• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Instead of obsessing over >Stenee why not discuss some of the other stuff in the text rumor? I thought the Ridley moveset concept was novel. The concept of emphasizing air vs ground durability seems like a Sakurai way of working with Ridley's size. Also, teddy bear and clone cherries would make for fantastic items.

?????????????

Smash Master
Shouldn’t Waluigi’s personality be the basis of a Waluigi moveset, not the usage of sporting equipment? He’d have to reference tennis at least, but still. That’s how I see it, anyway.
After all, a character should be picked based on having things only they can do, and every Mario character can do sports (and every character in Smash can do stuff like swing the Home-Run Bat and launch a Soccer Ball,) but no other character shares his mannerisms.
I think it IS really fitting, actually. Unlike every other Mario character, Waluigi was specifically MADE for the sports games. He was invented in Mario Tennis.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I’ve got it.

Waluigi’s recovery move is called the “Purple Propeller.” It’s a foil to Luigi’s “Green Missile.”

Waluigi flips upside-down and extends his legs outwards, then he spins around rapidly in a breakdancing motion, allowing him to fly as a helicopter.

...So it’s basically Spinning Bird Kick.
His recovery needs to be this:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
From the same thread as the earlier leak:
Oh boy a blurry screenshot!
The timer up top is the same format as Smash 4's, I doubt they'd recycle it tbh. I know that's nitpicky, but I don't think they've retained something like that between any games in the past.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Honestly. I hope this game has a visual style of its own.
Every smash game has looked visually different so I hope this one sticks with the "epic and ominous" feel that the trailer gave it.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
While I don't want to dismiss anything because it seems implausible, the supposed leaker of the Steenee leak seems to be trying really hard to convince everyone they know nothing about Pokémon. They looked up Steenee, but didn't bother to check and see if Bounsweet was its pre-evolution? It's suspect.

If this is true, I hope "Athlete" isn't as bland as it sounds...
From how they describe him, it just sounds like a legal Mii Fighter.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I think it IS really fitting, actually. Unlike every other Mario character, Waluigi was specifically MADE for the sports games. He was invented in Mario Tennis.
That is true, that angle makes sense as well. Personally, though, for that idea, the sporting equipment itself should not be the focal point, but rather, the distinctive way in which he uses it, which is what would set it apart from “Athlete” and Peach Fsmash.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Regarding the Bewear and Steve thing, the artist replied to a comment saying the following:

"Bewear is a popular character from Sun and Moon, so it's possible! It's fun to see which Pokemon will compete!" (Translated.)

He responded as such, but I can't translate it. It's something about
"そうですよね!期待して参戦発表待ちます!!"
The first part says "That's right!" But I can't quite tell what the second part says. The closest I can come is "My expectation/hope is for an announcement of inclusion! I will wait!" but my Japanese isn't great. Can anyone help me with that?

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me it'll be cross between Brawl and Smash 4.
I hope thats the case.
I actually really like Smash 3DS's inky and paint look. I think smash Wii U is actually the most boring smash game visually.
I hope that there is some spice to the models like brawl and melee had.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Why Steena when you have Tsareena? Steena is still cool though. :)
I guess besides it's prominence in the anime, it's a Hatsune Miku looking pokemon with magical girl flair that offers a more cutesy vibe compared to the these-boots-are-made-for-walking dominatrix Tsareena that's pretty much 95% leg.
Of course this is all just guessing, Steenee actually making it in over multiple other pokemon is unlikely at best.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know if anyone noticed this yet, but it’s already been confirmed that “For Fun” and “For Glory” are returning to Smash Switch, and that new leak omits both of those in it’s descriptions of the modes, mentioning only time and stocks instead.

It’s probably fake anyways, but it’s just something I noticed.

Edit: This may not be entirely correct. The “confirmation” I was referring to (the Smash E3 registration) is actually somewhat ambiguous in it’s description of the experience. For Glory and For Fun may not be actual modes in Smash Switch, instead referring to pre-made setups for E3. Although it’s worth noting that still differs from the new leak.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
All these “leaks” used to be a fun distraction to waste time, but I’m honestly kind of sick of them now. I just want to get to the Direct already.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
All these “leaks” used to be a fun distraction to waste time, but I’m honestly kind of sick of them now. I just want to get to the Direct already.
Same honestly.
The wait is killing me. Palucord and I are going to all group chat and stream it so I cant wait for the direct since its going to feel more like a group thing than just me screaming alone lol

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Is that Steenee?! :crazy:
It's over...There's even a picture with Link shooting his arrow to the ground.
We got Steened. I'll try to sleep but I don't know If I can.

Probably,if there's a newcomer from Dk will be Wrinkly Kong. When she takes 100% she actually dies and you play as her ghost until be normally KO'ed.

There's also Slippy Toad from Star Fox and Alfonse from Fire Emblem. They splitted Wii Fit Trainer male and female into two figthers. From Mother they upgraded Jeff. From Zelda we will receive Groose, and from Mario Kamek.
It was in our faces all this time.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

We already know Adeleine will be next, so why do they not reveal her yet?

Will they reveal her at E3? Will she be in Smash instead of Bandana Dee?

Adeleine would make me more salty than Steenee riding a Robobot Armor.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Will they reveal her at E3?
Probably, considering her reveal was delayed. She's popular, and HAL knows it.
Will she be in Smash instead of Bandana Dee?
I don't think any of the Dream Friends were considered for the base roster. Star Allies DLC came way too late to make an impact for the base game, and even if it did, it would benefit Rick / Kine / Coo / Gooey / Marx / Dark Meta Knight / Daroach / Magolor / Taranza / Susie just the same amount. A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say.

Even on her own merit, she hasn't really done anything worthwhile in two decades. Putting her in would be pretty weird, over pretty much anyone else with more relevance or importance to the Kirby series, and I'm saying this as someone who would rather have her over Bandana Dee.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I hope it's fake. Why does Steenee not have her picture and series symbol and percentage on the bottom of the screen like Link does?
You can see what might be the top of its symbol and pic way over to the right of the pic (P1 and P2’s GUI’s aren’t usually that far apart, are they?)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Steenee, Robo mech driving kirby as his own seperate character, "athlete" aka wii fit trainer 2.0.

This leak cant be real, we are just desperate in the final hours here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She does. Port 4, you can barely see it.
And that's the thing, the angle is just right so you can barely tell more than that. This is a perfect way to make it look real enough so people can't easily debunk it. I'm still calling fake, mind you. But releasing hard to debunk "evidence" doesn't help.

Oh, wait, the angle means Steenee's picture would clearly be visible. Never mind, obvious fake from the picture lacking what should be there alone.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"athlete" aka wii fit trainer 2.0.
And I wanted Track Meet, the track and field athlete from World Class Track Meet, to be Wii Fit Trainer 2.0, and he would represent the NES Power Pad. :skull:

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
The guy who posted the original rumor says he didn't post that image. My guess is that someone whipped it up in five minutes and posted it as a joke at the OP's expense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The guy who posted the original rumor says he didn't post that image. My guess is that someone whipped it up in five minutes and posted it as a joke at the OP's expense.
Well, that means one fake image and a leak that isn't debunked then. Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom