• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you guys have a debate about LGBTQ characters in Smash and forget about Corrin?

The first and only canonical LQBTQ character on the roster?

Both forms of Corrin are bisexual.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Your daily reminder that the King is in and this is the best game in the series.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Batman playable.
Granted, but he becomes too fun to play as that you will never choose any other characters ever again
Um, can I wish for the Chorus Kids on the base roster?
Also through Shantae in the wish there too, while I'm at it.
Granted, Chorus Kids are on the base roster, but as mii costumes.
As for Shantae, she gets in but in an ugly redesign that literally takes her whole character traits away.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y
You can wish for anything Smash related, but it'll be granted in a counterproductive way

Go ahead and make a wish.
I wish for Nagito Komaeda to be added to Smash.
Whenever he's on their team, G&W always gets 9s, Luigi always Misfires, and Peach only pulls Bob-ombs and Stitch Faces.
Also, Items will always spawn in conditions that favor Komaeda.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm still saying that a lock for the Direct will be only one newcomer, it makes the most sense, honestly. Back in the December 2013 Direct after the E3 Presentation, we finally got a newcomer, being Rosalina & Luma. The February 2014 Direct we had Little Mac in the beginning of the broadcast, and then afterwards shown the Duck Hunt trailer in the November 2014 Direct to give Smash one more push before release of the Wii U Version.

In regards to Smash content in general Nintendo Directs, there have always been only just one reveal, so that's what I'm feeling for tomorrow. Don't know who, but I'll be hype regardless.
Yeah but that was over the span of three directs. It was much more drawn out since the release of the game was so far away. This time we only have probably one Nintendo direct before the game comes out, so it's possible we could get more than one newcomer, unless they want to save the rest for the next smash direct

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Did you guys have a debate about LGBTQ characters in Smash and forget about Corrin?

The first and only canonical LQBTQ character on the roster?

Both forms of Corrin are bisexual.
No, I mentioned Corrin, but I don't think anybody was listening.

D

Deleted member

Your daily reminder that the King is in and this is the best game in the series.
The moment Crocodile Cacophony is in this game, Melee will be legalized as "NOT GOOD." Gotta give Melee the RED FLANNEL treatment.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not getting a Smash reveal would be a strange decision unless they have other content that could have the same impact as a reveal trailer somehow. It's about upcoming Switch titles and this is the biggest one to come. And they know characters sell this game.

I'd be veryyyyyy surprised if we didn't a newcomer.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Y

I wish for Nagito Komaeda to be added to Smash.
Whenever he's on their team, G&W always gets 9s, Luigi always Misfires, and Peach only pulls Bob-ombs and Stitch Faces.
Also, Items will always spawn in conditions that favor Komaeda.
Granted, but if you play as him your Switch heats up and dies
Good, then I can force you to beat yourself up and still not be good enough for tournament play

I win either way
Same as above, but instead of the Switch, it is YOU.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but that was over the span of three directs. It was much more drawn out since the release of the game was so far away. This time we only have probably one Nintendo direct before the game comes out, so it's possible we could get more than one newcomer, unless they want to save the rest for the next smash direct
This is true, but remember that there was that livestream to reveal Captain Falcon, Lucina and Robin. I can easily see Sakurai doing that again for October.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Can
Granted, but he becomes too fun to play as that you will never choose any other characters ever again

Granted, Chorus Kids are on the base roster, but as mii costumes.
As for Shantae, she gets in but in an ugly redesign that literally takes her whole character traits away.
Can I wish for Isabelle to be a semi-clone of Jigglypuff?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm still saying that a lock for the Direct will be only one newcomer, it makes the most sense, honestly. Back in the December 2013 Direct after the E3 Presentation, we finally got a newcomer, being Rosalina & Luma. The February 2014 Direct we had Little Mac in the beginning of the broadcast, and then afterwards shown the Duck Hunt trailer in the November 2014 Direct to give Smash one more push before release of the Wii U Version.

In regards to Smash content in general Nintendo Directs, there have always been only just one reveal, so that's what I'm feeling for tomorrow. Don't know who, but I'll be hype regardless.
But the smash directs for that game only had one newcomer too. Greninja and junior. The one we had for ultimate had 5. I'm not expecting that many characters from this but reveals clearly aren't being handled the same way as 4.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But the smash directs for that game only had one newcomer too. Greninja and junior. The one we had for ultimate had 5. I'm not expecting that many characters from this but reveals clearly aren't being handled the same way as 4.
Those directs also revealed that :4charizard::4sheik::4zss:were no longer transformations, :4yoshi:'s design, and :4mewtwo:would be DLC. There's no need for such a thing this time.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This is true, but remember that there was that livestream to reveal Captain Falcon, Lucina and Robin. I can easily see Sakurai doing that again for October.
Oh that's cool. I didn't know about that. I didn't really keep up with the news for smash 4. Lol

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The Direct is tomorrow? My disappointment is nonexistent and my day is saved.

I'll predict either Elma or Isaac.

Thank goodness it's coming. This thread was getting crazier than it already was.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We're probably getting a generic reveal akin to Robin/Lucina in October. Too soon for another Smash/Nintendo Direct.

Then again, I suppose they could just save everything for the last video presentation. Not what I'd want, but it's a possibility I won't ignore.

The drought has driven us crazy
It's amazing what one week can do to a Smash fan.

D

Deleted member

I feel like if we get two newcomers out of the blue in this Direct, it'd maybe hurt whatever October might have or even a possible Smash Direct in November. And we still don't know what Sakurai meant by a "few more" characters. It's totally possible we might not even get any Smash reveals this Direct.

I'm still banking on just one, to be safe. If we get two, totally fine by me.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Oh just wait a day. We'll be out of the... "drought", and then be right back into it 10 minutes later.
After all, people were literally saying that right after the 8.8 direct.
It's totally not like we didn't receive loads of info.
If that didn't hold people over, a character is definitely not going to be able to.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You can wish for anything Smash related, but it'll be granted in a counterproductive way

Go ahead and make a wish.
Alright, I'll bite.

I wish that Morrigan was a newcomer.

It's amazing what one week can do to a Smash fan.
I'm an odd person to begin with, so I'm immunized thankfully. Even other threads have started to get loony.

Chrono.

Oh just wait a day. We'll be out of the... "drought", and then be right back into it 10 minutes later.
Would help if we got some gameplay videos or something to pass the time.

We got two videos showcasing 2 of the new echoes and K.Rool. Would be neat to see the same for Simon and Richter.

Would also help if the blog (aside from new music) wasn't just a summary of:
- Stuff we've already seen
- Content already on the website itself

LetterO

Smash Lord
To be fair, the only reason we all got driven crazy over the direct is because we were so close to it, only for it to be indefinitely delayed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom