• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't think everyone's short tempered mole is going to have a bigger role than a background character at this point. Mr. Resetti has gotten a pretty bad rap lately by Nintendo. Because he made some girls cry you actually have to PAY for him to insult you in New Leaf. I think Nintendo wants to bury him because kids can't handle cartoon moles being mean in the most silly way ever.
I've never heard about this. Any source you can share?

Edit: I looked it up, and I can say I've never seen anything more redundant than that.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Say we got max 2 unique newcomers and 2 Echoes, who are you guys expecting?
I'd expect Skull Kid and a Pokemon rep, then from there it's a toss up between Shadow, Isabelle, and Ken. As always there's the chance for a curveball, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hoping for Skull Kid, or Isaac for a reveal, and Impa for an echo
Yes! This is what we need at this given moment! Would be the best possible reveal for me. Then we only need Dixie and Banjo and there’s literally nothing I would ever ask for again in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping for a newcomer that's in the general speculation acceptance right now like Isaac or Bandanna Dee but a left field Echo character that wouldn't have been a ballot pick, just to spice up speculation some more.

*crosses fingers for Hilda and Roll*

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yo what if they kill off King K Rool in the next newcomer trailer

He'd really be a King K GHOUL HeheHA

I'm so sorry

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why everyone thinks that Isabelle, Ken and Shadow are the most likely Echoes?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
My excitement level is at 20/100.
We're finally getting a direct after last week but at what cost? All the complaining and entitlement claims here just made the wait a bummer.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Elma, but she’s lower tier than Zelda.

This is fine. At least people won’t complain about how she’s a ***** to fight against
You can still hate fighting a character even if they're low tier. Wi-Fi Zelda being my least favorite experience since getting chaingrabbed/infinite'd in Brawl.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Say we got max 2 unique newcomers and 2 Echoes, who are you guys expecting?
Incineroar is seeming like the most likely unique in my eyes, with Isabelle as the most likely echo. But I wouldn't say no to Skull Kid.

I really don't expect more than one character and possibly an echo, but they may surprise us with two trailers.

...sadness about how unlikely my most wanted are...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They’re popular/make too much sense.
So rarely does a man/woman/actual-Gardevoir-cosplaying-as-Hsein-ko-for-all-you-know have such a perfect reaction video handy.

We shouldn't fall into the trap of dismissing them for being to obvious though, things are obvious for a reason, obviously.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Incineroar is seeming like the most likely unique in my eyes, with Isabelle as the most likely echo. But I wouldn't say no to Skull Kid.

I really don't expect more than one character and possibly an echo, but they may surprise us with two trailers.

...sadness about how unlikely my most wanted are...
I know I say this every time, but you reminded me how awesome Urbosa is, so...I'm hoping with you!
She could work as DLC. Probably the most popular Champion, right?

Ah Birdo. The Mario character that isn't even a Mario character.

Kinda like Geno in a way.
Oh wait what?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know I say this every time, but you reminded me how awesome Urbosa is, so...I'm hoping with you!
Mipha would like a word with you.

I really would love a playable Champion but it's too hard to pick one.

I'd settle for them being one Assist Trophy. A really strong one which is a big old laser attack.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's amazing what one week can do to a Smash fan.
It's been--!
---
How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad.
Tryin' hard not to smile though I feel bad.
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral,
Don't understand what I mean? Well, you soon will.
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve,
I have a history of taking of my shirt.

Agumon for Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mipha would like a word with you.

I really would love a playable Champion but it's too hard to pick one.

I'd settle for them being one Assist Trophy. A really strong one which is a big old laser attack.
The most popular champion. Not your favorite ;) Granted, I'm guilty since, well, Urbosa's my favorite too.
I thought it to be kinda obvious Mipha was actually one of the less popular of the champs. She seems a bit controversial.

Assist would be awesome too.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Oh wait what?
Birdo is technically a character from Doki Doki Panic, the game that became western SMB2 because we were too weak and frail to handle the Lost Levels (the Japanese Mario Bros 2). She was never intended as a Mario character.

Similarly, Geno is a piece of intellectual property developed by Square Soft for a game they were developing, which just so happened to be an approved Mario game. Which is why they own the character and Nintendo doesn't.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The most popular champion. Not your favorite ;) Granted, I'm guilty since, well, Urbosa's my favorite too.
I thought it to be kinda obvious Mipha was actually one of the less popular of the champs. She seems a bit controversial.

Assist would be awesome too.
Revali is the most popular in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom