we should play more.
i don't see anything wrong with it. we only have 4 members. 1 of which doesn't leave newport news. (did i mention he's 18?)
the other lives in north carolina.

then we have 2 others that always get in trouble.... *cough*
You wouldn't be talking to me would you? I love how we rarely see each other yet retain our skills. It's pretty amusing.

Who is the other person? Dom?

I think I pissed a lot of people off with that list. >_>;

JWolf, do you really think you're too high on the list? How come?:(
I'm not mad. You just need to play me more. And not my BS characters.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Batman and anyone else: 300 Hidenwood Drive Apt B4 Newport News 23606

I think a Sova power rankings would be cool but should involve input and discussion from everybody.

rhan

Smash Hero
PCat. What times? I can make it out the house around5. And stay til like 10.

HYPED. I just saw RoM2'as results.

PEEEEEEEEE PEEEEEEEEEEE IS THE SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Jwolf and I have faced that power before!
DR.PP and lozr dont play son!
Edit: Man fudge that Im tired of "I lost cause I was drunk the night before" bullspit.
Ive heard that too many times. It pisses me off.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I think he has been better. I remember Lozr telling me at the first Big sova tourny that DR.PP was better then him.
Then he JV 3 stocked me! :[

Top Bottom