• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Just a heads up to future fake leakers, we don't have to prove your leak fake, you have to prove it's real.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The fact that all of these "renders" vary in quality and resolution tells me it's fake. It's possible some of them could be announced, but it seems more like someone's shot in the dark than an actual leak.
What does bother me is the third pic on the top right. Who's that supposed to be? My first thought jumped to Isaac, but the hair is brown, not yellow/gold, which confuses me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Who's the girl on the top left, by the way?
Most likely Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club. And, given Vergeben's reports, the question mark space is most likely the Gen 7 Pokemon (which is most likely Incineroar).

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here are my thoughts, ranked from most to least wanted.

1. A tie between Isaac and Geno. I think both are very likely. The only thing the two have going against them is that they are obscure characters, but Geno was wanted by even Sakurai, and Isaac is a fan wanted character. I'd be surprised if they were not in.

2. Banjo-Kazooie. I think he has a shot, but less so than the other characters of the Fab Five. I am not sure if I can even believe those predictions some have made will even turn out accurate, given for reasons like Microsoft owning Banjo-Kazooie and all.

3. Incineroar: Can't say I am a fan of him, but he does have a chance, and he does have his fans, and I will be happy for them if the wrestling fire cat gets into Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

4. Skull Kid: Never been much of a fan of him, so him getting in or not doesn't affect me. He still has a chance, but I wouldn't care much. Please don't hurt me.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Question for you all: Aside from what you personally think about Loz or Vergeben, out of the hundreds of rumors done, do you think we've seen (and ultimately passed) a truthful rumor (actual leak) from someone?

For example, lets say the Neogaf rumor was true, most of us have brushed it off at the moment. Does anyone feel that way about a specific rumor? I'm curious to see what people believe and don't believe

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This "leak" is the best thing that happened after the Direct! Bring back memories from the ESRB leak

Chrono.

The fact that all of these "renders" vary in quality and resolution tells me it's fake. It's possible some of them could be announced, but it seems more like someone's shot in the dark than an actual leak.
What does bother me is the third pic on the top right. Who's that supposed to be? My first thought jumped to Isaac, but the hair is brown, not yellow/gold, which confuses me.
It's definitely meant to be Isaac.

Even if the coloring is off, the hairdo's the same.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Question for you all: Aside from what you personally think about Loz or Vergeben, out of the hundreds of rumors done, do you think we've seen (and ultimately passed) a truthful rumor (actual leak) from someone?

For example, lets say the Neogaf rumor was true, most of us have brushed it off at the moment. Does anyone feel that way about a specific rumor? I'm curious to see what people believe and don't believe
With the output of leaks we have, there's gotta be one leak that got it right through the power of sheer luck.

But otherwise, who cares? None of the leaks ever have anything substantial or interesting to discuss so it's a moot point and we can go on about our daily lives.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Given Vergeben's reports about there being a second SE character on the roster, that brunette girl could also be Agnes Oblige from Bravely Default.
Well, yeah. That too. Can't say much on her since I don't know who she is. Someone care to enlighten me about her?

KMDP

Smash Legend
A tiny little part of me wants the Isaac render to be real, but just a super early render (since it looks really off, people think Zamus and Chrom's faces are bad, GEEZ.)

The rational part of me says: "Nope, fake; the 'leaker' is just awful at making renders".

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
PLOT TWIST

The Isaac render is actually an alternate color variation, taken from the VS load screen. OMG

But no, the backgroubd doesn't match with that

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Given Vergeben's reports about there being a second SE character on the roster, that brunette girl could also be Agnes Oblige from Bravely Default.
I doubt it. If you're gonna Bravely Default, using the CG models aesthetic is pretty weird.
Have you ever paid attention to the eyes?
Untitled.png

They're like the Mii eyes. It don't match up famalam.

the way they took a pic of skull kid render is funny cause its like a reaction pic

I think it's from his official Youtube channel. The video is 'Skullkid reacts to the Moon being an AT in Ultimate' :

'' WTF!? The moon is falling by itself now? All this trouble... for nothing... mumble mumble ''

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go to sleep right now so watch as I wake up to more images and miss the whole meltdown.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I doubt it. If you're gonna Bravely Default, using the CG models aesthetic is pretty weird.
Have you ever paid attention to the eyes?
View attachment 160431
They're like the Mii eyes. It don't match up famalam.
As I said, I only think its Agnes because Vergeben claims that there is a second Square Enix character on the roster, and it also features Isabelle and Ken, two other characters that he says are in.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go to sleep right now so watch as I wake up to more images and miss the whole meltdown.
Que gameplay of not!Ayumi and Shadow fighting Ganondorf and Charizard in a team battle on Yoshi's Island.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Indeed.
For the people who don't have Tifa's appearance burned into their brain. This is what she looks like.

That render is meant to be either Ayumi or Agnes.
Forgive me for looking really dumb but I just don't see it. I can see the hair looks differently between your image and the one we're discussing, but it doesn't look too crazy for it to be artistic differences given the shape and flow of the hair still looks preserved.

I can't see any other differences but I also didn't play FF7 so I'm literally just meeting this character now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As I said, I only think its Agnes because Vergeben claims that there is a second Square Enix character on the roster, and it also features Isabelle and Ken, two other characters that he says are in.
Consider the following:
GENO EXISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom