• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
A lot of the fans do care, seeing as they're some of the most requested characters. Yeah we're buying the game, but fans of actually-wanted characters won't be 100% satisfied with the lackluster final product, I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.
The butt cheeks of this man-child are still hurting. And it seems you have a working time machine as well.

And you are kidding yourself if you think that the roster can only be considered good if characters like Ridley and Mewtwo are included. Not saying that they wouldn't be nice additions, but the game doesn't need them.
Pyrosphere was a nice addition as a stage but hey, weren't you the guy who kept saying that Metroid got nothing (which is false)? But when we do get something you go lenghts to downplay it or ignore it, all for the sake of pulling the victim the card.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
He will probably show some trophies, past stages for franchises that actually deserve a new stage (Like Metroid and DK), horrible stage bosses that only serve as both a cop-out for doing real bosses and cop-out for degrading deserving characters to a laughable role, boring 'Smashboard' gamemode, a new Stage Builder that doesn't actually have all the features we wanted it to have, only 8 songs per stage again, no real incentive to buy the Wii U version, and then probably a trailer for a character no one in their right mind wanted in the first place.
Great Job on judging the game more...

TL:DR
Oh Ridley and Mewtwo isn't le part of the game, so it is ****
WAAAAHH!!!!111 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Those people shouldn't have been expecting new characters in the first place, plain and simple.
True, but it doesn't hurt to hope, though

Also, my goodness, the sh"tstorm that has erupted from both ends. -_-

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The butt cheeks of this man-child are still hurting. And it seems you have a working time machine as well.

And you are kidding yourself if you think that the roster can only be considered good if characters like Ridley and Mewtwo are included. Not saying that they wouldn't be nice additions, but the game doesn't need them.
Pyrosphere was a nice addition as a stage but hey, weren't you the guy who kept saying that Metroid got nothing (which is false)? But when we do get something you go lenghts to downplay it or ignore it, all for the sake of pulling the victim the card.
Nice name-calling, almost hurt me.

Skytown was a pretty requested stage, but guess what? Prime doesn't exist. Two Metroid characters? Oh, the same person with different clothes. Metroid newcomer? No, stage hazard. The only fair rep was Smash Run, and. we didn't even get Space Pirates.

And Pyrosphere's another lava place, because Metroid totally doesn't have tons of interesting Ancient Ruins, Alien Jungles, Snow Wonderlands, Sci-Fi Bases, CITIES IN THE ****ING SKY.
Great Job on judging the game more...

TL:DR
Oh Ridley and Mewtwo isn't le part of the game, so it is ****
WAAAAHH!!!!111 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
It's not Ridley and Mewtwo, it's them plus everything else that's missing, like new stages for Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
A lot of the fans do care, seeing as they're some of the most requested characters. Yeah we're buying the game, but fans of actually-wanted characters won't be 100% satisfied with the lackluster final product, I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.
The SALT!

Not into the SALT! IT BUUUUURRRNS!!!!!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
A new character wielding the Nintendo Zapper?

nestersplash.png

I am so hype.

D

Deleted member

So there will be nothing worthwhile on the Direct? Nice going, Sakurai, you could've tried having a trailer for a character people actually wanted, like Ridley or Mewtwo, thanka for being a stubborn, stubborn man.

I guess we'll only get crappy modes and past stages, righf? Not to mention degrading boss hazards.
dude I want ridley in the game more then the next guy but I'm not going to throw a Hissy Fit just because he's not in.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
True, but it doesn't hurt to hope, though
How come they're peolpe already upset over a dang picture?

Yeah, because you don't call peolpe names too... :facepalm:

It's not Ridley and Mewtwo, it's them plus everything else that's missing, like new stages for Nintendo's biggest franchises.
:glare:
somebodydidntwatchtheSmashNintendoDrirect

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Skytown was a pretty requested stage, but guess what? Prime doesn't exist. Two Metroid characters? Oh, the same person with different clothes. Metroid newcomer? No, stage hazard. The only fair rep was Smash Run, and. we didn't even get Space Pirates.

And Pyrosphere's another lava place, because Metroid totally doesn't have tons of interesting Ancient Ruins, Alien Jungles, Snow Wonderlands, Sci-Fi Bases, CITIES IN THE ****ING SKY.

Seven people in the world requesting Skytown doesn't count as a "pretty requested stage", this is the first time someone even says that everyone wanted that which I doubt is true; but you've been playing spokesman as of late. And whether you like or not, underground mazes and magma caverns are a very recurring theme in the Metroid series, like jungles in DK and grassy plains in Mario. And Frigate Orpheon from Prime was in last time, that's a sci-fi spaceship while Pyrosphere is part of a space facility.

And again you are ignoring the two new assist trophies that we got, Ridley as a boss (who was a boss not once but twice back in the SSE) and the new stage. But I guess your greedy ass will find simply a way to pull another fallacy.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video."

disappointing. i saw the thumbnail and assumed it would be a cool stage. not a trailer for a character we already knew about.

D

Deleted member

So happy they are going for this. Makes me look forward to see all of the disappointment during the direct itself.

You simply cannot put your expectations against the information that has been given to you so far. Sakurai has stated that the characters will be the same in both versions, and as such, it is to be expected that they will be the same.

But not everyone understands this, so we see way too many calling this effort a waste of time. Sure thing. I'll enjoy it myself nevertheless, because I'm actually willing to look past the superficial values of measuring the quantity of product-placement in a single video game.

Have fun crying on Thursday!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So happy they are going for this. Makes me look forward to see all of the disappointment during the direct itself.

You simply cannot put your expectations against the information that has been given to you so far. Sakurai has stated that the characters will be the same in both versions, and as such, it is to be expected that they will be the same.

But not everyone understands this, so we see way too many calling this effort a waste of time. Sure thing. I'll enjoy it myself nevertheless, because I'm actually willing to look past the superficial values of measuring the quantity of product-placement in a single video game.

Have fun crying on Thursday!
Personally speaking, I never really thought that it was likely that we were going to see DLC characters announced at Thursday. If anything, I expect it to be announced sometime next year.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Best PotD ever. Can't wait to see Duck Hunt's trailer, hopefully their trailer is as great as this PotD.

Also, I am hoping they show something in the trailer that would make people stop calling Duck Hunt as "Duck Hunt Dog", but I doubt that is happening, unfortunately.
Why do you care so much about names and pronouns with this fighter that you want people to stop saying "Duck Hunt Dog"? :confused:

Fighter name =/= Character name

Examples...

:4zss:
Fighter name: Zero Suit Samus
Character name: Samus

:4tlink:
Fighter name: Toon Link
Character name: Link

:4olimar:
Fighter name: Pikmin & Olimar
Character name: Olimar

:rosalina:
Fighter name: Rosalina & Luma
Character name: Rosalina

:4mii::4miif:
Fighter name: Mii Fighters
Character name: Mii

:4duckhunt:
Fighter name: Duck Hunt
Character name: Duck Hunt Dog

:popo:
Fighter name: Ice Climbers
Character name: Popo and Nana

:pt:
Fighter name: Pokemon Trainer
Character name: Red

D

Deleted member

Personally speaking, I never really thought that it was likely that we were going to see DLC characters announced at Thursday. If anything, I expect it to be announced sometime next year.
I don't expect any type of DLC to be announced prior to half a year from now. And even then, I don't expect us to get Character DLC anytime soon. If anything, my guess is that we'll get stage- and costume-DLC.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman

if you don't want the game, don't buy it. simple as that.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
...I would like an NES Zapper peripheral to aim at the fighters mid-game and a game mode that allows me to do that....

8 bit Smash, make it happen!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
All the salt being produced from DHD and Bowser. Jr getting trailers instead of a new character isn't going to stop me from enjoying their trailers. I was actually hoping that their trailers would be the case this thursday and while its not confirmed, its looking like it. And honestly I couldn't be any happier, DHD is one of my mains.

Sorry guys, but seriously with you and the new characters you kind of are inventing the new Sonic Cycle.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
The surprise is the Wii u version of the character or maybe the stage

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
EYY!! DUCK DOG WUZ UP!? Oh, you were trying to hide yourself? Sorry, I clearly see your long ear and big tan nose, my apologigies (looks obvious guys who didn't know)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Flipping heck, why are people being so ridiculous here? Yes people may like or dislike characters like Ridley and Mewtwo (and they're entitled to), but you don't have a right to act vile to each other...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't expect any type of DLC to be announced prior to half a year from now. And even then, I don't expect us to get Character DLC anytime soon. If anything, my guess is that we'll get stage- and costume-DLC.
I think character DLC will be announced from around June to July 2015. The funny thing is, I still expect lots of disappointment when they get announced, considering all I expect are veterans and semi-clone newcomers. I even made a joke about a hypothetical scenario where Sakurai announced Fusion Suit Samus, Toon Ridley, Toon DK, Young Diddy, Gold Mario, Luigi With a Wig, Baby Wario, Chibi Marth, CDI-Link and the Wii Fit Balance Board as DLC.:laugh:

But in all seriousness, I expect disappointment and rage regardless when character DLC is announced. Imagine what would happen if, say, Toon Zelda was among them.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Why is that every fan base can except that their fav character isn't in except Ridley fans....

Characters isn't everything the game has to offer.

If you can't appreciate that, you deserve disappoint.

As for the ToS rumor, tmw is make or break. I for one would think the REMAINING newcomers would get a trailer before a figment of fans imaginations. My favorite of tmw is gonna be sakurai, finally burying this Ridley thing for good.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Duck Hunts Final Smash should have been a zapper cross air that should have been controlled by the player. Like how Snakes FS worked in Brawl. Would have been way more nostalgic.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hey I like Duck Hunt. I'm open to all surprises. As far as the Ridley/Mewtwo fans.... No wonder Sak-Man calls us children lol

QUIT CRYING N ENJOY THE GAME

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy to see the HD model of DHD i don't know what is people's issue we getting 50 things.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
I really hope they add Ridley but since he's too big Sakurai makes him baby ridley and he can fly around with a diaper and a pacifier. It would fit his fans perfectly.

Top Bottom