• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Not sure if you're trolling or just that opinionated.

Jeanne has a 0% chance for base game imho. Not just the fact that the Jeanne alt is still present when the Dark Samus & Chrom ones got removed, but there's no way SEGA would choose giving Bayonetta a second rep over Sonic the Hedgehog.

Nah we're gonna have 64 Ice Climbers on Fountain of Dreams at once. Get those marshmallows ready for a Switch Bonfire.
Its a work, if jobbers like that end up in Smash they get these hands and I will bury them

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.
1. Shadow is no jobber
2. Shadow/Ken/Banjo are
D4A0AFC4-6600-4A74-AC1D-915CEAD2B3E3.gif

3. New Day > Elite
E86B2DAF-79CF-4E0D-B89E-714579DC9DA9.gif

Rookie numbers. Get ready for 96 Chorus Kids on Fountain of Dreams + 32 Conductors in the background.

Y'know, if Grinch is real.
Grinch is dead thanks to Sakurai...so he was real

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Needs to come back much more improved to be worth anything.

Custom tournaments would help, but having more fluid rule sets and incentives to participate would be cool. I'd love official tournaments held every now and then with a prize.

If not there's always a Battle Royale mode. Think Smash Run but more extensive.
sorry, i meant it'd be cool in theory since I haven't seen it yet :p
I agree it would have to be improved.

Yeah, someone else said BR mode would be legitimately cool and honestly, Smash Run was actually pretty fun so I agree.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
So if it turns out to be fake, I honestly don't know what's going to happen.
It's probably for this reason that insiders are trying to lower people's expectations. At this point, if the leak is fake, a massive ****storm directed at Nintendo and Sakurai is inevitable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can't trust anyone who doesn't think Ken is iconic either. It gets annoying seeing people go "Who?" when's he's brought up, or act as if Street Fighter itself doesn't care about him.
I mean some people here were old enough to buy MGS2 at launch and whine about Raiden on the internet yet didn't know who Raiden from MGS was.
SPEAKING OF MGS I'M AT THE TORTUE SEQUENCE OF PEACE WALKER AND **** THAT ****

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, with how many folks in the know saying Incineroar is in, it's really making me think they've somehow seen video of him.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Seeing those insiders actively denying the leak, and saying that it was fake reminds me of this image:

I don't know why insider are calling the leak fake but it's worth to bring this image up.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't trust anyone who doesn't think Ken is iconic either. It gets annoying seeing people go "Who?" when's he's brought up, or act as if Street Fighter itself doesn't care about him.
I'll be real with you. I have literally heard nothing about Ken from a single human my entire life other than "He's a clone" and "He's damn ugly". It makes it pretty hard to care, let alone be excited for him. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

You know, with how many folks in the know saying Incineroar is in, it's really making me think they've somehow seen video of him.
I don't even want to see the resulting explosion if some kind of Incineroar video surfaces.

There's just no comedy to be found there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
i was speculating that they either saw gameplay or mural of him since liam and ryce both implied they seen physical evidence, but ryce made another comment that implied that what he meant by seen was a list of characters and their reveal dates

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean some people here were old enough to buy MGS2 at launch and whine about Raiden on the internet yet didn't know who Raiden from MGS was.
SPEAKING OF MGS I'M AT THE TORTUE SEQUENCE OF PEACE WALKER AND **** THAT ****
GRRBLRGLRLGLRLGRLGLRLGRLGRL

TRIANGLE MASHING INTENSIFIES.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah, him and Banjo I believe. And even in private they remain hush about it.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
That makes a shocking amount of sense, in a way. :laugh:

Anyway, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

If there's a leak bait character, someone has to take the fall.

And if you get Incineroar in the end anyway (as I think will happen), then what's really the harm in the bigger picture?
There wouldn’t be any harm in that situation, but sadly I think chances of him being both the leak bait and actually in are almost nonexistant

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Alright, apologies if this has this has already been discussed at length, but what are people's thoughts regarding the connection between the Grinch leak and the Chadondorf text leak?

Are they meant to be from the same source? If so, that would imply that the Grinch leaker, who is supposedly someone working in/near a French company that creates displays (not saying its Eric himself, but someone at least in his proximity), knows all of the stuff laid out in the Chadondorf leak. And that leak mentions cut characters. I don't know much about games development or how they're marketed, but surely such information wouldn't be so widely known that people working in marketing (not in house at Nintendo, but a small third-party contractor) would be aware of it? Unless the Chadondorf text leaker was in cahoots with the marketing firm leaker, and the former is better positioned to acquire such information? Or maybe that stuff about cut characters was deliberately fake, but the rest is real?

I don't know and there's probably a logical explanation for it, but I just can't make sense of it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'll be real with you. I have literally heard nothing about Ken from a single human my entire life other than "He's a clone" and "He's damn ugly". It makes it pretty hard to care, let alone be excited for him. :p
I mean, he has personality...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
1. Shadow is no jobber
2. Shadow/Ken/Banjo are View attachment 172707
3. New Day > Elite
View attachment 172708

Grinch is dead thanks to Sakurai...so he was real
There's my girl Billie Kay! :love:

Agreed Shadow would be a iconic addition indeed and Banjo too, but I always thought he might be dlc if he was in.

Eitherway, depending on who we see added I will clap for my iconic favorites and feel the power! Because its a New Day, yes it is.. Its a Happy Rusev Day!

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Those people are fools and on the day of reckoning they will be sacrificed to our almighty echo lord.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't understand what's with the connection issues, but I'm simply considering using Ethernet or a wired connection at this point, if it helps a tremendous amount.
(Sorry for responding to a post a bunch of pages back, I was working on some stuff and couldn't respond right away)

While I actually get pretty good connection while playing games like Mario Kart and Splatoon, I'm considering getting an Ethernet adapter too. I've heard from many Splatoon players that it does wonders and really helps smooth out online play.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... if this leak is fake, what do you think the final characters will look like?

My Predictions
69 Incineroar
60E Ken
38E Shadow
70 Isaac
71 Chorus Kids

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They watched the anime and decided he was really cool and he must be in Smash

Oh wait that's not the insiders nvm

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly think they may have. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was pokeball footage or someone just made something clever with incenroar and fooled all these people with it.

Or they just believe verge is the gospel.

On the other hand though, I honestly think that if incenroar has footage going around, someone would have leaked it by now to spite this leak. 4chan always does stuff like that. Plus if ken can be leaked by an image, I don't see why incenroar has not been leaked if he is in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't believe they made an entire playable character, mural art, render, and music for Incineroar and then threw him out as bait for the leaks.

Sakurai is truly playing four-dimensional chess with us.
(Maybe that's why he likes Fire Emblem so much)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That, or they've already made up a bunch of John Cena memes to go along with his reveal.

What if they confused Ken for incineroar, they're both mostly red.
If that's the case, I'm buying each of those insiders a pair of contact lenses.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
Just gonna say many of those people were verbally against ESRB and ESRB won in the end lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
i was speculating that they either saw gameplay or mural of him since liam and ryce both implied they seen physical evidence, but ryce made another comment that implied that what he meant by seen was a list of characters and their reveal dates
Yeah, that's what I got from Ryce's comment.

A list of reveal dates that's been very accurate until now.
Whoa, when was this
Yesterday.

Someone might be able to find the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom