• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I think it looks like that because Ken and Isaac are supposed to be from the large full cast picture. They kinda match the style of it
Even if they do, that Shadow render is horrid. His forehead slant is way too straight. There is more of a curve. It looks like his brow bulges a mile from his forehead.

D

Deleted member

Wow, this looks like trash.

Ken looks especially derpy.
Isabelle looks like she's politely trying to tell someone to piss off.
Shadow needs to chill.
Skull Kid looks shook.

0/10 none of them are a photoshopped Little Mac.
7.8/10, no Gothitelle so it's fake.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So what would this Ayumi girl bring to the table other than a sailor girl outfit?
Well, from what her character support thread likes to suggest, an "accidental" investigative style where she accidentally hurts people while looking for clues.
See: Phoenix Wright in UMvC3

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Looks like I was mistaken with the Shadow render. Tried looking into it and no matches. Hm.

Edit: Alright, tip of the day. Don't scroll more than than and inch down when you're looking for Sonic Renders

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Skull kid is blurry because it’s the trophy pose from 4.
Shadow is too stylized, likely from one of the comics.
Isabelle is too easy to alter and create “new art”
Generic anime brunette created with hopes that all will assume it’s Ayumi.
Chorus kids can be drawn by anybody
Isaac is the most homemade looking of them all.
Ken, actually looks like a plausible render, though it’s likely a doctored Ryu.

This is sloppy. 0/10. Sakurai does not approve. Though seemingly realistic character choices.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I also love how Ow The Edge's render makes it look like he's saying "WTF did you just say to me!".

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It’s extremely hypocritical when people say Waluigi shouldn’t happen/doesn’t have support because he’s a meme when Ridley has literally been one for a near decade.
Just Saiyan.:p

In another note, if there’s any Zelda game that’s neglected in Smash, it’s gotta be Hyrule Warriors for me. (Unless it came out after 4)
The problem with calling any character a 'meme' is that oftentimes it's just a shorthand phrase for 'character who I don't like, but can't give a proper criticism of so I'll throw some in some lazy terminology to make my argument look better.' Characters can have memes associated with them, but generally a character is not a meme in and of themselves as the meme is often a response to their popularity rather then being the character's sole existence in discussion.

Ironically, you kind of fell into this trap yourself as Ridley is a perfect example of that. The "Too Big" meme came about not as a way to push the character, but rather as a result of the characters popularity and prominence as it started as an ironic joke. In fact, the phrase ended up being more associated with his detractors then it did his supporters as oftentimes it was used as a reason for why he couldn't be made playable, so the meme had a more negative connotation for the character then a supportive one, the opposite of what a 'meme' should be for the character. The meme is popular because Ridley is popular, Ridley didn't become popular because the meme was.

In short, the 'character x is a meme' comment is just another buzzphrase thrown about with little reason or thought, and honestly it comes off as pretty dismissive of the fans and why they like the character in question. If you don't like the character or some of the fans behind said character, that's fine, but if you feel that way voice that as a proper criticism, you're not going to be taken seriously just because you threw an internet term in your sentence.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
If the pics are real, I think some of them are taken from the banner art, and some of them from the actual game.

Namely, the pics of Isaac and Ken would probably be from the banner, but... even still, there's something... off about them.

Though all of them could be fake and I'd be making a big deal out of nothing.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
No offence, but that's not a leak. People use the word "leak" too liberally. It's a rumor, and a horrible one at that.

StormC

Smash Hero
You guys are desperate for leaks if you think this passes off for good in any way.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Isaac and Ken look like drawings rather than 3D renders and the images for Skull Kid and Isabelle don't like convincing at all. The other ones just look a bit off and not of the professional quality of Ultimate's renders.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
The Likely Fab Five*
I LIVE
As resident Queer Eye expert, I will now assert my expert opinion relating our smash Fab Five to the group of the same name from the hit Netflix reboot Queer Eye.

Fab Five.png

SKULL KID: This one is definitely Tan France, resident fashion expert. Both are impish and well-recieved by both die hards and casual fans. Also, have you seen Skull Kid's outfit? That stylish tunic. Those loafers. Those gloves. THAT GUCCI BELT AND MATCHING HAT?? She's giving me fierce. She's giving me mysterious. I am living for it!

ISAAC: I've picked Isaac to be Bobby Berk, home makeover extraordinare. In the show, Bobby is always redesigning the living space of the resident mess, and thusly has very little screen time. ALSO THUSLY, he comes across are boring and underdeveleloped. But he does THE!!! MOST!!! Also they're both blonde. So.

GENO: Ah. Geno. Truly the standout of the group. We love. We stan. Because he's a star, of course! You know who else is a star? JOHNATHAN VAN NESS, resident grooming expert. There's a reason Johnathan is in the center of all the group photos. Because he is the best. And so is geno.

INCINEROAR: Does this cat thing feel horny to anyone else? It feels like whatever person designed this pokemon was REALLY INTO IT. And you know what else everyone is really into? Food and "Wine"* expert Antoni Porowski. Seriously, the fans love this guy. And for good reason. He's hot as hell. And I guess Incineroar is too (fire comes out of his crotch. I mean come on.)

BANJO-KAZOOIE: You know who has their stuff together? Good ol' BK. And you know, so does Lifestyle Coach Karamo Brown. Karamo... does a lot in the show. He makes people cry. And wears bomber jackets. And stuff. Yeah,, they're (debatably) both bears. There's a bird too but like. Banjo's the real star.

Anyways, I want a few of these guys in more than others. Geno and Skull Kid both sound like they'd be fun to play and I love their styles. Isaac is... certanly there. Banjo is Banjo, who would undoubtedly be fairly hype in the west. And I don't want Incineroar (Sorry Antoni bby).

He's leaning towards assist trophy.

Ah, okay I see. I don't really agree with his points given though. Sure any Waddle Dee can use a Parasol which Bandana Dee has used from time to time but none of them besides Bandana Dee has used a Spear. And the argument that only Kirby fans would recognize him, the same could be said for King K. Rool for DK, Isaac for Golden Sun, and especially Geno for Super Mario RPG. So what's the difference between them and Bandana Dee?
BWD isn't a nostalgia pick, and has real relevance.

D

Deleted member

No offence, but that's not a leak. People use the word "leak" too liberally. It's a rumor, and a horrible one at that.
I know people are allergic to the world rumor, but they could at least put "leak" in several layers of quotation marks.

Or just call them rumors.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I LIVE
As resident Queer Eye expert, I will now assert my expert opinion relating our smash Fab Five to the group of the same name from the hit Netflix reboot Queer Eye.

View attachment 160425

SKULL KID: This one is definitely Tan France, resident fashion expert. Both are impish and well-recieved by both die hards and casual fans. Also, have you seen Skull Kid's outfit? That stylish tunic. Those loafers. Those gloves. THAT GUCCI BELT AND MATCHING HAT?? She's giving me fierce. She's giving me mysterious. I am living for it!

ISAAC: I've picked Isaac to be Bobby Berk, home makeover extraordinare. In the show, Bobby is always redesigning the living space of the resident mess, and thusly has very little screen time. ALSO THUSLY, he comes across are boring and underdeveleloped. But he does THE!!! MOST!!! Also they're both blonde. So.

GENO: Ah. Geno. Truly the standout of the group. We love. We stan. Because he's a star, of course! You know who else is a star? JOHNATHAN VAN NESS, resident grooming expert. There's a reason Johnathan is in the center of all the group photos. Because he is the best. And so is geno.

INCINEROAR: Does this cat thing feel horny to anyone else? It feels like whatever person designed this pokemon was REALLY INTO IT. And you know what else everyone is really into? Food and "Wine"* expert Antoni Porowski. Seriously, the fans love this guy. And for good reason. He's hot as hell. And I guess Incineroar is too (fire comes out of his crotch. I mean come on.)

BANJO-KAZOOIE: You know who has their stuff together? Good ol' BK. And you know, so does Lifestyle Coach Karamo Brown. Karamo... does a lot in the show. He makes people cry. And wears bomber jackets. And stuff. Yeah,, they're (debatably) both bears. There's a bird too but like. Banjo's the real star.

Anyways, I want a few of these guys in more than others. Geno and Skull Kid both sound like they'd be fun to play and I love their styles. Isaac is... certanly there. Banjo is Banjo, who would undoubtedly be fairly hype in the west. And I don't want Incineroar (Sorry Antoni bby).

*Looks at the first image and sees Kazooie on the right*

Hey look! Woody Woodpecker!

I also didn't know Incineroar could shoot fire from his crotch. Wow.

D

Deleted member

This is better than any leak or discussion you guys have brought up in recent memory. You guys are just not into leak culture lol

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Fake or not, could that be Matthew instead of Issac? Not familiar enough with the series.

I LIVE

View attachment 160425

I love everything about this post. Amazing job.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I honestly hope one or two of these characters gets confirmed soon because the same discussion about the same characters is getting pretty boring now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
She also looks nothing like that render at all. It's not even close.
Indeed.
For the people who don't have Tifa's appearance burned into their brain. This is what she looks like.

That render is meant to be either Ayumi or Agnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom