• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
TheRunawayGuys is a YouTube gaming team that consists of ProtonJonSA, NintendoCapriSun, and the one and only Chuggaaconroy. They're hands down the best collab team on YouTube. They've done things such as Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and even Fortune Street. You should definitely check them out when you have time.
Uh, should I know who those three are? Still check out the channel tho.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's all rumors and hearsay at this point, but SOMEONE is dropping hints on who the next DLC character is.
I don't think it's real, since the guy says that it's a newcomer and mentions Wolf. Why would he say it's a newcomer but then mention a vet. It just doesn't make sense. Also, their was 3 character slots they found.

:135:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hm... Surprised I didn't remember Sonic being announced so close to my birthday.

That's how much more life-changing it was than my own birth, I guess.

Also, check out this Sonic figure I got~

image.jpeg

:093:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
That's a 2008 mechanic. Literally 7 years too slow. :applejack:
Still, it's an oldie but a goodie. I think it could make Sonic's recovery even better in case we don't tech those. OpieOP

EDIT: Global Twitch Emotes is pretty fun! Just whitelist it for all of SmashBoards and watch the emotes fly! KappaPride

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Still, it's an oldie but a goodie. I think it could make Sonic's recovery even better in case we don't tech those. OpieOP
it

it has nothing to do with teching

you just have to hope someone footstools you

i can't
Did we seriously need 3 seperate posts and a thread for that same ****ing video?

i want to punch the internet
So, yeah, BSBS.

Social life, etc. Next weekend, I hope.
The infamous Orochi~

My video is in development hell too rn.

Life is hard.
I dunno, I just felt like sharing this.
what

is this actually you

at the zoo

Luig

Confused
it

it has nothing to do with teching

you just have to hope someone footstools you

i can't

i want to punch the internet

The infamous Orochi~

My video is in development hell too rn.

Life is hard.

what

is this actually you

at the zoo

Yes, that's totally what I looked like when I was 3

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Not really. It's actually the whinny generation. I don't like this, I don't like that. I'm a grumpy person that doesn't enjoy anything of this world or just loves to criticize everything.

That kind of generation :p

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So I may or may not have found out something about Sonic, but I highly doubt I did, and even if somehow I was the first to find this, it's not really worth it's own thread.

Everyone knows you can jump out of Spin Dash, but did you know that you can shorthop out of it too? However, for some reason it's timing based instead of based on how long you hold the button. After the initial little Side-B hop, if you press jump the moment Sonic hits the ground but before he starts rolling forward, the jumping attack will be much shorter than normal. The timing is strict though; too early and Sonic will double jump out of the attack, too late and Sonic will do the full jump. I don't think it's frame perfect, but it's certainly hard to do consistently.

It's easy enough to practice on training mode at 1/4 speed if you want to try it out, but people probably already know about this. I'm not sure how it would be useful either. Still neat though/

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The happiest thread
:196:
Welcome to Sonic boards.
So I may or may not have found out something about Sonic, but I highly doubt I did, and even if somehow I was the first to find this, it's not really worth it's own thread.

Everyone knows you can jump out of Spin Dash, but did you know that you can shorthop out of it too?
Yes.

Just got back from the Zelda symphony in NY... It was really cool! Also met up with Joe and Emily for a bit so that was nice.

Thought you guys would appreciate a photo op.

image.jpeg

#SONICBOYZ

It's also my birthday now.

Nobody likes you when you're 23?

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Welcome to Sonic boards.

Yes.

Just got back from the Zelda symphony in NY... It was really cool! Also met up with Joe and Emily for a bit so that was nice.

Thought you guys would appreciate a photo op.

#SONICBOYZ

It's also my birthday now.

Nobody likes you when you're 23?

And you still act like you're in freshman year...

Oh gawd, I'm turning 25 in two weeks. I feel like an old man in the smash community. It's always funny to see the reactions of my non-gamer friends when I tell them I've got a nintendo fighting game tournament on the weekend :p

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHHHHDAY!!

I've heard from so many different people that the Zelda Symphony is amazing. Here's hoping they back down to Australia again, and maybe down in Melbourne this time >:D

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Happy birthday Camalange! It's a shame that there isn't really Sonic music to celebrate a birthday (In lyricis. Cause I can do this if I just want ambient music for a birthday :p )

4:38 Sonic requires a lot of precision and it's not easy to play.

THANK YOU ZERO. FINALLY SOMEONE ****ING GETS IT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94

I was just coming to post that because I was late to seeing it on reddit lol. But finally, I'm glad ZeRo finally got a chance to do an analysis on Sonic but after seeing the loss from Seagull it was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

Anyway I'm glad he didn't disregard Sonic as I originally thought he would, like call him brain dead or something. He agrees that Sonic takes precision and isn't that easy to play because his speed can throw somebody off easily, an example of people thinking Sonic is so braindead anybody can use him is salty For Glory players who Spin Dash off of the stage when they use their second jump, that's hilarious and I love seeing that happen.

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix

GG, Zero. The unwarranted hate for us may yet taper off thanks to you.

Also, good on him for not being salty about Seagull Joe. Although maybe I shouldn't be surprised, given how much crap he gets just for being the #1 Smash 4 player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom