• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hmm.

I dunno if we mentioned this already, but Vergeben's leak is getting more and more credibility.

His leak confirmed Just Cause 4 and a new Shonen Jump Crossover game, both of which were shown off at Microsoft's press conference.

These are scary times, boys and girls. Fun but scary times.
As a side note, Just Cause 4 was already leaked through Walmart, so unless one of his sources had known about it beforehand and he didn't say anything about it, he's piggybacking off that leak. But yeah, Jump Force is all him.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What does the Minecraft stage in the Verge leak mean? It seems weird to just put in a 3rd party stage, I think we're getting Steve or Banjo (please be Banjo).

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
What does the Minecraft stage in the Verge leak mean? It seems weird to just put in a 3rd party stage, I think we're getting Steve or Banjo (please be Banjo).
It was never confirmed what exactly Minecraft in Smash would be. All Verg said was that Minecraft would appear in Smash in an unknown capacity. I personally am speculating a stage because Minecraft is the perfect game to be represented by just a stage. But with what we know, it could very well be a playable Minecraft Steve.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Is the Verg leak really that scary? I mean we get RIDLEY, Snake and IC's back, and a gaming icon in Snake. He didn't go overboard with other stuff, such as the imgur leak. I know this is a subjective topic, but as someone who isn't particularly attached to any of those characters even a little, I think the Verg leak sounds incredible for Smash.
I didn't really mean "scary" as much as I meant "exciting". Scary in an exciting way because it's just so unreal.

I'm running off no sleep right now and cannot vocab properly :V

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It was never confirmed what exactly Minecraft in Smash would be. All Verg said was that Minecraft would appear in Smash in an unknown capacity. I personally am speculating a stage because Minecraft is the perfect game to be represented by just a stage. But with what we know, it could very well be a playable Minecraft Steve.
A third party stage without a character rep is something Sakurai has yet to do.

Emphasis on the word "yet"

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Is the Verg leak really that scary? I mean we get RIDLEY, Snake and IC's back, and a gaming icon in Snake. He didn't go overboard with other stuff, such as the imgur leak. I know this is a subjective topic, but as someone who isn't particularly attached to any of those characters even a little, I think the Verg leak sounds incredible for Smash.
100% biased by the fact that I used to main ICs and have Ridley in my top 3 but I agree. Vergeben is not a particularly contentious leak:

- Two unique returning veterans
- One of the most popular first party newcomer requests
- An additional third party character with long running history with Nintendo

And perhaps most importantly it even specifies it isn't everything, so you can enjoy the parts of this leak you like whilst still hyping for your own personal #1.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I didn't really mean "scary" as much as I meant "exciting". Scary in an exciting way because it's just so unreal.

I'm running off no sleep right now and cannot vocab properly :V
Makes sense.

As far as Verg's leak goes, I really see it as an ideal situation for Smash. I literally don't give a rats ass about the characters listed in his leak from a personal standpoint, but they all have so much meaning, though it's a different meaning for each one.

Ridley is Smash's biggest meme because the masses have wanted him so bad for so long

Simon is a gaming icon

Ice Climbers are a fan-favorite and very unique veteran

Snake is both a gaming icon and a fan favorite veteran

It's crazy to me that out of all the dumb and overly optimistic leaks, this one may actually be real.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Makes sense.

As far as Verg's leak goes, I really see it as an ideal situation for Smash. I literally don't give a rats *** about the characters listed in his leak from a personal standpoint, but they all have so much meaning, though it's a different meaning for each one.

Ridley is Smash's biggest meme because the masses have wanted him so bad for so long

Simon is a gaming icon

Ice Climbers are a fan-favorite and very unique veteran

Snake is both a gaming icon and a fan favorite veteran

It's crazy to me that out of all the dumb and overly optimistic leaks, this one may actually be real.
I think there will also be another 1st party newcomer besides Ridley.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think there will also be another 1st party newcomer besides Ridley.
I'm not saying that's all we're getting. I'm saying that's all we know from Verg's leak and the list he gave us is incredible and I'm hopeful those characters are among the final roster.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I want to know if they'll bring back Xander Mobius as the announcer.

He seems like a great guy and is involved with a variety of YouTubers, but he just seemed off in Smash 4.

They've replaced the announcer for every installment so far.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We get to E3 and this is what's revealed:

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

How do you feel coming off the show? Are you hype? Are you angry?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I want to know if they'll bring back Xander Mobius as the announcer.

He seems like a great guy and is involved with a variety of YouTubers, but he just seemed off in Smash 4.

They've replaced the announcer for every installment so far.
This. The 50 fact extravaganza was absolutely a blast to watch thanks to him.
And I'll forever remember his TIME FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

I hope he will come back

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

I'd be confused by Bewear's appearance, and Steve to some extent, but I'd be super down for this being the list of characters we get revealed.

...But only if you add Wolf to the list :^)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
The real question here is why hasn't anyone ever asked Vergeben about K.Rool or Waluigi D:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'd be confused by Bewear's appearance, and Steve to some extent, but I'd be super down for this being the list of characters we get revealed.

...But only if you add Wolf to the list :^)
Maybe Wolf will be there to tie in with the Star Fox game annoucement.

The real question here is why hasn't anyone ever asked Vergeben about K.Rool or Waluigi D:
The imgur leak had K. Rool

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

I personally have no interest in Bewear, and would prefer any of the other pokemon contenders, but that's okay. Good for those who like him. Besides...

Ridley being in, is good enough alone for me to be hyped.

But then we have Snake's return, Simon with what should be an interesting moveset, and Captain Toad is a cool dood.

As for Steve, I'd love to see minecraft represented, but Steve himself I'd need to see how he's animated and looks before decide if I like him in or not.

Regardless. Ridley being in: I'd be wearing a stupid grin all day.

Vergeben has said he doesn't know about anyone else being in. He can't comment on their likelyhood.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

I think this is what we'll get but with Mimkyu or Decidueye instead of Bewear

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

Steve would make me quite annoyed but the rest are fine. Dunno, i know Minecraft is popular but if they use anything from MS it should be Banjo-Kazooie (I will never let this go)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He only knows what he's sharing, it's not like he knows the full roster, he just depends on what his sources tell him.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Steve would make me quite annoyed but the rest are fine. Dunno, i know Minecraft is popular but if they use anything from MS it should be Banjo-Kazooie (I will never let this go)
Meanwhile at Microsoft - "What is a Banjo-Kazooie?"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Scary thought, King Hippo is announced for the game... and all the news sites go into meltdown over perceived racism. Against a fictional country.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Beware would be funny because he doesn't want to fight, he just wants to hug his opponents to death. Unfourtunately literally.
But I would rather have Steenee. She is really cute.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Why the actual **** would goddamn Steenee be considered let alone playable when it's evolution exists
Because Tsareena looks like a hooker :troll:

No seriously though, her design just isn't for me. Urgh. As for the leak... I have a lot of Pokemon that I'd like to see more, but if it is true at least Ridley is in, and hey, Steenee isn't the worst they could have chosen (Still should have been Lurantis :troll:).

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Because Tsareena looks like a hooker :troll:

No seriously though, her design just isn't for me. Urgh. As for the leak... I have a lot of Pokemon that I'd like to see more, but if it is true at least Ridley is in, and hey, Steenee isn't the worst they could have chosen (Still should have been Lurantis :troll:).
That leak is fake and there's no way Steenee will be playable.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I would love to see Ridley with Samus Returns design. It is just so badass. And changing the colour to red when hit hard would be cool.
I doubt he'll have any metal on him. Meta Ridley could be his final smash though.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
This Steenee rumour made me think: What if Sakurai decided to pull the most random pokemon ever to be in 5mash just because he can? Who would you want it to be?
If it needs to be from Sun & Moon I would like Golisopod.
If it is from any generation Dragonite or Snorlax would be really cool.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Ok I was away from the internet most of yesterday and will also be today but I read the Steenee thing and
IMG_20180611_064013.png

I'm in

Steenee is cute, I'm down. Robobot Kirby is the weird one here, to me at least. I'd be alright with the way Ridley plays there.
Overall, probably fake but I'd be happy if it was real

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
With that countdown timer on the General Discussion homepage, is that relating to when we'll see the first gameplay of Super Smash Bros for Switch, or Nintendo's Press conference? Just wanting to know so I can hype responsibly, and hopefully not get any reveal times wrong.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
With that countdown timer on the General Discussion homepage, is that relating to when we'll see the first gameplay of Super Smash Bros for Switch, or Nintendo's Press conference? Just wanting to know so I can hype responsibly, and hopefully not get any reveal times wrong.
It refers to when the Nintendo E3 Direct starts

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This Steenee rumour made me think: What if Sakurai decided to pull the most random pokemon ever to be in 5mash just because he can? Who would you want it to be?
If it needs to be from Sun & Moon I would like Golisopod.
If it is from any generation Dragonite or Snorlax would be really cool.
Nidoking would be absolutely ace, both Ground and Poison moves have a lot of potential for interesting effects.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
That leak is fake and there's no way Steenee will be playable.
Never said anything different, did I? Yeah I also do not think it is real, but if it was I'd not be (too) mad. Still trusting Vergeben's leak a lot more, and even that I'm trying very hard not to trust until I see official footage of a playable Ridley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom