• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Reminder to all you kids out there Phazon huffing is the cool thing to do and makes your main S tier

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
How many of you will try out EVERY single character, even if it’s in training mode? I know I will

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I just thought about something that somehow didn't occur to me before.

We haven't seen Mr. Resetti's AT again, right? So what if he's the one who ends up being Villager's Echo?

So on a scale of 1-100, how excited is everyone for the Direct tomorrow?
99, because I'm not sure when exactly I'll be eating supper by the time it airs.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How many of you will try out EVERY single character, even if it’s in training mode? I know I will
Assuming the next smash game's not coming out till much later and that it's probably going to be an even longer wait due to possibly being a reboot, I think it's very likely that out of sheer boredom, everyone's eventually gonna at least try every character.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Tomorrow: Last general Direct of the year.

November: Smash Direct.

December: Game Awards Reveal.

That's how I see the rest of the year going, wouldn't expect anything else. Savor this hype, y'all.
Do the game awards happen before the 7th though. I thought it was the 9th last year.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well my goal is to clear classic mode with everyone so definitely. Olimar and Rosalina probably will not be touched after that though as their specific play style is not for me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ew i can't believe you unironically said that
Yup, you're getting another YIKES from me
Something tells me you don't have the ability to tell when people on the internet are actually being ironic or not so I'll give you a pass

I am interested in doing that anyway. I pretty much like all the characters.
Of course, some more than others. :ultkrool::ultinkling: :ultkrool::ultinkling: :ultkrool::ultinkling: :ultkrool::ultinkling:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
What do you think ZSS smells like? You know, just for the laughs haha
What an odd thing to think about.
Ew i can't believe you unironically said that
Yup, you're getting another YIKES from me
Don't act like you were being ironic (or any less weird) when you literally just mentioned pondering the smell of ZSS. Hell, wondering what ANY piece of software smells like is inherently ridiculous considering they don't occupy physical space. Make it an attractive female design and the weirdness only shoots up.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, I really wanted to like Rosalina cause she's probably my fav of the princesses, but her playstyle just did not do it for me.

Hope this doesn't happen with some of the other newcomers

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, I really wanted to like Rosalina cause she's probably my fav of the princesses, but her playstyle just did not do it for me.

Hope this doesn't happen with some of the other newcomers
I feel that. I was excited for her but just can't be bothered with her. Daisy is my favorite princess though so... yay for me I guess.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Don't act like you were being ironic (or any less weird) when you literally just mentioned pondering the smell of ZSS. Hell, wondering what ANY piece of software smells like is inherently ridiculous considering they don't occupy physical space. Make it an attractive female design and the weirdness shoots up.
But what if she were real and had a smell tho?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well my goal is to clear classic mode with everyone so definitely. Olimar and Rosalina probably will not be touched after that though as their specific play style is not for me.
Speaking of, I hope Classic Mode feels more like 64/Melee. Neither were very long, but had enough alternate mini-games to feel interesting, despite the repetitive nature of it overall to some degree.

Brawl's might've been better if it actually had more variety with the teammates you could get, but it was way too long with only one type of mini-game instead. I mean, the idea was simple and made sense, but they should've kept Race to the Finish and had some easier way to grab Trophies, which was a pain in the butt due to Stickers being overwhelmingly among the tidbits to grab, to the point that trying to get a Trophy is actually difficult in comparison. Though forcing you to Trophify enemies didn't help either, but that was actually somewhat easier to a degree(some enemies not as much, but considering you could use Stickers to make it easier to get Trophy Stands... if I remember right, well...).

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, I just thought about something that somehow didn't occur to me before.

We haven't seen Mr. Resetti's AT again, right? So what if he's the one who ends up being Villager's Echo?

99, because I'm not sure when exactly I'll be eating supper by the time it airs.
If he uses Villager's axe and balloons, I don't think I could take him seriously. But now I kinda want to see it.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I do hope Isabelle would have alt costumes using her Spring and Fall uniforms. I was happy with the alt costumes in Smash 4 and even more so in Ultimate but I was really hoping for alts like Evil Ryu, Outset Toon Link, Mr L, Sporty Peach, etc.
I know right? There are so many obvious alternate costumes out there that haven't been used yet.

Sporty Peach won't work because she attacks with her dress. But Wedding Peach would. C'mon, Mario's got his wedding outfit. Let all three of them have it.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Nintendo of Japan “””””leaked”””””” the Nintendo direct date to be tomorrow at 6 PM EST but idk how reliable they are.
Hmmm seems sketchy to me. They haven't been very reliable in their leaks before like with the one from last week.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know right? There are so many obvious alternate costumes out there that haven't been used yet.

Sporty Peach won't work because she attacks with her dress. But Wedding Peach would. C'mon, Mario's got his wedding outfit. Let all three of them have it.
Maybe Sakurai & the development team are very comfortable with re-coloring the original costume of a character. I don't mind that, yet I still would like to see some varied alts. Anything that gets us :ultmegaman: without his helmet.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't think everyone's short tempered mole is going to have a bigger role than a background character at this point. Mr. Resetti has gotten a pretty bad rap lately by Nintendo. Because he made some girls cry you actually have to PAY for him to insult you in New Leaf. I think Nintendo wants to bury him because kids can't handle cartoon moles being mean in the most silly way ever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Say we got max 2 unique newcomers and 2 Echoes, who are you guys expecting?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think everyone's short tempered mole is going to have a bigger role than a background character at this point. Mr. Resetti has gotten a pretty bad rap lately by Nintendo. Because he made some girls cry you actually have to PAY for him to insult you in New Leaf. I think Nintendo wants to bury him because kids can't handle cartoon moles being mean in the most silly way ever.
Which is a real travesty, honestly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And to think people freaked out the second I mentioned a body part yesterday, yet you're bringing up body odour now? That Direct can't air soon enough.

At least have the sense of bringing up Earthbound's US ads...

Wouldn't be the first time I do this, wouldn't be the last.

Unfortunate, but at least Cranky, the OTHER Nintendo curmudgeon, has a chance of being in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom