• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't see any point in doing reveal trailers for the secret newcomer fighters at all, least of all Bowser Jr., who I absolutely don't like. Dark Pit and Duck Hunt are both alright though.

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
Who knows, maybe the video will just be posted on DHD's character page without much fanfare. Either way, it's going to at least be great finally seeing them in HD. Plus, even if we don't get anymore new characters, at least we're getting one more, probably even 2 including a Bowser Jr/Koopalings one.

Sakurai is probably doing a favor at this point. He doesn't want us going in the Direct disappointed with the lack of new characters. He wants us going in with low expectations, so we can find joy in the smaller things instead of just ignoring everything for a character trailer that will never come.

Part of me hopes that this trailer is in the style of an 80s Nintendo Commercial, maybe even down to the Dog's revealed being: "Duck Hunt: Plays with Power". I also hope the trailer ends with a zoom out of that TV, and onto a table with a real life R.O.B. Maybe he could even blast a laser at the hand holding the Zapper.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, considering Bowser Jr. will most likely also have a trailer, we are down to 48 useful facts tomorrow.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
You guys thought swimsuit Shulk and shorts Zamus were bad but...

Is nobody noticing that we're finally seeing Master Hand naked for the first time ever?

:dazwa:
I believe everyone sees a naked Master Hand everyday, everyone has one (#rekt)

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
There still a chance for Shrek
Really? I was hoping he'd be in this time, but his chances are looking slimmer and slimmer every day. :( I'm starting to think the ToS leak was fake. (Tower of Shrek.)

But seriously, I wanna see dat Ridley doe. I also hope this direct isn't like the MK8 one, where they revealed everything and left no suprises.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sakurai is probably doing a favor at this point. He doesn't want us going in the Direct disappointed with the lack of new characters. He wants us going in with low expectations, so we can find joy in the smaller things instead of just ignoring everything for a character trailer that will never come.
Characters are the most important part of smash plus if Sakurai wanted low expectations he would have shown Ridley as a boss. They need more characters for hype and if they don't announce any in the direct then announce character DLC.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
Oh gee guys I wonder who that could be. Man I'm gonna be so hyped for this mysterious new character once we see this awesome video showcasing amazing new content and it's gonna make everyone buy the Wii U version because uhh reasons.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So there will be nothing worthwhile on the Direct? Nice going, Sakurai, you could've tried having a trailer for a character people actually wanted, like Ridley or Mewtwo, thanka for being a stubborn, stubborn man.

I guess we'll only get crappy modes and past stages, righf? Not to mention degrading boss hazards.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Way to be subtle, Sakurai!

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Guys, he already said the roster would be the same between both versions. Until he actually disproves that which he may not, stop complaining that there was no Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
inb4 falco gets pissed at dhd for shooting him

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, come on people, new trailers (even for characters we already know) are still awesome! Besides, new stuff'll probably be shown in em. Like 8 Player smash in Jr's! Not sure what DHD's might reveal... exciting! Hope he has a rivalry with Falco!

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
People are seriously disappointed that we'll be getting a video crafted purely as fan service?

What is wrong with this board?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not sure what DHD's might reveal... exciting!
My guess would be Smash Boards!

Hope he has a rivalry with Falco!
Falco is a falcon, not a duck.....
Besides, he is already has a friendly rivalry with Fox.

Villager is the most likely rival in a "hunter vs fisher" kind of rivalry

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be honest, the people going into this EXPECTING a new character deserve disappointment. Meanwhile I'm just relieved that Duck Hunt and most likely Bowser Jr. are getting trailers at all. I was worried due to their
"secret" status.

Time to take a hint from Elsa and let it go, guys. Do I hope for DLC? Oh yes. I hope somewhere down the line there's a day some hero bursts into Sakurai's office out of breath and says, "We've done it," showing Sakurai a working 3DS build of the Ice Climbers. And then they're released as DLC. Do I expect that day to come? Most certainly not. That'd be setting myself up for disappointment.

Take the catty insults and angst elsewhere, because honestly, it's kinda embarrassing. Also, I like how they captured a realistic Light Gun scenario in the reveal trailer, evidently.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
People are seriously disappointed that we'll be getting a video crafted purely as fan service?

What is wrong with this board?
Its not crafted as purely "fanservice", its also serves as advertising for the WiiU version. Also, pretty sure more people wanted reveals on new characters as opposed to reveals on characters known for weeks.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Why hold on to the trailer so long after 3DS release? Maybe it is a joint trailer, like Greninjas with a currently unknown character!
OooOoOOOoooo!!!

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I don't see any point in doing reveal trailers for the secret newcomer fighters at all, least of all Bowser Jr., who I absolutely don't like. Dark Pit and Duck Hunt are both alright though.
Just because you dislike a fighter, that doesn't mean they shouldn't get a trailer.:glare:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its not crafted as purely "fanservice", its also serves as advertising for the WiiU version. Also, pretty sure more people wanted reveals on new characters as opposed to reveals on characters known for weeks.
Those people shouldn't have been expecting new characters in the first place, plain and simple.

Gef

Smash Cadet
So there will be nothing worthwhile on the Direct? Nice going, Sakurai, you could've tried having a trailer for a character people actually wanted, like Ridley or Mewtwo, thanka for being a stubborn, stubborn man.

I guess we'll only get crappy modes and past stages, righf? Not to mention degrading boss hazards.
So immature. You wanted something that was unlikely, now you get the salt. Grow up. Sakurai isn't stubborn, he wasn't refusing to add these characters in. He just chose not too. You're the stubborn one who chose to cry and cry for it and now that you don't get what you want you complain about the whole game. A majority of the people who will play smash 4 won't care that mewtwo and ridley aren't in. Sorry :"(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That screenshot makes you think...

Hey, isn't that ********?

Because the character is censored, even his name is censored.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
Oh my god, that thing that he said he was going to do. He's actually doing it. How dare he not do something we knew he was never interested in!

We knew the rosters were the same.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
That is obviously Ridley, I don't know why you people think it's Duck Hunt.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So immature. You wanted something that was unlikely, now you get the salt. Grow up. Sakurai isn't stubborn, he wasn't refusing to add these characters in. He just chose not too. You're the stubborn one who chose to cry and cry for it and now that you don't get what you want you complain about the whole game. A majority of the people who will play smash 4 won't care that mewtwo and ridley aren't in. Sorry :"(
A lot of the fans do care, seeing as they're some of the most requested characters. Yeah we're buying the game, but fans of actually-wanted characters won't be 100% satisfied with the lackluster final product, I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

It's not Thursday yet, and I can smell the dang salt everywhere...
Just because your oversize Barney The Dino don't have a trailer, that doesn't mean they're will be anything worthwhile on the Direct/Sakurai will simply not care and add some "crappy gamemodes" or past stages.

You don't know that they're will be crappy gamemodes, you don't know that all the characters will be same, YOU DON'T KNOW! So get off your high horse and stop judgeing the game because Ridley isn't in the game.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Why ANY of you people were expecting brand new characters confuses me.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh my god, that thing that he said he was going to do. He's actually doing it. How dare he not do something we knew he was never interested in!

We knew the rosters were the same.
The rosters SHOULDN'T be the same, though, the lackluster version shouldn't be holding the Wii U version back, that's horrible.
It's not Thursday yet, and I can smell the dang salt everywhere...
Just because your oversize Barney The Dino don't have a trailer, that doesn't mean they're will be anything worthwhile on the Direct/Sakurai will simply not care and add some "crappy gamemodes" or past stages.

You don't know that they're will be crappy gamemodes, you don't know that all the characters will be same, YOU DON'T KNOW! So get off your high horse and stop judgeing the game because Ridley isn't in the game.
He will probably show some trophies, past stages for franchises that actually deserve a new stage (Like Metroid and DK), horrible stage bosses that only serve as both a cop-out for doing real bosses and cop-out for degrading deserving characters to a laughable role, boring 'Smashboard' gamemode, a new Stage Builder that doesn't actually have all the features we wanted it to have, only 8 songs per stage again, no real incentive to buy the Wii U version, and then probably a trailer for a character no one in their right mind wanted in the first place.
Why ANY of you people were expecting brand new characters confuses me.
Because we don't actually want to believe that Sakurai thinks he can get away with leaving out all the biggest requests...

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.
Oh wow, I didn't know you work at Nintendo and worked at the game.
How did you get such information?

Oh wait, You don't!
Your just upset that Ridely isn't in game. (Will I hope he is in the game)

You guys are over hypeing yourself....

Last edited:
Top Bottom