• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I entered myself in the world of Sonic level design... Now I mostly understand why Sega has trouble with Sonic games. It's a really big mess to even make a level. I though it was going to be like Mario Maker... Oh man I was so damn wrong.
I have no experience with game design. Is it because Mario levels are always flat while Sonic levels have different terrain throughout.

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
GUYS WE ACTUALLY GOT A BUFF (it's pretty meaningless but still)

• Tech Get Up Attack alternative to global; shield damage 1 → 10

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay, after seeing this, I really now want Tails in Super Smash Bros

His so cute :3

I'm aware of the set-up...

Not something I rely on because most people at high level can tech on reaction to that, or as said, they can pretty easily avoid the situation all together by DI-ing, jumping, falling aerial, etc. by the time they're at kill percent.

Also, I'm just speaking from experience. Throws are the safest ways to get kills in this game, and fishing for kills with Sonic is the worst. I just take all the damage I can land without growing impatient and finish the stock with a throw if that's what it comes down to.

I don't really get Sonic hate. People compliment me most of the time, and if they don't they just say something ignorant about Sonic but it's not really malicious.

:093:
Hm, yeah, i guess it's not as good as I thought it was. Dam, thought i was on to something. Oh well.

I entered myself in the world of Sonic level design... Now I mostly understand why Sega has trouble with Sonic games. It's a really big mess to even make a level. I though it was going to be like Mario Maker... Oh man I was so damn wrong.
Wait, how does one enter the world of Sonic Level design? Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that sometimes it's not the levels that ruin a Sonic game but more the Controls or the gimmicks Sega have for said levels? Also, it's not just level design. It's also a very picky/rude fanbase they have to deal with.

:135:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh yes, the ONLY Sonic character other than Sonic himself I would be okay with getting into Smash bros. The others better stay MILES away, if you get my drift.
That pun XD. Also, what about Knuckles? (not that I'm saying i want him over Tails)

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Oh yes, the ONLY Sonic character other than Sonic himself I would be okay with getting into Smash bros. The others better stay MILES away, if you get my drift.
Knuckles would be good addition too. I picture him playing like Little Mac but with a glide recovery.

He would need to say "Oh no" every time he gets hit.

I take it you've all seen this:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That pun XD. Also, what about Knuckles? (not that I'm saying i want him over Tails)

I personally think Tails has the most merit over all the other Sonic characters not currently in. Knuckles is a good character, I'll give you that, but Sonic's the Mario for SEGA, and a Mario can't exist without a Luigi. (Hint, Sonic's Luigi is Tails)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Knuckles would be good addition too. I picture him playing like Little Mac but with a glide recovery.

He would need to say "Oh no" every time he gets hit.

I take it you've all seen this:

Yeah, i have. That would be fun if he did say that every time he got hit. Though they would also have to make hi Donkey Kong Mu unwinnable for him to. :p

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Eggman tho? He could have a super fun moveset, and one could argue he's more significant than Tails or Knuckles. He's been around since the very beginning.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I personally think Tails has the most merit over all the other Sonic characters not currently in. Knuckles is a good character, I'll give you that, but Sonic's the Mario for SEGA, and a Mario can't exist without a Luigi. (Hint, Sonic's Luigi is Tails)
Hey, those are similar reasons to what I've written down in my Smash Ballot vote for him. it's not complete yet though, I just need to think up of a moveset but I can't :/

What about Knuckles? :p

Eggman tho? He could have a super fun moveset, and one could argue he's more significant than Tails or Knuckles. He's been around since the very beginning.
He hasn't had his own game :p.

Though I wouldn't have mind if Robotnik made it in instead of Tails. Though I prefer Tails. his cuter :3.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Hey, those are similar reasons to what I've written down in my Smash Ballot vote for him. it's not complete yet though, I just need to think up of a moveset but I can't :/

What about Knuckles? :p

He hasn't had his own game :p.

Though I wouldn't have mind if Robotnik made it in instead of Tails. Though I prefer Tails. his cuter :3.

Ha! Clearly you don't remember this gem!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ha! Clearly you don't remember this gem!

Oh that game......

That only reason I know that is because I have a game with a collection of Sonic games on Genesis and what not (this was one of them)

This game was made before I was born! (I think)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic and Eggman are the best Sonic characters.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Knuckles stubbornness + Sonic's awareness + 10% of Shadow's angst = a good ****ing character. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sonic and Eggman are the best Sonic characters.

And this guy

:troll:

I actually agree.

Sonic Rush is one of the best Sonic games ever, and Blaze is one of the best characters.

I recently re got Sonic Rush (up to the last Boss, it's so HARD I:< ) And I can say it is an extremely good Sonic game. The only Complaint I can make is that the Homing Attack is really werid. I mean come on Sega, you couldn't have kept the Jump button as the homing like usually and made the R bumber his Aerial tricks? Shessh!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only Sonic fans that complain about homing anything are the players that were born during the Adventure era. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The only Sonic fans that complain about homing anything are the players that were born during the Adventure era. :applejack:
But the thing is the Adventure games weren't my first Sonic Games. Colours DS and Rush were. I believe Rush was the first one I played and even then i remember being annoyed at the homing controls, since when i did tricks in the air, i would use the B button but when i go onto a grind rail, my brain would think it was the same thing and forget it's actually R. And even when i remember which was which, i always found the homing a bit of a hit or miss. Sometimes I felt like I would hit the enemies and did and other I thought it would hit but instead I'd rush forward and loss 150 rings. I was/is annoying.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Blaze and Silver are some awesome characters. It's a shame that Silver was born in the dark ages.

And I also love Sonic Rush. Such an awesome game and with a really good ost. And the best part is: Comes from a composer of Jet Set Radio music. What else can you ask for!? It's genius. Speaking about the final boss of the normal story... **** THAT GOD DAMN BOSS. I love his theme song but it's really hard to battle him when he's on 3 bars of health (Those stupid electric machines piss me off so hard >.<)

Also: How can anyone forget Wrapped in Black? That song is epic, awesome and catchy.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But the thing is the Adventure games weren't my first Sonic Games. Colours DS and Rush were. I believe Rush was the first one I played and even then i remember being annoyed at the homing controls, since when i did tricks in the air, i would use the B button but when i go onto a grind rail, my brain would think it was the same thing and forget it's actually R. And even when i remember which was which, i always found the homing a bit of a hit or miss. Sometimes I felt like I would hit the enemies and did and other I thought it would hit but instead I'd rush forward and loss 150 rings. I was/is annoying.

Still means you were born during the Adventure era, though.

The concept of homing attack didn't even exist when I was born.

I agree that it can be annoying when they switch up controls. Transitioning between Unleashed and Generations is a *****.
...Hi.

(10 char)
...Hey.

(:093:)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Blaze and Silver are some awesome characters. It's a shame that Silver was born in the dark ages.

And I also love Sonic Rush. Such an awesome game and with a really good ost. And the best part is: Comes from a composer of Jet Set Radio music. What else can you ask for!? It's genius. Speaking about the final boss of the normal story... **** THAT GOD DAMN BOSS. I love his theme song but it's really hard to battle him when he's on 3 bars of health (Those stupid electric machines piss me off so hard >.<)

Also: How can anyone forget Wrapped in Black? That song is epic, awesome and catchy.

The music in that game was weird. I mean, the final boss theme was an amalgamation of a snowy village theme of an obscure RPG and a Malcom X speech. It took me a while to get used to as I normally prefer more melodic pieces of music.

Regarding the homing attack, I feel it should be connected to the jump button always. That's my biggest problem with Unleashed (that and the Night Battle theme). I can give the GBA/DS games pre colors a bit of slack with regard to that as it barely worked in the first place and was not at all necessary.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
I grew up playing the 8/16 bit games. I still have a working Game Gear. I can't really say I played anything after that for more than a few hours, has anything in the last 5 years come out that is worth looking at?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, question. Hss the increase Shield stun helped Sonic or has it hurt him?

Still means you were born during the Adventure era, though.

The concept of homing attack didn't even exist when I was born.

I agree that it can be annoying when they switch up controls. Transitioning between Unleashed and Generations is a *****.

...Hey.

(:093:)
Looking it up, would seem I was born around the Adventure era. Huh (Actually, Looking up SA2, i was two reviews off it. One of them was steam giving it 9/10, while the other was IGN giving it 6.9/10. A very big difference)

I've played the original four Sonic games (plus CD) and I have to say I honestly don't mind that they didn't have the HA. In fact, if Sega got rid of it, I don't think I would mind all that much.

Unleashed and Generations controls are different? Really? How?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, what do you think I should say with Tails in the Smash ballot? I want to vote for him but I don't know what to say.

The homing attack is mapped to the boost button.
Oh, I see. Dam Sega, why you got to make confusing controls (looks at Sonic Lost World Wii U)

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I grew up playing the 8/16 bit games. I still have a working Game Gear. I can't really say I played anything after that for more than a few hours, has anything in the last 5 years come out that is worth looking at?
If you haven't played anything after the game gear/genesis stuf for more than a few hours, then you have a lot to catch up on from more than the past five years..

Sonic Adventure is in my opinion one of the best Sonic games ever. Sonic Adventure 2 is great. Sonic Heroes is good. Sonic Unleashed is also one of the best Sonic games in my opinion (make sure to get it for ps3/xbox 360 as opposed to wii/ps2). Sonic Colors is good. Sonic Generations is great. Sonic Lost World is good.

I've honestly enjoyed the 3d Sonic games and found often complained about traits (Werehog stages, Big the cat, Heroes teamwork, etc.) are either overhated or actually fun. I'm not guaranteeing you'll enjoy the games since everyone's mileage varies, but you should try playing through each of them and develop your own opinions.

Top Bottom