• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel like I take leaks more seriously if I can at least tell who all the characters are supposed to be.
It's really clever honestly.
You can't debunk a character if you don't even know what the character is supposed to be.

D

Deleted member

Is this “leak” the real deal? Or will our heroes discover a surprising secret and save the internet from lies?

Stay tuned for the next 10 minutes on SmashboardLeakZ!
(Episode 2,456,765)
Ugh, they added a 3rd Vergeben and a 3rd Loz to the roster? Where's CEO demo man?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Thanks! I hate it.

1. Anime Face 2: Electric Boogaloo. At least this feminine-looking character is actually a girl.
2. A literal stick-figure level illustration proves jack, I also don't like Chorus Kids as a RH rep.
3. Jesus, why? It's Golden Sun, give the boy some Golden hair. Also, it could just not be Isaac and then I'd be surprised that I didn't know them.
4. Illustration, not a render. Ken's pretty likely though as an Echo though ngl.
5. Phone camera image of a pre-existing render.
6. I don't think the portraits show this much personality.
7. Phone camera image of a pre-existing render.
8. We hit the peak of Ultimate newcomers twice now, I'm not excited for some "last reveal surprise".

Still better than 95% of what comes through this thread when it comes to Echoes and leaks though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say that. Smash Ultimate's Ivysaur looks much more like the render from the ssb4 trophy than its brawl model. The models may have been reused.
I mean, I guess it's possible, but even echo fighters with AT models (Dark Samus) have been entirely revamped in game.

Though for arguments sake, Chrom looks like a smash 4 character, not a smash 5 one (he's basically the same render from robins ult.)

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I wouldn't say that. Smash Ultimate's Ivysaur looks much more like the render from the ssb4 trophy than its brawl model. The models may have been reused.
Okay, Chorus Kids would not have a white background and look like simple lightless paper. They would have some shading. Even Game and Watch has shading and a reflective sheen. Isabelle looks straight off a 3DS. Shadow’s face is so misproportioned only a comic could love it.

They just aren’t fitting the uniform style we know is uniform for the rest of the roster.

I like taking a deep look at leaks when nothing strikes out as obvious, but maaaannnnnnn.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben commented on this?
No. Vergeben has said before that Square Enix is getting a second rep. Since the question mark spot is most likely the Gen 7 Pokemon, the girl is the only one who can fit the bill of being a Square Enix character.

D

Deleted member

If ya'll keep talking about the renders being preexisting, at least provide pics

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
With the exception of the first girl, those renders are ugly as sin and look completely out of place next to what we have seen. Character #3 especially looks awful, and Isabelle doesn’t even look like a 3D model.

I’ve been wrong about these things before, but I feel fairly confident this is fake. I can’t prove it, but I don’t see how you could look at these, look at the official renders we’ve got, and say “yeah that could go together”.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's apparently the girl from Bravely Default
It's either one of these:
1. Tifa
2. Agnes
3. Ayumi
4. That chick from Fatal Frame whose name I always forget I think it's Miku or something idk

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
With the exception of the first girl, those renders are ugly as sin and look completely out of place next to what we have seen. Character #3 especially looks awful, and Isabelle doesn’t even look like a 3D model.

I’ve been wrong about these things before, but I feel fairly confident this is fake. I can’t prove it, but I don’t see how you could look at these, look at the official renders we’ve got, and say “yeah that could go together”.
They could look better in the actual game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>tries googling “Isabelle official art”

>gets weird kinky fanart a few spaces down

Anyone wanna brave Google for cross referencing the Isabelle model first...?

LetterO

Smash Lord
The leak should already be fake based on the fact that if the girl IS someone from Bravely Default or Tifa, then the question is why the hell Sakurai chose them instead of Geno.

D

Deleted member

If everyone keeps saying it's fake then it must be real, right? If this ends up being our ESRB I'm gonna change my avi to the Isabelle render

blazefan519

Smash Ace
>tries googling “Isabelle official art”

>gets weird kinky fanart a few spaces down

Anyone wanna brave Google for cross referencing the Isabelle model first...?
Nope. Already tried with Shadow and I'm not going through that pain again.
The leak should already be fake based on the fact that if the girl IS someone from Bravely Default or Tifa, then the question is why the hell Sakurai chose them instead of Geno.
Because Square is stingy as ****

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Fatal Frame would be interesting, Koei doesn't have a rep at the moment, and the only other characters I could think of that'd fit would be Ryu or Lu Bu.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
He might have seen unique moveset potential in Agnes.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Very interesting.

That's probably Ayumi Tachibana.
I doubt a team of professionals will make her look like THAT (although Sakurai did mention her 4 years ago, which is a lot closer than 17).

(Picture for Reference)
0B88EF50-3D6B-4387-8EF2-1B1DEB5867E8.png

The hair was the biggest giveaway, it’s looks more bowl is a lot shorter with no ponytail, not to mention her face is completely different with slanted smaller eyes, and rounder face.

It’s most likely someone else.
——————————————————
Anyways the Skull Kid and Isabelle Images are literally ripped from other renders or are just bad, most of them are actually, so it’s fake.

However, the Isaac render does look cleaner and more Smash suitable, although he has brown hair, it looks interesting.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Surprised Geno isn’t there, but other than that it has all the characters I predicted plus Chorus kids and Agnes.
Tbh i’d love to finally play as Chorus Kids. That gematsu leak way back when had me expecting them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah I don’t think it’s any of the Fatal Frame girls, NONE of them look like that

Source: I’m a dedicated Fatal Frame fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom