• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Back on the topic about kill throws..

The new Uthrow is why I think the old Spring would be the best move to have back. Uthrow to Uair kills would be sooooo much easier and common. Not to mention the countless times I've tried to chase with an aerial Spring to Uair at kill percents only to fall short every single time..

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I feel thats moreseo due to the fact for whatever reason your able to airdodge earlier than other options during hitstun thus making uthrow > spring > uair more of a 40/60 KO option.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Nah, it's just not quite reaching them at all, actually.

edit: guess I meant "high percents" instead of "kill percents". My b

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Unfortunately my favorite level of the game was the Zelda DLC (along with the grinding levels and the Dragon Level). I highly doubt that will appear in the pc port.

On a side note, what do you think the Lost Hex is about story-wise? My guess is that a free blast of energy from the colors mind control cannon hit the planet, forming its own center of gravity, literally pulling up land from Möbius and the planets of Sonic Colors, eventually stabilizing into the floating landmass it is. Likewise, the Zeti are from one of the Colors Planets.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
LOL. That is really hilarious though. For me it's Sonic Colors (Mexico rules even though the spanish name would be colores sonicos literally lol. But it would be Sonic colores). But anyway, loved that game too, amazing soundtrack (Aquarium park is beatiful both in stage and music. And I love blue stuff... So yeah lol).

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
This is really awesome guys. 100 pages of Sanic social discussions.

GATTA GO FAST!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unfortunately my favorite level of the game was the Zelda DLC (along with the grinding levels and the Dragon Level). I highly doubt that will appear in the pc port.

On a side note, what do you think the Lost Hex is about story-wise? My guess is that a free blast of energy from the colors mind control cannon hit the planet, forming its own center of gravity, literally pulling up land from Möbius and the planets of Sonic Colors, eventually stabilizing into the floating landmass it is. Likewise, the Zeti are from one of the Colors Planets.
The Yoshi and Zelda levels will probably be one of the first things modders port into the game. Models from them have already been ripped, and the "Link Sonic" model has already been ported into Sonic Generations with it's own mod for that game. The Yoshi one in particular would be easy because it's 2D and it doesn't need any fancy camera work to make sure the player can actually see where they are going (for some reason, SEGA hasn't allowed manual camera control since Unleashed).

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they were still in the game's code, just forever "locked" in a vanilla copy. However, if that were the case, than modders literally just need to unlock them in the code.

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they were still in the game's code, just forever "locked" in a vanilla copy. However, if that were the case, than modders literally just need to unlock them in the code.
Ah, the "on-disk DLC" dilemma. Namco got a lot of flak for that practice. I recall in Soulcalibur IV (the one with Star Wars characters) that Yoda was 360-exclusive, and Darth Vader was PS3-exclusive...except the data for both characters was already in each version, and accessing the other character cost $5.

But seeing as the Sonic Lost World DLC came for free, I believe Sega is much wiser about this topic than Namco is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well obviously SEGA can't officially release the Nintendo DLC on Steam, but the hope is that the files and scripts for the original levels are all hidden in the code, just locked off to a regular player. This way, hackers can just unlock the levels in the Steam version and they could be played as is, just like their original counterparts.

If not, then hackers would be able to port the levels in no problem (as they've already ripped the assets from the Wii U version), but unique elements like the Heart system in the Zelda level and the saving Yoshis system in the Yoshi level, may not be ported over, at least not as soon.

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
I'm actually really dissapointed that nobody has ever made a Sonic video montage with What I'm Made of as a song. I have been wanting to do that. With soundclips and everything. But I only have 3DS. So it won't look good :p

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm actually really dissapointed that nobody has ever made a Sonic video montage with What I'm Made of as a song. I have been wanting to do that. With soundclips and everything. But I only have 3DS. So it won't look good :p
I wish there was a Sonic edgehogging compilation called "Sonic the Edgehog". It's too perfect.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It's October 10th. It has now been 8 years since Sonic was first confirmed for Brawl. Still one of the best memories of my life finding out Sonic was confirmed that morning ^^

SonicMario

Smash Master
I dunno how many of you follow the Runaway Guys, but it looks like their next collaboration is Sonic Adventure. This should be interesting.
Well that's odd. But at least it should be a better watch then having Arin from Game Grumps complain about it the entire time. Sonic Adventure also isn't really a multiplayer game either (Unless they at least try with the whole Tails following Sonic with a 2nd player but some levels don't have that option). So I imagine it'd just be taking turns.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well that's odd. But at least it should be a better watch then having Arin from Game Grumps complain about it the entire time. Sonic Adventure also isn't really a multiplayer game either (Unless they at least try with the whole Tails following Sonic with a 2nd player but some levels don't have that option). So I imagine it'd just be taking turns.
They are taking turns in between levels. It's pretty entertaining so far, but I can't wait to see them against the Egg Viper. That could be catastrophic.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I dunno how many of you follow the Runaway Guys, but it looks like their next collaboration is Sonic Adventure. This should be interesting.
Who are the Runaway Guys?

Just rewatching Game Grumps Sonic 06 play through, I get that Arin doesn't like Sonic, but some of his hate just feels unjustified. Serious, i wonder if sometimes he just needs to get gud.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Who are the Runaway Guys?

Just rewatching Game Grumps Sonic 06 play through, I get that Arin doesn't like Sonic, but some of his hate just feels unjustified. Serious, i wonder if sometimes he just needs to get gud.
TheRunawayGuys is a YouTube gaming team that consists of ProtonJonSA, NintendoCapriSun, and the one and only Chuggaaconroy. They're hands down the best collab team on YouTube. They've done things such as Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and even Fortune Street. You should definitely check them out when you have time.

Top Bottom