• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If you haven't played anything after the game gear/genesis stuf for more than a few hours, then you have a lot to catch up on from more than the past five years..

Sonic Adventure is in my opinion one of the best Sonic games ever. Sonic Adventure 2 is great. Sonic Heroes is good. Sonic Unleashed is also one of the best Sonic games in my opinion (make sure to get it for ps3/xbox 360 as opposed to wii/ps2). Sonic Colors is good. Sonic Generations is great. Sonic Lost World is good.

I've honestly enjoyed the 3d Sonic games and found often complained about traits (Werehog stages, Big the cat, Heroes teamwork, etc.) are either overhated or actually fun. I'm not guaranteeing you'll enjoy the games since everyone's mileage varies, but you should try playing through each of them and develop your own opinions.
I'm with you on most of this (expect Big the Cat, i genuinely dislike his levels) I [layed Unleased on Wii and honestly enjoyed the werehog levels. Seriously, the only thing I dislike about it is why the hell the choose to make him a werewolf (it just doesn't make sense). And I recently got Sonic Lost World and if the controls were a little more like the 3ds, i reckon it would be one of my favourite Sonic games. The level design is just really cool and it looks so pretty too! Plus it's 60fps (I believe)

Honest, my least favourite Sonic game is Colours for Wii and it's barely bad. The only complaint I really have for it is that you get very little in the way of Boost energy ( I always seem to run out)

:135:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I'm with you on most of this (expect Big the Cat, i genuinely dislike his levels) I [layed Unleased on Wii and honestly enjoyed the werehog levels. Seriously, the only thing I dislike about it is why the hell the choose to make him a werewolf (it just doesn't make sense). And I recently got Sonic Lost World and if the controls were a little more like the 3ds, i reckon it would be one of my favourite Sonic games. The level design is just really cool and it looks so pretty too! Plus it's 60fps (I believe)

Honest, my least favourite Sonic game is Colours for Wii and it's barely bad. The only complaint I really have for it is that you get very little in the way of Boost energy ( I always seem to run out)

I'm a bit confused about the parkour system in Lost World, but other than that I understand the controls well. Some levels just suck in that game (frozen factory), but I've been really enjoying it lately.

Unleashed on the wii is a neutered version of the ps3 version. wii unleashed was my first Sonic game, and I don't think it holds a candle to how great the HD version is.

I don't especially like the Big levels but I find them overhated. There's only four of them and you only have to find Froggy which is pretty easy and gives you short levels. I find him overhated for how little you have to play as him. However, it sucks trying to beat the higher objectives with him.

Colors I enjoyed but I did feel it had way too many 2D levels that completely felt like filler. Also Heroes had some kinda slippery controls and levels that were too long. But I still enjoyed them.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm a bit confused about the parkour system in Lost World, but other than that I understand the controls well. Some levels just suck in that game (frozen factory), but I've been really enjoying it lately.

Unleashed on the wii is a neutered version of the ps3 version. wii unleashed was my first Sonic game, and I don't think it holds a candle to how great the HD version is.

I don't especially like the Big levels but I find them overhated. There's only four of them and you only have to find Froggy which is pretty easy and gives you short levels. I find him overhated for how little you have to play as him. However, it sucks trying to beat the higher objectives with him.

Colors I enjoyed but I did feel it had way too many 2D levels that completely felt like filler. Also Heroes had some kinda slippery controls and levels that were too long. But I still enjoyed them.
The Parkour System was done much better on the 3ds version than the console IMO. Really, the only thing I didn't get with the controls is that one but were you rolled up into a ball and moved slowly. Not a spin Dash, just Sonci Rolling slowly. I mean, what the hell?! Their were very few levels I actually hate in Lost World, but that one where you have to play as a giant snow ball?! *facepalm*

Hm, then i guess I need to play. i've been think about getting a PC and getting Sonic generations. I might get the Unleash mod for it and play it on that.

You're right, they are short (their is only four?! Whoa, I only played one before just giving up) But trying to get froggy is just... ARGH! I mean serious, the number of times I got him name the edge of the water but for some reason couldn't fully pull him in?! GODS! and that was only the first level!

Yes, another thing about it. Their were just SO many 2d levels and it's not that I hate 2d sonic levels, it just that these did feel right and like you said, feel like their were just trying to put in as many levels as they could.

But in the end, i still every much enjoyed them. Why? Cause they're SONIC, THAT'S WHY!

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
That was amazing... This is a truly amazing tournament. Maybe this is why it was so overhyped.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
if ZeRo gets double eliminated by Sonic we'll never hear the end of it.

:093:

Luig

Confused
I just watched the doubles winners whatevers, and damn, Static was hype!

Also, if you were paying attention to Zero, you could tell he was salty at the character Sonic in general.

Something tells me Zero hates Sonic even more now.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ZeRo got a taste of the fate that awaits him.

:093:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Finally got some work done on the BSBS guide. Almost done now.. all that's missing is addressing BSBS & Knuckles, I think. It will hopefully be ready by the next weekend.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
I feel like its been a great month for Sonic.

Epic results from Seagull and Komorikiri
The perfected spike combo ( SD/SC > footstool > spike)
New shield mechanic favours Sonic's offensive tools

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I have mixed feelings on this result. On the positive side, it's about time someone beat ZeRo and have someone else to see as the best Smash 4 player. On the other hand, Sonic's probably gonna become the new Sheik and everyone will hate him even more since Sonic is one of most hated characters from the chat rooms I've seen. I feel Sonic is overexaggerated since he's not that hard to beat if you're patient. It's not like he was unfair or anything. I'm also worried that he'll be nerfed in an upcoming patch update. Then again, Sheik hasn't been nerfed yet so who knows?

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Man who cares at this point? These scrubs are always going to whine and complain about Sonic as long as he's in the game. It's not even like there's hundreds of Sonic mains either (like Sheik). People just love to hate Sonic.

I'll tell you what though: you can nerf him 100 times, but that ain't gonna stop me from bodying with my boy. :4sonic:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Man who cares at this point? These scrubs are always going to whine and complain about Sonic as long as he's in the game. It's not even like there's hundreds of Sonic mains either (like Sheik). People just love to hate Sonic.

I'll tell you what though: you can nerf him 100 times, but that ain't gonna stop me from bodying with my boy. :4sonic:
Sonic has it rough, man. Even when he has it good, people find ways to complain.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
And... Seagull got rekted by Vinnie... LOL. Seagull was lucky after all.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Getting bodied by Vinnie ain't anything to be ashamed of. His Sheik is second only to pretty much ZeRo. In some ways, I like to think Vinnie's Sheik is better than ZeRo's.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
spam this on ZeRo's Twitter 4 moar salt :V

Seriously though, that made my day. Nice to see at least one of my mains do something hype recently.

Luig

Confused
Zero won. Again.
Barely.
NAIRO WHY MUST YOU SANDBAG?!

Well, most everyone in the chat that wasn't a ZeRo fanboys said Seagull gives hope to the people.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
I feel Sonic is overexaggerated since he's not that hard to beat if you're patient. It's not like he was unfair or anything. I'm also worried that he'll be nerfed in an upcoming patch update. Then again, Sheik hasn't been nerfed yet so who knows?
Sonic wont be nerfed again.

If you look at the pattern of whos been nerfed and why its always been abused moves that kill before 100% or guaranteed kill setups.

I dont think the dev team even look at tournament results, they would be looking at the data coming back from online.

"Oh, 70% of Sonics win their matches by back throwing their opponent at 85%, nerf time"
"Oh, 90% of Luigis win their matches by Down throw to fire punch/tornado at 88%, nerf time"
"Oh, 85% of Diddy kongs win their matches with an UAir at 90%, nerf time"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think that Smash Sonic is actually a reflection of what Sonic is like in real life.

He had his highs and his lows but no matter what, he still end up being one of the greatest video game characters of all time.

And also one of the most hated :/

Also, side note: Who's Seagull Joe? (I see he beat ZeRo but who is he? I've never heard of him before)

Sonic wont be nerfed again.

If you look at the pattern of whos been nerfed and why its always been abused moves that kill before 100% or guaranteed kill setups.

I dont think the dev team even look at tournament results, they would be looking at the data coming back from online.

"Oh, 70% of Sonics win their matches by back throwing their opponent at 85%, nerf time"
"Oh, 90% of Luigis win their matches by Down throw to fire punch/tornado at 88%, nerf time"
"Oh, 85% of Diddy kongs win their matches with an UAir at 90%, nerf time"
What about moves like lil Mac's Smash attacks or Bowser Jr Side Smash? I don't see them getting nerfed anytime soon and they can kill below 100% on most chracters.

Top Bottom