• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Seagull has posted here before.....

Also Sonic is meant to be annoying as a character.
Really? Huh. I haven't seen him before.

Oh, i know (You're Too Slow!) Though, if that is what the Smash team tried to recreate, they did one hell of a job!

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I don't think Sonic's playstyle is supposed to be annoying, per se. My theory is that it emulates the style of recent Sonic games' boss battles - the boss throws an attack, Sonic dodges and retaliates. It's a reacting playstyle. People find it annoying because, when played properly, he's about as hard to hit as smoke.

You want a character who's genuinely annoying, look at the Scout from Team Fortress 2. Similarly fast, similar hit-and-run playstyle, but his attitude and speech are as annoying as you'd expect from a teenage Bronx brat.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't think Sonic's playstyle is supposed to be annoying, per se. My theory is that it emulates the style of recent Sonic games' boss battles - the boss throws an attack, Sonic dodges and retaliates. It's a reacting playstyle. People find it annoying because, when played properly, he's about as hard to hit as smoke.

You want a character who's genuinely annoying, look at the Scout from Team Fortress 2. Similarly fast, similar hit-and-run playstyle, but his attitude and speech are as annoying as you'd expect from a teenage Bronx brat.
Hm, I guess your right. Though if anything, I wished they'd make his Homing attack in Smash more like the one in his actually games. That would be a cool move. Well, maybe if people weren't Too Slow and just Step it Up, maybe they could actually fit Sonic!

Yeah, I can see why Scout is an annoying characters. I always love annoying characters. Maybe it's because I always like to make people made XD. Wait, I know he used to be know as annoying, but would you consider Pit to still be annoying character?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait, I know he used to be know as annoying, but would you consider Pit to still be annoying character?
Nah, I don't think Pit's annoying anymore. Mostly because his new actor is leagues better than the old one. Swapping out his side-B helped too.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
In b4 monday's video is:

"Is Sonic the 2nd best in the game?" Ft. ZeRo, ZeRo, and ZeRo

"So a lot of people have been wonduring how good sonic is, and i think he is potentially the second best in the game"

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
What about moves like lil Mac's Smash attacks or Bowser Jr Side Smash? I don't see them getting nerfed anytime soon and they can kill below 100% on most chracters.
Yeah, which is why I pointed out the guaranteed kill part. Smash attacks are slow and a lot more avoidable than a grab -> death guarantee.

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
in retrospect i don't think ZeRo is going to think much of his loss against Seagull, and neither do i, after seeing what he did the next day. i mean, Seagull did great to beat him but i think whatever ZeRo had going on mentally was a much more dominant factor than Seagull's play in what happened there.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Nah, I don't think Pit's annoying anymore. Mostly because his new actor is leagues better than the old one. Swapping out his side-B helped too.
It's funny seeing as how Pit's old VA was Rogue from Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes. :p

In b4 monday's video is:

"Is Sonic the 2nd best in the game?" Ft. ZeRo, ZeRo, and ZeRo

"So a lot of people have been wonduring how good sonic is, and i think he is potentially the second best in the game"
Wasn't Sonic always considered Top 10 material or at least low high tier? I don't know, this whole thing seems overblown seeing as how the Sonic v Sheik match up was possibly more even than a lot of the Sheik v *insert character here*.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I post here ever so often guys. You know I'm always available more-so through twitter and facebook lol. I get on skype like 6 times a week too.

Don't really know how I won, but I re-watched my set to make sure I won pretty fairly. Seemed like I just outplayed him.

:018:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the match. Amazing stuff Seagull Joe. This just encouraged me to spend more time with Sonic again!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
People can say what they want, but at the end of the day, you won and they can hold that.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
legalize customs

give sonic mii privilege

they're not customs they're sonic specials

#freesonic

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's always customs and footstools.

Brilliant design.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Or Greninja, Peach or MK.

I for one am upset Customs are banned at most places and their potential remains hidden.

:196;

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
That's...neat, I guess? Lost World didn't really catch my interest, but congratulations to those who wanted it and don't have a WiiU.

Anyway, here's a dumb FG Mario.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I didn't buy into Sonic Lost World that much. I only bought it for the Yoshi DLC. In fact, my copy of the game is still sitting on a shelf at my parents house in Minnesota.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Lost World coming to Steam is hype because the modding scene for it will be big.

Sonic Generations PC had a huge modding scene and you got a lot of extra mileage out of the game because of it.

Heck, the Wii U version of Lost World was already modded. And since both Generations and Lost World use the same engine and are both compatible with Sonic GLvl, a lot of the knowledge from modding Generations carries over to Lost World, meaning level mods will start coming out much faster compared to Generations.

ALSO, since Sonic's speed in Lost World doesn't come close to his speed in Generations, the stretches of land required for level mods in Generations are not needed in Lost World, since Sonic's speed is more balanced in Lost World. So they should be easier to model out.

So yeah it's pretty exciting. Lost World was a great game, and the core mechanics were near perfection. The main problem with the game though, was that it frequently made you do random mini-game type levels like rolling around in a snowball. Most of these generally weren't fun on a second playthrough, if even a first playthrough. Level modders will just make levels in the core gameplay style though, which is exciting. And they don't even have to use the spherical planets or anything for their levels, they can just make regular landscapes.

Oh and I am looking forward to the inevitable "Super Sonic Galaxy" mods. :p

But yeah I'm just excited because of the modding scene.

EDIT: Also if you live anywhere other than the UK, don't pre-order Lost World on Steam yet. Apparently they accidentally priced it higher than intended in everywhere but the UK.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, his VA is just so much better. I serious love him :D

Yeah, which is why I pointed out the guaranteed kill part. Smash attacks are slow and a lot more avoidable than a grab -> death guarantee.
Hm, I guess that makes sense. Though by the logic, Lil Mac's Jab and Dtilt will being getting nerfed.

I post here ever so often guys. You know I'm always available more-so through twitter and facebook lol. I get on skype like 6 times a week too.

Don't really know how I won, but I re-watched my set to make sure I won pretty fairly. Seemed like I just outplayed him.

:018:
Ah, so your the famous Seagull Joe. I haven't watch the match yet, but congrats on the win man. Really good job :D.

I'm Unknown Hero, though not that it really matters. I'm no one really.

still, good job. :)

Sonic Lost World coming to Steam is hype because the modding scene for it will be big.

Sonic Generations PC had a huge modding scene and you got a lot of extra mileage out of the game because of it.

Heck, the Wii U version of Lost World was already modded. And since both Generations and Lost World use the same engine and are both compatible with Sonic GLvl, a lot of the knowledge from modding Generations carries over to Lost World, meaning level mods will start coming out much faster compared to Generations.

ALSO, since Sonic's speed in Lost World doesn't come close to his speed in Generations, the stretches of land required for level mods in Generations are not needed in Lost World, since Sonic's speed is more balanced in Lost World. So they should be easier to model out.

So yeah it's pretty exciting. Lost World was a great game, and the core mechanics were near perfection. The main problem with the game though, was that it frequently made you do random mini-game type levels like rolling around in a snowball. Most of these generally weren't fun on a second playthrough, if even a first playthrough. Level modders will just make levels in the core gameplay style though, which is exciting. And they don't even have to use the spherical planets or anything for their levels, they can just make regular landscapes.

Oh and I am looking forward to the inevitable "Super Sonic Galaxy" mods. :p

But yeah I'm just excited because of the modding scene.

EDIT: Also if you live anywhere other than the UK, don't pre-order Lost World on Steam yet. Apparently they accidentally priced it higher than intended in everywhere but the UK.
I just how when people do mod it, that they get rid of the run button but keep his rubber band legs. One of the reasons I love Lost World so much :3.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
At least I'm not the only one who liked Lost World.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
I have always seen Sonic Lost World as a nice game. But I honestly haven't played it yet. So i'm really hyped about this. And it probably will require Sonic Generations requirements. Also, am I the only one that wants Sonic Unleashed for PC?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have always seen Sonic Lost World as a nice game. But I honestly haven't played it yet. So i'm really hyped about this. And it probably will require Sonic Generations requirements. Also, am I the only one that wants Sonic Unleashed for PC?
I remembering seeing it's bad reviews and after playing it, the reviews just seem a little bit harsh for it. Also, do you want just the Sonic Levels or both? Cause if you just want the Sonic, why not get the Unleashed mod for Generations?

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
I actually would like both. Since I actually like the werehog stages. YES. I said it lol.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I actually would like both. Since I actually like the werehog stages. YES. I said it lol.
I don't mind the Werehog levels either (tho I've only play the Wii version). Serious, the only thing I actually hate is why Sega choose to make him a Werewolf? I mean, it just doesn't make any sense. and the story sure as hell doesn't explain it.

Luig

Confused
Quick question, after the bthrow nerf, kb wise, is fthrow Sonic's strongest throw?

EDIT: I also just noticed the title change. Lol

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Quick question, after the bthrow nerf, kb wise, is fthrow Sonic's strongest throw?
One of the patches buffed the KB on Uthrow, but Fthrow may technically still have higher KB overall?

Even if Fthrow is stronger, it sends them towards the corners whereas Uthrow is straight up, making it harder to DI and survive. Uthrow/Bthrow still best kill throws.

Good luck killing without rage, though...
EDIT: I also just noticed the title change. Lol

Luig

Confused
Yeah, horizontal di has more of an impact on fthrow, whereas uthrow is a 90 degree ( I think) angle. Bthrow is self explanatory.

Be glad Sonic has 3, albeit not that great, kill throws.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Also, what do you guys think of the pre-order stuff from Lost World? It's really awesome to get a free Sonic and Sega All Stars racing transformed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, what do you guys think of the pre-order stuff from Lost World? It's really awesome to get a free Sonic and Sega All Stars racing transformed.
It's convenient for me. I already have Racing Transformed on Steam and Wii U, but since I'm trying to treat my friend for his birthday, I can give him the spare Steam Key of Racing Transformed as part of my birthday gifts for him.

As for Unleashed PC, it'd be a dream come true if it happened for me, it's one of my favourite games. It's also by far the most impressive Sonic game ever just in terms of the sheer effort they put into it, the production values are through the roof. The game also still looks gorgeous, so seeing it on PC at 60FPS would be amazing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm curious. How much did Sonic's Bthrow actually get nerfed (i.e. kill percent differences across all characters)?

I missed out on preordering Lost World, so I missed out on All Star Racing Transformed. I've been trying to find it to get it cause I played it at a friends house and I really enjoyed it. Sadly, I have had no luck finding it :(

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
I missed out on preordering Lost World, so I missed out on All Star Racing Transformed. I've been trying to find it to get it cause I played it at a friends house and I really enjoyed it. Sadly, I have had no luck finding it :(

The pre-order only just went up and the SASRT deal is definitely still there:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329440/

Maybe you thinking he was talking about the Wii U release? :S

I have them both on Wii U so I don't think I will get them on PC....unless the modding scene for Lost World is as great as PC Generations. I'm just shuddering at the possibility of getting that last red star ring in that Snowball level again..

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The pre-order only just went up and the SASRT deal is definitely still there:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329440/

Maybe you thinking he was talking about the Wii U release? :S

I have them both on Wii U so I don't think I will get them on PC....unless the modding scene for Lost World is as great as PC Generations. I'm just shuddering at the possibility of getting that last red star ring in that Snowball level again..
Oh...... Yeah, I meant for the Wii U. Whoops. But I'm still looking for Transformed.

Wait, are you telling that their is a red star on that level that is harder than the one where you have to jump across the gap with next to the two sheep to get it?!

*sigh*

Top Bottom