• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Give me some Agnes Oblige! I need to hear UNNACEPTABLE every two seconds

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Oh a new rumor.
h.
Well. I don't hate it.

Isabelle would probably be my favorite out of this group, because I love that funky little dog. Shadow, Skull Kid, Ken, all fairly "okay" choices. Isaac is... Isaac. Maybe. Rythym Heaven might be a fun playstyle, but I hate to see them getting in over the Dee. And anime is anime. I don't hate neither Ayumi nor Agnes' design. Not the worst, but I think playstyle would really define them for me. I doubt good ol ? is anyone I care about. So it's probably Incineroar, or Banjo, or maybe Geno. Or someone completely out of the blue! This would still be an amazing roster, nevertheless. And I seriously doubt BWD would be an AT, considering Kawasaki exists, so that frees him up for DLC status.

Worst-Case Scenario: the question mark is Waluigi and everyone's day is ruined.
Best-Case: It's a stand in for many more characters (including BWD) and everyone is generally happy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IF we get ANYONE from Bravely Default it's got to be Ringabel

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Consider the following:
GENO EXISTS
Geno is nowhere to be found among the pics, and there is only one question mark spot, which is most likely for the Gen 7 Pokemon. Meanwhile, there's this brunette girl who looks suspiciously like Agnes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is nowhere to be found among the pics, and there is only one question mark spot, which is most likely for the Gen 7 Pokemon. Meanwhile, there's this brunette girl who looks suspiciously like Agnes.
Neither the eyes or the hair style look like Agnes

KMDP

Smash Legend
Forgive me for looking really dumb but I just don't see it. I can see the hair looks differently between your image and the one we're discussing, but it doesn't look too crazy for it to be artistic differences given the shape and flow of the hair still looks preserved.

I can't see any other differences but I also didn't play FF7 so I'm literally just meeting this character now.
A big point of contention is the eye colour.

That girl in the image has grey or lilac eyes.

Tifa has red/brown eyes.

Not to mention that, considering how Cloud looks in Smash, Tifa would probably look near identical to that render I posted (which is an official render by Square Enix).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How many Ringabel's are there in Bravely Default?

How many Agnes is there?

Ringabel is more important.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And it suspiciously looks like 3 other girls, so what? Did the fake leak in question ever say "yeah this is the entire roster fam" or did he just drop pictures?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And it suspiciously looks like 3 other girls, so what? Did the fake leak in question ever say "yeah this is the entire roster fam" or did he just drop pictures?
Given Sakurai's own comments as well as Vergeben's, this is most likely the full roster.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I really do hope that person Mimique retweeted is right and that there is a real, general Direct next week.

The fervor has been there for the past couple of weeks. They've gotten indies and mobile games out of the way. It does feel about time for another one.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A big point of contention is the eye colour.

That girl in the image has grey or lilac eyes.

Tifa has red/brown eyes.

Not to mention that, considering how Cloud looks in Smash, Tifa would probably look near identical to that render I posted (which is an official render by Square Enix).
I can sort of see the eyes looking grey/brown to me, and given the blurry effect on the image, it's possible the color in the render isn't exact.

That said I have no idea who this could be if it isn't Tifa because it's not Agnes and it would be a strange overhaul for Ayumi. I don't know who this otherwise generic anime girl is supposed to be.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Given Sakurai's own comments as well as Vergeben's, this is most likely the full roster.
You really shouldn't put so much value into leaks. Verge didn't say anything about Chrom, Richter, Dark Samus, King K. Rool or whether or not Isabelle would be an Echo. So it's very clear that he doesn't know the whole entire roster, what are you even basing this on?

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes Issac's hair fluctuates between golden boy blonde and light brown. It's a bit inconsistent.

Also, someone better at art stuff can probably correct me, but that Skull Kid pic doesn't really look all that similar to anything. At first glance, you can pass it off as just the Smash 4 trophy, but even by rotating the trophy pic, the angle at which the mask is at, as well as the direction the eyes are facing don't match. There are other things too, such details of the mask in this "leaked" pic being thinner or wider, the horns on the mask looking thinner, and some different colors being used or blended differently.

Again, the varying art styles might be because some are taken from the game, and some from the banner. I also can't find any correlating images for any of these pictures. (The Skull Kid Smash 4 trophy is the closest I got, but even that's got some inconsistencies that I explain above).

The only thing that knocks this down is each of the pics having varying resolutions. If they were real, perhaps whoever took them was in a rush? Anxious because they know the danger of Nintendo's ninjas? Or it could be a hoax, and whoever made this is just a fairly good artist.

For the record, I'm not saying these are real. However, it would be wise to keep a tab on these pics just in case.

Last edited:

Starbound

I really do hope that person Mimique retweeted is right and that there is a real, general Direct next week.

The fervor has been there for the past couple of weeks.
Given that we just had Nindies yesterday and have mobile Dragon game direct in 45 minutes, I doubt we're getting a direct next week.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sometimes Issac's hair fluctuates between golden boy blonde and light brown. It's a bit inconsistent.

Also, someone better at art stuff can probably correct me, but that Skull Kid pic doesn't really look all that familiar At first glance, you can pass if off as just the Smash 4 trophy, but even by rotating the trophy pic, the angle at which the mask is at, as well as the direction the eyes are facing don't match. There are other things too, such details of the mask in this "leaked" pic being thinner or wider, the horns on the mask looking thinner, and some different colors being used or blended differently.

Again, the varying art styles might be because some are taken from the game, and some from the banner. I also can't find any correlating pictures for any of these pictures. (The Skull Kid Smash 4 trophy is the closest I got, but even that's got some inconsistencies that I explain above).

The only thing that knocks this down is each of the pics having varying resolutions. If they were real, perhaps whoever took them was in a rush? Anxious because they know the danger of Nintendo's ninjas? Or it could be a hoax, and whoever made this is just a fairly good artist.

For the record, I'm not saying these are real. However, it would be wise to keep a tab on these pics just in case.
People had similar inconsistencies about the ESRB Leak roster, from Mr Game & Watch's hand going into Wario's square to Shulk being a photoshopped Little Mac. I do not believe that the leak is real. I'm just saying possibilities.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People had similar inconsistencies about the ESRB Leak roster, from Mr Game & Watch's hand going into Wario's square to Shulk being a photoshopped Little Mac. I do not believe that the leak is real. I'm just saying possibilities.
At least the ESRB leak, back when it was in speculations, the renders didn't look flat or off as hell. Just look at Shadow, things are awfully wrong there.

I think renders have gotten to the point of where there's being so much detail put into them you are gonna have a hard time replicating them unless you're like the Meteos leak which actually did a decent job at using the simplicity of the character to its advantage.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I remember a couple weeks back there was a """leak""" featuring Silvally and Geno.
No one could find the Silvally render so everyone thought it was real, but then they found what Geno was based on.

No one wants to factor in that the images could be edited or based on something totally unrelated to the picture either.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Probably the worst fake leak I've seen yet… Skull kid is clearly his AT model from Smash 4. If the third one is isaac i gotta say one thing… HE IS BLONDE, NOT BROWN HAIRED. Anyways it looks like someone made a smashified version of his face just to make this leak (doesn't take that long to make, trust me). Ken looks like artwork as well, lmao the blurr on half of his face then his mouth is completely sharped down. All in all, as a graphic designer and artist myself, those pictures made my eyes hurt to the point they laughed, yes, my eyes LAUGHED, go figure that one out, lol.

D

Deleted member

Literal Who doesn’t even look like that.

I knew we'd be getting a Universal Rep because of Nintendo's theme park crud, but I thought Sakurai would pick Shrek or Vin Diesel. Ah well, I guess it makes sense. He must've wanted content from the Konami Grinch game.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I can sort of see the eyes looking grey/brown to me, and given the blurry effect on the image, it's possible the color in the render isn't exact.

That said I have no idea who this could be if it isn't Tifa because it's not Agnes and it would be a strange overhaul for Ayumi. I don't know who this otherwise generic anime girl is supposed to be.
Tifa's eyes are pretty vivid in their colour (which I guess would be Maroon), those eyes are super pale.

Tifa's eyes are This colour, that girl in the render's eyes are This colour.

If that's Tifa, she's horrendously off model.

Last edited:

Starbound

Almost as if they read them and tried to make themselves look legit.
If he wanted to make them look more legit, he should've included Incineroar, as Loz did post a PM from Vergeben earlier this month saying that one of his sources said Incineroar.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I remember a couple weeks back there was a """leak""" featuring Silvally and Geno.
No one could find the Silvally render so everyone thought it was real, but then they found what Geno was based on.

No one wants to factor in that the images could be edited or based on something totally unrelated to the picture either.
This leak is definitely debunked though, the Skull Kid pic is CLEARLY the smash 4 trophy.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Next week, probably not.

Mid September? Way more plausible.
Yeah if we follow a similar pattern to last year, mid september is the most possible (last year it was the 13th i think) unless nintendo surprises us for some reason being earlier this time for whatever reason they could have...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I feel like I take leaks more seriously if I can at least tell who all the characters are supposed to be.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

More retro characters does mean more retro tracks, and hell this thing is a banger.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Is this “leak” the real deal? Or will our heroes discover a surprising secret and save the internet from lies?

Stay tuned for the next 10 minutes on SmashboardLeakZ!
(Episode 2,456,765)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom