• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why is that every fan base can except that their fav character isn't in except Ridley fans....

Characters isn't everything the game has to offer.

If you can't appreciate that, you deserve disappoint.

As for the ToS rumor, tmw is make or break. I for one would think the REMAINING newcomers would get a trailer before a figment of fans imaginations. My favorite of tmw is gonna be sakurai, finally burying this Ridley thing for good.
Characters IS everything the game has to offer, so you want Sakurai finally burying the most-requested character on the west to add...a dog?
That's a good one.
I really hope they add Ridley but since he's too big Sakurai makes him baby ridley and he can fly around with a diaper and a pacifier. It would fit his fans perfectly.
Perhaps you could shut your mouth and maybe go play some Super Kind-Of-Popular Brothers 3DS. We are angry because Sakurai outright refuses to listen to the biggest fanbases.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope they add Ridley but since he's too big Sakurai makes him baby ridley and he can fly around with a diaper and a pacifier. It would fit his fans perfectly.
Little Birdie confirmed. :troll:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Little Birdie confirmed. :troll:
It's not funny. So you think because you got your generic dog in the game you can mock other fanbases? Hell, at least the Nintendogs chase Frisbees and play with Mario Kart, there's more material to make a moveset from Nintendogs than from the crappy Duck Hunt.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Characters IS everything the game has to offer, so you want Sakurai finally burying the most-requested character on the west to add...a dog?
That's a good one.

Perhaps you could shut your mouth and maybe go play some Super Kind-Of-Popular Brothers 3DS. We are angry because Sakurai outright refuses to listen to the biggest fanbases.
just be quiet. please. you don't have to buy it if you don't want it. let me say this again, because you clearly did not understand what i said earlier.
if you don't like the game, don't buy it.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Oh gee guys I wonder who that could be. Man I'm gonna be so hyped for this mysterious new character once we see this awesome video showcasing amazing new content and it's gonna make everyone buy the Wii U version because uhh reasons.
For some reason I read your post in the voice of Sarah Palin.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's not funny. So you think because you got your generic dog in the game you can mock other fanbases? Hell, at least the Nintendogs chase Frisbees and play with Mario Kart, there's more material to make a moveset from Nintendogs than from the crappy Duck Hunt.
My dog is in the game. Your dragon isn't.

Maybe the person with the NES Zapper mistook Little Birdie for another purple winged creature?

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
just be quiet. please. you don't have to buy it if you don't want it. let me say this again, because you clearly did not understand what i said earlier.
if you don't like the game, don't buy it.
When did I imply that I was listening to you? I'll buy the game alright, but it won't be 10/10, it'll be 7/10 at best if Sakurai really has some cool modes up his sleeve, one point docked for each of the big three missing.
My dog is in the game. Your dragon isn't.

Maybe the person with the NES Zapper mistakes Little Birdie for another purple winged creature?
Your dog is in the game, you could try not being annoying about it, maybe the person with the NES Zapper realizes they're playing a crappy game and they go play some Super Metroid.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I read your post in the voice of Sarah Palin.
i bet it was because of the "oh gee" at the beginning there.
Shut, Up, About, RIDEY! jeeez...
i'll never give up hope for ridey.
When did I imply that I was listening to you? I'll buy the game alright, but it won't be 10/10, it'll be 7/10 at best if Sakurai really has some cool modes up his sleeve, one point docked for each of the big three missing.
so because you didn't get your characters in, it's ****? try making a game. it's ****ing hard work. how do you think sak-man feels, huh? do you know how much pressure he probably was under while deciding the roster?

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

You try to shut me up for defending Ridley but then you say you support Ridley? I'm confused...

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
You try to shut me up for defending Ridley but then you say you support Ridley? I'm confused...
no, i was mocking the guy who said ridey instead of ridley. and no, i wasn't telling you to be quiet because you like ridley. i was telling you to be quiet because you think it's **** because ridley isn't in it.

Last edited:

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Seriosly, you're acting like a child. Stop embarrassing yourself. The game was made in Japan and Ridley isn't popular in Japan. If you can't find a character you like with a roster of 50 just because a jobber dragon isn't in it then that's on you. It's an amazing roster. Get over it.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
He ain't ever getting in bruh. On THAT note what WE do need more of is Kid Icarus. I mean, Dark Pit was a HUGE step forward but what we really need is Hades, Medusa, Phosphorus...Aw hell, just put them all in! While we're at it let's add every iteration of Link and 10 more Pokemon!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Seriosly, you're acting like a child. Stop embarrassing yourself. The game was made in Japan and Ridley isn't popular in Japan. If you can't find a character you like with a roster of 50 just because a jobber dragon isn't in it then that's on you. It's an amazing roster. Get over it.
It's a half-decent roster at best, if it didn't have Robin, Rosalina and Villager, it'd be the worst roster in the history of the series.
He ain't ever getting in bruh. On THAT note what WE do need more of is Kid Icarus. I mean, Dark Pit was a HUGE step forward but what we really need is Hades, Medusa, Phosphorus...Aw hell, just put them all in! While we're at it let's add every iteration of Link and 10 more Pokemon!
Wow you're hilarious, I'm laughing so much, so much.
Ridley deserves to get in over anyone, but Hades actually deserved it a ton more than most of these "out-of-the-box" nobodies and C-Listers. I can see Sakurai thinking about out-of-the-box characters for the sake of having out of the box characters.

so because you didn't get your characters in, it's ****? try making a game. it's ****ing hard work. how do you think sak-man feels, huh? do you know how much pressure he probably was under while deciding the roster?
Not enough pressure it seems, he must feel fine, knowing that he tricked one of the biggest character fanbases for over a year and then shrugging it off like he did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Now is not the time nor place to discuss Ridley (or any other characters not in the roster) c'mon guys ._.

On the topic of the actual post, however, I'm happy that Duck Hunt (and maybe Bowser Jr.) will get newcomer trailers, that means all the newcomers kinda got one

Last edited:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
That's a good one.
Well that's your opinion. An extremely flawed opinion. But it's yours. Some are people are extremely happy about that "dog" being in. If you can't respect that, what the hell makes you think I'mma respect any opinion you have.

don't buy the game..... Jesus...

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well that's your opinion. An extremely flawed opinion. But it's yours. Some are people are extremely happy about that "dog" being in. If you can't respect that, what the hell makes you think I'mma respect any opinion you have.

don't buy the game..... Jesus...
I'll never refer to the Dog by any title or name, because that'd mean he has an identity or is actually a character, he's just that, one generic dog with a duck on his back for some reason, with a forced moveset for the sake of adding him to be 'cool' and 'unpredictable'. Screw oddball characters, all of 'em.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Why doesn't that blurred character look like Duck Hunt...? Maybe the blurriness is messing it up but it looks like Mario lol

Still, why would Duck Hunt get a trailer if he's already been well known for a while.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Now is not the time nor place to discuss Ridley (or any other characters not in the roster) c'mon guys ._.

On the topic of the actual post, however, I'm happy that Duck Hunt (and maybe Bowser Jr.) will get newcomer trailers, that means all the newcomers kinda got one
Watch as we get a:4darkpit: trailer as well:troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Your dog is in the game, you could try not being annoying about it, maybe the person with the NES Zapper realizes they're playing a crappy game and they go play some Super Metroid.
Just because Ridley is too big doesn't mean he's that big that everything Smash-related revolves around Ridley.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
and Ridley is Boba Fett. A character that did absolutely nothing and then got beat up but is popular because he looks cool.

By the way the addition of Pac Man and Mega-man alone, not even counting any of the other additions make this roster amazing.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'll never refer to the Dog by any title or name, because that'd mean he has an identity or is actually a character, he's just that, one generic dog with a duck on his back for some reason, with a forced moveset for the sake of adding him to be 'cool' and 'unpredictable'. Screw oddball characters, all of 'em.
I'm glad that Sakurai doesn't listen to the man-child portion of the fanbase you happen to represent. Most of what you are saying comes out of spite rather than actual criticism.
Oh, and don't pretend that you speak on behalf of the fanbase.

What's exactly so bad about Duck Hunt anyways? He is a retro character, just like G&W and ROB.

It's a half-decent roster at best, if it didn't have Robin, Rosalina and Villager, it'd be the worst roster in the history of the series.
A factually wrong statement, you are overflowing with them. Smash 64's is technically the "worst" due to having only 12 characters, from there each roster has been superior than the one before it. Smash 4's roster is basically Brawl's minus the unfortunate cut of the Ice Climbers (which I would go as far to say is the only really painful loss), Wolf and Lucas; Snake is a third party so he is absence wasn't unexpected and Squirtle and Ivysaur were part of the Pkmn Trainer gimmick; plus the addition of several new characters, the most of any game. Thus making the roster the best in the series.

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015

Wow you're hilarious, I'm laughing so much, so much.
Ridley deserves to get in over anyone, but Hades actually deserved it a ton more than most of these "out-of-the-box" nobodies and C-Listers. I can see Sakurai thinking about out-of-the-box characters for the sake of having out of the box characters.

Not enough pressure it seems, he must feel fine, knowing that he tricked one of the biggest character fanbases for over a year and then shrugging it off like he did nothing wrong.
Oh my god, will you shut the **** up? Nobody cares what you have to say, period. You just look like a colossal moron. Way to represent "the biggest fanbase."

Last edited:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna answer that with a quote by you...

you could try not being annoying about it,
Have a good day bro

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh boo hoo! :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob::4wiifit:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
In a way I'm glad DHD is getting a trailer, I thought it was going to be about someone using the Zapper like that. I am sad we didn't get to see a trailer explaining Dr. Mario not being in Brawl, I think they could have made that into a funny one.

PaperX

Smash Cadet

I'm making some eggs, so can I borrow some of that salt please?

D

Deleted member

D-idara I'm asking you a question no jokes no insults just an honest legit question...how old are you?

D

Deleted member

It's funny, because the most "character" you see from Ridley is just him acting like a big screaming dragon shooting fireballs left and right while throwing his tail around as well. He does have more to him, but it's very rare that the games actually shows that.

Does the dog have much going from him? No, at most he is a reference to the western cartoon dog characters that were popular back in the day. But through his moveset and design he represents a part of Nintendo's history like most Retro characters do. I'd like Ridley in, but he's never been the end-all-be-all that you're so desperately making him out to be. Neither is Duck Hunt, nor any other non-main characters in the roster for that matter.

There's more to the game than roster representation. If you can't look past that, then there's no reason for you to invest yourself in this generation in any case. I'm at least willing to give it a chance despite none of my wishes being fulfilled in terms of roster representation, because it wasn't a big issue to begin with.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not all ridley supports are like this but yeah most of them are childish -_-
Yeah! People like that D-iarrhea guy are just making me less enthusiastic about Ridley. I don't care if he's in the game or not... I like Metroid games myself... but oh my god, they are so entitled like Sakurai owes them Ridley just because they are the "biggest fanbase" around... like, check your ego! We don't hate Ridley... we are annoyed with his vocal minority fanbase.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
So there will be nothing worthwhile on the Direct? Nice going, Sakurai, you could've tried having a trailer for a character people actually wanted, like Ridley or Mewtwo, thanka for being a stubborn, stubborn man.

I guess we'll only get crappy modes and past stages, righf? Not to mention degrading boss hazards.
A lot of the fans do care, seeing as they're some of the most requested characters. Yeah we're buying the game, but fans of actually-wanted characters won't be 100% satisfied with the lackluster final product, I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.
The rosters SHOULDN'T be the same, though, the lackluster version shouldn't be holding the Wii U version back, that's horrible.

He will probably show some trophies, past stages for franchises that actually deserve a new stage (Like Metroid and DK), horrible stage bosses that only serve as both a cop-out for doing real bosses and cop-out for degrading deserving characters to a laughable role, boring 'Smashboard' gamemode, a new Stage Builder that doesn't actually have all the features we wanted it to have, only 8 songs per stage again, no real incentive to buy the Wii U version, and then probably a trailer for a character no one in their right mind wanted in the first place.

Because we don't actually want to believe that Sakurai thinks he can get away with leaving out all the biggest requests...
Nice name-calling, almost hurt me.

Skytown was a pretty requested stage, but guess what? Prime doesn't exist. Two Metroid characters? Oh, the same person with different clothes. Metroid newcomer? No, stage hazard. The only fair rep was Smash Run, and. we didn't even get Space Pirates.

And Pyrosphere's another lava place, because Metroid totally doesn't have tons of interesting Ancient Ruins, Alien Jungles, Snow Wonderlands, Sci-Fi Bases, CITIES IN THE ****ING SKY.

It's not Ridley and Mewtwo, it's them plus everything else that's missing, like new stages for Nintendo's biggest franchises.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
DONT BUY IT THEN. 6 YEAR OLD LOGIC
To ***** continually about a game you don't like is 6 year old logic. It's hilarious seeing you like this. You used to be a awesome member here, but I don't know what the **** happened.

It's really only that one guy
It's always that one guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom