• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! People like that D-iarrhea guy are just making me less enthusiastic about Ridley. I don't care if he's in the game or not... I like Metroid games myself... but oh my god, they are so entitled like Sakurai owes them Ridley just because they are the "biggest fanbase" around... like, check your ego! We don't hate Ridley... we are annoyed with his vocal minority fanbase.
So true. It's like the beliebers of the game world.

Anyway I'm hyped:)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm glad that Sakurai doesn't listen to the man-child portion of the fanbase you happen to represent. Most of what you are saying comes out of spite rather than actual criticism.
Oh, and don't pretend that you speak on behalf of the fanbase.

What's exactly so bad about Duck Hunt anyways? He is a retro character, just like G&W and ROB.

A factually wrong statement, you are overflowing with them. Smash 64's is technically the "worst" due to having only 12 characters, from there each roster has been superior than the one before it. Smash 4's roster is basically Brawl's minus the unfortunate cut of the Ice Climbers (which I would go as far to say is the only really painful loss), Wolf and Lucas; Snake is a third party so he is absence wasn't unexpected and Squirtle and Ivysaur were part of the Pkmn Trainer gimmick; plus the addition of several new characters, the most of any game. Thus making the roster the best in the series.
I'm not a manchild, I simply care. And what's so bad about him? He's yet ANOTHER quirky, out of the box character that doesn't represent any huge request from the fanbase.
Also, Smash64 has the second best roster of the series after Brawl, it had Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus, Luigi, Cpt. Falcon, Fox, Ness, DK, Yoshi...the only remotely bad and unwarranted character on that game was Jigglypuff...as for bad and unwarranted on Smash 4, we got Duck Hunt Dog, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario...I prefer quality over quantity.
and Ridley is Boba Fett. A character that did absolutely nothing and then got beat up but is popular because he looks cool.

By the way the addition of Pac Man and Mega-man alone, not even counting any of the other additions make this roster amazing.
Yeah, he totally isn't the reason Samus is what she is...also, Megaman and Pac-Man are third-parties, the game needs NINTENDO All-Stars.
It's funny, because the most "character" you see from Ridley is just him acting like a big screaming dragon shooting fireballs left and right while throwing his tail around as well. He does have more to him, but it's very rare that the games actually shows that.

Does the dog have much going from him? No, at most he is a reference to the western cartoon dog characters that were popular back in the day. But through his moveset and design he represents a part of Nintendo's history like most Retro characters do. I'd like Ridley in, but he's never been the end-all-be-all that you're so desperately making him out to be. Neither is Duck Hunt, nor any other non-main characters in the roster for that matter.

There's more to the game than roster representation. If you can't look past that, then there's no reason for you to invest yourself in this generation in any case. I'm at least willing to give it a chance despite none of my wishes being fulfilled in terms of roster representation, because it wasn't a big issue to begin with.
The roster's the most important part of a Smash Bros. game, and true, Ridley doesn't usually show much of his character on most Metroid games, but we all know how well it went the last time Metroid tried to leave subtle, atmospheric storytelling and had dialogue.
D-idara I'm asking you a question no jokes no insults just an honest legit question...how old are you?
I'll take this as an insult, but I'm 18, I just care.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Goodness gracious, these forums have been filled with such anger lately.

Calm down everyone! I understand wanting more characters (because I do, including Ridley) but keep in mind... even without clones or Miis, there are 45 unique characters in this game...
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4palutena:
:4pacman::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:

12 of which are BRAND SPANKING NEW!
...which is FAR more than I ever expected.

If we end up getting DLC, I will be beyond thrilled, but if we don't... let's enjoy the extremely hard work that went into the 3DS & Wii U versions of Smash Bros...

(Insert comments about having my head shoved up Sakurai's ***.)

Strofirko

Smash Master
We already passed 5 pages of flaming!
Let's put more alcohol here and feed the fire!

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
I'm not a manchild, I simply care. And what's so bad about him? He's yet ANOTHER quirky, out of the box character that doesn't represent any huge request from the fanbase.
Also, Smash64 has the second best roster of the series after Brawl, it had Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus, Luigi, Cpt. Falcon, Fox, Ness, DK, Yoshi...the only remotely bad and unwarranted character on that game was Jigglypuff...as for bad and unwarranted on Smash 4, we got Duck Hunt Dog, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario...I prefer quality over quantity.

I'll take this as an insult, but I'm 18, I just care.
Roster quality is usually subjective, but since the original 12 are in all the versions and every version after 64 has those 12 plus lots more it's 100% false to say it has the 2nd best roster.

Why get mad if you don't like a character? Maybe other people do like them. Way more people know the duck hunt dog than Ridley and if you don't believe that you need to brush up on your gaming history.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
As much as I love the Metroid series, I am not particularly upset about Ridley not being included. That is because Ridley will always be a plausible candidate for Smash Bros. He's the most significant character from Metroid other than Samus herself, and will always have that going for him. It's different for characters like Mewtwo or Dixie Kong because they've made significant appearances in more recent installments. With Dixie Kong returning to DKC and Mewtwo once again being a significant Pokémon mascot, they seemed deserving to be in this installment. While it is unclear if those two cases will remain significant for a potential SSB5, Ridley will still be significant to Metroid. It would be different if Metroid had more regular releases, making it more obvious for his playable debute. However, Other M was released in 2010? 2011? - and a new Metroid isn't exactly being shown off (although I think it's possible Next Level Games might be dueling in one). Another Metroid character isn't exactly necessary until the series has more regular and reoccurring installments like Fire Emblem, Mario, or Pokémon.

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
DEAR GOD D-IARA SHUT UP

Okay, let me just say this: You shouldn't be angry over something not being there. I wanted Karate Joe as the Rhythm Heaven series rep, but when i didn't get him, did i cry? No. I just manned up and continued playing. You're getting angry over something that not a whole lot of smash players will care about. They'll continue using the characters in the game and not ask for more. I'm content with our current roster, and you keep whining about your opinions to everyone. We don't want you to keep yelling about your butthurt opinions to us and whine because you're acting like an arrogant jerk.

Please stop being so angry over a character. This debate you keep bringing up is getting out of hand, and we need to actually settle this like gentlemen.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik you could try to stop insulting me, and what ego? Do you mean Sakurai's ego? Because that's a gig
DONT BUY IT THEN. 6 YEAR OLD LOGIC
To ***** continually about a game you don't like is 6 year old logic. It's hilarious seeing you like this. You used to be a awesome member here, but I don't know what the **** happened.

It's always that one guy.
Oh I used to be an awesome member? Blame Sakurai, everytime I finally manage to calm down and be civil, Sakurai manages to do something to PISS ME OFF. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
For every single good thing he does, Sakurai makes about 5 bizarre design choices that make no sense and are completely out of touch with the fanbase.
Roster quality is usually subjective, but since the original 12 are in all the versions and every version after 64 has those 12 plus lots more it's 100% false to say it has the 2nd best roster.

Why get mad if you don't like a character? Maybe other people do like them. Way more people know the duck hunt dog than Ridley and if you don't believe that you need to brush up on your gaming history.
Yes, more people know about that dog than Ridley, but what do they know him for? Well...laughing, that's it, that's the whole story, that's where it ends.
Also, I'm talking newcomer-wise, Brawl had the most starpower, followed by 64, followed by Melee, and then comes Smash4 with a bunch of irrelevant C-Listers who will fade from memory as soon as they started to exist.

I just can't wrap my head around people being fine with an 'OK' roster, because this roster's missing the fanbase's biggest requests, there's no way you can call this a fantastic roster character-wise, I really don't care for the gameplay elements of the characters, so their 'unique playstyles' don't do anything for me.

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I do find it sad how people aren't even excited for directs anymore, because it won't be new characters. This board can be so negative and petty, it's really upsetting.

D

Deleted member

The roster's the most important part of a Smash Bros. game, and true, Ridley doesn't usually show much of his character on most Metroid games, but we all know how well it went the last time Metroid tried to leave subtle, atmospheric storytelling and had dialogue.
According to your opinion it is, yes. But tell me this, if the Smash 4 Roster is the worst one yet, and you can't seem to stop complaining about it, then why are you buying it nevertheless?

You are after all saying that this is the worst roster because it's missing Ridley and some other very discussed characters while characters you don't like are in instead. If the roster is the most important aspect of it, shouldn't it be the selling point in the end?

So why are you buying it? Because there are 3 other characters you want to play as in the roster and the rest doesn't matter? Why do you want to play as them? Because of who they are or because of how they play? What if Ridley turned out to be unfun to play as for you, or what if he was a Charizard costume? Would that even matter to you? And if it did matter, would it still be the worst roster in the game despite it supporting Metroid more in terms of character representation?

Think about it for a second. If Ridley is the character that'd make the roster any good, and if he's missing, the game would be lacking in its most important department according to your logic, and wouldn't be worth buying in the first place.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I do find it sad how people aren't even excited for directs anymore, because it won't be new characters. This board can be so negative and petty, it's really upsetting.
If we got some decent characters, we wouldn't want more.
This is hilarious.
Except it's not, it's true, I care about what characters make it into the game, the fact that some people care so little doesn't make me a manchild.
According to your opinion it is, yes. But tell me this, if the Smash 4 Roster is the worst one yet, and you can't seem to stop complaining about it, then why are you buying it nevertheless?

You are after all saying that this is the worst roster because it's missing Ridley and some other very discussed characters while characters you don't like are in instead. If the roster is the most important aspect of it, shouldn't it be the selling point in the end?

So why are you buying it? Because there are 3 other characters you want to play as in the roster and the rest doesn't matter? Why do you want to play as them? Because of who they are or because of how they play? What if Ridley turned out to be unfun to play as for you, or what if he was a Charizard costume? Would that even matter to you? And if it did matter, would it still be the worst roster in the game despite it supporting Metroid more in terms of character representation?

Think about it for a second. If Ridley is the character that'd make the roster any good, and if he's missing, the game would be lacking in its most important department according to your logic, and wouldn't be worth buying in the first place.
Well, I bought it because Rosalina, Little Mac, Robin, Lucina, Villager, Pac-Man and Megaman equal about half a Ridley in terms of deserving characters. And the game's OK, average, but not good at all, certainly not what I expect for the most-hyped game of the year. I love all those characters I listed and the games they're from, but they're still not Ridley, it's like watching a Warner Bros. animated movie, no matter how good it is, it's still not Disney.

Last edited:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik you could try to stop insulting me, and what ego? Do you mean Sakurai's ego? Because that's a gig

Oh I used to be an awesome member? Blame Sakurai, everytime I finally manage to calm down and be civil, Sakurai manages to do something to PISS ME OFF. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
For every single good thing he does, Sakurai makes about 5 bizarre design choices that make no sense and are completely out of touch with the fanbase.

Yes, more people know about that dog than Ridley, but what do they know him for? Well...laughing, that's it, that's the whole story, that's where it ends.
Also, I'm talking newcomer-wise, Brawl had the most starpower, followed by 64, followed by Melee, and then comes Smash4 with a bunch of irrelevant C-Listers who will fade from memory as soon as they started to exist.

I just can't wrap my head around people being fine with an 'OK' roster, because this roster's missing the fanbase's biggest requests, there's no way you can call this a fantastic roster character-wise, I really don't care for the gameplay elements of the characters, so their 'unique playstyles' don't do anything for me.
Shut.... Up.... End it man

chkenparm

Smash Cadet

Fine, if this roster is so crappy then don't get it. And since I know you will get it anyway post your code so I can beat you every single day with Duck Hunt Duo and Dr. Mario.

P.S. If Sakurai is pissing you off that much then you should see a shrink. Not a joke. It's pretty crazy to get that mad at someone for making a great game and then promoting it.

Strofirko

Smash Master
People says the 5 stages of grief,the person gets better with the time,but every rule has an exception.
It seems with this subject it gets worse and worse.:4drmario:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
P.S. If Sakurai is pissing you off that much then you should see a shrink. Not a joke. It's pretty reasonable to get mad at someone for making a bad game and hyping it up to be good.
Fixed.
People says the 5 stages of grief,the person gets better with the time,but every rule has an exception.
It seems with this subject it gets worse and worse.:4drmario:
Maybe if Sakurai had bothered to rip off the band-aid earlier.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited for a Nintendo Direct, information on the new Zelda, Splattoon, you know, games that actually seem to have effort put into them?
Fine, if this roster is so crappy then don't get it. And since I know you will get it anyway post your code so I can beat you every single day with Duck Hunt Duo and Dr. Mario.

P.S. If Sakurai is pissing you off that much then you should see a shrink. Not a joke. It's pretty crazy to get that mad at someone for making a great game and then promoting it.
Why would I want to play againist someone like you? I'd rather play againist Nintendo characters, not a dog and a horrible version of a Nintendo character.

I'm gonna stop here, my head already hurts from this, and I gotta play some Super 1-Dollar-Store-Versions-Of-Nintendo-Characters. Brothers

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
It is very obvious who's behind that censor.

Mewtwo

So it's going to be a Duck Hunt reveal trailer and not Mewtwo or Ridley :/
Duck Hunt's probably 1 of the 50 new things they're gonna cover. There's 49 other chances, ya'know, and that's assuming what they're counting as "new".

I don't think they'd make it remotely obvious that Mewtwo would appear in the game; I'd like to think that they'd surprise us completely, since these are the hyped characters.

No, I wouldn't think Sakurai would try to have us release preemptive hype; rather, he'd have it all explode out of us at once in the most unexpected way possible, especially since Mewtwo and Ridley are the two most wanted characters.

The most hype would come from having us think that they likely wouldn't be in, but then having all of our logic trashed as they're revealed regardless. I say wait until tomorrow. There's quite a few characters that simply got release trailers without teaser.

The very fact that we have a teaser for a character we already know about is likely to get us to focus on that instead of the actual new stuff. That way, the newer stuff isn't as expected, and is more surprising and hyping.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox

Except it's not, it's true, I care about what characters make it into the game, the fact that some people care so little doesn't make me a manchild.

Well, I bought it because Rosalina, Little Mac, Robin, Lucina, Villager, Pac-Man and Megaman equal about half a Ridley in terms of deserving characters. And the game's OK, average, but not good at all, certainly not what I expect for the most-hyped game of the year. I love all those characters I listed and the games they're from, but they're still not Ridley, it's like watching a Warner Bros. animated movie, no matter how good it is, it's still not Disney.
I feel kinda bad for you, and I don't mean that in a patronizing way in the least...

The reason I say this is because my best friend waited for each Smash Bros Direct thinking she might see the character of her choice (Dixie Kong) and because of how much she wanted Dixie, she ended up being ultimately disappointed by the final roster. Being disappointed about the Smash Roster SUCKS after waiting for so long, and I understand where your anger comes from.

But seriously, D-idara... be patient. Nintendo has been doing DLC for their games lately, and judging by the amount of hype it's caused for Mariokart & Hyrule Warriors, I don't see how they could possibly NOT do it for Smash Bros. Your patience will be rewarded!

D

Deleted member

Nevermind. It seems to me you aren't capable of seeing things outside of your own perspective.

If you looked into it, Megaman's reveal would have more inclination for a lot of people to find this roster appealing by comparison to a potential Ridley reveal. And that's but part of the amount of people who were pleased with the newcomers we got.

But it seems to me that you'll only take your own word for it in the end, and that makes you a waste of time to converse with. If your priorities only lie within labelling, you're well off staying within your little bubble of non-explorative enjoyment.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It is very obvious who's behind that censor.
Mewtwo

Duck Hunt's probably 1 of the 50 new things they're gonna cover. There's 49 other chances, ya'know, and that's assuming what they're counting as "new".

I don't think they'd make it remotely obvious that Mewtwo would appear in the game; I'd like to think that they'd surprise us completely, since these are the hyped characters.

No, I wouldn't think Sakurai would try to have us release preemptive hype; rather, he'd have it all explode out of us at once in the most unexpected way possible, especially since Mewtwo and Ridley are the two most wanted characters.

The most hype would come from having us think that they likely wouldn't be in, but then having all of our logic trashed as they're revealed regardless. I say wait until tomorrow. There's quite a few characters that simply got release trailers without teaser.

The very fact that we have a teaser for a character we already know about is likely to get us to focus on that instead of the actual new stuff. That way, the newer stuff isn't as expected, and is more surprising and hyping.
I'm officially calling this the Rayman-Robin Effect. But knowing Sakurai, he's probably been hyping Ridley as a stage hazard this whole time.
I feel kinda bad for you, and I don't mean that in a patronizing way in the least...

The reason I say this is because my best friend waited for each Smash Bros Direct thinking she might see the character of her choice (Dixie Kong) and because of how much she wanted Dixie, she ended up being ultimately disappointed by the final roster. Being disappointed about the Smash Roster SUCKS after waiting for so long, and I understand where your anger comes from.

But seriously, D-idara... be patient. Nintendo has been doing DLC for their games lately, and judging by the amount of hype it's caused for Mariokart & Hyrule Warriors, I don't see how they could possibly NOT do it for Smash Bros. Your patience will be rewarded!
This doesn't do anything for me, I can be patience, hell, Ridley can be playable, but I'll never forgive Sakurai for what the Metroid fanbase has gone through because of HIM.
Nevermind. It seems to me you aren't capable of seeing things outside of your own perspective.

If you looked into it, Megaman's reveal would have more inclination for a lot of people to find this roster appealing by comparison to a potential Ridley reveal. And that's but part of the amount of people who were pleased with the newcomers we got.

But it seems to me that you'll only take your own word for it in the end, and that makes you a waste of time to converse with. If your priorities only lie within labelling, you're well off staying within your little bubble of non-explorative enjoyment.
Non-Explorative Enjoyment? If you mean that I can only enjoy the things I wanted to enjoy, then yes, that's true, and there's nothing wrong with that, I won't enjoy something I didn't ask for if I don't get the thing I asked for first...and what do you mean by my priorities only lie within labelling? I don't understand.

And yes, I'm capable of seeing things outside of my own perspective, but no matter how you look at it, this roster blows, everything that's actually there and is good seems neutered by something that's missing or shouldn't be there in the first place (:4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4greninja::4charizard:).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Seriously guys, calm down and just enjoy the reveal. Typing walls of text over the purpose of the reveal doesn't stop the trailer from happening.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It's not funny. So you think because you got your generic dog in the game you can mock other fanbases? Hell, at least the Nintendogs chase Frisbees and play with Mario Kart, there's more material to make a moveset from Nintendogs than from the crappy Duck Hunt.
Stop being butthurt.
Sakurai thinks DHD (and Dr. Mario (you were banned for annoying the Dr. Mario fanbase so shut up.) are more important then Ridley.

Deal
With
It

I can't wait till you start a flame war on Youtube.

PaperX

Smash Cadet

Did you just say Megaman equals about half a Ridley in terms of deserving characters? I understand having an opinion and I respect that, but when you go passing this kind of BS as fact, that's criminal.

D

Deleted member

Non-Explorative Enjoyment? If you mean that I can only enjoy the things I wanted to enjoy, then yes, that's true, and there's nothing wrong with that, I won't enjoy something I didn't ask for if I don't get the thing I asked for first...and what do you mean by my priorities only lie within labelling? I don't understand.
It's simple. As you said, no matter how good a Warner Bros Animated Movie is, it can never be better because it isn't Disney. Even if there are choice Warner Bros works that have better reception than choice Disney works.
Also, as you've said before in this thread, it doesn't matter to you how a character plays as long as there is labelled representation.

What I'm saying is that you're not willing to give something new a chance because it's not within your predefined preferences. And that's what makes you unable to find new things that you might enjoy, or appreciate the values of something you don't personally enjoy.

And yes, I'm capable of seeing things outside of my own perspective, but no matter how you look at it, this roster blows, everything that's actually there and is good seems neutered by something that's missing or shouldn't be there in the first place (:4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4greninja::4charizard:).
That is a contradictory statement. If you can see it from another perspective, and still say that there's no way anyone can find the roster appealing, then explain why there is evidence of people who find this roster appealing, among some which already are debating against you?

And explain why there are people who likes the characters you listed as "something which shouldn't be there" when you're seeing it from their perspective.

So no, if you can't see it from their perspective, you're only following your own.

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice

Seriously guys, calm down and just enjoy the reveal. Typing walls of text over the purpose of the reveal doesn't stop the trailer from happening.
That's partially what i'm trying to do; calm down and look at the reveal. Unfortunately, D-iara is whining over Ridley not being a playable character, and she keeps whining "I HATE SAKURAI FOR NOT PUTTING IN MY FAVORITE CHARACTER", and she's not shutting up about it. I'm trying to keep everyone calm, and nobody can do that. This is a war, a war of which there is no true winner unless there is peace.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It amazes me that the comments page for this PotD is fueled entirely on the fact that Ridley's not in it.

Let me come right out and say this: I wanted Mewtwo more than anything else for this game. I did not get Mewtwo. And you know what? I'm still having an effing blast with Smash 3DS, and I can't wait to see what Smash Wii U has to offer.

The roster is amazing. I'll only mildly grumble about the new clones, but it doesn't matter, because I understand that the roster was not custom tailored to me - and if I have a problem with 2 characters in the game, well guess what? There's 47 more of them to enjoy, and people who actually do play those characters can give me some unexpectedly great competition. In fact, some of my best characters are those I don't personally like (I hate Diddy as a character, but he's like my third best character in Brawl and fifth in PM) or those I never expected (R.O.B. mane 4 lyfe son!). The inverse is also true for characters I really wanted (my #1 most requested character in Brawl was Wolf, but I'm terrible with him).

Am I disapointed Mewtwo's not in the game? Yeah, a little. Am I salty? Nah, not really. There's so much more to enjoy and be excited about (what is board game mode?!), and DLC is always a possibility. If it's another few months before I see my mutant cat guy, that's fine, because Sakurai's put a lot of work into making a great product that's going to keep me occupied for years. And if I never see him? No biggie. I'm already psyched because I've wanted to main Yoshi again since the good ol' days of 64, and I totally can in Smash 4. This game has brought me full circle with my mains, and I'll forever be grateful for that.

On the topic of DHD himself, I'm incredibly impressed with what they've done with him. They took an NPC with limited range of movement and purpose, and turned him into a complex, deep character with a wide array of options and something of a learning curve to reward dedicated players. He's almost the replacement for Snake, considering the way he can place traps with both his B and side-B.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
This doesn't do anything for me, I can be patience, hell, Ridley can be playable, but I'll never forgive Sakurai for what the Metroid fanbase has gone through because of HIM.
Hm... well I tried kindness and understanding, and apparently that doesn't work. You're clearly a very bitter and immature person who is only here to piss people off... Can't say I didn't try!

And saying what "you went through because of HIM"... what exactly are you referring to? You're making it sound like he killed your child. Quit being so melodramatic.

This. Times 1,000.

No point in trying to rationalize with someone who has no rationale.

Oh and one more thing:
I FREAKING LOVE :4duckhunt:!!!!!
(Not just being a jerk, I really do... what a splendid call back to those of us who grew up with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cartridge in our NES for hours on end!)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Holy crap Captain N's in Smash!
Goodness gracious, these forums have been filled with such anger lately.

Calm down everyone! I understand wanting more characters (because I do, including Ridley) but keep in mind... even without clones or Miis, there are 45 unique characters in this game...
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4palutena:
:4pacman::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:

12 of which are BRAND SPANKING NEW!
...which is FAR more than I ever expected.

If we end up getting DLC, I will be beyond thrilled, but if we don't... let's enjoy the extremely hard work that went into the 3DS & Wii U versions of Smash Bros...

(Insert comments about having my head shoved up Sakurai's ***.)

Not to mention custom character movesets. For every character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Am I the only one that find it ironic that someone is complaining about the iconic and infamous Duck Hunt Dog being "unwarranted" for popularity reasoning and yet counts Ness and Captain Falcon as warranted despite neither series being particularly important/popular as well as the fact that... oh, I don't know, not many would have requested them to be in Smash 4 if they didn't appear in a previous Smash game, especially as the only reason they could be considered iconic is because of Smash in of itself. Jigglypuff had the distincion of being the second-most popular Pokemon character in Japan at the time 64 was being made and yet she is considered to be more "unwarranted" than Ness and Falcon.

Not to mention custom character movesets. For every character.
Personally, I don't particularly care for them.

Last edited:

Yusa

Smash Cadet
What's with this combined hateful resentment towards D-idara on this chat? It has grown to ridiculous heights for some people on here simply cannot accept he has a different stance on this and get frustrated for every time they can't convince him to give up on Ridley.

To create a fairly balanced argument and strengthen his defense abit, some of the "arguments" this chat throws at him are neither factual nor strong in any way. And it's the absolute with:

1.) If you don't like the roster, don't buy the game.

Now this is the most baseless and least thoughtful counter i have ever seen - and sadly have to see it thrown around EVERYWHERE.

The problem of disappointment with something you used to be excited about is not solved with skipping out on it; this only leaves an even worse taste in your mouth. If you're a fan of any series, smash in this case, isolating yourself from it is no solution.

If you like Smash, you want to play Smash. And if you are a big enough fan, you eventually will. But you will just as well notice the changes and additions your beloved series makes - and a series you have loved for many years straying from the path you wanted it to take can hurt alot and cause the most devoted to hold bitter grudges for their "new path". I experienced the same for Naruto and expect most of you to have met with this very fate atleast once in your lives; so don't assume that everyone is capable of agreeing with the general consensus and replace their personal view with an entirely objective one. I would go as far as calling that deindividuation.

In all seriousness, i do not support D- taking the petty defensive stance he is now - you all however are forcing him in this position. A good chunk of people on here do need to get off their high horse and start gaining empathy; because, as he said multiple times already, he cares about the roster. And doing so equals emotionally investing. Picture yourselves in a situation where your high hopes are knocked down and then judge someone who's there at the bottom with you once more.

It is also a ridiculous claim to forbid someone from uttering their opinion on a product they purchased/are going to do so soon. Improvements are never made through reluctant acquiescing - but instead by revealing the negatives.

So much for this.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
When did I imply that I was listening to you? I'll buy the game alright, but it won't be 10/10, it'll be 7/10 at best if Sakurai really has some cool modes up his sleeve, one point docked for each of the big three missing.

Your dog is in the game, you could try not being annoying about it, maybe the person with the NES Zapper realizes they're playing a crappy game and they go play some Super Metroid.
You sound like a very pleasant person.

Top Bottom