• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I'm coming from a perspective of someone who has intense character loyalty (:yoshi:) but I have to ask.

How many people will actually play as Ridley when this game comes out, or at least stick to him?
If he's interesting enough, I'll play him. Despite my indifference, it's very possible that if he makes it in and he's interesting enough, I'd develop a liking to him as I have for Marth, ZSS, and Corrin.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Why did we dismiss that Bewear/Steve concept art stuff from earlier?

Like, I can't think of a plausible explanation other than Smash stuff. In what possible scenario would Bewear and Steve from Minecraft interact other than the most ambitious video game crossover in history?
I mean I think it's more likely that the guy who drew it just likes Minecraft and Bewear

Even though Bewear would absolutely be amazing

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Why did we dismiss that Bewear/Steve concept art stuff from earlier?

Like, I can't think of a plausible explanation other than Smash stuff. In what possible scenario would Bewear and Steve from Minecraft interact other than the most ambitious video game crossover in history?
It was clearly due to Smash, but that doesn't mean anything. He could easily just be drawing a Pokemon that he likes paired with a newcomer that he and his colleagues/people online were discussing. In fact, if he has any involvement in the game (promotional art, etc.) I'd take it as confirmation that neither of them were in because I doubt he'd break his NDA.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm coming from a perspective of someone who has intense character loyalty (:yoshi:) but I have to ask.

How many people will actually play as Ridley when this game comes out, or at least stick to him?
I wouldn't care how bad he is or how hard he'd be to learn, he'd be my new main, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I've waited far too long for him to be a playable character and I'll enjoy every minute playing him.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I think it probably depends on how Ridley plays. If he looks appealing and unlike any other fighter so far, I might give him a go and see how far that lasts. If I find enjoyment in playing as him, I think I might main him, then if not, I'll just get a kick out of finally being able to play as Ridley at all.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Okay, but if you going to make a leak to troll people and you wanted it to be taken seriously, why would you include Steenee and Robobot Kirby? No one would.
Why would you say R.O.B. is in the game when he's already confirmed a story mode NPC? No one would...unless it's real.

But I'll hold off defending this rumor for now. I was vehemently convinced Shulk was Little Mac, and I don't want to be burned again lol

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Okay, but if you going to make a leak to troll people and you wanted it to be taken seriously, why would you include Steenee and Robobot Kirby? No one would.
Why would you say R.O.B. is in the game when he's already confirmed a story mode NPC? No one would...unless it's real.

But I'll hold off defending this rumor for now. I was vehemently convinced Shulk was Little Mac, and I don't want to be burned again lol
You know Shulk was actually photoshopped from Little Mac to make the ESRB leak less believable.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
the Bewear/Steve photo scares me a bit. I recall years ago that BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 shared a photo with Dark Pit and Charizard figures and I was afraid that Dark Pit was going to get in the game...which he did

I can see this happening now

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman

Well let's think about the imgur rumor and this one. Both contain choices that no sane person would add to a "leak" and they can't both be true. People have caught on that they need to add some really bad/weird choices to a rumor if they want people to buy it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well let's think about the imgur rumor and this one. Both contain choices that no sane person would add to a "leak" and they can't both be true. People have caught on that they need to add some really bad/weird choices to a rumor if they want people to buy it.
The Imgur rumor at least took choice that made sense and piggybacked the only truthful leak with credibility, that one being Vergeben.
That leak absolutely didn't.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It might sound weird, but I'd be more hyped to play against Ridley than to play as him.
I feel the same way. Taking down a (somewhat) big Ridley as Sheik is gonna be a blast, can you say "Death by a Thousand Needles!"?

If Lucina is back, (with a revamped moveset hopefully) if (and a big IF) I get Lyn and/or Krystal, it'll be a bob-OMB fest as I cut Ridley down to size, or whack him in the head with a magic staff.
So will Ridley and Simon be the only newcomers a e3?
I hope not, lack of interest in those two aside, (I just wanted them for everyone else who wanted them) I want our newcomers to be a surprise.

Wow us, amaze us, get us hooked on a character we never knew we wanted until you introduced it just now Sakurai, just like you did with Sheik, Marth, Roy, Wolf, Rosalina, Greninja, and Cloud (my opinion of wow characters I didn't expect). Bring back that feeling again!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Cant Tuesday come faster?

I'm really not buying this ""leak"", even when taking account the ESRB one, it just seem to try too hard to look legit.

Also, is the swearing in it here to make it look more legit? Because it make it even harder to take seriously imo.

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
I'm sorry for asking but what's it about this Bewear concept art? Bewear is one of my favs so I would love to know a little more about it

D

Deleted member

View attachment 147618

That's how he lost his virginity
I wish I never seen this.
Bandana Dee as an Assist Trophy? *TRIGGERED
"Mr. Sakurai, there are angry people with spears surrounding us."
Aaaaaaand with that I'm off for the night!
Good night N3ON.
I think it probably depends on how Ridley plays. If he looks appealing and unlike any other fighter so far, I might give him a go and see how far that lasts. If I find enjoyment in playing as him, I think I might main him, then if not, I'll just get a kick out of finally being able to play as Ridley at all.
Ridley will probably be a slow big character that has combo potential like Bowser, DK or Charizard in Smash 4.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So i spent all day sorting my magic cards and watching E3 stuff trying not to think about smash (Fallout info helped me get my mind on other games), return to smash boards to see what happened today to find a random 4chan steenee leak being taken seriously... I really hope this one isnt true. Tuesday cant come soon enough.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New 4chan "leak" coming in via ResetEra, didn't see anybody mention this ITT yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-240#post-9005930
Yay! Captain Toad is in! But why is he a summoner? :confused:

Steenee? I don't think anyone ever suggested her. She's like the Wii Fit Trainer of the Pokémon roster. :facepalm:

Ridley is in. Cool. :p

Robobot Armor Kirby? What? That's Final Smash material! Bandana Waddle Dee should be playable instead of that piece of junk. :glare:

Athlete? From the NES sports games? Not Track Meet but an athlete who uses stuff from Baseball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, and Ice Hockey? And that's the new retro newcomer? Wow... I would be shocked if we got that, especially after I started talking about Track Meet. :eek:

Oh, and where is Simon Belmont? :nervous:

Yay! Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe gets in Smash as an Assist Trophy! :awesome:

Pak E. Derm from Yoshi's Story finally gets in Smash as an Assist Trophy! About time! That was one of my most wanted Assist Trophies since pre-Brawl. :colorful:

Blanka is an Asisst Trophy too. Awesome! :crazy:

Death Mountain from Breath of the Wild stage? Why? I hated going up Death Mountain in that game. :mad:

Meowth's coin is an item? So that's what Meowth has been reduced to... from Pokeball Pokémon to an item. :urg:

Overall, nice but disappointing fake leak... at least I hope it's fake. :ohwell:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Every single one of you that insulted Steenee are gonna catch these hands. Meet me outside.

Look at this ****, she's a queen who deserves respect and NONE of your masc Pokemon could ever compare.
Fun fact, the attack she does in the gif is literally ripped right from a magical girl anime.

?????????????

Smash Master
Oh man. Why right now? I’m so excited for Tuesday, I’m literally shaking. A lot. Typing is really hard.

D

Deleted member

Oh man. Why right now? I’m so excited for Tuesday, I’m literally shaking. A lot. Typing is really hard.
I am shaking a little bit too thinking about it!
I am hyped as well!
Nintendo's E3 conference has potential to be just as good as Xbox and Bethesda's conference, maybe even better.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Every single one of you that insulted Steenee are gonna catch these hands. Meet me outside.

Look at this ****, she's a queen who deserves respect and NONE of your masc Pokemon could ever compare.
Fun fact, the attack she does in the gif is literally ripped right from a magical girl anime.
In all honesty I wouldn't mind if Steenee made in Smash it could be worse, we could get Alolan Raticate...

Fight me.

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
D

Deleted member

In all honesty I wouldn't mind if Steenee made in Smash it could be worse, we could get Alolan Raticate...

Fight me.
Alolan Raticate is four times weak to fighting though. Instant bottom tier. :troll:

Why Steena when you have Tsareena? Steena is still cool though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
I call fake on that leak, it just doesn't seem credible to me.

Kirby, Sakurai's little baby who's also one of Smash's mascottes and the character that Sakurai created specifically to introduce new players to the game is now a mecha pilot with a technical and unintuitive moveset.

Also, Athlete and Steenee just don't seem plausible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom