• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I know I say this every time, but you reminded me how awesome Urbosa is, so...I'm hoping with you!
She could work as DLC. Probably the most popular Champion, right?
Urbosa and Mipha are definitely on top, but I know right away which one I'd prefer ;) I hear a bout Revali, but not as much. Daruk...is Daruk...

I just would really like to see all four get the same recognition though since they're all canonically equal (but I wouldn't object to Urbosa getting playable and not the rest). I think that it might be fun if DLC brought all four, even if they just ended up as frankensteins of other characters' movesets. I could also take a transformation moveset. That said, I'm hoping they at least get an assist trophy. One of the main reasons I'd like them to be a surprise Hyrule Warriors DLC is that I would like to see all of them in action.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just walked up to a bunch of people playing Smash Wii U.

Sat down and joined them.

Looked to my right and noticed one guy had his GameCube controller on a towel on the floor, and was playing with his toes.

College is strange.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why everyone thinks that Isabelle, Ken and Shadow are the most likely Echoes?
Apparently its not so much a 'belief' as its the fear that 'echo' status is the only way they have a chance of being included in the eyes of those that want them.

At least that was pretty much the answer I got like 400 pages back when I asked why people are so willing to accept their wanted character as an 'echo' rather than a unique character.

As to why that makes them the most likely; I dunno. Apparently those are the only 'notable' characters left that are would make easy echoes. Personally, I think metal Sonic would make an easier echo of Sonic than Shadow as Shadow is pretty different than Sonic when you get down to things. And Ken is pretty much Ryu 'player 2' and considered the first echo ever made. And Isabelle...I dunno...because she doesnt have anything else to actually make a moveset out of, so she has to be an echo; and sh's likely to be an echo because people who like Isabelle say so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorfendor

Smash Cadet
The most popular champion. Not your favorite ;) Granted, I'm guilty since, well, Urbosa's my favorite too.
I thought it to be kinda obvious Mipha was actually one of the less popular of the champs. She seems a bit controversial.

Assist would be awesome too.
Revali is the most popular in my experience.
Yeah I'm with you. I hear about him and Mipha waaaaay more than Urbosa.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, here we are again, it's alw- Ahem. Excuse me. Let me start over. Here we are again, where we were supposed to be last week. Gotta say, not sure who I think is being revealed. I'm gonna go long and say maybe Geno? I'm more than prepared to be wrong.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Brief sidenote:
It's really easy to tell when someone's trying to catch up with the thread because I get like 400 likes from the same people for like an hour on older posts

Just something funny I noticed

Anyway, carry on
...granted Urbosa's the best tho
You're damn right.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Say we got max 2 unique newcomers and 2 Echoes, who are you guys expecting?
For unique;

Skull Kid. (Rumours, and also because he'd be pretty awesome. Still missing as an AT.)
Geno. (Could happen, could be spared to the next one.)
Isaac. (Because of the teasing by Sakurai. Could be held off tho, but I believe has a legit good chance)

Echo;

Impa. (With Skull Kid perhaps)
Isabelle. (IF there is an Animal Crossing announcement tomorrow.)
Dixie Kong. (Dark Samus reveal in the next direct from Ridley, but for K. Rool)
Black Shadow. (Out there pick I just wish for)

I don't think it will be a Pokémon character. I believe that November is the usual Pokémon month of Nintendo, and that's when we get one. (In a specified direct for Pokémon) Could be wrong tho and it could happen and if that's the case;

Incineroar or Buzzwhole.
Incineroar because of his popularity, and because of "rumours."
Buzzwhole would be an interesting fit because of "Ultra Beast" representation. It's the most unique feature about Sun & Moon.
No Ultra Beast representation in any form or shape. Would represent Gen 7 the best of their unique feature.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
How would you guys react if just like with E3, Smash Ultimate takes over half of the direct.
Disappointed honestly. Ninty's E3 this year was lackluster because it mostly served as a vessel for just talking about Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think this part of Wang Chung Tonight is actually an accurate assessment of the Smash fanbase right now.

On the edge of oblivion (Hokkaido, Japan)
All the world is Babylon (this thread, as in babbling on)
All the love and ev'ryone
A ship of fools sailing on (Smashboards)

How would you guys react if just like with E3, Smash Ultimate takes over half of the direct.
It would become obvious to me that they mostly just care about indies right now.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I highly doubt Smash is gonna be much more than the Direct's "One more thing..." aside from maybe an Echo Fighter in the news cards.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The concept of Paper Mario being revealed tomorrow popped into my head. Y'all can you put me down and destroy this hope very quickly
Please remind me it is Isaac

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Can someone explain this? You know, that KO...
Which KO at which time stamp?

Edit: I’m stupid. It already had one.

Uhhhhh, uair from Ivysaur is dope?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How many new characters do you think will be revealed tomorrow? I'm thinking one or perhaps even two. If lucky maybe we'll even get an echo.

Iridium

Smash Hero
9/12/2018
Today's Fighter
#60: Ryu
Ryu is a special character—you can use directional command inputs to trigger his special moves. Executing moves like his Hadoken and Shoryuken using the command inputs from the original game will raise their power. You can even use a Shakunetsu Hadoken by inputting ←↙↘→ then tapping the attack button while facing right!

There's our description for :ultryu:.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
I love Smash, and I wouldn't feel too bad, but man
I like other games too, you know??
They were still able to show off Daemons x machina, three houses, Mario party and lets go. Nintendo knows how to cram content, but its how they present the games that matters the most.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, the two characters that I want in any kind of Smash game are Jack Frost and Flynn (or some other mainline SMT protagonist) from Shin Megami Tensei, but it's probably a long shot. But hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2-3 in all honesty.
In that case. My predictions.

Newcomers:
Isaac
Skull Kid

And if there is to be Echos.

Echos:
Shadow

Although if anything I still say they should hold off Isaac to prevent tasteless comments about how the earthquake predicted him.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They were still able to show off Daemons x machina, three houses, Mario party and lets go. Nintendo knows how to cram content, but its how they present the games that matters the most.
I'm saying I'd kinda wanna see more than just a few bits for certain games if they show up, but you right

Honestly if it's a half smash direct it'll still be pretty hype anyway so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom