• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The rumors about Banjo/Geno/Isaac/MR/CK/Shadow/Ken being the final newcomers might itself be false info given out by Nintendo to smoke out leakers. We know of at least one other source (Papageno's source's Microsoft contact) that has also heard about these specific characters after all and I think its very unlikely that all three of them are in cahoots.
Makes you think, the Microsoft contact, as why would this guy be tipped off by NINTENDO?
Could go for real or fake with the Grinch leak.

D

Deleted member

Only people who mentioned a 3rd character were Verge, Spawn, and Mystic. Verge outright said it was a Square character and Spawn keeps “guessing” Sora. I don’t think Mystic ever said who the possible 3rd character was, and his actual quote was that he had some people telling him there was 3 characters left while others told him there are 7.
Out of those three people, one of them has a perfect track record.

:nifty: intensifies

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Which should tell you about how much we SHOULDN'T put all of our stock into trusting "Insiders" who don't even have a track history with previous smash games.
The goal isn't to blindly trust them.
It's to keep what they said in mind without harassing them or thinking they're into some sort of Damage control conspiracy for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Mach Rider and Geno were always the biggest two contenders for that, it's not really that impressive for any of them to be in a leak honestly
Geno's gun already has a reference through the Mii costume though, and it's very different from the figure's gun.

Many people saw Elma as the top contender.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
The entire Catholic church and every king, lord, business owner and college professor say the the sun go around the Earth. Copernicus say the Earth go around the sun. Who win? :awesome:

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
If you ask me he's Number 2 out of the Number 2's, only behind Luigi

I wouldn't be too mad with that to be honest.
All 3 of those are among my most wanted...
Ah, I see you’re person of culture as well
Edit: I don’t care about Ken at all tho

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Mach Rider and Geno were always the biggest two contenders for that, it's not really that impressive for any of them to be in a leak honestly
I dont really see the Vifam=Geno connection
Honestly Cobra would of been a better reference for Geno than Vifam

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's my girl Billie Kay! :love:

Agreed Shadow would be a iconic addition indeed and Banjo too, but I always thought he might be dlc if he was in.

Eitherway, depending on who we see added I will clap for my iconic favorites and feel the power! Because its a New Day, yes it is.. Its a Happy Rusev Day!
Rusev Day is dead...Rusev had to kill it to take down that ******* Aiden English, all Hail the IIconics, and Banjo would probably get in no matter his placement as base newcomer of dlc newcomer (also Shadow needs to be hella edgy)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Honestly, all of this is why I don't care to trust insiders unless there's literally nothing else to talk about. It just feels a half step removed from a text leak to me.

Iridium

Smash Hero
NGL, I would've preferred Akuma over Ken.

That said, I understand why Ken was chosen (if he's in): He's pretty much considered what standardized clones in fighting games, so he is definitely iconic in that regard. Plus, like the other Echos, it was that or nothing, and even if I don't like him, I'll still take something over nothing.

If we ever get a new unique SF character though, Zangief or Chun-Li please.
Would you like Dhalsim?

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
It's to keep what they said in mind without harassing them or thinking they're into some sort of Damage control conspiracy for Nintendo.
Nekoo, I just want to say that I think your one of the few who have been super fair for this leak, you listen to both arguments and not twisting words and keeping sure to temper you expectations...Thank You.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That is my theory too. Just like that leaked screenshot of Ken, I imagine there might be some hard evidence of Incineroar floating around among the "insiders". If the mural had included Incineroar, I would have been inclined to believe that the rest of the characters would have been our DLC. However, Incineroar's absence throws the whole thing into question. With Generation 8 months away, the character does not make sense as DLC even if he is the least popular of the bunch. This whole situation is very curious, and I am being skeptical for now (I was even skeptical on the leaks pertaining to Ridley).

Even if we only get Ken and Incineroar we still have a fantastic roster, and over a year's worth of DLC to look forward to.
It also makes me think that whatever they saw, it wasn't a mural leak. They'd know if Ken's pose matched otherwise.

Or it WAS a mural leak and Ken was in a different pose. But my money is on them having seen a build of the game with Ken and Incineroar in it, and that build is the same one from the Ken leak.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
its funny to see how the ppl are either sayinf this leak is 100% fake and hate, or it might be true to, ITS TRUE DEAL WITH IT
i mean i have seen meltdowns on discords, teamspeak servers. damn ppl are just loosing it right now

so as a joke i made this
cause i rly think that the leak can be true without damaging vergeben and incineroar since he COULD be a hidden character and get his banner update after release to keep the hype up after the release. just saying

Attachments

D

Deleted member

I don't really understand the hype responsibly thing. Like, what does that even mean?

Also, I don't understand people who say you have to like this roster. No one has to like anything. People have different opinions, y'know? If people wanna voice some disappointments, let 'em. There is no harm in that.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
The entire Catholic church and every king, lord, business owner and college professor say the the sun go around the Earth. Copernicus say the Earth go around the sun. Who win? :awesome:
I know that was a joke, I just want you to know, that is very much historically inaccurate

D

Deleted member

JUST A REMINDER ... BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT SAKURAI'S GIVEN US ... IF YOU SHOWED ME THIS ROSTER 4 YEARS AGO I WOULD HAVE LITERALLY MURDERED YOU
All these months of pushing the Geno Mii Costume splash screen and Spawn Wave as the most reliable info broker makes me feel validated enough as is, I'm hella grateful lmao

...though there's still one more character (duo) left

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Dang, well if it really is fake then it's gonna be difficult for the actual final roster to be as exciting. Sakurai has an uphill battle here either way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
JUST A REMINDER ... BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT SAKURAI'S GIVEN US ... IF YOU SHOWED ME THIS ROSTER 4 YEARS AGO I WOULD HAVE LITERALLY MURDERED YOU
SAKURAI SAID HE'S SLOWING DOWN THOUGH, TRASH THE LEAK STOP THE PRESSES
How much you wanna bet people are gonna take your post unironically

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I do think she has SOME connections but... she’s one of those leakers who throw fits and **** whenever they’re wrong which is more often than not. And I mean, I think anyone with sources is taking a 50/50 gamble but Emily will say “If I’m wrong then I’ll stop leaking” then come back three weeks later with another “leak” despite her being wrong.
Not saying she hasn't, I just haven't seen. When has she thrown fits about being wrong?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So... if this leak is fake, what do you think the final characters will look like?

My Predictions
69 Incineroar
60E Ken
38E Shadow
70 Isaac
71 Chorus Kids
Final base roster characters:

69 Incineroar
54e Medusa
38e Shadow
36e Dixie
70 Isaac
71 Elma
72 Skull Kid
73 Geno

Last edited:

Sergeant_Snivy

Smash Rookie
We have items from series without characters so Isaac isn't a lock. It's probably just Ken and Incineroar left.
With how obscure Golden Sun is compared to a lot of other series represented in Ultimate, though, and how popular Isaac has been as a requested fighter, I can't see a Golden Sun item being added without some larger representation from the series being added as well. You could argue that they're adding an item as compensation for Isaac not being playable, but I think that would be more of a slap in the face to Isaac fans than anything.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
And yet for being "the biggest contender" (Geno hardly fits due to having an arm cannon like Samus, Mega Man, and Mii Gunner), just how many times has Mach Rider actually shown up in leaks before Grinchadondorf?

I mean, other leaks that have the "final roster" never factor in that rifle. This is the rare one that actually does.
Geno's gun already has a reference through the Mii costume though, and it's very different from the figure's gun.

Many people saw Elma as the top contender.
I dont really see the Vifam=Geno connection
Honestly Cobra would of been a better reference for Geno than Vifam
I'm not saying it was right, but that's what happened. People used that post all the time to justify Geno getting in, it doesn't really matter if it was right or not, that's where speculation standed. Mach Rider was also heavily considered too. Elma came a bit later, but you're right about that, she became part of that circle too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't really understand the hype responsibly thing. Like, what does that even mean?

Also, I don't understand people who say you have to like this roster. No one has to like anything. People have different opinions, y'know? If people wanna voice some disappointments, let 'em. There is no harm in that.
Hype Responsibly means don't go **** YOU GOT MINE WE GOT MOTHER****ING SLIM JIM IN SMASH SUCK MY ****

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
its funny to see how the ppl are either sayinf this leak is 100% fake and hate, or it might be true to, ITS TRUE DEAL WITH IT
i mean i have seen meltdowns on discords, teamspeak servers. damn ppl are just loosing it right now

so as a joke i made this
cause i rly think that the leak can be true without damaging vergeben and incineroar since he COULD be a hidden character and get his banner update after release to keep the hype up after the release. just saying
>Incineroar as hidden character

HA HA NO. didn't Sakurai say that he was planning to reveal all characters before the release?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh of course, I totally agree with that. I've just always been skeptical with insiders these days.

I just wish some of these people would stop focusing in the background or "characters that don't align with what they were told" and actually talk about how the leak came about, because it's an extremely overcomplicated process that no anti-grinch supporter has been able to explain.

This person would have had to have thought of 15 different aspects of the leak all at once, and have it survive with no detrimental holes in it's logic for days now. I wish they would actually talk about that, rather than "my source doesn't agree with it so no"

Graizen

Smash Champion
Look at the comparison! My god!
The stars as gone, the clouds looks different!
Obviously the second image is Fake!
ANY person using Photoshop could do this!

pixel.jpg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We have items from series without characters so Isaac isn't a lock. It's probably just Ken and Incineroar left.
I don't know... Golden Sun has been dormant for 8 years.
The random appearance of a GS item is too suspicious
There's probably something bigger going on

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All these months of pushing the Geno Mii Costume splash screen and Spawn Wave as the most reliable info broker makes me feel validated enough as is, I'm hella grateful lmao

...though there's still one more character (duo) left
KIRYU SENTO AND BANJO RYUGA AS A TAG TEAM DUO YAAAAAAAAS MY SON AND HIS BOYFRIEND ARE IN SMASH **** YOU GOT MINE SUCK MY ****

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah. Sakurai is a man that puts a lot of attention to detail, and we already know some characters seem to react to others in the banner. The Banjo-Snake situation is definitely not a coincidence.
Assuming they're even reacting to Snake
That's not referencing anything.

MGSV has Venom Snake as the protagonist
Venom Snake hunts dozens of other animals
Venom Snake doesn't use the nikita launcher
Solid Snake doesn't hunt bears or animals.
It's reaching way too hard for what's supposed to be a reference.

Now if Snake was trying to fulton them, I'd agree.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

It means people don't getting salty if the leak is fake. Like REALLY salty, like "Sakurai what the hell? You dropped the ball ****ing hard this reveals suck" level of salty. Which people will, so whatever. Hype is good and healthy. Over-inflated hype is always horrible for everyone involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom