• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Sup Tope, sup Dr Peepee. We need to smash a-gain.

Saw Lisa earlier at Kinkos. I was like I want to Fedex this stuff but don't know how:confused: She was like ohh you can't send it to yourself silly :rotfl: Gluck at the interview today Vince!

Any fests happenin on the weekand??? C-Stick?

CStick

Smash Lord
I can't smash this weekend due to work jonzzzz. I also need to stop staying up til 6am playing MW2 so I can get sleep on my days off and wake up early enough to actually host, lol.

Ether

Smash Ace
Ether - remember not to ramble on too much, that can make it seem like you're nervous, stick to one or two sentence answer for most questions. If it's a really open-ended one feel free to be a little more in depth with your answer so it makes it seem like you know what you're talking about, but again make your point clearly and early on.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPEEEEEE
HOLY ****, you posted in this thread, AND you gave me advice about SERIOUS stuff?

Thanks x 10000000.

Tope, come down and play. I tend to host every few weeks. I will straight pay for a full tank of gas for your car the moment you arrive, and then if we have a tourney, I'll try to win some of it back. I'm very serious. I only ask that we finally team in some friendlies. So when can you come? Pick a day out of the week and I'll try to make it happen. If not, then I'll send you a PM every day asking you to come.

BTW, the job interview went very well! Here's hoping I get that magical call back in about 10 days. But I mean, they said, "Why don't you go ahead and fill out the paperwork for drug testing...just in case you get that call back?" And one of the two interviewers said that he would look to me to be one of the guys who helped trained the weaker employees.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPEEEEEE

Also, it still stands that if I get the job, I will write a massive article about Marth, especially in my specialty match, Marth vs. Sheik. (Could this be why Tope helped me???)

Finally, Tope, I am your #1 fan in the whole world so come pay a visit.
*Free tank of gas
*Free food
*Smashers around here have gotten pretty tough
*Team with Ether in friendlies
*Ether is #1 fan

Toasty - good luck at RoM2.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
When they asked for the drug testing info already, I would think you have the job, imho.

Ether are you hosting Saturday? I've got nothing to fill the time I'm awake with this weekend.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
ether can u post a makeshift list of the top players in sova? this would mostly be according to what uve observed at ur smashfests. if u dont mind of course lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I work Saturday till 3pm, so maybe I can host at 5pm till whenever?? Sound good?

Also, my thoughts exactly about the drug test info.
Good sh-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

I can bring G-O and Pitzer with me Sataurday. Pitzer's probably gonna drive though.... (Not having a repeat....). We'll probably stay until like..... 9 or 10-ish?

I wanna play peoplez............. I'm so bored.....

ether can u post a makeshift list of the top players in sova? this would mostly be according to what uve observed at ur smashfests. if u dont mind of course lol
  1. Ether
  2. Doug
  3. Shaeman
  4. JWolf
  5. Oro
  6. C-Stick
  7. Rhan
  8. Bats
  9. Malco
  10. Lisa
  11. Patriotic Zero
  12. G-O
  13. G-Mon

That's how I see it as most active Melee players. I wonder if my list will be simular to Ether's....

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255903

Anyone else have this problem?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Good sh-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

I can bring G-O and Pitzer with me Sataurday. Pitzer's probably gonna drive though.... (Not having a repeat....). We'll probably stay until like..... 9 or 10-ish?

I wanna play peoplez............. I'm so bored.....

1. Ether
  2. Doug
  3. Shaeman
  4. JWolf
  5. Oro
  6. C-Stick
  7. Rhan
  8. Bats
  9. Malco
  10. Lisa
  11. Patriotic Zero
  12. G-O
  13. G-Mon

That's how I see it as most active Melee players. I wonder if my list will be simular to Ether's....

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255903

Anyone else have this problem?
wow this list actually looks really good. i think alex should see this LOL.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
"Maybe if I exclude CNU from this list, I can have a higher placement on said list!"

If only you could hold tourneys in this fashion, Rhan might actually survive pools.

Ether

Smash Ace
Singles
Ether
JWolf
The Doug
KnightPraetor
S-Man
SpeedYoshi
Crystalnite
Malco
PoehlCat
CStick
SchoolieDee
Batman
Oro
Rhan
Lisa
Scooba/Scuba(sp?)
UKnow(sp?)

Teams
JWolf
Ether
The Doug
Malco
Crystalnite
KnightPraetor
SchoolieDee
SpeedYoshi
Batman
Poehlcat
CStick
Lisa
Oro
Rhan
Scooba
Uknow

Oro?

Smash Rookie
Singles
Ether
JWolf
The Doug
KnightPraetor
S-Man
SpeedYoshi
Crystalnite
Malco
PoehlCat
CStick
SchoolieDee
Batman
Oro
Rhan
Lisa
Scooba/Scuba(sp?)
UKnow(sp?)

Teams
JWolf
Ether
The Doug
Malco
Crystalnite
KnightPraetor
SchoolieDee
SpeedYoshi
Batman
Poehlcat
CStick
Lisa
Oro
Rhan
Scooba
Uknow

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! what are you thinking man.

this is disrespectful.....

my spots in both singles and doubles

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Singles
Ether
JWolf
The Doug
KnightPraetor
S-Man
SpeedYoshi
Crystalnite
Malco
PoehlCat
CStick
SchoolieDee
Batman
Oro
Rhan
Lisa
PITZER?! WTF HOW YOU FORGOT ME YOU D:<
Scooba/Scuba(sp?)
UKnow(sp?)

Teams
JWolf
Ether
The Doug
Malco
Crystalnite
KnightPraetor
SchoolieDee
SpeedYoshi
Batman
Poehlcat
CStick
Lisa
Oro
Rhan
Scooba
Uknow

Insert Rage of the Puerto Ricans

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, I don't really know you guys well enough. My bad. Do you guys regularly beat the ones above you?

Also, I'm canceling smash tomorrow...I'm going to try to take care of that drug test after work. In fact, smash is canceled until that drug test happens.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol this is fun. anyway, ill be in sova from wednesday through sunday, and my winter break starts 2 weeks after that and lasts for a month so yeah.

GET AT MEH, SON !!

The_Doug

Smash Ace
oh...oh man.

ROM2 this weekend.

Wish me luck ^_^

Ness/Pika/Marth/Fox in teams

but only Marth in singles!!!
GL! And WTF only go MARTH in teams! Marth in teams is really tough to play as and takes tons of practice. ROM2 will be great experience for ya Toast.

I work Saturday till 3pm, so maybe I can host at 5pm till whenever?? Sound good?

Also, my thoughts exactly about the drug test info.
Hey Ether there's a place that does drug tests really close to where ya live just off Northampton and Diamond Springs Blvd next to a Subway and they are never busy. Did Barbara interview you? Or Chris? I'm curious how it went :D
*hint that Dug want smash*

rhan

Smash Hero
"Maybe if I exclude CNU from this list, I can have a higher placement on said list!"

If only you could hold tourneys in this fashion, Rhan might actually survive pools.
This comming from the guy doesn't host anything or go to toruneys.

But I won't fault you for not reading my post fully. I said most active smashers. PCat and Speed deserved to be on my list though.

Singles
Ether
JWolf
The Doug
KnightPraetor
S-Man
SpeedYoshi
Crystalnite
Malco
PoehlCat
CStick
SchoolieDee
Batman
Oro
Rhan
Lisa
Scooba/Scuba(sp?)
UKnow(sp?)

Teams
JWolf
Ether
The Doug
Malco
Crystalnite
KnightPraetor

SchoolieDee
SpeedYoshi
Batman
Poehlcat
CStick
Lisa
Oro
Rhan
Scooba
Uknow

KP isn't SoVA anymore.... Nor is crystalnite....

It's funny how I beat Malco and Bats yet I'm still ranked below them.... :(

Ether needs to see more of me... I feel disrepected on the list. But it's whatevs.

Ether

Smash Ace
rhan - see, I was afraid of that. It's really hard for me to compare anyone other than me, Doug, and KF. Don't worry, you're ****.

So is Crystalnite. I'll hit you up.

Doug - I was interviewed by Lisa Owens and Kirk Hendrix. It was awesome. I'll tell you more about it later.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'll post my address, but remember, no smash today! Maybe tomorrow, if I'm able to get the drug test done. We'll see.

Waterford Apartments
5573 Dunloe Dr.
Apt. 102
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
(757) 416-7362

When you come in, you'll see two gates. Take the gate on the right. There's a box for a passcode. The number is 859. Continue driving straight as long as you can, following the curve to the right. At the intersection after the curve, turn left, then immediately turn right. Park in the visitor spaces on the right by the bushes or you will get towed.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice

It's funny how I beat Malco and Bats yet I'm still ranked below them.... :(

Ether needs to see more of me... I feel disrepected on the list. But it's whatevs.
You beat me like I beat you?
or you beat me all the time?
I dont think you should feel disresepected. IV asked for Ethers opinion and he gave it to you. You feeling disresepected makes me feel disrespected because you are someone who I respect as a smasher. Ill admit you have beaten me before but IO can do the same right back.
Who cares.
I disagree with IV being higher then me, but I know he is good so I know why ETHER would think that. Im not going to complain.
Good spit IV!
Oh and thanks ether.
Jeff and I are training!

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Rhan i won't lie that does show weak character from you, but like you said it is what ever....

and i def agree malco i do feel like i can beat some of those people higher then me on ethers list, so just to say to all you smashers higher then me on that list im coming for you =P

P.S: we should do a sova rankings...? =)

Top Bottom