• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
I can already smell the trash tier diddy rage. Just 2 days more (in case you live in UTC-7hrs Arizona)!

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
While I don't want to dismiss anything because it seems implausible, the supposed leaker of the Steenee leak seems to be trying really hard to convince everyone they know nothing about Pokémon. They looked up Steenee, but didn't bother to check and see if Bounsweet was its pre-evolution? It's suspect.

If this is true, I hope "Athlete" isn't as bland as it sounds...

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
The worst part about E3 is that we're going to be seeing a lot of Assist Trophies and Pokeball Pokemon. Both characters new and old being pinned to roles of non-playable hell.
It'll be the great Deconfirmation Massacre of E3 2018.

D

Deleted member

I am sorry, but Steenee is not coming to Smash Bros.
Way better Gen 7 options than Steenee.
Sorry, I had to say it.
'Cant Tuesday come faster?

I'm really not buying this ""leak"", even when taking account the ESRB one, it just seem to try too hard to look legit.

Also, is the swearing in it here to make it look more legit? Because it make it even harder to take seriously imo.
I am anticipating Tuesday too, Malos.
The worst part about E3 is that we're going to be seeing a lot of Assist Trophies and Pokeball Pokemon. Both characters new and old being pinned to roles of non-playable hell.
But new characters could be confirmed as fighters that you dreamed of!
It is good to be optimistic. ;)

And... I am off. Goodnight!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
PeridotGX made a thread specifically to list all the disconfirmations

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Every single one of you that insulted Steenee are gonna catch these hands. Meet me outside.

Look at this ****, she's a queen who deserves respect and NONE of your masc Pokemon could ever compare.
Fun fact, the attack she does in the gif is literally ripped right from a magical girl anime.
This gif alone makes me kinda want her. I honestly dislike the idea of the Robobot Armor more than Steenee, mainly because I'm an eternal Bandana Dee supporter.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I have to give them some credit just for making us discuss a Pokémon we wouldn’t even have considered mentioning otherwise. It’s refreshing...

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to avoid Smashboards and Gamefaqs tomorow just in case there are possible leaks(Highly doubt it though). I'm predicting that all of the Vergeben characters will be shown, I also think that they will show Mario, but thats it. Okay goodbye guys <3

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m bored so I’ll ask this.
What veteran do you want to get Bowserfied? :4bowser:

Upgrade in design being more faithful to games and overall having a more fun and versatile fighting style.

Besides Ganondorf, because that’s too obvious and easy of an answer.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steenee is actually a pretty prominent Pokemon in the anime, being Mallow's partner and all. Tsareena doesn't have any majorly good reason to be chosen over it.

That said? I don't believe this leak at all and there's way more prominent Pokemon than Steenee as well.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
This rumor is so stupid and unbelievable that it's actually made me tired. Goodnight, hope this dies by the time I wake up lol

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Upgrade in design being more faithful to games and overall having a more fun and versatile fighting style.

Bowserfied is basically Yoshified because that's what happened to Yoshi. Everyone forgets that...

Anti-Yoshi bias is real

?????????????

Smash Master

Donkey Kong.

He’s a lot BETTER in 4, but...I dunno. I never understood why he started headbutting things.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Here's my dream trailer for e3:
Mario and Link are fighting Bowser and Ganondorf.
Then they get help from Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu and Fox.
Bowser and Ganondorf are struggling againest the increased number of heroes until then....
Ridley sizes up the Competition!
King K. Rool goes Bananas!
Mimikyu steps into the Spotlight!
Wolf can't let you do that!

Then it goes to gameplay and shows all of them beating up the heroes and winning

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Luigi honestly. I mean, he was a clone in the original so I guess it made sense back then to have attacks similar to Mario, but nowadays even with his differences his playstyle just seems... off.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Part of my excitement for smash 5 is honestly seeing who the new top players will be.
I know no one else has discussed this but Im honestly excited to see where the meta goes and who comes up and goes down

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Bowserfied is basically Yoshified because that's what happened to Yoshi. Everyone forgets that...

Anti-Yoshi bias is real
blame sakurai, he didn’t make yoshi’s overhaul as big as a deal in brawl like he did for bowser in 4.:p

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

Shulk personally is probably tops for me, followed by Zelda and Samus

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I mean I think it's more likely that the guy who drew it just likes Minecraft and Bewear

Even though Bewear would absolutely be amazing
It was clearly due to Smash, but that doesn't mean anything. He could easily just be drawing a Pokemon that he likes paired with a newcomer that he and his colleagues/people online were discussing. In fact, if he has any involvement in the game (promotional art, etc.) I'd take it as confirmation that neither of them were in because I doubt he'd break his NDA.
Thank you. That's a very fair point.

What if he doesn't have involvement in the game, but heard information from someone who is? How plausible is that?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Shulk personally is probably tops for me, followed by Zelda and Samus
I think Shulk just needs less frames on his attacks. That's it. He doesn't need a major rehaul or anything like that.

Part of my excitement for smash 5 is honestly seeing who the new top players will be.
I know no one else has discussed this but Im honestly excited to see where the meta goes and who comes up and goes down
Zero will win a tournament with trash-tier Diddy Kong. Calling it now.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
My worry with “Athlete” is that it’s moveset will be exactly what I envisioned for Waluigi.
Shouldn’t Waluigi’s personality be the basis of a Waluigi moveset, not the usage of sporting equipment? He’d have to reference tennis at least, but still. That’s how I see it, anyway.
After all, a character should be picked based on having things only they can do, and every Mario character can do sports (and every character in Smash can do stuff like swing the Home-Run Bat and launch a Soccer Ball,) but no other character shares his mannerisms.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Im biased but Id love to see Dark Pits moveset decloned from Pits and make him more aggressive and sloppy in his fight style. In smash 4 he fights too clean imo.
Palu is mostly okay to be totally honest.

?????????????

Smash Master
I’ve got it.

Waluigi’s recovery move is called the “Purple Propeller.” It’s a foil to Luigi’s “Green Missile.”

Waluigi flips upside-down and extends his legs outwards, then he spins around rapidly in a breakdancing motion, allowing him to fly as a helicopter.

...So it’s basically Spinning Bird Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom